A16 - Gnamod

Haidrgna

Oh the punishing we could do together... :)

Yeah we should do some of that sometime, for a special or something. But for Horde Mode a blood moon trigger every night probably would do it, then can more easily game stage it, but the heat hordes work good enough, I just need to tweak some stuff to get it working even better.

- - - Updated - - -

<Snip>

So that rule still works then in A16, I thought it did not anymore. I will give it a try, might be nice to have this to force stuff in place, and Necropolis will certainly benefit from it.

I wonder though if this rule always fires or it can still fail if the terrain is bad, probably will fail if the terrain cannot support it.

So that rule still works then in A16, I thought it did not anymore. I will give it a try, might be nice to have this to force stuff in place, and Necropolis will certainly benefit from it.

I wonder though if this rule always fires or it can still fail if the terrain is bad, probably will fail if the terrain cannot support it.

It does fail occasionally. As mentioned, I've tried 20 different worlds in testing out the code. 19 had a city near 0,0 until I edited the code. Now it's at 0,0. One had a massive lake there instead. :)

• 3 weeks later...

You will need to copy everything from the Base folder first, the Mods folder in it should go into your install folder of 7dtd (same folder that Data is in) the Config and Prefab contents should be copied over to the same folders in Data, copy the contents and replace existing files.

Then you have have to do the same for any of the challenge mods you want to install, they go over the Base install. I am going to try and get some manual download zipfiles ready soon, that way it will be a little bit easier for server owners and those that cannot or do not want to use the Mod Launcher.

You will need to copy everything from the Base folder first, the Mods folder in it should go into your install folder of 7dtd (same folder that Data is in) the Config and Prefab contents should be copied over to the same folders in Data, copy the contents and replace existing files.

Then you have have to do the same for any of the challenge mods you want to install, they go over the Base install. I am going to try and get some manual download zipfiles ready soon, that way it will be a little bit easier for server owners and those that cannot or do not want to use the Mod Launcher.

Thank you very much!

Good morning, You have some possibility to play the style GNOD HODE without some options.

Example:

1st Can you play the Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad Mode with the zombies from Gnamod Horde Mode?

2. Have zombies attacking your base every night?

3rd Taking the money and also buying items in the cache?

4th leaving the tower eat flag for the zombies always came to attack your base every night?

5؛ So you can play a game where you need to build your base from scratch, making farms to have your food and etc ...

6th a little lowering the difficulty because now the game can not find the money to build a defense of cement and purchases of quick ammunition.

OBS: I think in a game where all the night the zombie come attacking your flag tower but that you can play a style from scratch without perks but with race ...

Thanks in advance for the MOD so cool and good that I've played ...

forte.thumb.jpg.ac64632d6fab9869c3a2514c2079ceb3.jpg

Good morning, You have some possibility to play the style GNOD HODE without some options.

Example:

1st Can you play the Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad Mode with the zombies from Gnamod Horde Mode?

2. Have zombies attacking your base every night?

3rd Taking the money and also buying items in the cache?

4th leaving the tower eat flag for the zombies always came to attack your base every night?

5؛ So you can play a game where you need to build your base from scratch, making farms to have your food and etc ...

6th a little lowering the difficulty because now the game can not find the money to build a defense of cement and purchases of quick ammunition.

OBS: I think in a game where all the night the zombie come attacking your flag tower but that you can play a style from scratch without perks but with race ...

Thanks in advance for the MOD so cool and good that I've played ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23882[/ATTACH]

I am not entirely sure what you are asking for here, do you want a different Map for Horde Mode (that is starting on the same Map as Base) but then with the beacon? That would not be really useful in my opinion, since you could just go away and use the beacon as trader if the map is really big.

In Base you can build your base from scratch, but if that would have the same amount of zombies as Horde Mode it would be a really quick game for most.

Adding a lower difficulty version of Horde Mode is certainly doable, I am still working on the balance and currently it is scaled pretty high and far to difficult for many players. But this is partially because in the most recent versions almost all zombies actually go for the flag location rather than standing around or moving to something else. This makes it that each zombie spawned needs to be killed. Before many were spawned but not everyone got them all. I will make it scale better, but before I can get the proper balance I need to have the new beacon ready as well so that what it sells matches better what can be expected, as well as pricing and availability of coins to match. This balance is not easy and thus I rather take my time to get it right in a beta version than changing it up all the time.

I have again made the all versions of the Mod downloadable for those that want to manually install (and server owners). Each version of the mod has its own zip file that can be extracted or its content copied over directly to the game folder. It should overwrite some of the contents of the Data folder and add a Mod folder. Make sure you have a clean copy of the game before you add any mods, you can use Steam to verify the integrity of the game files to obtain a clean copy, if not sure a reinstall will also work but takes more time.

Super stoked to try your MOD

I have again made the all versions of the Mod downloadable for those that want to manually install (and server owners). Each version of the mod has its own zip file that can be extracted or its content copied over directly to the game folder. It should overwrite some of the contents of the Data folder and add a Mod folder. Make sure you have a clean copy of the game before you add any mods, you can use Steam to verify the integrity of the game files to obtain a clean copy, if not sure a reinstall will also work but takes more time.

One ? Which version is best for large population rented server not interested in horde version for this reason. Your work looks badass on the tube. Thanks in advance for your time.

One ? Which version is best for large population rented server not interested in horde version for this reason. Your work looks badass on the tube. Thanks in advance for your time.

You should then run the Base version only. That one is intended for extended play. Horde Mode, Nomad Mode both are not suitable for extended play probably, although Nomad Mode could theoretically work if you play with a group, but not sure how it would play on a server with lot of people.

Necropolis would be suitable for a hardcore server, but it is still in development, its currently way to hard and is also quite resource intensive for any system. Once it is done would be fun to see a server that runs it I guess.

yeah I'd like to use gnamod with valmod, havent been able to get them to work together without errors.

That is never going to work, Valmod is like Gnamod a complete overhaul mod that basically changes the same files. Valmod does almost everything completely different, it might be possible to use some of the Gnamod terrain and biomes, but even then you need to make your own mashup mod.

I hardly can get enough time to manage my own mods, so I will not be making it compatible to any other mod. Gnamod used to have a world version that worked with Valmod in A15 back when Gnamod was not as complex as it is now.

I am not entirely sure what you are asking for here, do you want a different Map for Horde Mode (that is starting on the same Map as Base) but then with the beacon? That would not be really useful in my opinion, since you could just go away and use the beacon as trader if the map is really big.

In Base you can build your base from scratch, but if that would have the same amount of zombies as Horde Mode it would be a really quick game for most.

Adding a lower difficulty version of Horde Mode is certainly doable, I am still working on the balance and currently it is scaled pretty high and far to difficult for many players. But this is partially because in the most recent versions almost all zombies actually go for the flag location rather than standing around or moving to something else. This makes it that each zombie spawned needs to be killed. Before many were spawned but not everyone got them all. I will make it scale better, but before I can get the proper balance I need to have the new beacon ready as well so that what it sells matches better what can be expected, as well as pricing and availability of coins to match. This balance is not easy and thus I rather take my time to get it right in a beta version than changing it up all the time.

I did not say that I did not like your MOD, I'm sorry for my English, on the contrary I loved Gnamod Horde very much, if I do not mistake some page of the forum someone or you commented that it would give to play your Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad with the zombies of Gnamod Horde, I thought it would be very cool if the zombies attacked us every night just as it is in the Gnamod Horde.

What's the difference between the Gnamod Base Mod and Gadod Nomad?

I did not say that I did not like your MOD, I'm sorry for my English, on the contrary I loved Gnamod Horde very much, if I do not mistake some page of the forum someone or you commented that it would give to play your Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad with the zombies of Gnamod Horde, I thought it would be very cool if the zombies attacked us every night just as it is in the Gnamod Horde.

What's the difference between the Gnamod Base Mod and Gadod Nomad?

Its alright, I did not say that either, I got that part, I just was not sure what you meant, but now I do. It would actually not be to hard to get the hordes of Gnamod Horde mode in Gnamod Base, you would need to copy only Gamestages.xml and Spawning.xml from Horde Mode to get that effect. Any heat you will make then will attract hordes as the beacon normally does that for you. It might get a little rough though :)

Gnamod Base is the vanilla version of Gnamod that plays like the vanilla game but is a lot harder and has all the features you also see in Horde Mode. Nomad Mode is a like Horde Mode a variation of Base where you cannot dig, and building is limited in a way that you need to first have a workbench before you can do it, so you are forced to wander around. You get a starter pack and a quest to follow a trail of buried treasure. In this mode there will also be more zombies at night and should be played on short days. Basically you move from house to house or town and try to stay mobile until you get your workbench. You will have to fortify the POI you stay in for the night with wood spikes and perhaps some mines, and fight hordes there as well. You might feel like how it first felt at night in a POI with zombies outside, except they might come for you and bust the house open and you got guns to shoot em off.

Good night, I was looking at the gamestages file, I think in this xml is the setting to increase the zombie's sense of heat, maybe you have some option that increases the size of the area of ​​perception of them.

what option modifies the senses of zombies? I will now test the files doing the way you mentioned thank you !! :)

Their MOD is very fun and challenging leaving me stuck playing for hours !!!

<gamestage stage="4067">

<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS4031" num="300" maxAlive="256" duration="3" interval="27" />

<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS4049" num="300" maxAlive="256" duration="3" />

<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS4067" num="300" maxAlive="256" duration="3" />

<spawn group="ZombiesNight" num="600" maxAlive="3" />

</gamestage>

<gamestage stage="4086">

<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS4049" num="300" maxAlive="256" duration="3" />

<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS4067" num="300" maxAlive="256" duration="3" />

<spawn group="feralHordeStageGS4086" num="300" maxAlive="256" duration="3" />

<spawn group="ZombiesNight" num="600" maxAlive="3" />

</gamestage>

what would be <gamestage stage = "4086">

My opinion, when he performs a stage, he will move on to the next stage and so on.

spawn group = "feralHordeStageGS4049"

Kind of a group that's coming to the spawn.

num = 300

Zombie number to be generated

maxAlive = "256"

The maximum number of zombies that go is alive.

duration = "3"

The duration, I think it's 3 hours in the game.

