CSMM - Cloud hosted server manager

Catalysm

ok i went in and stopped the server. uninstalled alloc bad company and coppi. then reinstalled all starting with alloc. now csmm is working. I did this cause a version check came back bad on alloc. So i think it was a bad install of alloc that caused it.

That is exactly the motivation behind this feature!

To expand a bit on the teaser:

CSMM is able to track players' location and inventory. Server admins can query this info in 2 ways right now: per player or per location (example in that earlier screenshot). I'm currently working on the frontend of this, so users can get the data they need in the easiest way possible. For example, drawing a square on the map and seeing who was there. or searching for a tool of a specific quality to see who has been raiding.

As to how long data is kept (aka how far back players get tracked), that is still very much up in the air. I'm monitoring how much toll this is taking on the database. Both in size of data and how often is written/read. Location tracking should not be much of a problem, but inventory takes a LOT more data :D.

The current plan is to let free users have a basic version of this, while donators will get extended features (mainly data kept for a longer time)

Here's some more images of the tracker right now. Keep in mind, it might still change alot ;D

https://imgur.com/a/N6jzUHa

Wonderful news. And I can see the conundrum about the time, having to balance how far back to keep with available space especially if the server is very popular. Am sure you will get it straightened out. I am also sure it will be a great admin tool.

ok i went in and stopped the server. uninstalled alloc bad company and coppi. then reinstalled all starting with alloc. now csmm is working. I did this cause a version check came back bad on alloc. So i think it was a bad install of alloc that caused it.

Awesome, glad you got it working again :)

Wonderful news. And I can see the conundrum about the time, having to balance how far back to keep with available space especially if the server is very popular. Am sure you will get it straightened out. I am also sure it will be a great admin tool.

For sure! :D

---

Update!

A whole bunch of frontend changes, I'm too lazy to list all of them. I'm sure you will notice them while using the CSMM website :D

Player tracker can display land claims now. So you can find a players land claim and then perform a location search to see who has been there

Optimized the performance of loading tracker data

running good and i like the features. one request tho would be to hide commands from discord chat bot so when people do /home and such it doesnt flood the discord channel and people only see what they need to see.

Sounds like a reasonable request :D I made an issue in the project tracker, I'll probably add it to CSMM when I'm done with the player tracker stuff.

https://github.com/CatalysmsServerManager/CSMM-issues/issues/23

If you can overlook the fact Matt-Bot1 is involved in this project (I do but it's really hard.) Catalysm is doing an excellent job on CSMM. Overall I give this project an A+++++++++ :D I'm a Patreon supporter, I like it that much.

1Comments about Matt-Bot are just jokes and not meant to reflect negatively on CSMM or any other projects, Matt-Bot just looks funny to me.

Edited by The Hated Crew (see edit history)

If you can overlook the fact Matt-Bot1 is involved in this project (I do but it's really hard.) Catalysm is doing an excellent job on CSMM. Overall I give this project an A+++++++++ :D I'm a Patreon supporter, I like it that much.

1Comments about Matt-Bot are just jokes and not meant to reflect negatively on CSMM or any other projects, Matt-Bot just looks funny to me.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Awesome, thanks so much :D Glad you like it

----

Player tracker can now be accessed by everyone! I added a new table that shows inventory changes per item as well, so reading the data you queried should be really simple.

I really like the new server page you get when you login, having both servers with one-click access to every option is great. If you add open tickets to that, if you haven't already, that will awesome.

Have a look at the icon in the top navbar when you are logged in :p The question mark with a circle will show you all open tickets for servers you own or are admin of. Blue circle is a 'new' indicator but it's not working 100% yet.

oSSxeJx.png

Haven't 'officially' announced that yet, I'm still working on it and some other changes to the ticket system :D

----------------------

I'd like to post a reminder to everyone that the art contest for CSMM's logo is still open until the 20th! We're giving away a month of CSMM premium membership to the winner :D

Edited by Catalysm (see edit history)

thanks @Catalysm. CSMM is looking more like the prior SM I admired most CBSM.

Do I recommend CSMM, Yes!

So far, I've Not had issues of this SM staying disconnected like another SM I also run.

Keep up the great work on this project.

thanks @Catalysm. CSMM is looking more like the prior SM I admired most CBSM.

Do I recommend CSMM, Yes!

So far, I've Not had issues of this SM staying disconnected like another SM I also run.

Keep up the great work on this project.

Awesome man, thanks for the support :)

This works really great! I can see teleports happening now. Truly briliant :)

Cheers

You're making me blush :D

----

- Import/export functionality for cron jobs, custom commands and shop listings. It uses JSON format, try exporting your current config to see the syntax. I'll do a more detailed write up in the docs later on but you can play around with it already.

- Ingame help

Doesn't link you to the docs anymore, but lists all enabled commands. help <commandname> will show detailed info

- Ingame command aliases

Almost all commands now have aliases. See them with the ingame help command

- Fixed some bugs, introduced some new ones

EDIT: don't need a whole new post for this;

I made server dashboard loading faster for large servers

EDIT2:

I made this repo a while ago but never really announced it or w/e :p If you want custom icons in CSMM;

https://github.com/CatalysmsServerManager/7dtd-icons

Edited by Catalysm (see edit history)

Awesome man, thanks for the support :)

You're making me blush :D

----

- Import/export functionality for cron jobs, custom commands and shop listings. It uses JSON format, try exporting your current config to see the syntax. I'll do a more detailed write up in the docs later on but you can play around with it already.

