Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

3 hours ago, Lumpus said:

It's that the city is big... not the map itself (think it's a standard 8k).  It's a nice change from the standard maps

Gotcha. I feel like the 6k maps are a bit big for me, and I prefer being far away from the city as possible myself, since I don't raid POI's at random and just like living near a lake normally.

28 minutes ago, Moldy Bread said:

Are arrows supposed to take so horrifically long to smelt? And why can't I collect them?

Collecting arrows isn't enabled in DF, not sure what you mean by smelting arrows. Crafting the arrow heads? Breaking them down? If it's making them in the forge, each type of forge crafts at different speeds. The higher the tier, the faster.

15 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Loving the start of JaWoodle's new play-through with the BIG city and no traders map that Khaine made :)

Any chance of getting this as a map option for DF? 

Nope.

12 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

(a20.2 + df4.0)

Took down a DF lab today. After looting the portal remains I found six black key cards (portal power packs, or something like that).

When I went back to Anne, she just gave me the same quest again. I had the cards in my inventory at the time, thinking they might unlock a new quest.

Have not yet tried going to Eve with the cards. I think my character is about level 140 now (still need a few levels to unlock future tech 5 for laser carbines).

Are these black cards used for anything special? If so, I need a hint on what to do with them.

They're currently not used. They're planned for something I didn't get time to finish.

4 hours ago, Rammi said:

Hey all,

My friends and I are currently playing Darkness Falls using a server hosting website. All is fine and game runs perfect expect we noticed that when using the flamethrower from the Scientist skill tree.

We are setting ourselves on fire when we use this weapon and killing ourselves. Zombies too but mostly ourselves. Any fix for this? Is there a server setting we can tweak?

Thanks!

Stand well back while using it? 😛

1 hour ago, Moldy Bread said:

Are arrows supposed to take so horrifically long to smelt? And why can't I collect them?

There is no smelting, so not sure what you're talking about there.

And because I turned it off.

46 minutes ago, Twistediron said:

Think there is an issue with making black dye it is asking me for empty water jars with paint and oil . But all i can find is empty jars.  Is there a typo in the recipe?

20220306120704_1.jpg

That needs to be removed. I use the red/blue/yellow combine to make it.

EDIT: I Just checked the recipes XML and it doesn't exist. In fact, you have a lot of extra dyes there, so it's not a DF problem.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

On 3/5/2022 at 5:05 PM, Falaffel said:

(Deutsch unten, German below)

I finished a first  draft of the German localization (for the current 4.02beta):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQBBtDRQlDYcNvfZmQUZh2WSlNc2Xpgl/view?usp=sharing

To use: Download, open Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\, backup/rename the original Localization.txt, copy the downloaded textfile as new Localization.txt. Enjoy a German DF!

This is just a fan's work, can be full of errors.

---German---

Unter dem Link oben findest du einen ersten Entwurf meiner privaten deutschen Übersetzungen für die aktuelle 4.02 Beta.

Zur Nutzung herunterladen, den Unterordner Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\ öffnen, darin die Datei Localization.txt sichern/umbenennen, die heruntergeladene Datei als neue Datei Localization.txt dahin kopieren. Hab Spaß mit deinem deutschsprachigen DF!

Das ist reine Arbeit eines Fans, kann also jede Menge Fehler enthalten. ;)

Made a modlet out of this for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1qGMuHR3R1v1O3FFT6LxeqYzHx6ioBn/view?usp=sharing

Obviously I can't test because my machine isn't in german, but it doesn't crash the game... so... I guess that's a good sign? :D

If it works, feel free to mirror the download and distribute. Just thought i'd help out to make install easier.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:48 AM, Chivalric said:

有人介意试着加入我的专用服务器吗?我只是想看看人们是否能加入,我对文件做了一些进一步的修改。游戏名是黑暗降临4.01 VSmall 20.3。

如果它不工作,这很好,日志应该让我知道,即使它失败了。

How should foreign countries enter your server to play games?

59 minutes ago, Rammi said:

I managed to do a work around! I did some editing in the config files of darkness falls and removed human as an acceptable tag for the burning debuff. No more catching ourselves on fire!

Thanks though!

That works.

FYI it is on my "Look into it at some point" list

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Made a modlet out of this for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1qGMuHR3R1v1O3FFT6LxeqYzHx6ioBn/view?usp=sharing

Obviously I can't test because my machine isn't in german, but it doesn't crash the game... so... I guess that's a good sign? :D

If it works, feel free to mirror the download and distribute. Just thought i'd help out to make install easier.

Thanks, Sir! One more step to world domination! ;)

And I use it already, and most texts seem correct (maybe some minor stuff, eg coilsslug and coilshell have the same translation, IIRC).

18 minutes ago, Varzii said:

Is the accelerated healing perk not working?  I have 5/5 in it and am not healing when injured in combat.  Do you have to be reduced below half health for it to kick in maybe?

