[Unofficial] Bigger Backpack Patch for Starvation Mod

KingRizla

That is correct. We have already encountered people reporting bugs that have attempted to use BPP modifications, and it is already adversely impacting the development team. With all the frequent changes made to the custom code, it is very unlikely that this mod or any similar mod will work error free with Starvation once the player gets to the point where the custom code begins impacting the UI. Players need to understand that using any modifications to Starvation introduces very high risk risk of a game breaking bug developing at some point.

ah yea i can understand how that is a pain :( but xyth could u do me a huge favor, could u look throu the OP and trell me if i need to change anything or add more info about the risk of modding the game?

I'd strongly suggest moving your warning from the bottom to the top of your OP. Otherwise TLDR.

will do that now, ty :)

re-edit

how does it look now? is that acceptable :)

also on a sidenote, do u know how i can change the thread name to be the same as the OP title?

Hey KingRizla

just checked your code, and in the loot.xml I found you changed the following code:

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="5,12" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

the size, doesn't need it to be bigger as said in the thread by stallionsden ?

to match your backpack amount of slots + toolbelt size + clothing slots. Example 200 slot BP + 8 slot TB + 10 slot clothing =218 loot.xml needs to look similar to = 20 x 11

so shouldn't it be 60 slots + 8 slots TB + 10 Slots clothing = 78 , so loot.xml should be size 8,12 ??

just a question, not attacking on anything :)

Gr Crash

Hey KingRizla

just checked your code, and in the loot.xml I found you changed the following code:

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="5,12" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

the size, doesn't need it to be bigger as said in the thread by stallionsden ?

to match your backpack amount of slots + toolbelt size + clothing slots. Example 200 slot BP + 8 slot TB + 10 slot clothing =218 loot.xml needs to look similar to = 20 x 11

so shouldn't it be 60 slots + 8 slots TB + 10 Slots clothing = 78 , so loot.xml should be size 8,12 ??

just a question, not attacking on anything :)

Gr Crash

Very well noticed Crash ;) as i stated in th OP the deathback pack got some issues when it is set to more than 5,12, and this is why i say that a requirement of the player is to make sure he is playing with "drop backpack only" on death, i have done this to make sure that all player inv slots from the backpack can fit in the death bag, but it is true what u say, it should actually have been 6,13 to adjust it to 78 slots, but this will have to do, as far as i can see on my own single player it works great as long as im playing with "drop backpack only" :)

i didn take it as a attack :) the only way to be sure is to ask right? so no harm in doing just that :D

Very well noticed Crash ;) as i stated in th OP the deathback pack got some issues when it is set to more than 5,12, and this is why i say that a requirement of the player is to make sure he is playing with "drop backpack only" on death, i have done this to make sure that all player inv slots from the backpack can fit in the death bag, but it is true what u say, it should actually have been 6,13 to adjust it to 78 slots, but this will have to do, as far as i can see on my own single player it works great as long as im playing with "drop backpack only" :)

i didn take it as a attack :) the only way to be sure is to ask right? so no harm in doing just that :D

ah, should have read it better :)

Maybe that is what crashed my server. Going to test it out.

Thanks for the great work!

Hope you get it done !!!

Is this only for sp or can this also be used for a dedicated server.

tried this also just by reading the instructions of stallionsden and the result was a dead dedicated server :p

I hope to see an update soon with a download link

Gz

What do you mean dead dedi server lol

will do that now, ty :)

re-edit

how does it look now? is that acceptable :)

also on a sidenote, do u know how i can change the thread name to be the same as the OP title?

Report your own thread lol. Bottom left corner lil triangle do dad thing..... request a moderator to change name to what ever you like...

What do you mean dead dedi server lol

Oh lol, no worries, prob something I did wrong, not applying to your code.

Think something went wrong with ftp corruption or something, so had to reinstall the game on the server.

Am a noob in coding, had the same issues with arma 2 mods :) took me while to get the hang of it.

Thanks KingRizla for the quick responce, prob didn't read it correctly or didn't made the link of the dead bag prob.

Going to test things further out and will update if I made it work.

Gz Crash

Oh lol, no worries, prob something I did wrong, not applying to your code.

Think something went wrong with ftp corruption or something, so had to reinstall the game on the server.

Am a noob in coding, had the same issues with arma 2 mods :) took me while to get the hang of it.

Thanks KingRizla for the quick responce, prob didn't read it correctly or didn't made the link of the dead bag prob.

Going to test things further out and will update if I made it work.

Gz Crash

Can't get it to work on a dedicated server.

