RGMIXER.XML Edits

DurtySonuva

I was having the same issue that Haidrgna had, in that it would start freaking out the chunk gen in A15 once I started to go beyond 10k. I just decided to try it again since (for me) 15.1 was operating better.

I also believe the default 10k map size is more than enough but ehh I also like pushing things too see what I have to play with as well.

Well we can (for those that desire) again go beyond 20k

Adjust: <ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="0" terrain_generator="vanilla"> (top of the rwgmixer.xml)

and: (towards the bottom of the same .xml in the biomes area) remove the rad barrier

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">

<distance_from_center range="10000,20000"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

Note* After 20k The shakes get a bit more pronounced and keep growing in intensity at about every 5k mark.

You will not be able to use the in game map or the preview map you will need to go minecraft style and use the coords.

I have traveled to the 30k mark and could have kept going.

Everything will still continue to generate (roads,poi's ect,.)

Note2* to use the in-game map you will need to set a size limit but the in game map has a limit also on how much info it will retain.

One day, i was carried away on a 70k.... the shaking was such that i, during the return, walked breaking the legs.

Remember, it was a glitch, it seems to A12 - after the death of the devils dragged the player through the world with great speed until he respawns :D

Yes indeed...the huge world is not often required.... But, do You remember the smell of freedom....;) ?

No, i wasn't trying to limit the player with an increase radiation. I only stopped generating POI after a certain distance from the beginning of the radiation biome. Simply,the idea is that the player has no reason to go further.

Yes, i made a small level of radiation, and now can walk there around in hazmat. Also radiation biomes spawn among the main with a small probability :)

The ruined city on the edge of the world...

Alpha_15.1_2016-12-09_23-07-58.jpg.f6e2b6323cfe10761db13985b722c6e7.jpg

Alpha_15.1_2016-12-09_23-04-32.jpg.a3a4b521b6d2abcf28b1788ac364cc25.jpg

Alpha_15.1_2016-12-09_23-06-19.thumb.jpg.255321c9fd53625d502cf504db2157ef.jpg

One day, i was carried away on a 70k.... the shaking was such that i, during the return, walked breaking the legs.

Remember, it was a glitch, it seems to A12 - after the death of the devils dragged the player through the world with great speed until he respawns :D

Yes indeed...the huge world is not often required.... But, do You remember the smell of freedom....;) ?

Why yes I do! :) I hope at some point they can fix the shakes as well.

The only problem I have with the default world size, is once you get a minibike, the world "feels" a lot smaller, and more like a game.

I would think a memory management solution would be to keep the size in memory loaded x distance bigger that the player location, and then load area ahead of the player location and direction, and also unload area the player has left dynamically.

If that could be implemented, world size would probably be only limited by hard drive space, which is dirt cheap.

The only problem I have with the default world size, is once you get a minibike, the world "feels" a lot smaller, and more like a game.

I would think a memory management solution would be to keep the size in memory loaded x distance bigger that the player location, and then load area ahead of the player location and direction, and also unload area the player has left dynamically.

If that could be implemented, world size would probably be only limited by hard drive space, which is dirt cheap.

It can definitely be done but I doubt we will see anything implemented to correct the current limitation till well after the game is gold or into their next game and we get a dlc for this one.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of them adding mechanized transportation but I understand why ppl wanted it. I just don't use the bike.

As explained by the developers, this is due to floating-point numbers (for coordinates). When the distance increases (and the numbers) - the less space remains for the numbers after .point. This causes problems with small distances.

But I think the developers are dissemble :)... with their knowledge they can work around the problem if they want to ;)...

I assume it would be possible just to move the center into the next area when the limit is reached.

... Sorry about my English.

I think the floating point problem is Inherent to Unity, therefore not easy to fix for them. A work around could be possible perhaps, but those might not work for multiplayer (like making the player be the central coordinate and therefore always close to the center wherever he is).

I do hope they can find a way to work around it though, a truly endless world (or at least as big as your HDD) could be nice.

The bike and the smaller world is a whole other issue, by the time I usually assemble it I am powerful high level with good weapons. For me I have then 'won' that game and will lose interest quickly, unless its a multiplayer game where people build stuff together. Exploring the world is only interesting so far and there are just not enough POIs and options yet to make exploration truly interesting, but once the game becomes more stable I can see the pool of POIs from both developers and modders grow and it would then along with socket system for making truly random gen towns and cities become much more enticing to go further and see whats there. Now I usually go there and then look at the pois and oh not interesting to in since I dont need what it can spawn etc :)

No, i wasn't trying to limit the player with an increase radiation. I only stopped generating POI after a certain distance from the beginning of the radiation biome. Simply,the idea is that the player has no reason to go further.

