Bad Company

StompyNZ

this is just bandits and zombies right?

For any character you choose

Anyway we could edit the bandits for a bandit horde spawning to about 4 hours before the bloodmoon horde?

read this spawn group and customize time to your needs

<entityspawner name="HordeMeterDynamicSpawnNight" dynamic="true">

How about having the bandit only spawn in the plains/deserts towns?

two options <!-- BIOME SPAWNERS -->

copy a small POI rename it edit its prefab xml "add "BanditGroup" then add allowed biome and allowed city or town

this is just bandits and zombies right?

For any character you choose

Anyway we could edit the bandits for a bandit horde spawning to about 4 hours before the bloodmoon horde?

read this spawn group and customize time to your needs

<entityspawner name="HordeMeterDynamicSpawnNight" dynamic="true">

How about having the bandit only spawn in the plains/deserts towns?

two options <!-- BIOME SPAWNERS -->

copy a small POI rename it edit its prefab xml "add "BanditGroup" then add allowed biome and allowed city or town

this kinda went over my head as I went through the files. I got lost. so I installed it as is.

I've had two run around on the fresh (brand new) map and I didnt come across any unique zeds or any bandits at all.

I must have installed it wrong. Sadly...

this kinda went over my head as I went through the files. I got lost. so I installed it as is.

I've had two run around on the fresh (brand new) map and I didnt come across any unique zeds or any bandits at all.

I must have installed it wrong. Sadly...

No you didnt install wrong, the way I learnded was i installed the bad company that is primarily archtypes and a few xmls.

go to any biome spawner copy one of the lines , paste it back in then you need to create a group name I did one called PistolPacking Bandits, I did search for pistol and added each of these entities to that group then added that group to the biome spawner, You may want to lower probability though, and adjust to your spec. then add a group or add to a group screamer max count 1. Adding the screamer seemed to enhance the spawn count and consistency.

Remember to create entity group

my spawning example

<biome name="snow">

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="MySurvivors"/>

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombieScouts" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="SnowZombies"/>

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="PistolPackingBanditGroup" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsSnow" spawnDeadChance="0"/>

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsSnow" spawnDeadChance="0"/>

</biome>

I just close the game added the edits and started back, since have multiple biomes touching in my center city, they just started up without haveing to redo a new game.

PS: with this mod tere are apprx 259 plus zombies survivors and Bandits, you may want to block comment some out. If you make a big group and are fast at killing them, the screamer will help cycle through the group faster.

• 2 weeks later...
No you didnt install wrong, the way I learnded was i installed the bad company that is primarily archtypes and a few xmls.

go to any biome spawner copy one of the lines , paste it back in then you need to create a group name I did one called PistolPacking Bandits, I did search for pistol and added each of these entities to that group then added that group to the biome spawner, You may want to lower probability though, and adjust to your spec. then add a group or add to a group screamer max count 1. Adding the screamer seemed to enhance the spawn count and consistency.

Remember to create entity group

my spawning example

<biome name="snow">

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="MySurvivors"/>

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombieScouts" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="SnowZombies"/>

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="PistolPackingBanditGroup" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsSnow" spawnDeadChance="0"/>

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsSnow" spawnDeadChance="0"/>

</biome>

I just close the game added the edits and started back, since have multiple biomes touching in my center city, they just started up without haveing to redo a new game.

PS: with this mod tere are apprx 259 plus zombies survivors and Bandits, you may want to block comment some out. If you make a big group and are fast at killing them, the screamer will help cycle through the group faster.

thank you, i think i got it. it was confusing at first... LOL and kinda scary.

- - - Updated - - -

When will we have bandit babies and kids? I think it would be funny to see a bandit family running through a biome together.. guns blazing! or maybe even have a bandit base family.

Version: 16.3b12 Linux Server

Alloc: rev. 311 (14_16_22) (2017-08-26)

CoppiAdditions: 3.6

ServerTools: 4.1

BCManager: 2.0.2

Archetypes from BadComp

All fine, but... if I manually spawn a bandit, example , se xxxx 511 he, apparently, works correctly. He can walk. He shoots you if he sees you. I can kill him. I can pick up your drop. Apparently seems correct, but... in my RAT do not stop error messages.

Tested: BanditTemplated, BanditWarLeader, BanditDragonLeader, BanditThugMachete, ... ... ...

InvalidCastException. Cannot cast from source type to destination type

In server logs we can see the following error message continuously until we kill the banditxxxxxxxx

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

at AllocsFixes.LiveData.Hostiles.GetCount () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

AllocsFixes.LiveData.Hostiles:GetCount()

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetWebUIUpdates:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:HandleRequest(IAsyncResult)

System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult:InvokeCallback(Object)

How can I solve this problem? thx ;-)

Version: 16.3b12 Linux Server

Alloc: rev. 311 (14_16_22) (2017-08-26)

CoppiAdditions: 3.6

ServerTools: 4.1

BCManager: 2.0.2

Archetypes from BadComp

All fine, but... if I manually spawn a bandit, example , se xxxx 511 he, apparently, works correctly. He can walk. He shoots you if he sees you. I can kill him. I can pick up your drop. Apparently seems correct, but... in my RAT do not stop error messages.

Tested: BanditTemplated, BanditWarLeader, BanditDragonLeader, BanditThugMachete, ... ... ...

In server logs we can see the following error message continuously until we kill the banditxxxxxxxx

How can I solve this problem? thx ;-)

Thats from allocs mod.

Two ways to get past it.

One is to try changing the bandits from <property name="EntityType" value="Zombie"/> to <property name="EntityType" value="Player"/>

The other is to recompile allocs with a small change:

in Hostiles.cs is this bit:

if (entity.entityType == EntityType.Zombie) {
					EntityEnemy ee = (EntityEnemy)entity;

if (ee.IsAlive ())
						count++;

The issue is that with the above xml, the bandits are EntityType.Zombie, but they are not derived from EntityEnemy, so the direct cast is invalid.

I'm not sure of the purpose for the cast, as IsAlive is on the base type of Entity, so could possibly remove the cast and just use entity.IsAlive in the check

if (entity.IsAlive ())
						count++;

FYI, if you go with the first option, it will give players pvp kills on the score card

slightly confused here.. so i'm looking for NPC's

is this a bandit or an NPC?

npcBanditLeader

As mention in discord, but repeating for others that see this:

npcBanditLeader is the vanilla one and is broken if not changed from default settings (NRE when they take damage as no faction assigned)

FYI, if you go with the first option, it will give players pvp kills on the score card

I finally got some of your bandits working in Valmod and I noticed that the "Kill ## players" steam achievements are getting done when I kill them. Not complaining, I don't now how else I would finish those.

slightly confused here.. so i'm looking for NPC's

is this a bandit or an NPC?

npcBanditLeader

Ok this is the long answer so don't get bored. This is how i customized them and what i learned

First go here: https://github.com/7days2mod

You will see 3 badcompany downloads, get the one in the middle it just says Badcompany.

Zip your config folder

open config folder and your badcompany

First copy the archtypes.xml over the one you have. Start game in offline mode so you can see the different things i will explain. At the main menu go to profiles

Now you should see a huge amount more.

BadCompany is based off of the UMA textures and your human model. It just changes the clothes and the names. Later you can tweak them and make more zombies or charcaters, using the Archtype.xml

I needed you to see these first, to understand the bandits Survivors and zombies are all from the same mold. The things that make them different are the names, clothes,bodytexture,and base AI template.

npcBanditLeader is based off "EntityType" value="Player"/> but the ai has them to target you, <entity_class name="npcSurvivorTemplate"> is the same except the ai says do not target you. The only real difference is the Name,textures,and ai.

Now you can copy the restof the xml files to the config folder. You are ready to get started

Entityclasses.xml

NOTE: For the survivor to be ready for activation and not get the funky errors. add this to survivortemplate below mesh line

<property name="NPCID" value="banditronin"/>

It doesn't make them bad it just gives a desinator to the game to recognize them.

In entitygroup.xml make two groups for ease of use call them MySurvivors and MyBandits

Using notepad++ search entityclasses for bandits first copy the entitybanditranged to the banditgroup, the repeat steps and copy npcrangedsurvivorto your survivorgroup. NOTE: just duplicate the syntax ex. <entity name="zombieNurse"/> replace nurse with survivor text you copied and past to the group.

