A16 - Backpack expansion a16 onwards

stallionsden

So I tried searching the thread and if I missed this, my apologies. We just switched to ValMod from Starvation and used the default BigBackpack mod that comes with Expansion on our dedi. Everything looks great and plays well...aside from one thing. When we log out all items within the bottom row of our backpacks disappear. I'm hoping to resolve this and let t he server admin know so that we can correct the issue.

My guess: The Assembly-CSharp.dll file didn't get updated correctly on the server. If my hunch is correct, most hosted servers do not allow you to modify your Assembly-CSharp.dll and you have to ask Support to make the change.

Am I on the right track here or way off base?

Thank in advance!

Each player must have the dll sp version on their single game as well as the server having the dedi dll .

Which server provider you use. Some allow you to however you have to upload the dll via the servers files section as filezilla wont upload any dll to it itself.

Each player must have the dll sp version on their single game as well as the server having the dedi dll .

Which server provider you use. Some allow you to however you have to upload the dll via the servers files section as filezilla wont upload any dll to it itself.

We use Killservers.

Never heard of them lol. But put in a support ticket and enquire if you can upload the modded dll and they can do it for you if your not allowed to. But without the dll you will continue to lose your stuff upon death or exiting

Killservers is run by Pam (if i remember right) from the Starvation team. They have been really good to us.

thanks for the info guys, we appreciate it. We will get that ticket in asap.

/cheer

Well, as another possibility, how about sphereii's mod launcher?

AFAIK, his launcher downloads mod files on starting game. I see there are many backpack expansion compatible mod in launcher.

Traffic limit on dropbox is 20GB per day, and your DLL is about 5MB. So, if somebodies around the world play "some sort of backpack expansion" 4000 times per day, it reaches traffic limit.

Well, as another possibility, how about sphereii's mod launcher?

AFAIK, his launcher downloads mod files on starting game. I see there are many backpack expansion compatible mod in launcher.

Traffic limit on dropbox is 20GB per day, and your DLL is about 5MB. So, if somebodies around the world play "some sort of backpack expansion" 4000 times per day, it reaches traffic limit.

Fair enough. I haven't looked at sphereiis mod launcher. I wouldn't be to knowledgeable as to what needs to be done and if the many different files for the backpack would be compatible per day.

I will speak to sphereii about it tho if it is easier

so I was a container property, and I was thinking like a bag of holding(dupster, and craftable) that could hold inventory as well as be saved. I wasn't sure if that had been tried already as a way of making more space without editing the dll's

so I was a container property, and I was thinking like a bag of holding(dupster, and craftable) that could hold inventory as well as be saved. I wasn't sure if that had been tried already as a way of making more space without editing the dll's

if you want the stuff to be saved and not lost upon death or exiting the game the dll must be edited sorry to say...

• 2 weeks later...

What configs i change and how i change for 75 slots pls :) i have zero knowledge about this =( be patient with me pls.

alread downloaded the Assembly and redefined the name to look same as original ( but is the 75 slots ) ...

what i do now? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived