Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

I may have failed to explain myself correctly.

To be clear, I am talking about the thing that you see moving when you poke something with the spear.

As mentioned the icon color is one thing, what I am after is the stuff you see in the main screen.

I have not been able to locate in the xml where a color is applied to that.

So am I. Look again 😛

1 hour ago, Voras said:

Hello,

I notice that wit power tools I do not getting mining skill. This is only for me?

I assume you mean the auger? Cos I know that's been working

Still seeing the name "zombie stripper" appearing on cowboy/football player models (reasonably sure that wasn't intentional, but if so pls disregard)

Also still seeing quite a bit of lag inside allot of poi's in my starter town (seems to happen mainly in the "business" poi's as opposed to homes). Seems to happen most often when i'm inside the building and a group of wanderer's starts coming for me. I think it's improved since the base 4.0 release, but still noticeable.

Also still seeing quite a bit of over-stuffed WS loot crates, even in early days w/o any loot-enhancement perks / looter gog's. 

3 minutes ago, wolfarus said:

Still seeing the name "zombie stripper" appearing on cowboy/football player models (reasonably sure that wasn't intentional, but if so pls disregard)

Also still seeing quite a bit of lag inside allot of poi's in my starter town (seems to happen mainly in the "business" poi's as opposed to homes). Seems to happen most often when i'm inside the building and a group of wanderer's starts coming for me. I think it's improved since the base 4.0 release, but still noticeable.

Also still seeing quite a bit of over-stuffed WS loot crates, even in early days w/o any loot-enhancement perks / looter gog's. 

No, this was intentional. TFP have deleted them from the vanilla game, but Khane gave them another life in the DF

18 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

So am I. Look again 😛

I assume you mean the auger? Cos I know that's been working

Yes, I mean auger. Could my modifications affect it not working?

Could you explain how action skills getting levels(how it works)? I will try to fix it.

7 hours ago, wolfarus said:

1) Intended
2) Probably from all the zombies around.
3) Potentially fixed.

37 minutes ago, Voras said:

Yes, I mean auger. Could my modifications affect it not working?

Could you explain how action skills getting levels(how it works)? I will try to fix it.

I'll have to test again but it was definitely working for me.

Hi, I've upgraded skill "Blade Master" from level 1 to level 3 and ever since I hit anything wooden with chainsaw (I tried normal chainsaw and Ash's chainsaw), I get bleeding (which is also not curable by bandage - it looks like it is when you use bandage, but HP is still getting reduced.)

I assume this is caused by level 2 "Blade Master" which says "Primary attacks are guaranteed to cause bleeding on your target".

is this issue reproducable/known?

In localization.txt line 3423 the text reads " In your inventory you can scrap many looted and harvested items down to their base material to save space.\nWhen scrapping items you lose 25% of the material but you can also smelt brass or iron items in a forge to get the full value." That's wrong or is there a way to smelt ressources in a forge?

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

4 hours ago, skytzi said:

Hi, I've upgraded skill "Blade Master" from level 1 to level 3 and ever since I hit anything wooden with chainsaw (I tried normal chainsaw and Ash's chainsaw), I get bleeding (which is also not curable by bandage - it looks like it is when you use bandage, but HP is still getting reduced.)

I assume this is caused by level 2 "Blade Master" which says "Primary attacks are guaranteed to cause bleeding on your target".

is this issue reproducable/known?

Haven't attempted to reproduce it because I don't use a chainsaw as a weapon.

Put a potential fix in.

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

In localization.txt line 3423 the text reads " In your inventory you can scrap many looted and harvested items down to their base material to save space.\nWhen scrapping items you lose 25% of the material but you can also smelt brass or iron items in a forge to get the full value." That's wrong or is there a way to smelt ressources in a forge?

That's vanilla localization.

2 minutes ago, ThePetraitis said:

Hello everyone! I need some help.
I am not sure this should be happening but you correct me if I am wrong 😕

https://medal.tv/games/7-days-to-die/clips/daKs4YesYjZyZ/d1337BL66GDe?invite=cr-MSxWQ3EsNTI0OTA1Njks

I think they should react to me, no?

Not always, no. Some sleepers don't react to sight/noise events. It's just rare

And the trader in white river says "I don't trust you, go see scout first". I have to explore till I find the scout? Because I've done my starter quests and that and I don't know wheter I just go and prepare for the first horde or I look for this scout? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, ThePetraitis said:

And the trader in white river says "I don't trust you, go see scout first". I have to explore till I find the scout? Because I've done my starter quests and that and I don't know wheter I just go and prepare for the first horde or I look for this scout? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The scouts in question are located with all the "normal" traders that you buy and sell from. You start with them until they give you the quest to go see Razor, and so on.

1 hour ago, ThePetraitis said:

Try looking at the NAMES of the traders.

You don't have to go find the scout at all. She's right under your nose... if you READ. ;)

I might be wrong but i thought Khaine said the super scary mutant spiders would only spawn in the wasteland at night?  I found one as a sleeper in the t4 school poi in the forest biome although it was at night.  This was around day 37ish.

