Bad Company

StompyNZ

Is there any sort of documentation anywhere as to how to add them? I have 0 idea on modding and spawning, been going through the thread but cant really find anything detailed, just very vague instructions that make no sense.

If there was any examples anywhere I could probably edit one to our liking? thanks in advance

depends where you want to add them

if its as biome spawns then just add them as a line in the entitygroups for each biome

spawning.xml

<biome name="forest">
   <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesTierGroup01"/>
   <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0"/>
   <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0"/>
 </biome>

forest for example, uses ZombiesTierGroup01

sleeper spawns use that group as well though, so you'd have to make a new group and add the bandits and zombies to that

<entitygroup name="[color="#FF0000"]Biome[/color]TierGroup01">
   <!--T1-->
   <entity name="zombieBoe"/>
   <entity name="zombieJoe"/>

<entity name="BanditThugPistol"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugSawedOffPumpShotgun"/>
 </entitygroup>

<biome name="forest">
   <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="[color="#FF0000"]Biome[/color]TierGroup01"/>
   <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0"/>
   <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0"/>
 </biome>

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't they work as sleepers?

probably the npc controller is missing a look angle code or something small like that.

If we need them for medi mod it shouldnt be too hard to fix it, but will see what changes a17 makes to uma first

I didnt really feel like playing much in a16 so never investigated it

Thanks for the replies, starting to make a little sense now..

So the ZombiesTierGroup01 entitygroup is already standard in the biomes in spawning.xml, are there seperate entity groups for bandits and bandit leaders? Would just to like add standard bandits to most biomes, and bandits+bandit leaders to the cities/hub.

Is there a way to lower spawn chance for biomes so were just not getting rekd everytime we venture out? e.g a low chance to spawn a bandit in the biomes and high chances in the city would be great.

Edit Nevermind, found the banditgroup in the entitygroup, ill try adding those to the spawner and see how I go

Still cant get bandits to spawn.

<biome name="city">

<spawn entitygroup="BanditGroup" time="Day" respawndelay="1" maxcount="5"/>

<spawn entitygroup="ZombiesTierGroup02" time="Day" respawndelay="1" maxcount="5"/>

<spawn entitygroup="ZombiesNight" time="Night" respawndelay="1" maxcount="5"/>

<spawn entitygroup="ZombieDogGroup" time="Any" respawndelay="1" maxcount="1"/>

</biome>

Ive added that "banditgroup" to every biome in the spawner and ran around for ages but still no bandits. Is that the wrong group to add maybe?

Ah, sorry I didnt even look before when you mentioned BanditGroup and assumed it was something I added.

That's the vanilla one and only has the broken vanilla bandits in it, so it wont do anything.

You will need to add the various bandits from bad co into entitygroups as they are not in there at all

The a15 version has some groups defined, so you could copy bits out of that to save some typing

Here's a quick one that will give you some bandits, the invisibleAnimalEnemy is there to reduce the numbers a bit or you will get a bandit every 80 or so blocks. just replace the vanilla BanditGroup and you should be good to go

<entitygroup name="BanditGroup">
   <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="20" />
   <entity name="BanditThugSledgeHammer" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugMachete" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugFireaxe" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugSpikedClub" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugHuntingKnife" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugChainsaw" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugPistol" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugPistolFemale" prob="0.95"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugHuntingRifle" prob="0.85"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugHuntingRifleFemale" prob="0.85"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugSawedOffPumpShotgun" prob="0.75"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugSawedOffPumpShotgunFemale" prob="0.75"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugPumpShotgun" prob="0.65"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugPumpShotgunFemale" prob="0.65"/>
   <entity name="BanditThug44Magnum" prob="0.55"/>
   <entity name="BanditThug44MagnumFemale" prob="0.55"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugMP5" prob="0.45"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugMP5Female" prob="0.45"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugSniperRifle" prob="0.35"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugSniperRifleFemale" prob="0.35"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugAK47" prob="0.25"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugAK47Female" prob="0.25"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugRocketLauncher" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditThugRocketLauncherFemale" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditWarLeader" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditDreadLeader" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditTheMakerLeader" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditFamineLeader" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditDragonLeader" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditDeathLeader" prob="0.15"/>
   <entity name="BanditPestilenceLeader" prob="0.15"/>
 </entitygroup>

btw city biome doesnt get used anymore, so its just the regular biome spawns even in cities

I'd go with a maxcount of 1 on the bandit ones too, otherwise you will get bandits literally everywhere

Thanks Stompy got it going finally, thanks for the clarification.

Had 0 deaths up until dirty harry chased me with the revolver and shot me in the back. Fun mod, the zombies arent much of a threat once you get a sledge hammer and a bow.

Do clients joining need to download the mod, or will the server just send them the files required?

i assume you mean updated for a17.

The archetypes wont be changing so thats not a problem. How they get used as entities will need a review.

As long as uma enemies is still an option this mod will get updated.

Next version will probably have a ton of new archetypes as I have a script to generate 1000's at a time and then go through and pick the nice ones

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote a long post about me speaking to Trekkan and he pointed me to you StompyNZ....but it dissapeared somehow after submitted....

Short question:

Is there a way to spawn in cars?

I'm getting tired of teleporting around placing cars on our map after players been destroying them.

I wrote a long post about me speaking to Trekkan and he pointed me to you StompyNZ....but it dissapeared somehow after submitted....

Short question:

Is there a way to spawn in cars?

I'm getting tired of teleporting around placing cars on our map after players been destroying them.

answered in the api thread :)

I have a question please: I've been using this for awhile now and love the variety, but def noticed the increased load on my system. Recently, Darkness Falls and Ravenhearst added pregenerated UMA textures for their archetypes to their mod download packages, that are supposedly smaller/less load heavy than letting the game generate them. Is it possible to do the same for this mod?

the uma code is buggy

I have all uma's set as player so all the textures are generated on spawn

If you use non player types it will create and use the textures, but they are at full res and with the number bad co uses you probably won't even be able to load to the menu.

Thanks! So it's only a matter of changing type=player to type=zombie in archetypes? I might try by loading only a subset, to optimize at least my fav ones that I don't wanna lose.

Yeah that's one option. I'd try about 10 max first time, then if that loads ok try adding a few more

Hopefully the system can get a little attention for a17 to fix the main bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and if you get an error on loading you may need to add an empty UMATextures folder before you try to generate them

New bandit chainsaw and range from bandit fixed

Hi , i make a small remake of bad company from npc bandit chainsaw cause he was a bit annoying cause he doesnt target the box properly... so i make a new one ( i add the utilityai for the bandits ranged too ) -> "keep a distance / flee" .

and I would like to have some opinion ! ^^

the stats from the entity is a bit fat. it s just a test..but i think it should be interesting for the players with a high level who are bored in pve or pvp should be fun too..

• 2 months later...

but what if we just want small amounts of bandits and friendly NPC's to spawn naturally, though rarely, into the world? is there a mod version for just adding them? My players want our map to fee a bit alive without dragging the server down too much.

If you want a really alive world, try the medieval mod...

...but otherwise, you'll have to edit the boime spawning portion of the xml's to include a bandit group that infrequently spawns to that, and then make entity groups that reflect the bandits themselves. Use invisibleAnimal (like tfp does animals) to control the spawns a bit better and make them less frequent.

Archived