The moment I overwrite the assembly-csharp.dll file with dedicated assembly.dll file from stallions the server is no longer initializing. :(

too bad, cause the slots in starvation are not enough to even loot one floor in a building. I get the survival part, but running every 5 minutes back to base even with a lot of items scraped is taking the fun out for me perssonaly. will check further and testing some stuff out, but so far no luck

Can't get it to work on a dedicated server.

The moment I overwrite the assembly-csharp.dll file with dedicated assembly.dll file from stallions the server is no longer initializing. :(

too bad, cause the slots in starvation are not enough to even loot one floor in a building. I get the survival part, but running every 5 minutes back to base even with a lot of items scraped is taking the fun out for me perssonaly. will check further and testing some stuff out, but so far no luck

I dont think u will get this patch to work for a dedicated server mate, it is primarily for single player. i myself will not try to make it to work for servers as i see that being very tricky. but if u get it to work please let me know :)

King, did you changed something also in the Assembly-CSharp.dll

cause when I see the size of your dll file it is 6935kb

the dll file from stallion is 6582kb of size.

am using your dll file for the local sp but am using the dedicated dll file from stallion, so maybe there is the prob...

King, did you changed something also in the Assembly-CSharp.dll

cause when I see the size of your dll file it is 6935kb

the dll file from stallion is 6582kb of size.

am using your dll file for the local sp but am using the dedicated dll file from stallion, so maybe there is the prob...

all i did in the assembly-csharp.dll was change the values for the backpack to be 60 instead of the original 32 :)

all i did in the assembly-csharp.dll was change the values for the backpack to be 60 instead of the original 32 :)

Ok so the only thing I need to do is find the difference between your csharp file and stallions dedicated csharp file. and that without any knowledge of dll files.

Just downloaded the dotpeek compiler and took a peek, could have downloaded a chinees book and have the same result :)

this is going to be a pain in the ass :)

Ok so the only thing I need to do is find the difference between your csharp file and stallions dedicated csharp file. and that without any knowledge of dll files.

Just downloaded the dotpeek compiler and took a peek, could have downloaded a chinees book and have the same result :)

Editing the server dll is exactly the same as editing the client dll. Change the same 3 instances of 35 to anything under 127 you want and save it.

Editing the server dll is exactly the same as editing the client dll. Change the same 3 instances of 35 to anything under 127 you want and save it.

If I could I would post a photo of myself when reading that comment. Just so you could see my face of oblivion. I know for you guys this is straight forward, but for me its like, say whaaaaat :)

am looking know at 3 sharp filles. Starvation, stallions and kings. the thing I found so far is the public class bag and found the public itemstack getslots part. But there is so much more stuff added at starvation (which is an awesome mod by the way) that I don't want to mess that up. So am trying to figuring out how to combine both.

As I read the comment part of stallion, with adding a new itemstack in control and style.xml, I have a feeling that this is somewhere included in de csharp.dll. So prob need to add that in the csharp file of starvation.... I think... lol

If I could I would post a photo of myself when reading that comment. Just so you could see my face of oblivion. I know for you guys this is straight forward, but for me its like, say whaaaaat :)

am looking know at 3 sharp filles. Starvation, stallions and kings. the thing I found so far is the public class bag and found the public itemstack getslots part. But there is so much more stuff added at starvation (which is an awesome mod by the way) that I don't want to mess that up. So am trying to figuring out how to combine both.

As I read the comment part of stallion, with adding a new itemstack in control and style.xml, I have a feeling that this is somewhere included in de csharp.dll. So prob need to add that in the csharp file of starvation.... I think... lol

Heh. Your overthinking the problem. The only thing done server side is save the inventory of the backpack. It's currently set to save only the first 35 slots. So by following one of several posts in the mod forum, you would use a program like ILspy or DnSpy to manually edit those 3 numbers so more slots get saved. Alternativly, you can skip editing the server dll and just empty your backpack of it's excess inventory before logging off of the server.

Heh. Your overthinking the problem. The only thing done server side is save the inventory of the backpack. It's currently set to save only the first 35 slots. So by following one of several posts in the mod forum, you would use a program like ILspy or DnSpy to manually edit those 3 numbers so more slots get saved. Alternativly, you can skip editing the server dll and just empty your backpack of it's excess inventory before logging off of the server.

aaaah, I see the light on the end of the tunnel. going to try it out, thanks man !!!!

this has made my day :D i am sorry that u are having difficulties, but that post just made me crack up completely xD it was the same for me first time xD

Archived