[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Direct file: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/blob/ae70392bfe7f6e39fdb6dd9aa014bd8c2af40bf2/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

For non-Launcher users, you can just copy it to your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder.

I can provide a workaround in the Launcher for it too.

You can also, for the time being, find the latest experimental assembly at my experimental repo. Don't use any of the other files there, they're various stages of half-broken experiments and testing apparatus. That isn't Spider's mod really, it's a messy coder desk I will deny any knowledge of, except the Assembly is solid for right now.

For that matter, all the DLL files seem to be missing. Go Here.

You can also, for the time being, find the latest experimental assembly at my experimental repo. Don't use any of the other files there, they're various stages of half-broken experiments and testing apparatus. That isn't Spider's mod really, it's a messy coder desk I will deny any knowledge of, except the Assembly is solid for right now.

Thanks, I think I will wait for Spider to fix it. I can create an extra download link, but I'd want to stay within Spider's depot

Assembly-CSharp.dll has been restored.

Refresh the launcher, or re-download and install manually.

Good evening, whatever was done has fixed the issue. You guys are superb. Excited to try this out compared to starvation while waiting for a16. I'll certainly express my appreciation in another way in the next few day$. Thanks.

You can place it right next to a Generator but it is better to lay down some Power lines then you can connect many things to one Generator. If you read the Generators, the Power lines or your True Survival mod notes(all in game places) It clearly tells you how to use it and reading your in game descriptions and Mod Notes would save you from leaving game looking for information I have taken the time to put in many places in game for you.

I read notes, but the problem was that i could place workbench near the only one side of generator, and this side was inside the wall. Three other sides wasn't be workable.

And one more. After dismantling any workbench you didn't see preview of it during the next placement.

Ah fun, save file got corrupted, entire base and everything in it vanished, exited the game and came back and its a completely different random gen world. No back up save files. Welp.

Single player game or was this on a dedicated server?

I just finished night 7 and went from level 10 to level 25. Does that sound about right? Or was I just lucky to be able to kill pretty much all of the horde without dying?

Please post all your game settings so we can see if thats right please

I have the same issue as Obsidian. As I mentioned before I went from level 41 to 56 on Day 14 horde, and that's apparently because I played 2 hour cycles. I did start a new game and took the leap to 1 hour days. I played 1 hour day, 18 hour daylight, no loot respawn, and show airdrop markers, the rest are default and it is much tougher to play the 1 hour day. These are the same settings as before except the cycle. ON day 14 I went from level 32 to level 51. It seemed as every zombie I killed, either the level went up or my archery skill increased. So I thought maybe I didn't get the update or something else was screwed up because I did notice that the pain pill hydration reduction was at -30 so I know that Spider changed it to -20 in the update. and I deleted the Spider file from my mods. I then reinstalled the mod from the launcher as I did originally when I started the SDX version. I have started a new game and I did notice the pain pills still show -30, so I'm a bit confused on that. And after starting a new game on recommended settings, on Day 3 noon, I'm at level 5 with 27 Zombie kills. Thanks for the help and Spider please don't insult my intelligence again by telling me its because I have pansy-ass settings, which would be stupid for anyone to play this mod all dumbed down like that. I used to play the 2 hour days until I'm comfortable with a mod. In this case I had never seen all of the new POI's ands wanted to check them all out. I play this mod for one reason, it is the best that I have seen to date and I have played plenty of 7dtd, Valmod and Starvation.

Srry if I missed a bug report.

I was playing my game this morning and the town I was in was all fine. I drive back to my base and the whole area is reset. There was a bunch of errors in the console. There seems to be no log of it, maybe that is just saved in a different place. I have it recorded if you want a look. Also when I reload this saved game the player is also reset but not the map. Could this be a bug or is it more likely a corrupted save game?

Anything I can do to help figure that out so others do have this happen?

Srry if I missed a bug report.

I was playing my game this morning and the town I was in was all fine. I drive back to my base and the whole area is reset. There was a bunch of errors in the console. There seems to be no log of it, maybe that is just saved in a different place. I have it recorded if you want a look. Also when I reload this saved game the player is also reset but not the map. Could this be a bug or is it more likely a corrupted save game?

Anything I can do to help figure that out so others do have this happen?

