Extremely easy suggestion - Land Claim Blocks

GloomyMP

So, we all know LCBs are great for carving out a chunk of Navezgane and making it your own. But, there are a few times where it is not particularly immersive.

I’ll concede that increased structure HP is a good thing to prevent users from rage quitting from a destroyed base offline, but I think there should be some activities that should persist even in a claimed area:

1. A campfire should always be able to be built or destroyed without LCB interference. This way if you stumble into an area you can’t readily escape, you can have heat and food/drink at your disposal.

2. Hay bales should be able to be placed anywhere, including LCB protected areas. These aren’t buildings, but they are common enough and easy to craft, and will get you out of someone’s pit if you happen to get stuck.

Thanks!

Hay bales can be used to nerdpole so it would allow easy access to someones base if you could put them down in someones land claim area.

Agreed, plus part of a base defense IS a pit. If your in someone elses territory then you are at risk and need to be careful. If anything their should be a suicide button so you can kill yourself if that occurs rather then having to wait.

Yeah, but my point is that in real life, if I stacked enough stuff, I could climb anything. If you’re worried about me getting in from above, make a better roof. I chose hay bales because they are weak and very easily removed.

LCBs already prevent or reduce damage, so, the argument is really should we punish a player who gets stuck in a pit to where they lose all their stuff? I think we should not. If you’re going to have defensive measures that will kill a player, it is unbalanced to not at least have a way for that player to mitigate the situation if simply being offensive isn’t an option.

Yeah, but my point is that in real life, if I stacked enough stuff, I could climb anything. If you’re worried about me getting in from above, make a better roof. I chose hay bales because they are weak and very easily removed.

LCBs already prevent or reduce damage, so, the argument is really should we punish a player who gets stuck in a pit to where they lose all their stuff? I think we should not. If you’re going to have defensive measures that will kill a player, it is unbalanced to not at least have a way for that player to mitigate the situation if simply being offensive isn’t an option.

In real life you wouldn't respawn if dead, you wouldn't have magic protection of blocks in your area, you wouldn't have zombies, etc. Heck in real life if you broke into my house you'd go to jail and wouldn't be playing games.

Real life has no place in a video game.

Anyways they act as much more then just reducing damage, they prevent griefing such as filling someones base with concrete blocks or other objects, etc.

A player should be able to have an exterior wall without having to worry about people exploiting it to get over or forcing them to live in a giant block.

If a player CHOOSES to raid another player then they assume the risk that they will die in the process and lose their gear. Considering TFP added trap floors that drop people down its part of base defense.

Pits and trap falls can be mitigated by paying attention when you raid a base, its not like they are invisible. It's not unbalanced at all.

-snip-

LCBs already prevent or reduce damage, so, the argument is really should we punish a player who gets stuck in a pit to where they lose all their stuff? -snip-

If they are out creeping around others' bases...yes, absolutely.

And to add to Brian: IRL, I wouldn't be away from home so long you could stack your way unchallenged into my base.

2. Hay bales should be able to be placed anywhere, including LCB protected areas. These aren’t buildings, but they are common enough and easy to craft, and will get you out of someone’s pit if you happen to get stuck.

Thanks!

Back when I played PvP I made land claimed pit traps and since the server was set to "drop all on death" and "drop all on quit" I would daily get a nice harvest of backpacks. In fact one of my traps was a ship that I built in the main lake of Navezgane (been awhile since I PvP'ed). I built it near the shore and made a dock so that it was easily accessible. There was an opening with a ladder in the deck and a conspicuous storage chest within sight of the hole. The ladder only went part way down but players wouldn't think about that before descending into the hold to check out the chest and then discover that they were stuck. Sometimes I would have to throw some pipebombs down there if someone was still alive but most of the time that ship's hold was full of backpacks....

I say no to being able to place anything within someone else's claimed area.

Back when I played PvP I made land claimed pit traps and since the server was set to "drop all on death" and "drop all on quit" I would daily get a nice harvest of backpacks. In fact one of my traps was a ship that I built in the main lake of Navezgane (been awhile since I PvP'ed). I built it near the shore and made a dock so that it was easily accessible. There was an opening with a ladder in the deck and a conspicuous storage chest within sight of the hole. The ladder only went part way down but players wouldn't think about that before descending into the hold to check out the chest and then discover that they were stuck. Sometimes I would have to throw some pipebombs down there if someone was still alive but most of the time that ship's hold was full of backpacks....

I say no to being able to place anything within someone else's claimed area.

I read it and got the idea ... or two ideas ...

1. Add the sound of a breaking tree a second before the fake block is destroyed.

2. Add fake stairs and ladders.

3 add to these blocks the same warning sound 1 second before they break.

4. Fake blocks could replace the usual blocks in the POI as it is done with empty cabinets.

What do you think about this?

I read it and got the idea ... or two ideas ...

1. Add the sound of a breaking tree a second before the fake block is destroyed.

2. Add fake stairs and ladders.

3 add to these blocks the same warning sound 1 second before they break.

4. Fake blocks could replace the usual blocks in the POI as it is done with empty cabinets.

What do you think about this?

It would be better to have the sound as it breaks. Burglars don't need a warning before they fall victim to a trap inside my base.

No...

I feel that this thread was made for people who are simply looking to infiltrate other people's places. I'm on the opposite. When I start a game, I want to protect where I am. I like the way LCBs are already. I don't want to make it easier for people to get in, the point of LCBs are to keep people out. And using these LCBs are not as tricky to maneuver around than they are to put down to keep people out. I don't think we should make it easier for people who just want in.

Archived