[Unofficial] Bigger Backpack Patch for Starvation Mod

KingRizla

Starvation Mod BBM Patch

Important Information!

This is not a patch made by the Starvation team this is a unofficial patch made by me for people who want their single player inventory a bit bigger

By installing this onto your Starvation Mod you can no longer send bug reports! (because my files edit some files, so the Starvation Team cannot possible know if a error is caused by their mod/code or if its mine that messes things up)

Any queries or issues, pm me or post in this thread only. Unless you have returned to a pure vanilla starvation mod with no edits/modding to which you still have issues. you then may ask in the starvation mod. However first make sure you have fully removed any edits what so ever. However it is the view of the starvation team that if you have edited their mod it is on the downloader to bear the risks involved as altho this modded version of starvation has been approved by Mortelentus. No support or time will be given for any errors or issues a downloader comes across by using this mod.

After spending 3 days trying to get "Stallionsden's" bigger backpack mod to work with Starvation Mod v16.0.0.26,

i have finally done it :D

So what can u expect to get from this patch?

60 Slot Player Inventory

fully working without overlapping in forge,campfire,big forge, ect.

Requirements

because of how the death backpack is trolling me, you have to play with the option "drop backpack only" in your modded options when starting/continuing a game

i am not 100% sure of this, but i think this will cause issues on a premade game where this patch was not installed, so i suggest that you do a fresh install of starvation mod v16.0.0.26

Install Instructions (Simple and should work every time)

If you allready have installed Starvation mod through the 7D2D mod launcher then you can skip step 1.

step 1. open up 7D2D mod launcher and select Starvation Mod and click install, when the install is done then click play mod and let the game start up a first time and making a new game without the patch to make sure the laucher download correctly and to let the game set up folders, when you have done this then exit the game.

Step 2. locate the directory of starvation mod, this can be found to the left of the "play mod" button on the 7D2D launcher.

Step 3. open the folder named 7DaysToDie_Data, now open managed and replace the assembly-csharp.dll with the one from the patch folder

Step 4. go back to where you just found the 7DaysToDie_Data folder, now open the folder named Data, now open the folder named config, in here you have to replace the loot.xml with the one from the patch folder.

Step 5. in the same folder as step 4, open the folder named Xui (not Xui_Menu), in here you have to replace teh window.xml with the one from the patch folder

Step 6. repeat step 3-5 in the TempMods folder (tempmods folder is located in the same folder as the 7DaysToDie_Data folder

Final Step & then Ready to play: when u have replaced the files then open 7D2D launcher again, once again u select Starvation Mod but this time before clicking "play mod" you make sure that "refresh mods automatically is unchecked (if u enable the refresh mods automatically the launcher will remove the changes you just made) and then you can click "play mod"

So just a quick recap,

make sure you have selected "drop backpack only" in modded option when starting a new game or continuing a game

make sure to follow the steps and place the files in the correct folders

make sure to always uncheck/disable "refresh mods automatically" before clicking "play mod" on the 7D2D launcher

and last but not least to have fun :)

Download ---

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8q7jhecjfau06q/Starvation%20Mod-Unofficial%20BBM%20Patch.rar?dl=0

-KingRizla

Special Thanks Too

Starvation Mod Team

Creators of Starvation Mod for 7D2D

Stallionsden

Creator of Bigger Backpack Mod for 7D2D

okay so i was looking through the blocks.xml to search for the storage box (wood crate looking one ingame) because i could not find it in the loot.xml when searching for it by name, and this is what i found in blocks.xml

<block id="1256" name="cntStorageGeneric">

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player" />

<property name="Shape" value="New" />

<property name="Model" value="cube" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="largeStorageGroupDesc" />

<property name="Class" value="SecureLoot" />

<property name="LootList" value="10" />

<property name="Material" value="wood+wood" />

<property name="Texture" value="572" />

<property name="UseGlobalUV" value="L,L,L,L,L,L" />

<property name="FuelValue" value="300" />

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="wood" value="10" />

</property>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="cntStorageGenericInsecure" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<property name="Group" value="Building" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="6" />

</block>

so i figured that this must be the storage box (wood crate), i saw that it was listed under lootlist id10, so i went back to the loot.xml and searched for id10 and found this

lootcontainer id="10" count="0" size="8,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="cobweb" count="1,2" />

<!-- empty, player crafted storage -->

<item name="cobweb" count="1,2" />

</lootcontainer>

so i changed the 8,9 to 8,7 and that manged to fix the issue with the Storage box (wood crate) and the storage chest, so now only the gunsafe is giving me issues.

in the loot.xml the gunsafe has the id 42, so ive tried changing this to 8,7 to see if it would fix it like with the storage box, but sadly it didnt.

do anyone know if the gun safe reads from 2 seperate lootcontainers? so both from id42 in loot.xml and a generic one like the storage box

I don't have Starvation Mod, so I'm not sure if this was changed but in vanilla, gun safe only uses loot container 42.

One thing to keep in mind is that once you open a loot container in game, it will keep the same size even if you modify it in the XML. The only way to see the new size is to spawn in or find a new loot container. (ie. spawn in a new gun safe in creative)

I don't have Starvation Mod, so I'm not sure if this was changed but in vanilla, gun safe only uses loot container 42.

