[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

In my opinion if you already have minibike, you have no problem with meat either. I mean by hunting. So, sometimes we can kill animaly by bike, accidently.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they installing and testing the new patch which contain compact driver :)

I mean, he does have some kind of a point in that it might take a bit too long to scrap some things. It's just like pulling teeth to find out exactly what. If it's just that he doesn't like to wait for things that are automatic in vanilla, he would NOT like some of my proposed changes in making cars Hardness 5 and having 1000 hit points. Think multiple in-game hours to disassemble a car... along with suitably increased yields of metal for such an endeavor. One car should be a decent haul of metal... if your wrench lasts, maybe even enough to build you an anvil.

Of course, at that rate, the noise you would be making, the time involved, and the fact that you're going to be outside means that there is a great chance of you being interrupted by a small horde by the time you're done.

I long for more of this kind of content.

Also similar attention could be thrown at the whole 'need to shoot ridiculous amounts of deer to eat ridiculous amounts of meat to satiate a ridiculous amount of hunger' as well. Meat should be a rarer spawn, harder to kill and greater reward.

At the moment I have so much meat piling up in boxes I have no idea what to do with it all, If only I could somehow weaponize it to use against the zeds.

@xyth

Looks like latest build has a couple of missing icons.

HONEYCOMB

OLDFRISBIE

Items found when cutting down trees

Thanks. I had no idea Spider was adding those items to the release so no icons were ever made for those. Will work on that tonight when I get back home from traveling.

I mentioned fully matured pine trees in my original post a day ago, but it's actually not any specific tree but rather the amount of wood each log/small log can be refined down to, I think it's something like 40 wood per log and 20 per small log? So while the amount of logs dropped per tree is proportional to the physical size of the tree's trunk, the amount of wood received is now over twice as much as before the update.

Personally I felt like the resources given per tree before the update was pretty good for the mod, now it feels like vanilla 7DTD, take down one tree > build 1/4 of a base.

I agree that the wood dropped globally is high and should be ajusted down next patch. Thanks for the feedback!

I long for more of this kind of content.

Also similar attention could be thrown at the whole 'need to shoot ridiculous amounts of deer to eat ridiculous amounts of meat to satiate a ridiculous amount of hunger' as well. Meat should be a rarer spawn, harder to kill and greater reward.

At the moment I have so much meat piling up in boxes I have no idea what to do with it all, If only I could somehow weaponize it to use against the zeds.

I regularly say to Spider that meat is too plentiful in this mod. He keeps reducing it little by little and eventually it will get to the right spot. So hang onto that surplus meat!

Hey there, just wondering if Admin God mode is SUPPOSED to also have the "anti place blocks in air" function. People DO use that to legit replace broken blocks or create towns for communities before i get accused of being some "cheater".

Loving the new zombies.

I can't test right now but previous releases allowed godmode placing of blocks while in the air. It wasn't intended to change that if indeed that is the case.

I have a progression question for you all. If you could make a note of how many game days it took you to get to levels 10, 20 and 30, and if doing this you played normally or if you power leveled, that would be helpful. The new higher exp for killing zombies may push character level way ahead of skill level so this may need some balancing as we go. Under the old exp system I averaged 1 character level per day with strictly no power leveling. I expect that will increase under the new system.

I have a progression question for you all. If you could make a note of how many game days it took you to get to levels 10, 20 and 30, and if doing this you played normally or if you power leveled, that would be helpful. The new higher exp for killing zombies may push character level way ahead of skill level so this may need some balancing as we go.

I cannot tell you how many days, it was long ago, but I felt the progression till iron age (lvl 25) did not take too long, compared to pre-SDX version of the mod. I didn't feel I have to grind until lvl 50-60.

I have a progression question for you all. If you could make a note of how many game days it took you to get to levels 10, 20 and 30, and if doing this you played normally or if you power leveled, that would be helpful. The new higher exp for killing zombies may push character level way ahead of skill level so this may need some balancing as we go. Under the old exp system I averaged 1 character level per day with strictly no power leveling. I expect that will increase under the new system.

Well I think the progression level at the moment is great. Keep in mind that horde night is great exp but its also very risky. For players to risk it the reward needs to be good. The exp i got on hord night was very good, amazing actually but the loot was utter crap. Its balanced i would say but unfortunatly I havent been able to do more then one hord night because my body insisted i get some sleep, pfft. And shortly after I woke up, Spider decided to test if the server could run on biofuel made from his ear wax and well, you know what happend after that =)

PS! Not sure how many days it has taken but I have been playing alot, during the weekends at least. I restarted once also. But level 1-25 took its time but not to the extent it was tedious. Now the leveling to lv 75 is alot of work but that suits me since i am a grinder at heart. The bonus from hord night is welcomed but keep in mind alot of time is needed to prepare for the hord night if you actually intend to fight the zombies. And its a huge investment in resources and time. That time could be spent looting, exploring and killing daytime zombies for exp.

PS! And for what its worth, only reason i tried fighting the hord was because of the exp bonus and I had a blast. I did die shortly after daylight came because i ran out of bandages/stims/arrows/weapons and whatnot, basically of everything, so I did die and I hate diying. That is the reason I havent fought the hord before. But the enjoyment of the fight made a death worth it for me, and well the exp =)

PS! And i only play on Spiders server so I dont know how long it has taken me to get each level. I dont know what you are thinking but if its lowering hord night exp a suggestion would be to instead lowering non-horde night exp so the incentive is even greater to do horde night. I do see a problem when a toon has hit lv 75 though, after that exp is not that important I would say. (just thinking out loud)

Regards,

Flanders

Archived