War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Okay, I got it working. I added this:

<!-- AI properties -->
<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="30"/>
<property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTargetNPC" param1="EntityAlive" />
<property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachSpot" />
<property name="AITask-4" value="Wander" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />
<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityPlayer" />
<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntitySurvivor" />
<property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />
<property name="AITarget-5" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityPlayer" />
<property name="AITarget-6" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntitySurvivor" />
<property name="CorpseBlock" value="RangedBanditCorpse"/>

I would have assumed it would inherit these things from BanditRanged, but I guess not, since it works now and didn't work before.

Hello! I run this on my server and everyone is having a lot of fun with this mod! Adds so much to the game :)

Some things noticed:

• Tungsten smelting in forge errors the forge (Index out of range exception: array index out of range) and cannot be opened until the wood is done burning out.
  • Twine is way way way too hard to find, we are on day 43 and have found 3 pieces of twine (you need 10 for most things)
  • Twine should be craftable
  • Zinc is way too hard to find. Non stop scavenging with 4 people on server has yielded 28 zinc.
  • Clothing cannot be crafted. Doesn't work in the Tailoring workstation or Clothing workstation.
  • (This may have been fixed in the newest update) Rest level 20 and well rested never go away no matter how long you are away from your bed (ie - I mined for 5 days and nights and was still at 20 Rest level and well rested)

Hello! I run this on my server and everyone is having a lot of fun with this mod! Adds so much to the game :)

Some things noticed:

• Tungsten smelting in forge errors the forge (Index out of range exception: array index out of range) and cannot be opened until the wood is done burning out.
  • Twine is way way way too hard to find, we are on day 43 and have found 3 pieces of twine (you need 10 for most things)
  • Zinc is way too hard to find. Non stop scavenging with 4 people on server has yielded 28 zinc.
  • Clothing cannot be crafted. Doesn't work in the Tailoring workstation or Clothing workstation.
  • (This may have been fixed in the newest update) Rest level 20 and well rested never go away no matter how long you are away from your bed (ie - I mined for 5 days and nights and was still at 20 Rest level and well rested)

I am on day 4 SP and I have found 17 Zinc so far. Mostly in cabinets at the hotel.

I thought the same, which is why I added a recipe for it.

You can add this:

<recipe name="Twine" count="1" craft_area="TailorsWorkStation">
<ingredient name="cottonPlant" count="2"/>
</recipe>

to the end of your recipes.xml, right before the:

</recipes>

It may need to be a bit more expensive. I have not really played around with it. Just increase the 2 cotton required if you think it's too cheap.

I also made changes to the rest system to be time dependent.

Basically, once you are on Level 20, it will slowly go down over a period of 20 in game hours to level 1.

Let me know if you would like the changes to the rest system and I will post that as well.

Edited by AlienZ (see edit history)

Twine and Tungsten - Are there any planned fixes for these two items?

We can't get Tungsten to go into the forge, which has been posted about already. In addition, the drop rate for twine is insanely low - a group of 4 of us play on a server, and in a week of scavenging we've only found 3 twine. Any plan to change this?

Thanks.

I don't know if this is server specific, because I play SP, but tungsten works fine:

Untitled.jpg.e811c81558bf22aefeff7509d062592f.jpg

See my previous post for a twine recipe.

Okay, I got it working. I added this:

<!-- AI properties -->
<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="30"/>
<property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTargetNPC" param1="EntityAlive" />
<property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachSpot" />
<property name="AITask-4" value="Wander" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />
<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityPlayer" />
<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntitySurvivor" />
<property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />
<property name="AITarget-5" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityPlayer" />
<property name="AITarget-6" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntitySurvivor" />
<property name="CorpseBlock" value="RangedBanditCorpse"/>

I would have assumed it would inherit these things from BanditRanged, but I guess not, since it works now and didn't work before.

Yes it should inherit the AI Properties. Idk why their is a issue with Sherry, The others seems to be working. I will look into it

Some things noticed:

-Tungsten Smithing error is a weird one. I had it once in V3 but not yet in V4. Can't find a way to reproduce it to fix it.

-Twine can be tweaked a bit. I think its mainly in garbage containers Loots

-Twine Recipe...Maybe....

-Clothing? Cloth Armor, Clothing as in T-Shirts? I am pretty sure I removed some clothing recipes but most are their and require Clothing Workstation. Recipes will need to be learned.

-Rest Level 20 and staying is a hit or a miss case. I never had it during all my test games...Once I released it I got that issue. Couldn't find whats causing it, but I found that dying and resetting it fixes it. Well Rested Staying on is another one I am getting.

You can add this:

<recipe name="Twine" count="1" craft_area="TailorsWorkStation">
<ingredient name="cottonPlant" count="2"/>
</recipe>

to the end of your recipes.xml, right before the:

</recipes>

It may need to be a bit more expensive. I have not really played around with it. Just increase the 2 cotton required if you think it's too cheap.