One thing to keep in mind is that once you open a loot container in game, it will keep the same size even if you modify it in the XML. The only way to see the new size is to spawn in or find a new loot container. (ie. spawn in a new gun safe in creative)

i have tried to make sure to start a new world after every edit in the files, but still after setting the gun sage size to 8,7 (even tried to go as low as 8,4) and the issue was still there, but if i can get this error fixed then all i need is to resize and then it should be ready to release (just gotta make a install instruction so no one should have any issues getting it to work) but before i even think about that i need to get perm from the starvation team to release it as a patch for their modpack

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see this might get done. I've stopped playing starvation due to the backpack size...

alot of people are searching for this (myself included) so i am hoping i can get it to work so people can enjoy their game experience even more :)

Update!

okay so gunsafes are now fixed :) so now i just need to get this resized perfectly and it should be ready to ask for permission to release patch

ReUpdate

just fixed the resize so everything works perfectly now!!!! all i need now is get in contact with starvation team to ask permission to release this patch :D :D :D :D

Lol so you dont need me to get starvation mod and put the backpack on it lol..... you did it yourself :-D. Haha glad you got it working lol it can be a headache at times.

haha check ur PM ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Update!

okay so gunsafes are now fixed :) so now i just need to get this resized perfectly and it should be ready to ask for permission to release patch

ReUpdate

just fixed the resize so everything works perfectly now!!!! all i need now is get in contact with starvation team to ask permission to release this patch :D :D :D :D

ReReUpdate

it seems like there is now a issue with the dropped death bag, it is the same as with the gun safe and the storagebox so i am sure i will be able to fix it in hopefully not so long time

haha check ur PM ;)

- - - Updated - - -

ReReUpdate

it seems like there is now a issue with the dropped death bag, it is the same as with the gun safe and the storagebox so i am sure i will be able to fix it in hopefully not so long time

so i looked through loot.xml again and it looks like this:

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="6,13" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="cobweb" count="1,2" prob="0.01" />

<!-- player dropped backpacks -->

</lootcontainer>

so that should be correct, we have our 60backpack slots +10 clothes +8 toolbelt = 78 (size 6,13) but ingame it only shows 6,10 and gives me the index out of range error again just like with the storage box and the gun safe :S

It might be choking on the value higher than 10 for one of the container arrays. Maybe try something like size 8,10.

i have found a solution to it, but it means that people will have to play with "drop backpack only" in game option.

but other then that then it works perfectly, have been playing with it on starvation mod now for a couple of hours and it has made it so much better for me personaly

you can always comment out the drop back pack in entityclasses.xml in the player section so you drop nothing lol

haha i know u play with delete everything on death, but thats is just to hardcore for me with starvation mod ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Update!

Everything is now ready for release, all i need now is just the permission from starvation team and i can upload the download link for the patch

Start Post have been updated with install instructions, and a little info.

This is absolutely killing me. I have a sneaky suspicion they aren't to give you permission. I just took a look at stallionsden mod to see if maybe I could figure this out...... lol , nope. My hats off to you guys who can do this sort of thing . Looking over stallionsden instructions is like staring at a tablet of ancient sand script

This is absolutely killing me. I have a sneaky suspicion they aren't to give you permission. I just took a look at stallionsden mod to see if maybe I could figure this out...... lol , nope. My hats off to you guys who can do this sort of thing . Looking over stallionsden instructions is like staring at a tablet of ancient sand script

we just have to wait and see, i honestly dont think they will not allow me to release it but there is a small chance that they might not,

i am not at all one of the smart guys on this i have basically just tried my way to get it to work ;)

Haha lol yeh it takes a bit to understand. But the info there has been a cumulative list from several people to make it more fluent and more set. As opposed to the mess it was at the start

As I said before, I consider it a honor that people want to mod our mod :)As long as there are not "Stervation" releases I'm good with it.

What is VERY IMPORTANT for users to understand, is that we cannot offer any kind of help or support for things that break by modifying things. We will end up adding backpack extensions or something similar at some point, and it may conflict with this... Not to mention other things that may break by modding a mod like Starvation.

It will be a bitch to know what is caused by us or by mods like this... You guys NEED to remember that starvation not only mods XML, but it modifies dlls to a good extent...

So please, PLEASE PLEASE: if you have a bug to report MAKE SURE YOU'RE RUNNING "STANDARD STARVATION". Otherwise, things will get chaotic. If you wanna help us improve the mod, play standard version. IF you just wanna play, do whatever you want, on your PRIVATE copy, but do NOT provide bug reports.

So please, add this request to your op.

As I said before, I consider it a honor that people want to mod our mod :)As long as there are not "Stervation" releases I'm good with it.

What is VERY IMPORTANT for users to understand, is that we cannot offer any kind of help or support for things that break by modifying things. We will end up adding backpack extensions or something similar at some point, and it may conflict with this... Not to mention other things that may break by modding a mod like Starvation.

It will be a bitch to know what is caused by us or by mods like this... You guys NEED to remember that starvation not only mods XML, but it modifies dlls to a good extent...

So please, PLEASE PLEASE: if you have a bug to report MAKE SURE YOU'RE RUNNING "STANDARD STARVATION". Otherwise, things will get chaotic. If you wanna help us improve the mod, play standard version. IF you just wanna play, do whatever you want, on your PRIVATE copy, but do NOT provide bug reports.

So please, add this request to your op.

okay morte, they way i understand your reply is that i am okay to release this as long as i make sure to tell people in the OP, that this patch is a unofficial patch meaning that it did not come from the developers of starvation mod, and that by modding their starvation game with these files, they no longer have bug report support?, i will re-edit the op and put in the extra info and add a dl link here in a bit then :) ty very much

That is correct. We have already encountered people reporting bugs that have attempted to use BPP modifications, and it is already adversely impacting the development team. With all the frequent changes made to the custom code, it is very unlikely that this mod or any similar mod will work error free with Starvation once the player gets to the point where the custom code begins impacting the UI. Players need to understand that using any modifications to Starvation introduces very high risk risk of a game breaking bug developing at some point.

Archived