[Unofficial] Bigger Backpack Patch for Starvation Mod

KingRizla

Another bug on started new game then stuck on loading can't get in game.

PwDTI3W.png

https://i.imgur.com/PwDTI3W.png

0umwrdQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/0umwrdQ.png

did u follow the steps carefully? i have played on it now for about 15 hours, on 3 different single player games, and this is with breaks where the game has been shutdown and reopened when i wanted to play again, and i have not encountered this error once :S

CHEST_zpsogzwjnfz.png

CHESTERROR_zpssft4om24.png

Saved Game day 30ish,

Bottom right 4 slots missing when opened a chest, error pop up.

Could close inv and reopen but could not close chest, game frozen on open chest but open/close inv, sounds/music still working. Going to try a fresh game.

this has made my day :D i am sorry that u are having difficulties, but that post just made me crack up completely xD it was the same for me first time xD

Happy to made you laugh :)

But it WORKS!!!!!!

7dtd.thumb.jpg.90541879c8c0a26fd7b46ead1ebccaad.jpg

Screen is still a bit off on the bottom, so need to check this out next :)

Xyth made me see the light that i really don't need to change a lot about the dll files.

So what I did was changed the Csharps of starvation ( client and server) by the post of TheFuseGamer https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?66410-TUTORIAL-Make-your-own-bigger-backpack-mod So only the values to 60.

Then I used your window and loot.xml and copied them to the server and my own client as instructed in your tutorial.

And thanks to the mod of stallionsden https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72974-Backpack-expansion-a16-onwards I added the changes for styles and controls.xml as he mentioned in his tutorial.

So far so good :)

So thanks to all of you guys for the great support and mods !

Happy to made you laugh :)

But it WORKS!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23229[/ATTACH]

Screen is still a bit off on the bottom, so need to check this out next :)

Xyth made me see the light that i really don't need to change a lot about the dll files.

So what I did was changed the Csharps of starvation ( client and server) by the post of TheFuseGamer https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?66410-TUTORIAL-Make-your-own-bigger-backpack-mod So only the values to 60.

Then I used your window and loot.xml and copied them to the server and my own client as instructed in your tutorial.

And thanks to the mod of stallionsden https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72974-Backpack-expansion-a16-onwards I added the changes for styles and controls.xml as he mentioned in his tutorial.

So far so good :)

So thanks to all of you guys for the great support and mods !

hmmm, a bit to soon my minute of joy, seems it saves only the 32 items and not all 60 when quiting :(

CHEST_zpsogzwjnfz.png

Saved Game day 30ish,

Could close inv and reopen but could not close chest, game frozen on open chest but open/close inv, sounds/music still working. Going to try a fresh game.

Hmm that is strange, ive tested all the chests and safe's on mine and it all work fine, but yea try doing a fresh install and see if that helps :)

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm, a bit to soon my minute of joy, seems it saves only the 32 items and not all 60 when quiting :(

nice great to see that ur making major progress :) now about the issue where it only saves the 32slots, i have no idea to be honest, maybe stallionsden canpoint u in a way to fix it :)

So I started a new game and all seems to be working well. Containers have all slots, made a chest and all is working fine. Placed a piece of wood in all 60slots and closed the game, restarted game and all wood still there.

Lookin good for starting a new game but continuing saved games isn't working for me.

You might want to try and look into the saved game issue considering that once another Starvation update is available you may have to revisit anyway.

I'm enjoying the new play through either way, Thx!!

nice great to see that ur making major progress :) now about the issue where it only saves the 32slots, i have no idea to be honest, maybe stallionsden canpoint u in a way to fix it :)

fixed it, apperently forgot the disable refresh mod in launcher so my dll file was overwriten again with 32 value. :)

There is actually 6 spots you need to edit in the dll for the bigger backpack. 3 in bag and 3 in playerdatafile in the read section.

Same for dedi.

If your using my dll for a server and this 1 for single you will have issues as my dll does not contain starvation. Starvation would also overwrite mine if you did it that way.

You will need to do the exact same edits to the dedi dll as the so dll

There is actually 6 spots you need to edit in the dll for the bigger backpack. 3 in bag and 3 in playerdatafile in the read section.

Same for dedi.

If your using my dll for a server and this 1 for single you will have issues as my dll does not contain starvation. Starvation would also overwrite mine if you did it that way.

You will need to do the exact same edits to the dedi dll as the so dll

Thats correct, that was the problem before when my server didn't initialized.

So took the dll's from starvation to edit it, but in the playerdatafile there is at the bottom another ldc.i4.s where the operand is also 32. (line 563) maybe its a new line from 16.4......

but save problem is solved with disabeling refresh mod, and just did a suicide and when retrieving my bag all was still in their. so seems to work.

