E3 so far... very disapointed

Louie04k

Not a single game shown so far has me excited, its a sad time that small indie games like bannerlord, kingdom come, and 7 days to die alpha 17 has me more excited. And wtf is with every single action game now focused on females? I have a lovely wife and daughter and love them, but fact is, even a decently big guy like me would have a hard time weilding a braodsword and an mg42 like it weighs nothing, and beating the crap outta 250lb monster guys, just breaks immersion for me, is this what us gamers want?

I haven't watched E3, but I heard they anounced Elder Scrolls VI, which I'm interested in.

Anything else I heard of hasn't held my interest.

As for action games and females, why do people care so much and act like it's the most unrealistic thing about the scenario? Why is there outcry now? If it's such a big deal, why haven't I heard bitching about the female protagonists in older games? It seems like the complaining is a new thing, yet what is being complained about isn't. Why has this become an issue?

I appologize if you're actually not a part of this group, but it is a trend I don't really understand. People seem to complain everytime a woman plays too central a role in fictional media, even though this is something that's been going on for a while and used to not be a big deal.

I haven't watched E3, but I heard they anounced Elder Scrolls VI, which I'm interested in.

Anything else I heard of hasn't held my interest.

As for action games and females, why do people care so much and act like it's the most unrealistic thing about the scenario? Why is there outcry now? If it's such a big deal, why haven't I heard bitching about the female protagonists in older games? It seems like the complaining is a new thing, yet what is being complained about isn't. Why has this become an issue?

I appologize if you're actually not a part of this group, but it is a trend I don't really understand. People seem to complain everytime a woman plays too central a role in fictional media, even though this is something that's been going on for a while and used to not be a big deal.

Yea watched almost all e3 conferences, NOTHING wowed me.and well i can see were these people who complain, i dont really care but it just seems so forced you know? Idk its just weird, and some of my favourite movies like alien, had strong and unique main female leads, but they seemed organic and interesting with strengths and weaknesses and good character development, alot of these new movies and games the females just seem like a mary sues and it feels forced, but i dont get why.... anyways e3 just was a complete let down for me, hopfully indie games keep me interested in gaming, because iv lost hope in aaa

Females are being prioritized in action games because of all the sexist nonsense that the feminists have been spewing lately. None of it makes any sense, we just have to put up with it until it blows over.

But ya, E3 is extremely disappointing to me too. Elder Scrolls VI is probably the only triple A title I'm looking forward to... hopefully they don't screw it up. I'm sure Doom will interest a lot of ppl too (though I've never really been a fan of that series).

I think I'll just keep playing and enjoying my indie games. Lord knows I have enough of them in my account which I haven't even had the chance to play yet.

I'm seeing a lot of new ip's coming, which is refreshing really. There also seems to be a power shift happening between the two big corporations. There are a few nuggets out there that I will definitely look into. I must say though, Hitman 2, Fallout '76, Doom and even the new Quake have me kind of excited to see how they pan out. I want to know more about Starfield. Just guessing but it seems like it might be Bethesda's answer to Mass Effect? Dunno.

Evidently, Starfield is in production but Elder Scrolls VI is in pre-production. Rumor has it, they may not hit until the next generation of console. Bummed about that.

As far as females in video games, I always play a female character, especially in 3rd person. I'm much rather be seeing a female the entire time I play that some steroid-enhanced male. :)

Females are being prioritized in action games because of all the sexist nonsense that the feminists have been spewing lately. None of it makes any sense, we just have to put up with it until it blows over.

But ya, E3 is extremely disappointing to me too. Elder Scrolls VI is probably the only triple A title I'm looking forward to... hopefully they don't screw it up. I'm sure Doom will interest a lot of ppl too (though I've never really been a fan of that series).

I think I'll just keep playing and enjoying my indie games. Lord knows I have enough of them in my account which I haven't even had the chance to play yet.

Yea thats vibe i am getting, hopefully it blows over soon. And Yea im not getting hyped for tes6 until the year it comes out, as for starfield, some are saying it might even come out next year so thats exciting, and for me fallout 76 seems meh, but hopfully they surprise me.