Yep, kicks in at lower than 50% health. I'm considering adjusting that to 65 or 70%

Hello KhaineGB,

I want to start out by saying thanks for all of the hard work, as a modder in other games I understand the commitment involved.

We are having an issue with player damage. Our server is set to No Killing, which I assume by the options would mean that we don't damage other players, but we still are. Am I correct in my assumptions and is this controlled by the mod, or do I need to contact the game devs/my hosting?

Hi,

playing again since 19.2

and just saw these scary mutated spider. First i though what octupus are crawling at the land/roof (saw it first at the school endroom roof).

Very nice work ! 🙂

Playing on the DF-VSmall noCP map.

I notice alot of backpack at the ice biome, they sprout like mushroom at some area's. No interaction possible, 1000 HP and don't drop anything if you destroy them.

Just doing missions for a scout, got faction 13 and could get anther trader route 1 from him.

But the bug is, i could accept the mission mulitple (maybe infinity) times all to the same trader.

Edit: ok notice now it is the quest to Razor.

Followup quest from Razor to get some supplies, you don't have a marker back to the trader (Razor) once you pickup the supplies.

Edit: ok, notice at the follow up of these, you can turnin at any trader, thats why you don't get a marker.

I play at german this time, and notice the pocket mod's use the translation for pocket mod for armor, but they can only be installed on clothings.

I found these extra german translation modlet, maybe these change it, need to restart first.

I got mission to pickup stuff from the DF Research Lab.

I don't think this should happen, that POI should be excluded from the possible mission list.

Or maybe you add them, so people can loot multiple times that research lab ?

Don't you think the bladed weapon got a too high attack's/min ?

Currently i think they are way to fast. Faster then knuckel at the vanilla game.

I add the NiCd battery as mod and can stun a whole horde with it.

And then the Laser sword is so slow compared to the machete.

What do you think to add another challenge "Science strike back" where scientist and the protective suit guy's appear ?

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

On 2/26/2022 at 12:36 AM, BarryTGash said:

There is a vehicle in Bdub's vehicles, that comes with DF for A20. It's called the Willy Jeep (vehicleWillyJeep) - with a super charger mod  it seems to be very good at running over trees, boulders, fences and cars (boom!). Can make for some dramatic entrances in to weaker POIs. You might be able to reverse engineer it by going through the xmls.

I am still back in A19.5b60+DF3.4+S0.944 land.

Willy vs Marauder.

Spoiler

Took a look at willy, and found tiltThreshold. Was 50 for the Marauder, 3 for willy. Tried 3.

I think the result was much more see-saw of the rear axle and a feeling of lightness. Too light, so I tried 20 and seems to 'feel' right.

Willy has 6000 for motorTorqueMaxQ, Marauder had 5000, it got bumped, cos does not like a bit more torque?

Auto Reload not working as expected whilst aiming.

Spoiler

The issue with aim and some guns is this;

1 Aim and keep firing , the gun does not reload itself after trying to fire with no bullets left in the clip (plenty of bullets in inventory),

2 Aim and fire any number of times, press R to reload, nothing happens, however if you stop aiming the gun reloads itself.

Try as I might I cannot work out what is keeping the gun in aim and stopping the reload sequence.

It fails with these weapons; DFgunPipeRifle, DFgunM4A1, DFgunCoilrifle, DFgunCoilSniper, DFgunLaserRifle.

This issue is with A19.5b60+DF3.4+S0.944.

Has this been resolved in the A20.x era?

Armor bypass/penetration.

Spoiler

I found this;

Spoiler

<passive_effect name="TargetArmor" operation="perc_add" value="-.2" />

on ammoArrowSteelAP.

My assumption is that code means that, the armor value of your target is reduced?

But I am confused by their being no base_set, as I thought perc_add was an percentage increase added onto what ever the value was before reaching that point in the code.

Anyway....I was looking for some kind of hack to allow a weapon to ignore a certain about of armor on the target, to penetrate a single target in armor slightly better than you would expect, i.e. do more damage because some of the armor is ignored.

I this a reasonable approach ? in terms of how to slip the knife in?

Or would you suggest looking at an alternative method, bearing in mind I am playing in a time warp :)A19.5b60+DF3.4+S0.944.

4 hours ago, Moldy Bread said:

How do you re-enable arrow collecting? It doesn't make much sense not to be able to collect them.

<property name="IsSticky" value="false"/> has to be changed to <property name="IsSticky" value="true"/>

Ammo is so plentiful that I end up almost never using them myself, but there you go. Not sure if that'll mess up something in the mod, as I'm not testing it.

On an unrelated note, I modified the powerblow item mod to be used by the ranged turret as well, and oh dear god it's hilarious (and a bit broken). Sends everything it shoots sailing through the air. xD

9 hours ago, Nuggzy said:

Hello KhaineGB,

I want to start out by saying thanks for all of the hard work, as a modder in other games I understand the commitment involved.

We are having an issue with player damage. Our server is set to No Killing, which I assume by the options would mean that we don't damage other players, but we still are. Am I correct in my assumptions and is this controlled by the mod, or do I need to contact the game devs/my hosting?

