[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Hi there, i am newbie in TS and oh man, i am ♥♥♥♥ed up from every source in the game :D Everything want me dead :D But back to reason why i am here. I need some tips how to farm iron, I want to start make better stuff and some items need like 1200 iron wtf :D (anvil). And my current chopping tool is stone axe :D so best way how to farm iron ? Thx for any suggestion or tips or for some tips and tricks video for TS. :)

To farm iron in large amounts in the early game you really need to get a wrench. Either pick a profession that starts with one or go searching for them in kitchen and bathroom sinks. With the wrench you can disassemble cars and metal shelves (big Shamway stores have 12k or so iron in the metal shelves alone). Once you have wrenches its fairly easy to gather large amounts of iron if you know what to gather from.

To farm iron in large amounts in the early game you really need to get a wrench. Either pick a profession that starts with one or go searching for them in kitchen and bathroom sinks. With the wrench you can disassemble cars and metal shelves (big Shamway stores have 12k or so iron in the metal shelves alone). Once you have wrenches its fairly easy to gather large amounts of iron if you know what to gather from.

Ok, so get wrench and go grind iron :D I was just curious if there is some special method for this mod. I already pick a different profession so this isnt solution and hell no i will not start again :D Luckyli i just found one wrench (poor one) but still better something then nothing :D Thx for tip, time to find some hotel with many rooms in it, wrench gold mine (maybe) :D

Hello,

is there a way to get this mod work on my linux dedi ?

Here's what I do:

Install the 7dtd dedicated server from Steam. Move these files to another directory.

Unzip the TS Server files into the same directory, overwriting everything.

Edit the serverconfig.xml and 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/settings.ini to suit. (Or overwrite with backups.)

Start the server with 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -sdxconfig=/path/to/settings.ini -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Or... if you want it to run in the background use this (after changing the paths of course):

nohup /home/piist/7/7\ Days\ to\ Die\ Dedicated\ Server/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -sdxconfig=/home/piist/7/7\ Days\ To\ Die\ Dedicated\ Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\settings.ini -configfile=serverconfig.xml &>/dev/null &

Crowbar

Having an issue with the crowbar; previously, it was working. one hit, and the work station came up to be moved. But now; for some reason [no idea, haven't changed my versions, still on 15.2 b8 with the version of true survival for that], It doesn't pick up work stations, only damages them. [i tried it on my research table, didn't pick it up only damaged it, so I took the research table down to 1hp, to see if it was a 'last hit' kind of thing, the crowbar didn't give the research table, only wood. So I scrapped that crowbar, and made a new one; tried to move the anvil, same behavior [though I didn't break the anvil for obvious reasons.] Anyone encountered this before, know how to fix it?

[Also, I've attached a flashlight to a crossbow, but it doesn't seem to work]

Note: No longer need the help, scanned the forums about the recent commits, and noticed the change to the way the crowbar worked. I hadn't updated recently, but I did do, and the change in mechanic fixed the issue. that is a cool way of doing it, by the way. :3

Some clarifications on how to get this working on Linux would indeed be great, been trying for ages now to get it starting on the server,

I'm a linux noob, but the serverowner refuses to use Windows as a gameserver since 'Linux is just as simple' anyhows...

I have full remote user access to the server via SSH, using putty and WinSCP to copy and config stuffs.

I start with copying the steam dedicated folder into my home folder

Then I have uploaded the mod files (server version) and overwritten the files.

After that I change the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/settings.ini file to read:

TargetDir=/home/holo/7dTargetName=7 Days To Die

(my home folder is holo, and the dedicated server folder is called 7d)

(Is it supposed to look like that with TargetName coming right after the path?)

and thanks to Piist a few posts up, I have altered the startserver.sh file where it launches to read :

./7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -sdxconfig=/home/holo/7d/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/settings.ini -logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__`date +%Y-%m-%d__%H-%M-%S`.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -dedicated $PARAMS

But still the logfile reads:

Platform assembly: /home/holo/7d/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mods.dll (this message is harmless)

SDX: Could not find bundle 'paprika'

and there starts coming up block errors and stuff, Up to this point it seems like most have loaded ok, even getting the lines

2017-05-13T12:21:31 0,631 INF [MODS] Start loading

2017-05-13T12:21:31 0,632 INF [MODS] Trying to load from SDX

2017-05-13T12:21:31 0,651 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: True Survival (1)

2017-05-13T12:21:31 0,651 INF [MODS] Loading done

I have checked the Mods folder and is has SDX/Resources/paprika.unity3d asset in place (aswell as the rest of the files and folders)

Don't want to waste more hours on this, so asking for guidance from the more Linux-ish kinda people around!