I also made changes to the rest system to be time dependent.

Basically, once you are on Level 20, it will slowly go down over a period of 20 in game hours to level 1.

Let me know if you would like the changes to the rest system and I will post that as well.

ya show me your code that you used so I can reference it

is this ui still possible? Will it work if i just dropped it in my walkers folder? Or have you made significant changes to the ui since he made that.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57277-DUST-s-UI-HUD-Collection-REQUESTS&p=558522&viewfull=1#post558522

In his Zompact ui Dust2Death stated that his other 2 ui's are compatible, so I guess it should be if this is one of the other two :p

EDIT:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?53886-UI-Zompact-Overhaul-A15&p=586589&viewfull=1#post586589

Edited by AlienZ (see edit history)

ya show me your code that you used so I can reference it

I'm merely a tweaker and not a modder by any means, so I'm sure you can refine this to be more elegant :)

Here you go:

<buff id="GainRest" buffif="CTRbed greater 0;CTRbedroll greater 0;CTRbigbed greater 0" debuffif="CTRbed less 1;CTRbedroll less 1;CTRbigbed less 1" duration="0" actions="increment(rest, 2, 1t, 0, 0);max(rest, 100)" type="speedmodifier"/>

<buff id="RestSet" duration="1" actions="setvar(rest, 100)" type="speedmodifier"/>

<buff id="RestReset" duration="1" actions="setvar(rest, 1)" type="speedmodifier"/>

<buff id="Rested" mutex="WellRested" buffif="rest greater 50" debuffif="rest less 51;rest greater 75" actions="increment(@wellness, 0.5, 100t, 0, 1)"
icon="RestedIcon" type="speedmodifier" name_key="Rested" description_key="You are Rested" tooltip_key="You are Rested">
<modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount="1" rate="1"/>
<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" setValue="1.1"/>
</buff>

<buff id="WellRested" buffif="rest greater 75" debuffif="rest less 76" actions="increment(@wellness, 1, 100t, 0 , 2)"
icon="WellRestedIcon" type="speedmodifier" name_key="WellRested" description_key="You are Well Rested and Ready to Roll" tooltip_key="You are Well Rested">
<modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount="1" rate="1"/>
<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" setValue="1.2"/>
</buff>

<buff id="Tired" buffif="rest less 20" debuffif="rest lequal 11;rest greater 25" actions="increment(@wellness, -0.5, 200t, 0, 1)"
icon="TiredIcon" type="speedmodifier" name_key="Tired" description_key="You are getting tired, Get some rest" tooltip_key="You are getting Tired">
<modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount="-1" rate="2"/>
<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" setValue="0.95"/>
</buff>

<buff id="Exhausted" buffif="rest less 10" debuffif="rest greater 10" actions="increment(@wellness, -1, 100t, 0, 1)"
icon="ExhaustedIcon" type="speedmodifier" name_key="Exhausted" description_key="You are Exhausted, Get some rest!" tooltip_key="You are Exhausted">
<modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount="-1" rate="1"/>
<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" setValue="0.85"/>
</buff>