Wait, you did see cyberpunk right? Death stranding?

This female protagonists hate is crap. Ellie is an amazing character. No one has an agenda; a writer writes a story with characters and sometimes the characters are girls.

It's just to bad i have to play all those ps4 games on ps4 when i have a pc that can run circles around it.

I would only consider this interesting if they said they were going back to the mechanics of the earlier Elder Scrolls games like Morrowind had. No more baby-style easy like Oblivion and Skyrim that's made for people who can't accept an actual challenge.

Regardless though, they've only announced that it's coming. Major development for it is still a ways off, and we won't see a release date on the horizon for at least a few more years. There really is no point to announcing it this year at all except to fill the void that is apparently this years E3.

I would only consider this interesting if they said they were going back to the mechanics of the earlier Elder Scrolls games like Morrowind had. No more baby-style easy like Oblivion and Skyrim that's made for people who can't accept an actual challenge.

Regardless though, they've only announced that it's coming. Major development for it is still a ways off, and we won't see a release date on the horizon for at least a few more years. There really is no point to announcing it this year at all except to fill the void that is apparently this years E3.

Personally, I think they announced ES VI because there is a lot of hate toward the multiplayer game and its been over 6 years with no word yet. People have probably assumed they gave up on the single player series, especially with ESO doing so well.

I was pretty psyched to see a formal announcement for Starfield, even though there's really no indication of how the game will actually look. I have high hopes for a Bethesda space game, though.

Fallout 76 looks kinda meh, but I'll play it. The new Rage game didn't look bad, although the fast paced Doom style shooter really isn't my wheelhouse. But yeah, nothing really just floored me that I've seen thus far.

This female protagonists hate is crap. Ellie is an amazing character. No one has an agenda; a writer writes a story with characters and sometimes the characters are girls.

It's just to bad i have to play all those ps4 games on ps4 when i have a pc that can run circles around it.

No hate... just confusing and annoying, that's all. There are many amazing games with female main characters in them, like Life is Strange series, Tomb Raider series, The Last of Us series, Resident Evil series, can't think of any others off hand but I know there's a lot more... but it needs to make sense for the game they're in. For example: seeing a handicapped female main character in a cutscene where she's in the front lines of a World War 2 based game doesn't make any sense and completely feels out of place. Having the option to play a female character is fine... break the immersion all you want, it's your own choice, just don't force that nonsense on us.

When did anyone hate on female protagonist? Theyve been in games forever, we are just saying it feels like its being forced and that yes, there is an agenda the last couple years.

- - - Updated - - -

I was pretty psyched to see a formal announcement for Starfield, even though there's really no indication of how the game will actually look. I have high hopes for a Bethesda space game, though.

Fallout 76 looks kinda meh, but I'll play it. The new Rage game didn't look bad, although the fast paced Doom style shooter really isn't my wheelhouse. But yeah, nothing really just floored me that I've seen thus far.

Yea im hoping starfield comes next year because i really want a bethesda sytle rpg single player game, im going to be honest and say i didnt like fallout 4 that much and only put in maybe 60 hours, but i feel like they have heard us fan loud and clear we want a proper rpg

I think the main culprit is Disney. It is pretty blatant when ALL the positions of power are filled by females as in the new Star Wars films and the male characters are all hot-headed fools bumbling along shooting first and not thinking.

The first time I really noticed it was in the Sleeping Beauty remake called Malificent, when the classic trope of True Love's kiss cut out the need for a male prince completely. There is definitely a trend towards de-emphasizing male capability. It's also prevalent in family sitcom shows where the father figure is almost always depicted as a witless fool.

It's not hate to notice what is right there... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Yea im hoping starfield comes next year because i really want a bethesda sytle rpg single player game, im going to be honest and say i didnt like fallout 4 that much and only put in maybe 60 hours, but i feel like they have heard us fan loud and clear we want a proper rpg

Starfield will definitely be before Elder Scrolls VI, at least from what I heard. Todd Howard was saying that the technology is almost there for both games but Starfield is actually playable right now. Elder Scrolls is not.