/Holo

hi i've been trying to join the server and typed "spider" as password but i says wrong password

Spider's True Survival Server is closed to the public as he tests new elements to the mod for the A16 refreshment.

- - - Updated - - -

Some clarifications on how to get this working on Linux would indeed be great, been trying for ages now to get it starting on the server,

I'm a linux noob, but the serverowner refuses to use Windows as a gameserver since 'Linux is just as simple' anyhows...

I have full remote user access to the server via SSH, using putty and WinSCP to copy and config stuffs.

After that I change the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/settings.ini file to read:

and thanks to Piist a few posts up, I have altered the startserver.sh file where it launches to read :

./7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -sdxconfig=/home/holo/7d/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/settings.ini -logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__`date +%Y-%m-%d__%H-%M-%S`.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -dedicated $PARAMS

Platform assembly: /home/holo/7d/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mods.dll (this message is harmless)

and there starts coming up block errors and stuff, Up to this point it seems like most have loaded ok, even getting the lines

I have checked the Mods folder and is has SDX/Resources/paprika.unity3d asset in place (aswell as the rest of the files and folders)

Don't want to waste more hours on this, so asking for guidance from the more Linux-ish kinda people around!

/Holo

What are your contents of the settings.ini?

/Holo

Make sure the settings.ini is 3 separate lines, and not one like you pasted. Also, you might want to run dos2unix on it if you are editing it in notepad or similar in Windows.

These are identical files visually in many text editors, although the one from Windows has Line Feeds at the end of each line which can be problematic sometimes in linux.

[piist@zed ~]$ cp settings.ini settings2.ini

[piist@zed ~]$ dos2unix settings2.ini

dos2unix: converting file settings2.ini to Unix format...

[piist@zed ~]$ file set*

settings.ini: ASCII text, with CRLF, LF line terminators

settings2.ini: ASCII text

[piist@zed ~]$ cat settings.ini

[Main]

TargetDir=/home/piist/7/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server

TargetName=7 Days To Die

[piist@zed ~]$

[piist@zed ~]$

[piist@zed ~]$ cat settings2.ini

[Main]

TargetDir=/home/piist/7/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server

TargetName=7 Days To Die

[piist@zed ~]$

What are your contents of the settings.ini?

I have used both the layout it has when coming straight out of the zip file :

[Main]

and also tried to alter it to read :

[Main]

TargetDir=/home/holo/7d

TargetName=7 Days To Die

I have checked the configfiles with nano and cat aswell to see if there is anything odd, but they seem to be ok, using WinSCP's builtin edit function to edit the files.

I have used both the layout it has when coming straight out of the zip file :

[Main]

and also tried to alter it to read :

[Main]

TargetDir=/home/holo/7d

TargetName=7 Days To Die

I have checked the configfiles with nano and cat aswell to see if there is anything odd, but they seem to be ok, using WinSCP's builtin edit function to edit the files.

Can you post your entire output log file?

Is there a way to find out what version im playing? I installed it before 10/05 update using mod launcher but dont know if it updates the mod while starting the game.

The Mod Launcher will auto-update as soon as you hit the Play button. I don't think Spider versions the mod, so I'm not sure if there's any true way of telling. But, as designed, the mod launcher will update :)

Here's the most recent log

https://pastebin.com/qrgwsSCR

I did a recopy of the steam 7 days dedicated server to my home/7server and tried to launch it before i copied in the truesurvivalsdx-server files, and it worked then, but as soon as the sdxfiles are copied in, errors occurs.

/Holo

It doesn't look like SDX is initializing at all.

Could you run this command, and upload it to pastebin?