There should be a list of errors in the output_log.txt found in the 7DaystoDie_Data directory. Pastebin that and let us have a look.

I have the current build loaded and went in and loaded several save games from the past week or so, and no issues or corruption in any of them.

So, the oil refinery ONLY works when youre staring at it, Which makes it practically useless (You have to have it open while its crafting for it to do anything)

Also, It doesnt seem to require Power at all, which... It should, it makes sense for it to Since it doesnt require fuel like the other stations.

Other than that and the Gun sound problems I pmd to spider, The SDX version of this has come a long way, I havnt played TS since last year, and it feels like a completely different game now (It kinda is) And i'm loving it, Only died 30 times so far!

There should be a list of errors in the output_log.txt found in the 7DaystoDie_Data directory. Pastebin that and let us have a look.

I have the current build loaded and went in and loaded several save games from the past week or so, and no issues or corruption in any of them.

https://pastebin.com/Qgk1HyY6

Does this over right on a restart of the game, or is it appended During the same day?

I started playing at around 5:40 ish and not 6:43

There seems to be some sort of invalid hashes. I can see anything else.

Ill also get that video rendered.

https://pastebin.com/Qgk1HyY6

Does this over right on a restart of the game, or is it appended During the same day?

I started playing at around 5:40 ish and not 6:43

There seems to be some sort of invalid hashes. I can see anything else.

Ill also get that video rendered.

I found this in the log:

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.639 INF [MODS] Start loading

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.642 INF [MODS] Trying to load from SDX

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.679 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: True Survival (1)

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.680 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Valmod-Expansion

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.687 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Valmod Icons (3)

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.687 INF [MODS] Trying to load from ValmodIcons

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.693 WRN [MODS] C:/7D2D/Spider/True_Survival_SDX/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.694 INF [MODS] Loading done

Your install is loading another mods folder first, specifically Valmod expansion, so it fails to load true survival mod. As discussed in previous posts, you must have had an existing mods folder left over in your base install of the game. You should delete the mod and do a fresh install using the "download from steam" option to make sure you have a clean install without an old mods folder.

This may have corrupted your existing save, but it may be ok once you have a proper install of this mod. If your still having problems, delete that old output_log file and it will start a clean one that you can repost.

I found this in the log:

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.639 INF [MODS] Start loading

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.642 INF [MODS] Trying to load from SDX

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.679 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: True Survival (1)

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.680 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Valmod-Expansion

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.687 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Valmod Icons (3)

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.687 INF [MODS] Trying to load from ValmodIcons

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.693 WRN [MODS] C:/7D2D/Spider/True_Survival_SDX/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring

2017-04-21T06:43:43 8.694 INF [MODS] Loading done

Your install is loading another mods folder first, specifically Valmod expansion, so it fails to load true survival mod. As discussed in previous posts, you must have had an existing mods folder left over in your base install of the game. You should delete the mod and do a fresh install using the "download from steam" option to make sure you have a clean install without an old mods folder.

This may have corrupted your existing save, but it may be ok once you have a propert install of this mod.

Actually this was a new folder the installer created on my c drive not my h: where steam keeps its stuff.

Does the installer take the existing folder from the steam folder and then add the true survival stuff to it?

I will try a fresh install and see what happens.

Actually this was a new folder the installer created on my c drive not my h: where steam keeps its stuff.

Does the installer take the existing folder from the steam folder and then add the true survival stuff to it?

I will try a fresh install and see what happens.

The 7D2D application asks you where to find a factory fresh, exact, with nothing added, copy of the base 7D2D game files. If you have played other mods before, chances are this location has extra junk added to it. I always recommend downloading a fresh copy from steam into a new directory to eliminate any possible contamination.

- - - Updated - - -

Singleplayer.

PasteBin the output log when you can.

Do you have TeamSpeak server up so people can join and talk to each other??

I'm Back!

Well that sucked. lol Life is a little more boring than i remember it before the internet.

I think the server has been up and running this whole time. Bluefang changed our IP# and didnt tell me. So server is and has been up and running. The save game stll is good. New Info = 172.96.166.66 port 23104 pw= spider

Having some problems getting 7D2D to start up on my PC so ill respond to all the post in a few.

Archived