I am curious about stealth.  I know its much worse in A20 than A19 but i have all 10 pts in the stealth skills and still wake almost everything up.  Sometimes they wake up before i even enter the poi.  Not wearing heavy armor but military armor with the noise reduction mods in each piece.  Just curious if stealth is a complete waste of time now.  Also is titanium armor considered heavy armor? I am guessing it is because the noise penalties are so high.  Thanks!

(Deutsch unten, German below)

I finished a first  draft of the German localization (for the current 4.02beta):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQBBtDRQlDYcNvfZmQUZh2WSlNc2Xpgl/view?usp=sharing

To use: Download, open Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\, backup/rename the original Localization.txt, copy the downloaded textfile as new Localization.txt. Enjoy a German DF!

This is just a fan's work, can be full of errors.

---German---

Unter dem Link oben findest du einen ersten Entwurf meiner privaten deutschen Übersetzungen für die aktuelle 4.02 Beta.

Zur Nutzung herunterladen, den Unterordner Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\ öffnen, darin die Datei Localization.txt sichern/umbenennen, die heruntergeladene Datei als neue Datei Localization.txt dahin kopieren. Hab Spaß mit deinem deutschsprachigen DF!

Das ist reine Arbeit eines Fans, kann also jede Menge Fehler enthalten. ;)

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Try looking at the NAMES of the traders.

You don't have to go find the scout at all. She's right under your nose... if you READ. ;)

But I've got only one trader in this settlement???

I play on a random gen world as well

And it is only the razor in it as well. Thats where the first quest led me to. To a place where i can only find razor in it..

Edited by ThePetraitis (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Varzii said:

I might be wrong but i thought Khaine said the super scary mutant spiders would only spawn in the wasteland at night?  I found one as a sleeper in the t4 school poi in the forest biome although it was at night.  This was around day 37ish.

I am curious about stealth.  I know its much worse in A20 than A19 but i have all 10 pts in the stealth skills and still wake almost everything up.  Sometimes they wake up before i even enter the poi.  Not wearing heavy armor but military armor with the noise reduction mods in each piece.  Just curious if stealth is a complete waste of time now.  Also is titanium armor considered heavy armor? I am guessing it is because the noise penalties are so high.  Thanks!

It's not supposed to be a sleeper, so thank you, i'll check that.

I'm working on stealth. I'm gonna need to tweak POI's to make it viable due to something TFP changed. Titanium armor is basically heavy armor (for protection) with stats similar to light (like noise/mobility)

7 minutes ago, ThePetraitis said:

But I've got only one trader in this settlement???

I play on a random gen world as well

There's definitely more than 1. Look around.

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Loving the start of JaWoodle's new play-through with the BIG city and no traders map that Khaine made :)

Any chance of getting this as a map option for DF? 

I've removed traders from my RWG before and that changed things up, but what's the appeal of a bigger map? Just seems more tedious to get from place to place. I'm not really one to explore beyond certain POI's to advance though.

(a20.2 + df4.0)

Took down a DF lab today. After looting the portal remains I found six black key cards (portal power packs, or something like that).

When I went back to Anne, she just gave me the same quest again. I had the cards in my inventory at the time, thinking they might unlock a new quest.

Have not yet tried going to Eve with the cards. I think my character is about level 140 now (still need a few levels to unlock future tech 5 for laser carbines).

Are these black cards used for anything special? If so, I need a hint on what to do with them.

Hello,

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. I just purchased a server off ServerBlend and I read somewhere that I have to use certain PREGEN worlds for this mod to work for A20? A19 says I could use RWG, but for A20 I must use one of the following:

DFalls-Nevezgane, DFalls-VSmall1-NoCP, DFalls-Small1-NoCP, DFalls-Medium1-NoCP or DFalls-Large1-NoCP. Is that correct?

2. If that's not correct above, I have installed the server side as stated from the mod installer and followed directions to the T. I then installed (manually from your youtube video) to my PC (client side). I launch the game and see me joining etc etc... EAC is off on server and I get into the game, but I spawn in everytime to a death screen and then nothing happens. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you so much!!

EDIT: Friends are able to join the game and spawn in just fine, so it seems to just be me and my "character" - probably just need to delete my character profile from the server files? Going to look into this will post if I fixed it. If I am going down the wrong path by the time you read this and I haven't updated or edit if it's fixed, please guide me down the right path. Thank you!

EDIT EDIT: Issue resolved after I deleted my player profile from the server and rejoined, incase this helps anyone else!

Edited by Vesper (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I've removed traders from my RWG before and that changed things up, but what's the appeal of a bigger map? Just seems more tedious to get from place to place. I'm not really one to explore beyond certain POI's to advance though.

It's that the city is big... not the map itself (think it's a standard 8k).  It's a nice change from the standard maps

Hey all,

My friends and I are currently playing Darkness Falls using a server hosting website. All is fine and game runs perfect expect we noticed that when using the flamethrower from the Scientist skill tree.

We are setting ourselves on fire when we use this weapon and killing ourselves. Zombies too but mostly ourselves. Any fix for this? Is there a server setting we can tweak?

Thanks!