Chainsaw volume

Bertinator

Anyone else find the Chainsaw volume to be EXTREMELY loud? When I play online and am chatting with my buddy, I can't hear a thing when I'm cutting down trees. I know it's realistic, but SHEESH! I think we can still enjoy the game with that volume reduced. I mean, using the auger isn't that bad when using it, the chainsaw should be the same. Who's with me on this?

Anyone else find the Chainsaw volume to be EXTREMELY loud? When I play online and am chatting with my buddy, I can't hear a thing when I'm cutting down trees. I know it's realistic, but SHEESH! I think we can still enjoy the game with that volume reduced. I mean, using the auger isn't that bad when using it, the chainsaw should be the same. Who's with me on this?

Haven't played in 5 months waiting for hte big 17 patch, but YEP. Remember this well. Always so loud.

I manually edit the XML to remove the sound of the chainsaw.

It's way too annoying.

I don't care that it's realistic, it ruins game play.

I had to do this as well, especially since the chainsaw is such great fun to use on zombies in late game.

But some of the fun IS lost with no sound.

I hope it gets tweaked for A17...

Indeed!

Normally I find it just annoying, but workable. But once you stream, or create videos, it's very troublesome as you have to continually go into the game master volume and adjust so people can hear you ... and that drops all other volumes equally so you won't hear zombies nearby either.

Find the auger esp useful even late game, and early game if you get it you can just boost lots of levels (and get resources) mining at night in the desert :)

/V -

...do the volume settings for them in sounds.xml not work?

I don't think they do, I think those volumes have to do with zombies noticing it. As I tried setting it to 0.01 and it still was just as loud in game. Unless I did something wrong. I tried something simmlar with the wrench and while it was still just as loud in game, it did seem to affect the distance zombies heard the noise from.

Another item i'd like the sound effects toned down for is the wrench, my god that constantly squeaking/scraping sound when wrenching things gets on my nerves, and deleteing the reference to the sound file itself didn't work. I tried to change param=metal to say wood, but then the wrench became unable to take anything apart anymore.

I do like that if you are using the chainsaw you have a hard time hearing zeds. It’s a natural consequence for the convenience of using that tool.

I find the “pew-pew” of the auger to be way more annoying...

Sure... I get the mechanics of it just fine... It makes sence that you'd not be able to hear the zombies.

What Im saying is, that it needs a tweak!

Because when you turn it on, you get blasted out of your chair!, it's so loud...

Perhaps it could be just an order of magnitude lower, and then some kind of audio reduction on the zombies...

This would make it much more enjoyable to use..

Archived