Only the position need some tuning. so going to have a look in their... another day of figuring out I think

did u follow the steps carefully? i have played on it now for about 15 hours, on 3 different single player games, and this is with breaks where the game has been shutdown and reopened when i wanted to play again, and i have not encountered this error once :S

I already follow the steps, I have Starvation Mod with bigger backpack is not worked well many bug, I been start new game singleplayer still stuck loading screen with Loading UI, I have reinstalled fresh Starvation Mod both worked fine loaded saved games & new games.

I not recommended this mods too many bugs.

CHEST_zpsogzwjnfz.png

Saved Game day 30ish,

you must have done something wrong, or the file might have gotten corrupted somehowm, here is a picture of me ingame in the chest without any error

https://gyazo.com/4d39efd0116611ed1bb3ae1473074d06

- - - Updated - - -

I already follow the steps, I have Starvation Mod with bigger backpack is not worked well many bug, I been start new game singleplayer still stuck loading screen with Loading UI, I have reinstalled fresh Starvation Mod both worked fine loaded saved games & new games.

and you must really have done something wrong for it to mess up that bad. here is picture of me ingame no issues

https://gyazo.com/7f460f02bb93a5f394efe77b9d90e087

make sure to follow each step, one by one and make sure to do it correctly.

I don't find it fair mate that you don't recommend this mod as for other players it seems to work fine. I even made it work on my dedicated server with KingRizla his files and it's working without any bugs

NEWCHEST_zpsn3gkvhwd.png

Player made chest is still bugged.

What is the bug, as I have no issue with made storage chests so far

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23232[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23233[/ATTACH]

Ok maybe I'm wrong but I thought vanilla player chests had 72 slots.

the inventory of storage boxes, storage chest, and gunsafes, have been changed to be slightly smaller then normal, this is because of errors i keept getting when they was in normal size, but i think this is something i personally can live with (i can always jsut make another chest)

also just quick question, the game u was playing, was that a save game u had from before installing this patch or was that one u made after installing the patch? because i did state in th OP that i think it will cause issues if u try it on a savegame where this patch was not installed.

Ok, i guess I missed that in the description. I appreciate the progress you've made and shared. I was only sharing my xp in case of it being a bug.

and i am happy that u do :) nothing is wrong with askign questions ;) hope u get it to work for you so you can have just as great a game experience as i am having personaly atm :D

the inventory of storage boxes, storage chest, and gunsafes, have been changed to be slightly smaller then normal, this is because of errors i keept getting when they was in normal size, but i think this is something i personally can live with (i can always jsut make another chest)

also just quick question, the game u was playing, was that a save game u had from before installing this patch or was that one u made after installing the patch? because i did state in th OP that i think it will cause issues if u try it on a savegame where this patch was not installed.

Yes, the picture above that shows some of the bottom right slots missing was from a Saved game before you made patch.

New games work well.

Yes, the picture above that shows some of the bottom right slots missing was from a Saved game before you made patch.

New games work well.

yea i thought that might have been the case, the best way i can describe why it wont work on a pre patch save game is this, the edits ive done changes the inv of certain stuff like the chest and the backpack and all that, and when u load up a game without the patch the game saves all the information about the block around it and what is in them, so when u then install the patch and open the old savegame, then the game cant figure out no more what is what, so it will try and show a mix of the old and the new inv. wich leads to the index out of range error.

• 3 months later...

Guys i installed this dll and all work correctly but.

1. If i disconnect from server my inventory is saved (all slots).

2. If i been kicked from server, i lose all items in slots except default 32.

3. If i close game used Alt + F4, i lose all items in slots except default 32.

I tried to use common extended backpack on clear game client but it works bad too.

• 2 weeks later...

Trouble with treasurer chests

So, I found a problem that I be-leave is related to the bigger backpack. I know that you had to change the container sizes for about everything but did you manage to do that to treasure chests? I opened two different ones and each time the capacity count was odd and it would crash my game. Pls help!!

• 5 months later...
So, I found a problem that I be-leave is related to the bigger backpack. I know that you had to change the container sizes for about everything but did you manage to do that to treasure chests? I opened two different ones and each time the capacity count was odd and it would crash my game. Pls help!!

Hi Bob, i am sorry to hear that u had some issues playing the game with my BBM addition, i have been away from the 7d2d community for a while so i have not been on to see the replies on the forums. i am sad to say that i no longer update nor have any plans on updating the mod in the future, but i hoped that the people who made use of my mod had a good time doing so.

again sorry for the very late reply to your questions. -KingRizla

Archived