As far as a proper rpg, it took 6 years for them to release Skyrim from Oblivion and 7 years between Fallout 3 & 4. This being only 2 years down the line, people should have known Fallout 76 is NOT the next in line of a proper rpg. I wouldn't expect the next "proper" installment until about 2023 if the timeline holds.

Last of us 2 looks intense like the first one if not more... but that's planned for 2019 unfortunately... and it's for consoles only which I hate. But I definitely can't wait to watch the walkthrough of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Not a single game shown so far has me excited, its a sad time that small indie games like bannerlord, kingdom come, and 7 days to die alpha 17 has me more excited. And wtf is with every single action game now focused on females? I have a lovely wife and daughter and love them, but fact is, even a decently big guy like me would have a hard time weilding a braodsword and an mg42 like it weighs nothing, and beating the crap outta 250lb monster guys, just breaks immersion for me, is this what us gamers want?

Seems like its all about what sells, and currently, having female characters that either are either busty, or is able to attract some sort of following or idolization sells better than the typical 'badass male character' of the past.

Well, there's battlefield V, Black Ops 4, and RDR 2 to look forward to if all else fails.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/buyers-guides/139645-upcoming-ps4-games-best-new-playstation-games-coming-soon

Seems like its all about what sells, and currently, having female characters that either are either busty, or is able to attract some sort of following or idolization sells better than the typical 'badass male character' of the past.

Well, there's battlefield V, Black Ops 4, and RDR 2 to look forward to if all else fails.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/buyers-guides/139645-upcoming-ps4-games-best-new-playstation-games-coming-soon

Battlefield V kinda it looks interesting some of the new mechanics they are putting in but other then that it really isn't nothing new.

Oh another COD can't wait *cough cough* I stopped playing COD right after black ops. It is just the same game over and over with a different skin over it. It isn't nothing like it used to be.

RDR 2 now that one I got preordered and can't wait to play. Hopefully they will do like GTA and release it on PC at a later time but if not I guess it is what it is.

A few games I can't say I'm excited for but will get and try out are.... spider man, days gone, fallout 76, the division 2. Maybe a few more but between A17, RDR 2 and some of these games and the ones I already have I will be pretty busy between these and work lol.

Battlefield V kinda it looks interesting some of the new mechanics they are putting in but other then that it really isn't nothing new.

Oh another COD can't wait *cough cough* I stopped playing COD right after black ops. It is just the same game over and over with a different skin over it. It isn't nothing like it used to be.

RDR 2 now that one I got preordered and can't wait to play. Hopefully they will do like GTA and release it on PC at a later time but if not I guess it is what it is.

A few games I can't say I'm excited for but will get and try out are.... spider man, days gone, fallout 76, the division 2. Maybe a few more but between A17, RDR 2 and some of these games and the ones I already have I will be pretty busy between these and work lol.

Hahaha, well yeah I agree with you to be entirely honest but just kind of throwing stuff out there y'know, or can't really bring my point across. Fallout 76 and The Division 2 definitely are on my to-play list but other than that, its pretty much the same old thing when it comes to the main shooters. RDR 2 was a game I've been looking forward to ever since completing the first one on my xbox when I was 13.

Hahaha, well yeah I agree with you to be entirely honest but just kind of throwing stuff out there y'know, or can't really bring my point across. Fallout 76 and The Division 2 definitely are on my to-play list but other than that, its pretty much the same old thing when it comes to the main shooters. RDR 2 was a game I've been looking forward to ever since completing the first one on my xbox when I was 13.

I gotcha it's all good it is only a personal opinion of mine anyway lol I mean I'm not going to hate on someone because they like a specific game or anything. I just lost interest in COD and battlefield I'm not to far from losing interest.

Fallout 76 I'm interested in but it will be a different type of fallout then the rest so we shall see. On the division I'm more interested if they learned from the beginning stage of the first one or not. I would like to start fresh on it. I lost interest in the first one, I did try and go back to it after they updated and all and it was better but by that time I was more interested in other games. So when part 2 comes out I hope they at least pick up from the first one with all they did to it and such. The only thing that worries me is it is ubisoft and they have been known to be a let down. Hopefully not this time but again we shall see.

Archived