Yes, i made a small level of radiation, and now can walk there around in hazmat. Also radiation biomes spawn among the main with a small probability :)

The ruined city on the edge of the world...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18339[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18340[/ATTACH]

That loks very nice, in a Fallouty way. The only difference is, that in Fallout you would only be able to enter 1 in 10 of the buildings (without mods of course).

I think the floating point problem is Inherent to Unity, therefore not easy to fix for them.

It IS Unity, TFP have stated this in a few occacions when the talk about it was at the hottestst, and they limited the world to 10Km size to avoid most of it. Personally for me it already starts from 5Km...

I think the floating point problem is Inherent to Unity, therefore not easy to fix for them....

Hmmm... maybe now I will speak about things that i do not understand, but...

I think it's - a problem of "numbers", Unity is just the game engine, but what to do with there problem - decide TFP.

That is, probably on another engine it would be the same essentially.

<terrain_generator name="vanilla" use_old_final="false">

<module name="landBase" type="FastBillow" no_seed="true">
	<property name="frequency" value="0.47"/>
	<property name="roughness" value="25"/>
</module>
<module name="land" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.75"/>
	<property name="bias" value="0.5"/>
</module>

<module name="landBase2" type="Billow">
	<property name="frequency" value="0.004"/>
</module>
<module name="landScaled" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase2"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.4"/>
</module>
<module name="land2" type="FastTurbulence">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landScaled"/>
	<property name="power" value="95"/>
	<property name="frequency" value="0.4"/>
	<property name="roughness" value="15"/>
</module>

<module name="landBase3" type="FastRidgedMultifractal">
</module>
<module name="landScaled2" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase3"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.1"/>
</module>
<module name="land3" type="FastTurbulence">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landScaled2"/>
	<property name="power" value="120"/>
</module>

<module name="filter" type="FastNoise" seed_additive="1">
	<property name="frequency" value="0.5"/>
</module>
<module name="fastLand" type="Select">
	<property name="controlModule" value="filter"/>
	<property name="sourceModule1" value="land"/>
	<property name="sourceModule2" value="land2"/>
	<property name="bounds" value="0,1000"/>
	<property name="edgeFalloff" value="16"/>
</module>
<module name="filtera" type="FastNoise">
</module>
<module name="fastLanda" type="Select">
	<property name="controlModule" value="filtera"/>
	<property name="sourceModule1" value="Ponds"/>
	<property name="sourceModule1" value="fastLand"/>
	<property name="sourceModule2" value="land3"/>
	<property name="bounds" value="0,1"/>
</module>

<module name="WaterAdjust" type="FastBillow">
</module>
<module name="Ponds" type="ScaleOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="WaterAdjust"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.05"/>
	<property name="roughness" value="5"/>
</module>

<module name="scaleBiasOutput" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="fastLanda"/>
	<property name="scale" value="180"/>
	<property name="bias" value="-1"/>
</module>
<module name="clampOutput" type="ClampOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="scaleBiasOutput"/>
	<property name="bounds" value="-28,190"/>
</module>

<output module="clampOutput"/>
</terrain_generator>

This is what I am currently running.

It uses more of the height range.

Increase in rough terrain for mountain areas (but not too rough).

More defined flat areas (yeah the old generator did make the flat areas tooo flat :)).

I also installed a module to specifically control the water amounts depending on the seed being used. So if you use it and your map is producing too much or not enough water generation for your liking you can decrease or increase the frequency to your liking.

Pic's in Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18347[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18348[/ATTACH]

edit: Just letting ppl know in case some are confused with the pics.. My biomes themselves are modified also and the pics are mostly to showcase the terrain generation and your biomes will not look like mine.

I think the floating point problem is Inherent to Unity, therefore not easy to fix for them. A work around could be possible perhaps, but those might not work for multiplayer (like making the player be the central coordinate and therefore always close to the center wherever he is).

I do hope they can find a way to work around it though, a truly endless world (or at least as big as your HDD) could be nice.

The bike and the smaller world is a whole other issue, by the time I usually assemble it I am powerful high level with good weapons. For me I have then 'won' that game and will lose interest quickly, unless its a multiplayer game where people build stuff together. Exploring the world is only interesting so far and there are just not enough POIs and options yet to make exploration truly interesting, but once the game becomes more stable I can see the pool of POIs from both developers and modders grow and it would then along with socket system for making truly random gen towns and cities become much more enticing to go further and see whats there. Now I usually go there and then look at the pois and oh not interesting to in since I dont need what it can spawn etc :)

That's why we are running zombie only bad company... There are a ton more poi's to explore, and we are still coming across new locations.

Honestly, since A15, we've seen more game expansion from the mod community than from the pimp's. I'm hoping stompy adds more poi's in bad company as well.