<buff id="showrestlevel1" buffif="rest gequal 1" name_key="Rest Level 0" icon="zzzRestIconL0" description_key="Your Rest Level is 0" duration="100t" tooltip_key="Rest Level 0 Reached" type="speedmodifier" actions="setvar(rest, 1)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel2" buffif="rest gequal 5" debuffif="rest lequal 4" name_key="Rest Level 1" icon="zzzRestIconL1" description_key="Your Rest Level is 1" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel1" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel1" actions="setvar(rest, 5)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel3" buffif="rest gequal 10" debuffif="rest lequal 9" name_key="Rest Level 2" icon="zzzRestIconL2" description_key="Your Rest Level is 2" duration="100t" tooltip_key="Rest Level 2 Reached" overrides="showrestlevel2" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel2" actions="setvar(rest, 10)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel4" buffif="rest gequal 15" debuffif="rest lequal 14" name_key="Rest Level 3" icon="zzzRestIconL3" description_key="Your Rest Level is 3" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel3" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel3" actions="setvar(rest, 15)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel5" buffif="rest gequal 20" debuffif="rest lequal 19" name_key="Rest Level 4" icon="zzzRestIconL4" description_key="Your Rest Level is 4" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel4" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel4" actions="setvar(rest, 20)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel6" buffif="rest gequal 25" debuffif="rest lequal 24" name_key="Rest Level 5" icon="zzzRestIconL5" description_key="Your Rest Level is 5" duration="100t" tooltip_key="Rest Level 5 Reached" overrides="showrestlevel5" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel5" actions="setvar(rest, 25)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel7" buffif="rest gequal 30" debuffif="rest lequal 29" name_key="Rest Level 6" icon="zzzRestIconL6" description_key="Your Rest Level is 6" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel6" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel6" actions="setvar(rest, 30)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel8" buffif="rest gequal 35" debuffif="rest lequal 34" name_key="Rest Level 7" icon="zzzRestIconL7" description_key="Your Rest Level is 7" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel7" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel7" actions="setvar(rest, 35)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel9" buffif="rest gequal 40" debuffif="rest lequal 39" name_key="Rest Level 8" icon="zzzRestIconL8" description_key="Your Rest Level is 8" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel8" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel8" actions="setvar(rest, 40)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel10" buffif="rest gequal 45" debuffif="rest lequal 44" name_key="Rest Level 9" icon="zzzRestIconL9" description_key="Your Rest Level is 9" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel9" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel9" actions="setvar(rest, 45);debuff(Rested)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel11" buffif="rest gequal 50" debuffif="rest lequal 49" name_key="Rest Level 10" icon="zzzRestIconL10" description_key="Your Rest Level is 10" duration="100t" tooltip_key="Rest Level 10 Reached" overrides="showrestlevel10" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel10" actions="setvar(rest, 50)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel12" buffif="rest gequal 55" debuffif="rest lequal 54" name_key="Rest Level 11" icon="zzzRestIconL11" description_key="Your Rest Level is 11" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel11" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel11" actions="setvar(rest, 55)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel13" buffif="rest gequal 60" debuffif="rest lequal 59" name_key="Rest Level 12" icon="zzzRestIconL12" description_key="Your Rest Level is 12" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel12" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel12" actions="setvar(rest, 60)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel14" buffif="rest gequal 65" debuffif="rest lequal 64" name_key="Rest Level 13" icon="zzzRestIconL13" description_key="Your Rest Level is 13" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel13" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel13" actions="setvar(rest, 65)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel15" buffif="rest gequal 70" debuffif="rest lequal 69" name_key="Rest Level 14" icon="zzzRestIconL14" description_key="Your Rest Level is 14" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel14" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel14" actions="setvar(rest, 70)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel16" buffif="rest gequal 75" debuffif="rest lequal 74" name_key="Rest Level 15" icon="zzzRestIconL15" description_key="Your Rest Level is 15" duration="100t" tooltip_key="Rest Level 15 Reached" overrides="showrestlevel15" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel15" actions="setvar(rest, 75)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel17" buffif="rest gequal 80" debuffif="rest lequal 79" name_key="Rest Level 16" icon="zzzRestIconL16" description_key="Your Rest Level is 16" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel16" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel16" actions="setvar(rest, 80)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel18" buffif="rest gequal 85" debuffif="rest lequal 84" name_key="Rest Level 17" icon="zzzRestIconL17" description_key="Your Rest Level is 17" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel17" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel17" actions="setvar(rest, 85)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel19" buffif="rest gequal 90" debuffif="rest lequal 89" name_key="Rest Level 18" icon="zzzRestIconL18" description_key="Your Rest Level is 18" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel18" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel18" actions="setvar(rest, 90)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel20" buffif="rest gequal 95" debuffif="rest lequal 94" name_key="Rest Level 19" icon="zzzRestIconL19" description_key="Your Rest Level is 19" duration="100t" overrides="showrestlevel19" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel19" actions="setvar(rest, 95)"/>

<buff id="showrestlevel21" buffif="rest gequal 100" debuffif="rest lequal 99" name_key="Rest Level 20" icon="zzzRestIconL20" description_key="Your Rest Level is 20" duration="100t" tooltip_key="Rest Level 20 Reached" overrides="showrestlevel20" type="speedmodifier" onexpired="showrestlevel20" actions="setvar(rest, 100)"/>

Question for Dwallorde or anyone else that can answer. How hard is it to find fishing worms? Dug up over 2000 dirt and have yet to find any worms for fishing.

That is odd. Either you got really bad luck or something is wonky. Are you using only my mod? Your digging actual dirt right? Not sand or gravel?

That is odd. Either you got really bad luck or something is wonky. Are you using only my mod? Your digging actual dirt right? Not sand or gravel?

Your mod only and it is a fresh game with your newest update. Yep it is dirt. I have only dug up the first layer so maybe if I go down a layer or 2 it might make a difference, but yea, I thought it was odd that no worms, that's why I thought I would ask.

I have a few treasure chests to go dig up, so maybe I will hit some then. I have only been digging for my base at this point.

Your mod only and it is a fresh game with your newest update. Yep it is dirt. I have only dug up the first layer so maybe if I go down a layer or 2 it might make a difference, but yea, I thought it was odd that no worms, that's why I thought I would ask.

I have a few treasure chests to go dig up, so maybe I will hit some then. I have only been digging for my base at this point.

Ya actually it may only be the dirt below the grassy levels.

Dig for clay you will find a bunch of worms!

Amazing!! Thank you so much! This is awesome, now I can craft white pants lol ;)

-Tungsten Smithing error is a weird one. I had it once in V3 but not yet in V4. Can't find a way to reproduce it to fix it.

We figured out the exact issue. The forge has to be crafted (or set down) after the mod is installed. The forges we were using were pre-mod forges. Thank you for looking in to that!