[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Within the realm of 'anything is possible' Could it also be modded so that a final crafted quality is decided by a simple calculation based on 2 skills ?

Again, possible. But the problem with those kind of ideas is they would require adding new XML features, different parsing mechanics, and not just co-opting an already existing (but largely unused) feature already in the game for a related, but different purpose. Damage Bonuses of 0 meaning that weapons actually don't do any damage was a simple 3 IL Instruction hack. Making blocks "hit back" was about 6 lines of C# and uses XML properties already in the game.

The kind of stuff you're asking would involve editing about 4 or 5 different functions in varying classes, all new behaviors and features, and could not be done through SDX since it's such baseline code.

I have a better shot of fixing the minibike bugs than I do of pulling that off... and that's slim.

- - - Updated - - -

Suggestion: Change the drying table into a hide drying rack like this.

Not only does it look more like something made from the items in the crafting recipe, but it would give your starting base a nice outdoors survival aesthetic.

I thought the same thing. Modelling is not my department, tho, and Unity resources are beyond my capacity to purchase. Have you seen any mods with something like this which could be used? Because I haven't.

I thought the same thing. Modelling is not my department, tho, and Unity resources are beyond my capacity to purchase. Have you seen any mods with something like this which could be used? Because I haven't.

I haven't seen any other mods with one, but if someone could find a fitting asset on the unity store I'd gladly cover the cost, if that's the only issue.

@Xamllew-

The Drying Rack is also used to make Sunflower Seeds and dry Pot and Tobacco so using the leather drying rack might not make since.

Re doing the Materials today. What should we hurt our hands when punching? everything but dirt , Plants and Cloth?

@Xamllew-

The Drying Rack is also used to make Sunflower Seeds and dry Pot and Tobacco so using the leather drying rack might not make since.

Re doing the Materials today. What should we hurt our hands when punching? everything but dirt , Plants and Cloth? Should some surfaces do more damage than others to hands?

Also since I can make the player do "0" damage to things now all these crazy hit point numbers on materials can be simplified. So open to suggestions. This is all work going toward A16 also. Preparing the mod for the update. If I missed one let me know but I think our new surface material groups will be-

Cloth

Logs

Wood

Scrap Iron

Iron

Steel

Sod

Cobblestone

Flagstone

Brick

Concrete

Reinforced Concrete

I think our new surface material groups will be-

Cloth

Logs

Wood

Scrap Iron

Iron

Steel

Sod

Cobblestone

Flagstone

Brick

Concrete

Reinforced Concrete

I would unite Cobblestone, Brick and Flagstone into one material with different textures a player can apply.

- - - Updated - - -

How will these new materials stand against zombies? Steel only 8 times stronger than wood?

So just do a Stone material then?

- - - Updated - - -

Suggested new block health points-

Cloth-25

Sod-50

Logs-75 (hurts hands ?)

Wood-100 (hurts hands ?)

Scrap Iron-200 (hurts hands)

Stone-400 (hurts hands)

Concrete-500 (hurts hands)

Reinforced Concrete -700 (hurts hands)

Steel-800 (hurts hands)

Hows that??

Should zombies hurt them self's hitting hard surfaces too?

unlike them-

I can control zombie hands just like a tool. Making them damage a specific material more or less. This is going to get interesting also, I have plans for night time zombies doing different damage to things than daytime.

Should zombies hurt them self's hitting hard surfaces too?

Probably not, but if so it should be an amount so low as to be similar to no. They seem just fine with arms and legs blown off, a damaged hand isnt going to make them less effective.