In your 7 Days To Die folder...

find ./ -type f &> FileList.txt

It doesn't look like SDX is initializing at all.

Could you run this command, and upload it to pastebin?

In your 7 Days To Die folder...

find ./ -type f &> FileList.txt

Yes, here's the list. https://pastebin.com/g8kVWqYZ

Wish I could just host this on my own windows server, but my ♥♥♥♥ty 1mbit upload can only handle one player and me online at once :(

/Holo

The sdx.xml... what is that file? Is that suppose to the Config.xml? SDX looks for Config.xml specifically.

it's the copy of serverconfig.xml, with the same settings I used on my windows machine for a map,

i copied it to serverconfig.xml and tried relaunch, but same issues again :(

/Holo

it's the copy of serverconfig.xml, with the same settings I used on my windows machine for a map,

i copied it to serverconfig.xml and tried relaunch, but same issues again :(

/Holo

okay, no problem. You are missing the Config.xml file from the repo though. It needs to go in the same folder as the 7daystodie binary.

BUGS?

1. A 520 shovel one shots dirt(200hp) but it two hits gravel at 150hp. I guess that could be by design but I'll report it anyway. Just in case.

2. Also, the plains grass that's in the forest biomes has 250hp and normal dirt has 200hp. Again, could be by design. But I can't be the only one that thinks that's weird.

3. A damaged, wood upgraded rebar frame, takes wood to repair instead of the planks.

I've reported these before, but no one replied to me telling me that there are intended or not. So I think the post was just missed. Sorry if I am mistaken.

On a side note, I vote for a new desert biome maybe an irradiated desert?

BUGS?

1. A 520 shovel one shots dirt(200hp) but it two hits gravel at 150hp. I guess that could be by design but I'll report it anyway. Just in case.

2. Also, the plains grass that's in the forest biomes has 250hp and normal dirt has 200hp. Again, could be by design. But I can't be the only one that thinks that's weird.

3. A damaged, wood upgraded rebar frame, takes wood to repair instead of the planks.

I've reported these before, but no one replied to me telling me that there are intended or not. So I think the post was just missed. Sorry if I am mistaken.

On a side note, I vote for a new desert biome maybe an irradiated desert?

1. What king of shovel? Stone, Steel?

2. That's the way its setup in Vanilla. Not sure why grass has a LPHardnessScale of 4 when dirt is only 2.

3. Should be planks, will fix in next patch - Good catch.

1. What king of shovel? Stone, Steel?

2. That's the way its setup in Vanilla. Not sure why grass has a LPHardnessScale of 4 when dirt is only 2.

3. Should be planks, will fix in next patch - Good catch.

Iron shovel and the regular bandage and first aid bandage says it removes "Dirty Bandage", but doesn't. I could have sworn that it used to remove Dirty bandage, but maybe I'm crazy.\

Hi!

I am trying out this mod due to bored of Valmod/Vanilla gameplay so i got a problem.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not but here goes:

I found some survivors so i hit them to interact with them and get them to follow me, then i encounter a zombie but they are just staring at eachother, one of the survivors and the zombie and the zombie tries to attack but unable to land hits on the survivor, the survivor just stands there and doesn't do anything.

Is this Working as intended or a bug/problem with my installation of the mod?

I thought after watching some True Survival SDX that they were always supposed to attack incoming zombies but that maybe got updated to not do that to make it even harder?

Hi!

I am trying out this mod due to bored of Valmod/Vanilla gameplay so i got a problem.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not but here goes:

I found some survivors so i hit them to interact with them and get them to follow me, then i encounter a zombie but they are just staring at eachother, one of the survivors and the zombie and the zombie tries to attack but unable to land hits on the survivor, the survivor just stands there and doesn't do anything.

Is this Working as intended or a bug/problem with my installation of the mod?

I thought after watching some True Survival SDX that they were always supposed to attack incoming zombies but that maybe got updated to not do that to make it even harder?

Sometimes they are glitched or due to his broken weapon he isnt able to land hit. On the otherside zombie may be in wrong position and he tries to land hit but he cant reach (reasons :D ) try to find another one survivor. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Not a big deal, your installation is fine.

Archived