I want to repeat my humble request for some craftable furniture:

refrigerator (349)

beverage cooler (1261)

bookcase (725) or (737)

file cabinet (623)

lockers (626)

medicine cabinet (286)

cupboard (1075)

please make them have 8x8 storage space, like other craft-able storage boxes.

Also we already can craft wallsafe (367), but can you make it 8x8 storage?

I will discuss with Spider, should be easy enough to do. However, I'm neck deep in making a large pool of new game items so it would be right after that project is done.

K, I'm going nuts. the description doesn't say what is unlocked in some of the crafting trees (ex journeyman) where the ♥♥♥♥ is rebar frames?

I don't normally reply to mod-related things, but I kinda want another video for me to watch on monday.

I think the rebar is made in the workAnvil, which itself is made in the workforge.

K, I'm going nuts. the description doesn't say what is unlocked in some of the crafting trees (ex journeyman) where the ♥♥♥♥ is rebar frames?

Also if you go into recipes.xml, hit control F using notepad++ search for rebar, it will show u where or what is needed to craft.

Thanks sphereii. was going mad lol. Can't wait for the game to progress and mods like this become more refined. Even with what's given at this point, you guys are doing a great job.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks wolv. But I'd rather not expose myself to the html. ;) The journey is half the game.

Also if you go into recipes.xml, hit control F using notepad++ search for rebar, it will show u where or what is needed to craft.

Reading the XML is the only thing I can do! :)

I just browse the depot and do searches: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/blob/master/Data/Config/recipes.xml

I agree with Skippy though, the journey is fun, even if a bit frustrating some times. I wouldn't look in the XML either if I could play. Takes away a little bit of the magic.

Reading the XML is the only thing I can do! :)

I just browse the depot and do searches: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/blob/master/Data/Config/recipes.xml

I agree with Skippy though, the journey is fun, even if a bit frustrating some times. I wouldn't look in the XML either if I could play. Takes away a little bit of the magic.

Why cant you play?

Why cant you play?

I lost all my servers and desktops a few weeks ago. I haven't started the process of getting new ones. I'm on a 1.6 Ghz laptop atm with 4G of RAM =D

It's a minor step down. I can do just enough to test things, but not actually play the game.

I lost all my servers and desktops a few weeks ago. I haven't started the process of getting new ones. I'm on a 1.6 Ghz laptop atm with 4G of RAM =D

It's a minor step down. I can do just enough to test things, but not actually play the game.

Yikes! I think i have a Tablet faster than that lol. Hope you get things back up and running soon!

Yikes! I think i have a Tablet faster than that lol. Hope you get things back up and running soon!

I think my phone is faster than this! I bought the wife her laptop replacement, so she can game. But the kids are playing scrabble together, rather than staring at computer screens.... so not in a huge hurry to bring in more electronics into the rental house. It'd be a PITA to move it again in a few months.

I want to repeat my humble request for some craftable furniture:

refrigerator (349)

beverage cooler (1261)

bookcase (725) or (737)

file cabinet (623)

lockers (626)

medicine cabinet (286)

cupboard (1075)

please make them have 8x8 storage space, like other craftable storage boxes.

Also we already can craft wallsafe (367), but can you make it 8x8 storage?

Valmar has made several in this mod here

Um, Spider, you must really hate Adobe ;) Once again, I upgraded Flagstone and it was a downgrade - went from 500hp to 100hp! Also, flagstone and wood now have the same hp (so wood actually has more than double when you count all layers!), is that on purpose? (old wood and reinforced both only had 200hp in vanilla, flagstone 500, adobe 1000)

The crowbar bug report I made earlier was outdated, cause I had missed the last update, sorry for that! I tried again on some workbenches and it mostly works now, except: the anvil doesn't return a crowbar, the burn barrel still can't be picked up (the crowbar breaks on it and nothing happens), and now the mortar/pestle can't be picked up either; same for the generator; and the stone mill gets destroyed instead of being picked up. Very strange one: the oil refinery model turns into a still model once it's placed down again.

Do you have a working example? As far as I know scrapping is based on the material and weight stated in the item's entry in items.xml. If I'm wrong I'd happily admit it, but I don't think I am.

Hmm, you might be right - I was thinking of how we use a wrench on parts and get various items returned. The code for scrapping is different.

How about this, scrap table workstation that uses items to make "disassembly instructions" for a TV (example). You lose the TV, gain the "disassembly instructions" - read them and get the various parts from 'scrapping'.

Hmm, you might be right - I was thinking of how we use a wrench on parts and get various items returned. The code for scrapping is different.

How about this, scrap table workstation that uses items to make "disassembly instructions" for a TV (example). You lose the TV, gain the "disassembly instructions" - read them and get the various parts from 'scrapping'.

The problem I see with this is that we'd have to lug all those new items home, to a workbench. The inventory space is so limited as is, I think scrapping on the fly is the only valid option, unless the backpack gets more slots.

I hope we steal this for us.

Love the new tomato icon, but I think the icon for m4a1 is wrong (I think it is SCAR on the icon).

Another option that Spider and I discussed was to allow the player to use a tool to pickup these types of containers and then use them rather than duplicating the containers as player made blocks. Block numbers are very limited, so this might be the way to go until A16.

Re the m4a1, I made a new one but Spider said he had one, but it does seem that old one is wrong afterall. I will send him the new one again. I also sent him 46 new game items, so be looking for them in a trash pile near you soon.

Another option that Spider and I discussed was to allow the player to use a tool to pickup these types of containers and then use them rather than duplicating the containers as player made blocks. Block numbers are very limited, so this might be the way to go until A16.

But then I see a problem the 'natural' containers have very limited storage space and not worth as furniture. And they are not lockable (not really a problem). And maybe they can be exploited if they spawn items, not sure about it though.

But then I see a problem the 'natural' containers have very limited storage space and not worth as furniture. And they are not lockable (not really a problem). And maybe they can be exploited if they spawn items, not sure about it though.

I thought limited storage options and sizes was part of the True Survival experience? Maybe I misunderstood.

I thought limited storage options and sizes was part of the True Survival experience? Maybe I misunderstood.

Dont get me wrong I think limited storage options are a good early game survival aspect, but over time it's nice to gain more options through unlocked recipies IMO, just like with building materials, weapons/tools, food, etc. Movin' on up keeps the game fresh.

Dont get me wrong I think limited storage options are a good early game survival aspect, but over time it's nice to gain more options through unlocked recipies IMO, just like with building materials, weapons/tools, food, etc. Movin' on up keeps the game fresh.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Archived