Now that you have "an entity/an npcid/and a group set up. go to spawning for inital test, pick the closest biome to your present location,

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="PUT YOUR BANDIT OR SURVIVOR GROUP HERE"/> then paste this line under the biome name line.

continue game and there are you NPCs now customize them as you desire.

SIDE NOTES: You can repeat this for all the new zombies, All of these are based off of Player AI "abilities" the hand item for bandit and survivor allows you to let them hold objects,weapons or even eat and drink if you get the syntax right.

For the zombies THe Hand item can be changed and you can actually give them clubs and guns if you wanted to.

I will tell you this, NPC's rarely miss. so either armor up or lower damage dealt, or while testing GO GODMODE on them.

You can add them to a group in a POI, a biome or adjust the AI to follow you kind of like bodyguards.

If you extended their sesitivity range way out and had them go into a skyscraper, two of them could clean it out, just change the pistol to ak47 and 762 bullets.

Have fun

Ok this is the long answer so don't get bored. This is how i customized them and what i learned

First go here: https://github.com/7days2mod

You will see 3 badcompany downloads, get the one in the middle it just says Badcompany.

Zip your config folder

open config folder and your badcompany

First copy the archtypes.xml over the one you have. Start game in offline mode so you can see the different things i will explain. At the main menu go to profiles

Now you should see a huge amount more.

BadCompany is based off of the UMA textures and your human model. It just changes the clothes and the names. Later you can tweak them and make more zombies or charcaters, using the Archtype.xml

I needed you to see these first, to understand the bandits Survivors and zombies are all from the same mold. The things that make them different are the names, clothes,bodytexture,and base AI template.

npcBanditLeader is based off "EntityType" value="Player"/> but the ai has them to target you, <entity_class name="npcSurvivorTemplate"> is the same except the ai says do not target you. The only real difference is the Name,textures,and ai.

Now you can copy the restof the xml files to the config folder. You are ready to get started

Entityclasses.xml

NOTE: For the survivor to be ready for activation and not get the funky errors. add this to survivortemplate below mesh line

<property name="NPCID" value="banditronin"/>

It doesn't make them bad it just gives a desinator to the game to recognize them.

In entitygroup.xml make two groups for ease of use call them MySurvivors and MyBandits

Using notepad++ search entityclasses for bandits first copy the entitybanditranged to the banditgroup, the repeat steps and copy npcrangedsurvivorto your survivorgroup. NOTE: just duplicate the syntax ex. <entity name="zombieNurse"/> replace nurse with survivor text you copied and past to the group.

Now that you have "an entity/an npcid/and a group set up. go to spawning for inital test, pick the closest biome to your present location,

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="PUT YOUR BANDIT OR SURVIVOR GROUP HERE"/> then paste this line under the biome name line.

continue game and there are you NPCs now customize them as you desire.

SIDE NOTES: You can repeat this for all the new zombies, All of these are based off of Player AI "abilities" the hand item for bandit and survivor allows you to let them hold objects,weapons or even eat and drink if you get the syntax right.

For the zombies THe Hand item can be changed and you can actually give them clubs and guns if you wanted to.

I will tell you this, NPC's rarely miss. so either armor up or lower damage dealt, or while testing GO GODMODE on them.

You can add them to a group in a POI, a biome or adjust the AI to follow you kind of like bodyguards.

If you extended their sesitivity range way out and had them go into a skyscraper, two of them could clean it out, just change the pistol to ak47 and 762 bullets.

Have fun

How did you add them to a poi, im very curious. There are no more static spawners and the bandit groups error out the game if you try to add them to sleeper volume groups. Did you make your own script/code? Btw, you can adjust stats on the guns to make them miss more often, or if you want them to be accurate, you can decrease the damage they do in items xml.

How do i make the bandit aim less accurate, at the moment unless im 100 plus feet away and running constant zig zag pattern, they are dead on with every shot even while running at me and they switch clips faster than Lara croft.

they are dead straight with their aim through blocks and out of sight too. i was on a roof, behind a wall and they were shooting at me like crazy. LOL

they are dead straight with their aim through blocks and out of sight too. i was on a roof, behind a wall and they were shooting at me like crazy. LOL

The AI isnt really there to handle the aiming stuff any better. You'll have to wait for a17 changes to guns/AI for more options there.