- Ingame help

Doesn't link you to the docs anymore, but lists all enabled commands. help <commandname> will show detailed info

- Ingame command aliases

Almost all commands now have aliases. See them with the ingame help command

- Fixed some bugs, introduced some new ones

EDIT: don't need a whole new post for this;

I made server dashboard loading faster for large servers

EDIT2:

I made this repo a while ago but never really announced it or w/e :p If you want custom icons in CSMM;

https://github.com/CatalysmsServerManager/7dtd-icons

Nice! Will the command aliases be configurable? Or is it just a way to make usage easier?

Cheers

Nice! Will the command aliases be configurable? Or is it just a way to make usage easier?

Cheers

Probably not! Just a way to make sure the command is still usable if some other mod/SM uses the same command and to make it easier for players to get the right cmd (teleset vs settele for example) Shouldn't be a problem anyway, since CSMM can listen for any prefix ;d

Probably not! Just a way to make sure the command is still usable if some other mod/SM uses the same command and to make it easier for players to get the right cmd (teleset vs settele for example) Shouldn't be a problem anyway, since CSMM can listen for any prefix ;d

No worries. Was just curious bout it. Players are starting to find their way to the server shop. :) Works a charm mate.

not sure if im doing something wrong, but im unable to delete custom commands. cant seem to get them to work either but in testing it ive made 3 and im at max, but unable to delete others.

Hey there, just tested it myself and there does seem to be an issue with deleting them. I'll have a look either tonight or tomorrow morning

In the meantime, you could use the export/import system recently added to it. It's a different way of adding and deleting custom commands. Just tried it and that still works atleast.

http://csmm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/pages/FAQ.html#how-does-the-import-export-system-work

Can you show the ones you made? Because they're working for me so I'm assuming some misconfiguration ;d

Tried debuff ${entityid} also tried bc-rembuff with same variable and sprainedleg after

buffs, like items have to have exact spelling....I think it is typed as sprainedLeg...with leg capitalized.

Unless you just never capitalized it in the post but did in your command.

On related note, has anyone made a list of things in game such as a list of items, buffs, blocks, etc with the way they have to be spelled to be used in commands.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Tried debuff ${entityid} also tried bc-rembuff with same variable and sprainedleg after

buffs, like items have to have exact spelling....I think it is typed as sprainedLeg...with leg capitalized.

On related note, has anyone made a list of things in game such as a list of items, buffs, blocks, etc with the way they have to be spelled to be used in commands.

After looking at the database, Gamida is correct, "sprainedleg" is supposed to be "sprainedLeg". The other stuff you made has similar problems, like debuff command without a debuff :p

It's best to give the commands a test run before making a custom one to make sure it can work. Swing by the discord if you want for some realtime support ;)

@Gamida

I'm keeping a list of icons (aka item names), not buffs or other stuff though. It's definetly interesting to do something like that, super useful. Hard to manage with all the available mods and stuff. If people want, I can set up something to do that on Github.

That way any mod/servermanager can use those lists for validation or enumeration. I'll have a look after the weekend ;D

Let me know if anyone wants to be involved in the start or whatever ;D

Allocs has the listitems <searchstring> command. And coppis can list all available blocks (or search any block) with pblock command. With coppis lpbuff command you can see how the buff a player has is spelled exactly. The playsound command can search and list all available sounds in game with correct spelling.

Cheers

-edit-

listitems * (or "listitems bolt" for ex.)

pblock * (or "pblock steel" for ex.)

playsound (or "playsound alarm" for ex.)

Edited by Prisma501 (see edit history)

After looking at the database, Gamida is correct, "sprainedleg" is supposed to be "sprainedLeg". The other stuff you made has similar problems, like debuff command without a debuff :p

It's best to give the commands a test run before making a custom one to make sure it can work. Swing by the discord if you want for some realtime support ;)

@Gamida

I'm keeping a list of icons (aka item names), not buffs or other stuff though. It's definetly interesting to do something like that, super useful. Hard to manage with all the available mods and stuff. If people want, I can set up something to do that on Github.

That way any mod/servermanager can use those lists for validation or enumeration. I'll have a look after the weekend ;D

Let me know if anyone wants to be involved in the start or whatever ;D

Yeah a list would be wonderful and as each mod would probably have different ones added it could be a pain to keep up. Maybe a list of vanilla ones would be a start though.

Allocs has the listitems <searchstring> command. And coppis can list all available blocks (or search any block) with pblock command. With coppis lpbuff command you can see how the buff a player has is spelled exactly. The playsound command can search and list all available sounds in game with correct spelling.

Cheers

-edit-

listitems * (or "listitems bolt" for ex.)

pblock * (or "pblock steel" for ex.)

playsound (or "playsound alarm" for ex.)

Thanks for that info.

Also I recently found out about the playsound command and tormented one of the other admins. I was awful lol. I couldn't play sounds from CSMM for some reason and had to be in the game to do it. Would have been nice as would have made it harder for him to suspect it was me if I didn't have to be in game lol.