New Player Here

Hi i am new and i am trying your mod but some characters that keep standing in the middle of nowhere, their models keep flickering, the model skin disappear and reappear fast, is this a know bug?

can i change something to help?

i am running all max settings with just tree middle e reflections off

I reverted back to vanilla material hit points and I’ll adjust from there. I have it set up so punching anything hard give -2 damage to the player. You can still damage Wood by 1 but it also hurts you. Other hard surfaces receive no damage from being punched but still hurt the player’s hands.

wolverine576-

You do know you really only need one or 2 buckets filled. Then after you place them you can pick up one block of water and make four and keep going like that till you fill up your trenches. There is a rain collector that comes with the farming mod but its just a griefers wet dream for crashing servers. Its a block that contently spawns water on top of it. Just imagine some one placing one of those on top of your base. lol

Now that I'm thinking. Maybe we could use the Fermentation Barrel mesh and have it like a plant that has to be in light on dirt and idk maybe a few times a day can be used to get a pail of water? then it would revert to empty and start "growing" again

I reverted back to vanilla material hit points and I’ll adjust from there. I have it set up so punching anything hard give -2 damage to the player. You can still damage Wood by 1 but it also hurts you. Other hard surfaces receive no damage from being punched but still hurt the player’s hands.

wolverine576-

You do know you really only need one or 2 buckets filled. Then after you place them you can pick up one block of water and make four and keep going like that till you fill up your trenches. There is a rain collector that comes with the farming mod but its just a griefers wet dream for crashing servers. Its a block that contently spawns water on top of it. Just imagine some one placing one of those on top of your base. lol

Now that I'm thinking. Maybe we could use the Fermentation Barrel mesh and have it like a plant that has to be in light on dirt and idk maybe a few times a day can be used to get a pail of water? then it would revert to empty and start "growing" again

Ive not messed with water much in 7D, not moving it around much. Im not much for untouched farming. Would rather have to do it manually, for immersion, and sense of accomplishment, hence the barrel option. I like going out to get water, just not a have 10 buckets on me. Heck even a "cart" that we could pull, before we got minibike would be neat. Like a shopping basket on wheels, no motor. Thinking on your idea of, conjuring water, what about compost bin? Makes fertilizer. Just a few ideas ive had lol

You are on the right track for all the damage to player ideas, keep rolling with it. As for zombies taking damage, maybe have them break their hands, or dismember arms, but a low chance. SO a player doesn't just let that zombie beat on the wall, thinking, it will kill itself.

wolverine576-

One needs to be careful picking up water that way. I'm not sure exactly the combination of events, but on my dedicated server, if I dump 1 bucket of water in a space then pick it up again I get a massive client side error and water spout artifacts nearby. The waterspout artifacts are a bear to remove, I have had to use PRender to replace the water blocks with air but at times they just return. It doesnt happen on POI water sources, just player made.

I would unite Cobblestone, Brick and Flagstone into one material with different textures a player can apply.

At first I was like: Nah. But then I remembered Alpha 16, and future proofing. To him, they're already like that, he's said. But personally, I like having three. I would rebalance those three differently. I have been testing in my personal installation:

Flagstone is simple, basic stuff you can craft just with some small stones and mud, but it has the same basic hit points as regular stone.

Bricks require a skill and a forge (since there is no kiln), and are given at the same time you can make basic cement. They have double the hitpoints of stone.

Cobblestone requires you have the cement mixer as a tumbler and cement. They're much stronger, 3x stone.

All upgrade to concrete, and not to each other.

It kind of mirrors reality, and the technological ages where these things became available. Plus it makes flagstone something you might actually craft. Maybe reverse the logic with Flagstone and Brick, maybe require the lowest level to use some early workstation. Either way, Flagstone as it is now is pretty pointless.

I like your thinking on that Jeo, makes sense. As a style preference, I never understood how you could simply upgrade blocks to concrete just by pointing cement at them. I get that some people don't want to bother smashing out a block and then replace it with an advanced block, but to me its part of the immersion. I'd love to see it so if you break down a cobblestone block you get much of the material back to remake a concrete block. Recycle/reuse. Maybe make a decon tool that quickly recycle player made blocks that are not protected. I'm probably the only one who would want this though, but my preference is for a more realistic simulation whenever technically possible.

Archived