The best I can offer is to reduce the damage per shot (weapon + ammo damage are additive), so that while they may peg you a lot you dont die from two shots.

Darkstardragon

Short answer, a16 for now i can't. I have a8 to a16, on a hard drive. Ive been adding adjusting between all of the versions, The last success i had was with a15, so i thought i could group them as before. BIG mistake, like you said, Ive tried to use earlier prefabs, add to spawn, takeover spawn, so far no go.

But StompyNZ has opened a door for me, with utilizing uma, I am still going to try. BTW If you combine Stompy,Guppy,xtrakickin,and Tin's Ideas all together, you would get a streamlined ultra-customizable platform. If X modded alphamaps for import, Stompy handles the AI , Guppy the front end and Tin the teraforming. Last add the ability to use the prefab.xml in rwg like in Navezgane.

Again wish the spaghetti code was simpler or I ws smarter. I really want to create the Neegan Prison, with Slaanhatten as my end game.

Thats from allocs mod.

Two ways to get past it.

One is to try changing the bandits from <property name="EntityType" value="Zombie"/> to <property name="EntityType" value="Player"/>

The other is to recompile allocs with a small change:

in Hostiles.cs is this bit:

EntityEnemy ee = (EntityEnemy)entity;

if (ee.IsAlive ())
						count++;

The issue is that with the above xml, the bandits are EntityType.Zombie, but they are not derived from EntityEnemy, so the direct cast is invalid.

I'm not sure of the purpose for the cast, as IsAlive is on the base type of Entity, so could possibly remove the cast and just use entity.IsAlive in the check

if (entity.IsAlive ())
						count++;

Its ok for me ;-) Thx +1000

• 2 weeks later...
The entities are there but I didnt add them to spawning via entitygroups.xml

Thanks for your answer. Don't worry, I added it and I tried to play, but it is very difficult to walk more than 5 feet without dying hahaha. Now I have to find a way to make everyone appear in the game but less frequently and in smaller groups. What I did was create a group in entitygroups.xml of each type of bandit (Normal in one group, Dread in another, TheMaker in another ... and finally Melee in a different group) and I added each group to spawning.xml. Now 4 or 5 bandits from each group appear in the same place hahaha. I don't know how to solve this.

Thanks for your answer. Don't worry, I added it and I tried to play, but it is very difficult to walk more than 5 feet without dying hahaha. Now I have to find a way to make everyone appear in the game but less frequently and in smaller groups. What I did was create a group in entitygroups.xml of each type of bandit (Normal in one group, Dread in another, TheMaker in another ... and finally Melee in a different group) and I added each group to spawning.xml. Now 4 or 5 bandits from each group appear in the same place hahaha. I don't know how to solve this.

Put them all in one group with invisibleAnimal and give invisibleAnimal the most chance to spawn, greater than 50 out of 100. Spread the 50 or whatever left over among the rest of the bandits.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Stompy, I'm trying to figure out the spawning and the blood moon spawning and cant help but notice all your new zombies are in groups in the entitygroups but only a few groups are actually in the spawning.xml and i haven't seen either of all the other groups in the xml. and I've noticed the horde night spawner has only vanilla zedz.. Also on the main page your say prefabs have been added, yet in the download there is no prefabs ? Am I doing something wrong :) ? thx !

Hello Stompy, I'm trying to figure out the spawning and the blood moon spawning and cant help but notice all your new zombies are in groups in the entitygroups but only a few groups are actually in the spawning.xml and i haven't seen either of all the other groups in the xml. and I've noticed the horde night spawner has only vanilla zedz.. Also on the main page your say prefabs have been added, yet in the download there is no prefabs ? Am I doing something wrong :) ? thx !

I didnt add the uma's to bloodmoon as they are harder on fps and bloodmoons are already bad on my system with the radiated :)

I also had plans to make a spawner generator, but got distracted with other projects so its still on in planning stage.

The prefabs havent been updated from a15 yet, so I have only added the zombies back in for now.

Im a bit burnt out on xml modding and changing everything each alpha so just doing the zombies for now. Maybe after the next block/prefab massive overhaul in a17 I will focus on prefabs again.

Archived