I haven't messed with that so i'd make absolutely sure your server settings are correct.

8 hours ago, Canute said:

Hi,

playing again since 19.2

and just saw these scary mutated spider. First i though what octupus are crawling at the land/roof (saw it first at the school endroom roof).

Very nice work ! 🙂

Playing on the DF-VSmall noCP map.

I notice alot of backpack at the ice biome, they sprout like mushroom at some area's. No interaction possible, 1000 HP and don't drop anything if you destroy them.

Just doing missions for a scout, got faction 13 and could get anther trader route 1 from him.

But the bug is, i could accept the mission mulitple (maybe infinity) times all to the same trader.

Edit: ok notice now it is the quest to Razor.

Followup quest from Razor to get some supplies, you don't have a marker back to the trader (Razor) once you pickup the supplies.

Edit: ok, notice at the follow up of these, you can turnin at any trader, thats why you don't get a marker.

I play at german this time, and notice the pocket mod's use the translation for pocket mod for armor, but they can only be installed on clothings.

I found these extra german translation modlet, maybe these change it, need to restart first.

I got mission to pickup stuff from the DF Research Lab.

I don't think this should happen, that POI should be excluded from the possible mission list.

Or maybe you add them, so people can loot multiple times that research lab ?

Don't you think the bladed weapon got a too high attack's/min ?

Currently i think they are way to fast. Faster then knuckel at the vanilla game.

I add the NiCd battery as mod and can stun a whole horde with it.

And then the Laser sword is so slow compared to the machete.

What do you think to add another challenge "Science strike back" where scientist and the protective suit guy's appear ?

The razor thing is known. I don't want to mess with fixing it right now as it can cause player resets. So, enjoy the free ammo? ;)

The marker i've been trying to fix and haven't been able to.

The german translation is not mine.

The mission to the lab was intentional but will be removed later.

No, I don't think blade is too fast, since a lot of people still think blunt is better due to stun/knockdown. They needed something to be competitive.

7 hours ago, Nuggzy said:

I want to change the 7 day set time to a wandering horde. I see talk of a wandering horde modlet that works with DF but I can't seam to find a link anywhere. Is there one for 4.01 and where do I find it?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/724696325714739220/924389053162455040/3-DarknessFalls-WanderingHordePatch.zip

6 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I am still back in A19.5b60+DF3.4+S0.944 land.

Willy vs Marauder.

Reveal hidden contents

Took a look at willy, and found tiltThreshold. Was 50 for the Marauder, 3 for willy. Tried 3.

I think the result was much more see-saw of the rear axle and a feeling of lightness. Too light, so I tried 20 and seems to 'feel' right.

Willy has 6000 for motorTorqueMaxQ, Marauder had 5000, it got bumped, cos does not like a bit more torque?

Auto Reload not working as expected whilst aiming.

Hide contents

The issue with aim and some guns is this;

1 Aim and keep firing , the gun does not reload itself after trying to fire with no bullets left in the clip (plenty of bullets in inventory),

2 Aim and fire any number of times, press R to reload, nothing happens, however if you stop aiming the gun reloads itself.

Try as I might I cannot work out what is keeping the gun in aim and stopping the reload sequence.

It fails with these weapons; DFgunPipeRifle, DFgunM4A1, DFgunCoilrifle, DFgunCoilSniper, DFgunLaserRifle.

This issue is with A19.5b60+DF3.4+S0.944.

Has this been resolved in the A20.x era?

Armor bypass/penetration.

Reveal hidden contents

I found this;

Reveal hidden contents

<passive_effect name="TargetArmor" operation="perc_add" value="-.2" />

on ammoArrowSteelAP.

My assumption is that code means that, the armor value of your target is reduced?

But I am confused by their being no base_set, as I thought perc_add was an percentage increase added onto what ever the value was before reaching that point in the code.

Anyway....I was looking for some kind of hack to allow a weapon to ignore a certain about of armor on the target, to penetrate a single target in armor slightly better than you would expect, i.e. do more damage because some of the armor is ignored.

I this a reasonable approach ? in terms of how to slip the knife in?

Or would you suggest looking at an alternative method, bearing in mind I am playing in a time warp :)A19.5b60+DF3.4+S0.944.

Bdubs has nothing to do with me.

No that has not been resolved with the guns because the only option is to turn autoreload off, which people did not want.

5 hours ago, Moldy Bread said:

How do you re-enable arrow collecting? It doesn't make much sense not to be able to collect them.

You don't. It's turned off for a reason. The reason being it looks like you shot something with an office building (no, i'm not kidding)

You do realise arrow retrieval was NEVER A THING prior to A17, right? It's not like it's hard to make arrows.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Thanks for the quick response. The pvp thing is actually working now, not sure what was up with it the other day, the server has always been set to no killing. Thanks for the link to the wandering horde, hopefully it will help me with a little change I want to make. There should be an option to lower or shut off the permanent wellness penalty during the normal Blood Moon event.