War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Does this mod change the roaming hordes ?

I decided to give Navezgane a go again until your new version is released.. (btw I saw at least 3 bandits in Diersville, they were spread out from each other as I passed by the edge of the town on day 1, all with shotguns shooting at the zombies, it was cool to sit and watch for a sec)

Anyway, after the day 7 horde came and went I have been getting hordes through each of the nights after night 7 and each horde contains at least 1 spider...

Is this part of he mod ?

Edit: on something like day 9 or 10 I was looting the working stiff just outside of Diersville when my frames per second dropped to 5 for a few seconds and a null ref showed, I hit esc and carried on as the frames were back to 60.

I didnt post a log as I played for another 2 ingame days, so I didnt know if the log would have been relevant after waiting so long after the null ref..

Edited by TempusFugit (see edit history)

Does this mod change the roaming hordes ?

I decided to give Navezgane a go again until your new version is released.. (btw I saw at least 3 bandits in Diersville, they were spread out from each other as I passed by the edge of the town on day 1, all with shotguns shooting at the zombies, it was cool to sit and watch for a sec)

Anyway, after the day 7 horde came and went I have been getting hordes through each of the nights after night 7 and each horde contains at least 1 spider...

Is this part of he mod ?

Edit: on something like day 9 or 10 I was looting the working stiff just outside of Diersville when my frames per second dropped to 5 for a few seconds and a null ref showed, I hit esc and carried on as the frames were back to 60.

I didnt post a log as I played for another 2 ingame days, so I didnt know if the log would have been relevant after waiting so long after the null ref..

As far as I can remember I haven't changed too much if at all yet for Random Roaming Hordes.

Weird that you got bandits in Diersville, don't think that is intended.

Im sat watching your first upload of 4.3.0, im at 27 mins in and Im salivating xD

The new poi at 27mins looks amazing, and venizon and chicken meat...

Release the kraken already !!!

In all seriousness, I cant wait to play, looking forward for when it is released.

hehe, ya its coming soon....Still got some bugs to work out.

Hey guys,

As of right now the Estimate for V4.3 should be around Friday or so. Depending on how testing goes this week with the final Features and Changes Complete. Survivors are going in my latest Test Build and if they act alright then they will remain in for the release. If any bugs come up with them they will be pulled.

Again this is only a estimate this can change and be postponed or may even come out a little closer if all things go alright

Love the mod.

I just wanted to add that I tested a RAM disk to see if there was any impact on recipe load speed. None.

The existing tips (use favourites) are really the best workarounds. If you have the item in your inventory, sometimes it's much quicker to click it and then choose recipes from it's menu. Especially something like arrow heads.

Still wondering if there's a way to grind zinc/process copper? I assume it's not just added without a purpose and that I merely need to get out and read more recipes.

Searching online finds people asking the same question or asking why they don't get the special ores with some pickaxes but never explains how to process the ores.

Love the mod.

I just wanted to add that I tested a RAM disk to see if there was any impact on recipe load speed. None.

The existing tips (use favourites) are really the best workarounds. If you have the item in your inventory, sometimes it's much quicker to click it and then choose recipes from it's menu. Especially something like arrow heads.

Still wondering if there's a way to grind zinc/process copper? I assume it's not just added without a purpose and that I merely need to get out and read more recipes.

Searching online finds people asking the same question or asking why they don't get the special ores with some pickaxes but never explains how to process the ores.

V4.3 recipe loading feels faster to me so far during testing. Those ores zinc and copper are in the ground. I have found plenty near bedrock.

So, a couple things I've found after installing this mod the other day on my wife and my computers in a local multiplayer environment. Lag, lag, lag... a lot of it for both of us. Especially while in crafting/inventory. This is the worst of it. Also, near the end of my last play session, I was getting these strange 'green color walls'. Hard to explain this. I was in a bomb shelter and as I approached the back wall where the kitchen area was, a green curtain wall appeared in front of the kitchen fridge and cupboards. It then disappeared when I got very close. same thing happened on the left wall of the pantry. Very Strange. And it has never happened in non-mod setup. (This is not on a dedi server, although while running a quick test on a dedi server, I also seemed to have the same lag).