Horde Mode does not use the gamestage file to much, except for the random hordes and the bloodmoon, but its needed to shut of the scout spawning. The heat hordes in Spawning.xml is where the magic is, instead of making screamers it makes a horde. But they can still call other zombies so that value needs to be 0 in Gamestages or it will become crazy and random.

Good night, I was looking at the gamestages file, I think in this xml is the setting to increase the zombie's sense of heat, maybe you have some option that increases the size of the area of ​​perception of them.

what option modifies the senses of zombies? I will now test the files doing the way you mentioned thank you !! :)

Their MOD is very fun and challenging leaving me stuck playing for hours !!!

Heat doesn't have anything to do with perception. Heat is a thing that is tracked by the geographical chunk you are on, and represents 'activity' that can attract scouts to come and check out your location. In vanilla, it is what summons screamers. In this, screamers have been replaced with hordes. All sorts of things in vanilla generate 'heat', including all the workstations, placed torches, dead zombies, using firearms, and breaking blocks. It isn't heat in the temperature sense, but rather in the sense of high activity. In the Horde Mode, the beacon generates a -lot- of heat, which summons hordes to your location.

There is no 'range' on this. If heat hits a certain threshold, the game spawns whatever has been set as the 'scouts' in Spawning.xml, and they immediately make a beeline for whatever generated the most heat. In horde mode, that's your beacon. Range isn't really a factor, since they are spawned in fairly nearby and always move immediately toward the source of the heat.

You -can- increase the perception range of zombies, by messing around with entityclasses.xml. The base template maleZombie has stats for perception in sight and sound ranges, along with light levels it can notice you at, and settings for how easily they are awoken from sleep. And all the other zombies inherit these stats(unles the individual code for the zombie overwrites them with new values). But it's not really needed or helpful for the horde mode.

Oh, hey, btw, while I am here: Haidgr, small suggestion for future updates: It'd be good to have the beacon store sell plastic and paper. As is, it sells neither, meaning that shotgun ammo is limited to only what you can buy premade, along with what little you can scrounge of paper and plastic. Those are both pretty plentiful in the base game but without any POIs or much in the way of zombie loot drops they end up scarce.

Is there any way to increase the zombie's radius of vision? Do you know how I can do this?

In the GNAmod, Haidgr has rewritten the whole entityclasses.xml file. It's a lot more elegantly laid out and easy to read than the vanilla, and the inheritances are all kept in place for visions stats. Which means you only have to modify the sight stats for the zombieTemplate class and it will modify it for all zombies.

For radius of vision, you want to modify the MaxViewAngle property, listed under 'Statistics' in the zombieTemplate class. Vanilla has that set to 180, GNA has it set to 250. I believe it goes up to 360, though I don't know for certain. For range, the property SightRange under Stealth Settings impacts how far they can see, and the property SightScale has to do with light levels. The first number is the lowest brightness at which they can see you at minimum distance(right on top of you), the high number is the lowest brightness they can see you at their maximum view range(set by SightRange). In between is a sliding scale. GNA already increases all of these over vanilla.

In the GNAmod, Haidgr has rewritten the whole entityclasses.xml file. It's a lot more elegantly laid out and easy to read than the vanilla, and the inheritances are all kept in place for visions stats. Which means you only have to modify the sight stats for the zombieTemplate class and it will modify it for all zombies.

For radius of vision, you want to modify the MaxViewAngle property, listed under 'Statistics' in the zombieTemplate class. Vanilla has that set to 180, GNA has it set to 250. I believe it goes up to 360, though I don't know for certain. For range, the property SightRange under Stealth Settings impacts how far they can see, and the property SightScale has to do with light levels. The first number is the lowest brightness at which they can see you at minimum distance(right on top of you), the high number is the lowest brightness they can see you at their maximum view range(set by SightRange). In between is a sliding scale. GNA already increases all of these over vanilla.

I will take that as a compliment :)

But indeed these values are the ones you will need to change if you want it even more extreme. The sight range currently is a compromise over the different modes, the one for Horde Mode will change in the coming version and will make them see you from further, especially the Rad ones which will almost have x-ray vision. But for a standard Gnamod game that would completely kill stealth and I do not want to do that. Stealth is definitly harder in Gnamod but it should still be possible to stay hidden in the dark. A range of vision of 60 or higher will mean you will hardly be able to lose zombies chasing you, they basically will follow you all the way until you kill them. If that is your game, by all means go for it :)

Archived