A16 - Gnamod

Haidrgna

Is there a way to edit the zombie always run ability? I play solo, and its impossible with 50 zombies running at you to play at night.

The best solution is to not go out at night, default behaviour is that zombies start running at this time. You can modify this when setting up a game and set them to always walk, then they will only use the daylight speed. Then only ferals and certain faster zombies will still run and they will still occasionally speed up and sprint. If you want to have them walk all of the time, all of them you can try the Romero version of Horde Mode. There will not be any other Romero version for now though so you would have to manually apply the changes to make them walk. Which requires several values to be changed in the entityclasses.xml

So I have released the 1.1 versions of Gnamod on the manual download as well now, these packages just like before can be installed to a server or game manually by extracting all files to the game's base folder. Just download the zip of the version you want to play and the package will have everything for that version only (unlike the download from the git repo that the Mod Launcher downloads).

This version will stay like this until maybe a 1.2 version is released, but with A17 being this close the 1.2 version may only be released as an experimental one.

I am working on creating a Gnamod Installer, this will be a simple program that downloads the mod from the git and then has some options to assemble a install package, apply this package to a 7dtd game folder or perhaps also make a clone of the game to install any of the Gnamod versions on.

This is because Gnamod is getting to much versions and options where the Mod Launcher is not really suitable for to maintain, many combinations that would be possible to make would require me to keep up to date as well. With this version I could create several files that can be mixed by the installer. So for example I could make some difficulty files that work on all versions rather than having to maintain files for every mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a reason the zombies come at 12 pm during the day when they're not supposed to start until 12 AM? It doesn't matter if we're on easy, normal, hard or whatever they start pummeling us at 12 pm every single time. It's quite annoying to say the least and makes it so we can't even be ready to fight them off.

• 2 months later...
Can anyone help me with how to set up horde mode on a rented 16.4 server ? I've installed the whole mod to the server but it woint work at all so far.

Hey there,

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong so you need to give me some more info before I can possibly help you. What problems are you encountering and how did you install the files? Common issues are when a server is still loading a world created by the vanilla (so make sure to change seed and create a new world after installing) or that not all files are installed.

OK - i have downloaded the mod from github - installed it into the mods folder on the server which is 16.4, just like I would for any other mod. The server is hanging on initialising.

I suppose my questions are - how does the server know which GNA version to choose ? In the GNA folder there are subfolders - base, horde, necropolis etc. i want to run horde mode. Should I delete the non horde sub folders ? or is there something to put in the server file to tell the server to load a horde game ? If you were uploading your mod to a server via ftp what would you do ? Upload the files into the mods folder or would you be doing something else ? Are there any entries you would make in myserverconfig.xml beyond specifying random gen and naming the world ?

The server will not know that at all, it will then most likely only run the base version. I created ready to download install packs that you can download from the link in the first page.

But if you want to install from the git version you will first need to copy everything over from the Base folders, the mods folder so you have the icons and then install the contents from horde mode on top of that and then install the difficulty on top of that. But its best to create this configuration before hand before uploading it with ftp to save yourself some time. This is why I made these packs. The Mod Launcher for A16 normally does this as well for a client.

Hopefully when I get an A17 version of the mod done this will mostly happen with xpath and difficulties/modes can just be a modlet to apply to the base mod making installing much easier.

If you want to keep a closer eye on development, Join the discord channel:

https://discord.gg/xePu2JG

I post updates of development there, when there will be an A17 version of Gnamod ready for release I may update this thread or create a new one, not sure yet. But until then I limit my activity to discord.

Archived