If there was no complete block overhaul pending for A16 I would get into prefabbing myself, but honestly knowing I will have to convert all work or maybe even relearn some of it has kept me from doing it. Being able to create my own pois and 'convert' existing ones to my liking will make this all a lot more interesting, especially if they fix this irritating issue of files not being pushed properly from servers.

I've been having similar thoughts.. I'd love to mix some new uma zombies, and build a prefab or two, but theres no telling if by the time I'd finish them if they could even be used in game anymore.

I'm happy for now I think just making a few minor xml tweaks, and adding in bad company, and its included combo prefabs.

Yes and no. Other than cubes, expect 2 out of 3 placed blocks to be rotated wrong.

Some rotations of some blocks were recreated as completely new blocks with other rotations.

There is supposedly a converter (dunno - I don't do prefabs) but it's still quite the list to go through for all shapes.

17457009.png

<terrain_generator name="vanilla" use_old_final="false">

<module name="landBase" type="FastBillow" no_seed="true">
</module>
<module name="land" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.75"/>
</module>

<module name="landBase2" type="Billow">
</module>
<module name="landScaled" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase2"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.4"/>
</module>
<module name="land2" type="FastTurbulence">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landScaled"/>
	<property name="power" value="95"/>
	<property name="roughness" value="15"/>
</module>

<module name="landBase3" type="FastRidgedMultifractal">
</module>
<module name="landScaled2" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landBase3"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.1"/>
</module>
<module name="land3" type="FastTurbulence">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="landScaled2"/>
	<property name="power" value="120"/>
</module>

<module name="filter" type="FastNoise" seed_additive="1">
</module>
<module name="fastLand" type="Select">
	<property name="controlModule" value="filter"/>
	<property name="sourceModule1" value="land"/>
	<property name="sourceModule2" value="land2"/>
	<property name="bounds" value="0,1000"/>
</module>
<module name="filtera" type="FastNoise">
</module>
<module name="fastLanda" type="Select">
	<property name="controlModule" value="filtera"/>
	<property name="sourceModule1" value="Ponds"/>
	<property name="sourceModule1" value="fastLand"/>
	<property name="sourceModule2" value="land3"/>
	<property name="bounds" value="0,1"/>
</module>

<module name="WaterAdjust" type="FastBillow">
</module>
<module name="Ponds" type="ScaleOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="WaterAdjust"/>
	<property name="scale" value="0.05"/>
	<property name="roughness" value="5"/>
</module>

<module name="scaleBiasOutput" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="fastLanda"/>
	<property name="scale" value="180"/>
	<property name="bias" value="-1"/>
</module>
<module name="clampOutput" type="ClampOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="scaleBiasOutput"/>
	<property name="bounds" value="-28,190"/>
</module>

<output module="clampOutput"/>
</terrain_generator>

This is what I am currently running.

It uses more of the height range.

Increase in rough terrain for mountain areas (but not too rough).

More defined flat areas (yeah the old generator did make the flat areas tooo flat :)).

I also installed a module to specifically control the water amounts depending on the seed being used. So if you use it and your map is producing too much or not enough water generation for your liking you can decrease or increase the frequency to your liking.

Pic's in Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18347[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18348[/ATTACH]

edit: Just letting ppl know in case some are confused with the pics.. My biomes themselves are modified also and the pics are mostly to showcase the terrain generation and your biomes will not look like mine.

A late thank you for the settings. I checked them out, and we are now running them on our server. Very nice. :-)

A late thank you for the settings. I checked them out, and we are now running them on our server. Very nice. :-)

No worries I am glad you enjoy them :) I am always messing with it so I have a folder full of them that are a WIP along with my current favorite one :)

One thing that bothers me on our dedicated, which doesn't seem to happen on my self-hosted MP games is, that the "fake" distant terrain doesn't seems to draw the POIs at the level of the original RWG instead of the modified one, so for example the cities and towns look like untouched terrain until I get close enough, at which point they get drawn, but only up to the point where the distant terrain is again drawn. Also all of the single wilderness poi are either drawn as a hole in the ground, or a mound.

Here's what it looks like with the exact same seed and settings:

Local MP:

Alpha_15.1_2016-12-15_15-38-54.thumb.jpg.adfb38246299bcf215b182cffe744665.jpg

There's a city on the top left (SE) of the scenery.

Dedicated:

Alpha_15.1_2016-12-15_15-37-29.thumb.jpg.673f11abc05f4cbd09f3dc94f936075b.jpg

No city visible, but two "pot holes" closer to the center (S) where there are POIs. Also there's a weird artifact on the left side, which is what the "walls" where the distant terrain starts look like, when I am in a city.

If anybody can confirm this, and it's not my own user error with something, I can post it to the bugs section.

Archived