Is this uncommon?

Im posting this in both dwallorde's war of the walkers thread and sphereii's mod launcher thread...

I got back to playing my war of the walkers world after the 15.2 fun pimps update..

I started overheating, even in the snow biome I was hitting 43c (going by google that is around 109f)..

I decided too try a new world but had the same result.

I noticed on the description section of the mod launcher that it reads as War of The Walkers alpha 15.1 version, does dwallorde have to contact sphereii to upgrade to each latest version of the game ?

Anyway, I though I'd let you guys know the situation.

Im posting this in both dwallorde's war of the walkers thread and sphereii's mod launcher thread...

I got back to playing my war of the walkers world after the 15.2 fun pimps update..

I started overheating, even in the snow biome I was hitting 43c (going by google that is around 109f)..

I decided too try a new world but had the same result.

I noticed on the description section of the mod launcher that it reads as War of The Walkers alpha 15.1 version, does dwallorde have to contact sphereii to upgrade to each latest version of the game ?

Anyway, I though I'd let you guys know the situation.

Fixed the download link. You should be good to go. Whether that resolves your issue or not, I'm not sure :)

V4.3 recipe loading feels faster to me so far during testing. Those ores zinc and copper are in the ground. I have found plenty near bedrock.

I must be misunderstanding. This is the same answer I see posted to the question when I search via google.

I have farmed some 'COPPER FRAGMENT' (Orange/red crystal) and some 'ZINC FRAGMENT' but putting it in the forge didn't do anything/none of the forges have 'copper/zinc' counters. I can't grind it either as there's no recipes?

I can scrap the copper fragment into 'COPPER' which looks like some copper wire. This item also has no recipes.

I've hit tungsten/lead at the bottom of the map, but I get all my brass from picking through garbage and salvaging.

I must be misunderstanding. This is the same answer I see posted to the question when I search via google.

I have farmed some 'COPPER FRAGMENT' (Orange/red crystal) and some 'ZINC FRAGMENT' but putting it in the forge didn't do anything/none of the forges have 'copper/zinc' counters. I can't grind it either as there's no recipes?

I can scrap the copper fragment into 'COPPER' which looks like some copper wire. This item also has no recipes.

I've hit tungsten/lead at the bottom of the map, but I get all my brass from picking through garbage and salvaging.

Scrap brass recipe is in campfire I think but for sure chemistry station. Those materials arent forgable.

Hey dwallorde,

Could you confirm whether v4.3 of your mod will be compatible with "Gnamod World ONLY"?

I am waiting for the release of your new version to start your mod and would love to check out GNA at the same time for better "random generation" unless, of course, you also tweak random generation to improve the vanilla experience?

Hey dwallorde,

Could you confirm whether v4.3 of your mod will be compatible with "Gnamod World ONLY"?

I am waiting for the release of your new version to start your mod and would love to check out GNA at the same time for better "random generation" unless, of course, you also tweak random generation to improve the vanilla experience?

You will have to use the v4.3.0 without the prefabs for that. Not sureally about that mod. Haven't followed it.

You will have to use the v4.3.0 without the prefabs for that. Not sureally about that mod. Haven't followed it.

No worries, I'm looking forward to your release and do want to check out all the added prefabs, so maybe I'll play around with both options and see which I like best.

I'll wait patiently for 4.3. :)

Hey guys,

As of right now the Estimate for V4.3 should be around Friday or so. Depending on how testing goes this week with the final Features and Changes Complete. Survivors are going in my latest Test Build and if they act alright then they will remain in for the release. If any bugs come up with them they will be pulled.

Again this is only a estimate this can change and be postponed or may even come out a little closer if all things go alright

Hey Dwallorde, greetings from Argentina.

Any ETA for 4.3?? :pirate::love-struck: