Could we get a way to make standard clothing?

Maharin

Add some plants to make the dyes in the chemistry station (for the colors not already in game). Add a sewing kit or crafting station that allows you to take cloth and add dyes to make each type/color of clothing. Maybe even add the patterns as books to find (like Making Sweaters and the like). Or maybe have the patterns found be combined with cloth and dye to make the item you want (losing the pattern in the process if we must).

I know I can mod this all in but... it kinda should be there anyway. :p

Or at least clothing that adds more insulation.

We can craft up to -30*F, but only +10F.. and that's on main set slots which is even more inconvenient.

You know what?!

HOBO JACKET!! Requirements: Paper + Cloth Shirt. Gives +20*F

Yes. In reality, in a pinch I could wear several shirts for warmth.

Lacking that ability, the ability to make patchwork clothing would be nice. Maybe trade off armor value for insulation? Or have cloth armor also grant decent insulation?

Or at least clothing that adds more insulation.

Are you kidding about more insulation??? All game is total overheating even with -20* from top and shorts. Played on more then 10 different servers, and never wear any coat or duster. Btw coats and dusters are pretty easy to find, and with hazmat suit you'll get +80* total, but you can only able to make -30* if you play without any armor helmet.

Are you kidding about more insulation??? All game is total overheating even with -20* from top and shorts. Played on more then 10 different servers, and never wear any coat or duster. Btw coats and dusters are pretty easy to find, and with hazmat suit you'll get +80* total, but you can only able to make -30* if you play without any armor helmet.

Wear a leather poncho (-20), tank top (-10), cowboy hat (-10), and shorts (-10) for a total of -50. Then drink some yucca juice. I have yet to find a place too hot with all of that in play.

i modded in

<recipe name="sweatshirtBrown" count="1">

<ingredient name="cloth" count="20"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="tshirtBrown" count="1">

<ingredient name="cloth" count="10"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="brownDenimPants" count="1">

</recipe>

<recipe name="denimShortsPantsBrown" count="1">

<ingredient name="cloth" count="10"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="pufferCoatBrown" count="1">

<ingredient name="feather" count="40"/>

</recipe>

The Puffer coat i halfed the Price

Would like that in Vanilla too.

Btw coats and dusters are pretty easy to find,

Until RNG hates you. Had 2 Games i was not even able to find a Town before i died at end of the week

(used not the Preview tool this games)

Wear a leather poncho (-20), tank top (-10), cowboy hat (-10), and shorts (-10) for a total of -50. Then drink some yucca juice. I have yet to find a place too hot with all of that in play.

leather poncho - usually I'd play on servers with maxed difficulty, so my equip is military armor and mining helm, so only (-20), and inventory too small for playing dress change games. And red tea instead yuka juice, much easier to get. And getting mining helm takes 1-2 days, full military armor equip - 5-10 game days, depends on luck. Only help is minibike, fast runs through plains and desert.

Until RNG hates you. Had 2 Games i was not even able to find a Town before i died at end of the week

(used not the Preview tool this games)

1) Find road and move near it

2) If you meet snow biome on your way - check tree stumps, high chance to find coats

3) Hotels on crossroads and cities - first floor room with desks - high chance to find duster

1) Find road and move near it

2) If you meet snow biome on your way - check tree stumps, high chance to find coats

3) Hotels on crossroads and cities - first floor room with desks - high chance to find duster

Ok i think i need to explain this more. I tried for a few games a "No Map, no Veteran Knowledge" start. (But Death is Death on Insane 50% loot) Means i tried to play good but comparable with new players. The idea behind this is that i believe that games should be winable even on Hardest settings. (Without taking benefits some people would name exploits or broken balance) And with a low loot abundance you can really die because something dont drop. And if we talk about weather survival i think this should not happen.

But yes you are right in the first place.

(On the other hand there are really People living on the Dark side of the normal curve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution )

Ok i think i need to explain this more. I tried for a few games a "No Map, no Veteran Knowledge" start. (But Death is Death on Insane 50% loot) Means i tried to play good but comparable with new players. The idea behind this is that i believe that games should be winable even on Hardest settings. (Without taking benefits some people would name exploits or broken balance) And with a low loot abundance you can really die because something dont drop. And if we talk about weather survival i think this should not happen.

But yes you are right in the first place.

Hm... then plant fibers set for the start, +12*, then only possible problems with freezing is after long time under rain in snow biome. Stuff like additionals recipes is very helpful, but Im playing servers only, and cant add recipe for -30* bikini...

• 10 months later...

Extensive Clothing Recipe List

I did not include every item, otherwise we would have no need to go look for things. So some items, like suits, boots, hats, and military items are not included in this recipe list. Other items I made more difficult to make by including rare items or previously crafted items. enjoy!

:strawberry:

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsfx7jjw708i9e8/7dtd%20clothing%20recipes.txt?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsfx7jjw708i9e8/7dtd%20clothing%20recipes.txt?dl=0[/url]

• 3 months later...

Archived