[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Private creative mode?

How do I stop randoms entering my world in creative mode, as I can't find anyway to stop them entering.

After losing my 6th base in solo to md5 on day 198, I thought I'd try creative to see if a low Terran impact base could work, day six some randoms appear and destroy base for fun then leave world.

How do I prevent this.

Private game turn cheat mode on in the options.

Private creative mode?

How do I stop randoms entering my world in creative mode, as I can't find anyway to stop them entering.

After losing my 6th base in solo to md5 on day 198, I thought I'd try creative to see if a low Terran impact base could work, day six some randoms appear and destroy base for fun then leave world.

How do I prevent this.

Either local or private game (depending on if you play solo or not). When setting the options for your world, turn on cheat mode (modded options). If you go for the private game, only let trusted friends join you.

Private creative mode?

How do I prevent this.

Private game will fix that issue. None can join without an invite

I've gone as far as i can with this. Where my vid ends is where the game keeps erroring out on me 95% of the time if u wanna add my vid to bug forum. I think it might b too many lights but cannot b sure as crashes too much to test it now. You can tell where I was going with it i think. Hopefully after engine upgrade n all that it will b a lil better and going to try this build again for my sake. It was just starting to give me that, "ok, polish me up in here vibe and move onto your bridge and road._."

I've gone as far as i can with this. Where my vid ends is where the game keeps erroring out on me 95% of the time if u wanna add my vid to bug forum. I think it might b too many lights but cannot b sure as crashes too much to test it now. You can tell where I was going with it i think. Hopefully after engine upgrade n all that it will b a lil better and going to try this build again for my sake. It was just starting to give me that, "ok, polish me up in here vibe and move onto your bridge and road._."

Damn, that sucks, but it looks awesome! I really hope you get a chance to rebuild and finish it after the update. I'd love to see the final product.

That is really impressive! I'm sorry it keeps crashing; you could be right about the lights. So much work, what a great project!

Such an impressive build LuckyStrike, I'm sorry to see it is crashing out on you. I know 10+ lights in an area can start to build up lag, with about 30+ causing crashes for players if it's in a small area. Just before you crash you walk under 15 in the one spot so it's very likely that lights caused the problem. Hopefully the engine upgrade with help with this.

I thought I'd share a screenshot of my challenge build so far :) I'm recreating as much of Chichen Itza as I can within the time limit and doing it all in creative so I have a chance. This is the completed Temple of the Warriors in front with the incomplete Temple of Kukulkan in the back.

Warriors.thumb.jpg.74e8204019b79c43b34576f26863a455.jpg

Such an impressive build LuckyStrike, I'm sorry to see it is crashing out on you. I know 10+ lights in an area can start to build up lag, with about 30+ causing crashes for players if it's in a small area. Just before you crash you walk under 15 in the one spot so it's very likely that lights caused the problem. Hopefully the engine upgrade with help with this.

Yep.Confirmed from more than 3 in one of my comms im in. The lights did me in and coulda saved if i would have caught sooner. The tri lvl part was going to have a ceiling you could see the water through but didnt make it due to blueing out. Ill redo for sure in creative prolly for some future challenge after update is live and patched if necessary. TY gals.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I'd share a screenshot of my challenge build so far :) I'm recreating as much of Chichen Itza as I can within the time limit and doing it all in creative so I have a chance. This is the completed Temple of the Warriors in front with the incomplete Temple of Kukulkan in the back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24735[/ATTACH]

Looking awesome!

Dat framed moon tho <3

As someone who has a country heritage of very carefully aligning things to celestial objects so they look juuuuust right this is really cool to me :)

Dat framed moon tho <3

As someone who has a country heritage of very carefully aligning things to celestial objects so they look juuuuust right this is really cool to me :)

Thanks, Clare! I actually had no intention of taking a screenshot, but when I saw how perfectly it all worked, I just couldn't resist!

Looks great so far!

I'm having to sit this one out; between being ill, work and preparing for an interview, I just haven't had time. Will join in next month though.

Looks great so far!

I'm having to sit this one out; between being ill, work and preparing for an interview, I just haven't had time. Will join in next month though.

Sorry to hear that, but I hope you get through it. Looking forward to your next build!

Looks great so far!

Feel better Damsel and best of luck with the interview :)

Feel better Damsel and best of luck with the interview :)

Thanks Clare. I'm a lot better then I was. I didn't get the job I went after but did well and got some great feedback, so better luck next time. I should be able to get back into the build challenges next month.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the challenge. I came across this picture and remembered talking about it somewhere but anyway thought I would share. It was a military camp that the group I play with and turned to this. We merged the two regular buildings. Put a 2nd wall around and we use the small tent to the left to lead to our mineshaft. We use the bigger tent to put some weapons and tools in. We leave the bathroom and two bed rooms where they are and put another two bedrooms and bathroom above them to match. We leave the kitchen where it is and update it some and then the dining area we have our workstation against the walls and put in tables across the room and put storage boxes on top of them then we put signs in front of them to label them. Then above the kitchen and dining room area we have a master bedroom with a master bathroom. Then the rooftop garden. If paint comes in the next update we should be able to make it look even better. I know this isn't completely from scratch but some stuff you can't craft and we don't play in creative. So we like to use as much as we can in the world that you can't make.

20180729_051056.thumb.jpg.b1597aa7bb1586dd0b4e191c0e735c17.jpg

Archived