A16 - Backpack expansion a16 onwards

stallionsden

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I wanted to use 72 or 120 variant but when I saw 4 posts full of un-understandable text, I got headache.

Would be somebody so kind and post all already edited files so I could just copy paste it? I am sure all other noobs would appreciate it too.

What parts dont you understand of the instructions

What parts dont you understand of the instructions

So that your active buff screen and forge are not covered follow this thanks to DnaJur and Leaderdog -

using the 200 bag slot so 20 columns and 10 rows.

So width would be (75 * 20) + 3 = 1503
Height would be (75 * 10) + 46 = 796

Content:
Height (75 * 10) + 3 = 753

This would go in windows.xml:
<window name="windowBackpack" width="753" height="421" panel="Center">
<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
<sprite depth="3" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="5,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack"/>
<label depth="3" name="windowName" pos="42,-6" width="250" height="32" text="INVENTORY" text_key="xuiInventory" font_size="32" />
</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="378" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">
<!-- <sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/> -->
<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="753" height="421" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="5" cols="10" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >
<item_stack name="0"/>
</grid>
</panel>
</window>

You used totally different numbers in example and then in the code. Futher I didnt go.

Why you wont just upload edited files? It would be much easier tbh.

So that your active buff screen and forge are not covered follow this thanks to DnaJur and Leaderdog -

using the 200 bag slot so 20 columns and 10 rows.

Content:

This would go in windows.xml:
<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
<sprite depth="3" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="5,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack"/>
<label depth="3" name="windowName" pos="42,-6" width="250" height="32" text="INVENTORY" text_key="xuiInventory" font_size="32" />
</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="378" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">
<!-- <sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/> -->
<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="753" height="421" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="5" cols="10" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >
<item_stack name="0"/>
</grid>
</panel>
</window>

You used totally different numbers in example and then in the code. Futher I didnt go.

Why you wont just upload edited files? It would be much easier tbh.

where is the issue......

it depends on what size back pack you wanted.

Content:

for a 200 slot backpack if you wanted smaller you adjust these figures and then place in this code here and swap the figures -

</panel>

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</panel>

</window>

and simply i have a life. the hard bit is done for you all in editing the assembly csharp. i am not going to ever upload edited files for anyone sorry to dissapoint but it really isnt that hard just take a step at a time you will get thru it.

give a guy a fish he will eat for a day. Teach a guy to eat he will eat for ever :-)

Content:

You used this as example but then you used for first width 753 while you wrote 1503.

You used this as example but then you used for first height 421 while you wrote 796.

You used this as example but then you used for first height 378 while you wrote 753.

You used this as example but then you used for first width 753 while you wrote 1503.

You used this as example but then you used for first height 421 while you wrote 796.

You used this as example but then you used for first height 378 while you wrote 753.

The bottom part was all vanilla. You simply had to replace those figures with the ones you calculated

• 2 weeks later...

I put the modified .dll file for single player in Z:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed.

Do I also have to put the modified .dll file in this path as well for single player? Z:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ArchSrc\x86\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed.

Thanks for your help! :)

I put the modified .dll file for single player in Z:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed.

Do I also have to put the modified .dll file in this path as well for single player? Z:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ArchSrc\x86\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed.

Thanks for your help! :)

No just the first one does not need to be in the x86 one

No just the first one does not need to be in the x86 one

Thank you sir for the info! I couldn't figure out why my stuff was disappearing from my modified backpack until I carefully read this thread. I think I was running the 90.dll single player and but I had 120 slots. Nothing like coming back into the game hungry and thirsty and finding out all your water has disappeared. :)

Thank you sir for the info! I couldn't figure out why my stuff was disappearing from my modified backpack until I carefully read this thread. I think I was running the 90.dll single player and but I had 120 slots. Nothing like coming back into the game hungry and thirsty and finding out all your water has disappeared. :)

Yeh that be why your stuff was dissappearing

• 1 month later...

I'm lost... I'm totally lost und first, sorry for my English (have a good excuse: I'm German! *lol*)

I've done the steps on the first side to get the bigger Backpack with 200 Slots. We're playing the walkers mod on a rented gameserver and I cannot figure out what I did wrong :-(

Step 1: Downloaded A16.4 200 SLOT >> done

Step 2: Rename the two Assembly-CSharp200.dll >> done

Step 3: Replaced the dedi.dll on the server and the normal .dll on my local pc >> done

Step 4: Edited windows.xml, with this code:

<window name="windowBackpack" width="1503" height="796" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" cursor_area="true" >

<button depth="3" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack" tooltip_key="lblSortInventory" sound="[paging_click]" />

<label depth="2" pos="472,-8" width="100" height="28" text="{currencyamount}" color="[mediumGrey]" justify="right" />

<sprite depth="4" name="costIcon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_coin" size="24,24" pos="577,-10" color="[white]" foregroundlayer="true" />

</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="753" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="603" height="303" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="10" cols="20" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<SMX_50_item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</panel>

</window>

Step 5: changed windowLooting in windows.xml >> done

Step 6: changed and replaced loot.xml >> done

Step 7: Edited controls.xml and styles.xml (just copied the codes from the 1st side and repaced them)

My problem is, I've tried all the steps now 4 oder 5 times and it isn't working for me. We're using the 7D2D-Launcher and I've installed a bigger backpack-mod from SMX before, maybe that is the Problem?

I would like so much to get the bigger backpack with 200 Slots, maybe there is still a way?

I need help, please... I'm desparate!!

Thanks, Montaine

• 2 months later...
There is a few bigger backpack modlets out there already for A17

A17 Bigger Backpack Mod!

A17 Simple UI Modlets

SMX - Modlet Center [A17]

300 Slot BackPack & 3 Row Crafting Que

@stallionsden if you don't want these links here just let me know and I'll remove them

Lol nah all good we are all together here :-).

@stasis this mod is out of date no longer is the dll required to make your backpack bigger. All that is required is windows.xml. controls.xml. xui.xml(scale if you need to increase or decrease scale). entityclasses.xml. loot.xml. and progression.xml

Archived