Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

2 hours ago, MetroDetroitGaming said:

Question:

Is there preferred settings for this mod? I have my server set to mostly everything hard. Difficulty = 5, Zombies = jog and it seems like they are moving pretty fast and I'm hitting super weak. Takes A LOT to take down 1 zombie and their reach is so far that you can move back fast enough after hitting them. I do really enjoy a tough survival game but something feels off like maybe I shouldnt have touched the default difficulty because maybe the mod changes stuff on its own. 

Any help or recommendation is appreciated. 

Im playing on a server with ping between 15-20, but does not experienced this. Zombies sometimes do weird things like the picture below, where they just became paralyzed and stuck in the ground, or they able to hit me while the zombies are knocked down to the ground, but i dont know that is because the mod or it is a vanilla problem...

20210516140843_1.jpg

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

First of all I have to say this mod is incredible. The amount of time you put into this game is outstanding and the results definitely show. I do have a question on the titanium ore. I have only found a limited amount of it from looting. I have built three ore extractors to see if that would produce more with no luck. Is there another way to mine titanium ore?

9 minutes ago, ThatMaineGuy said:

First of all I have to say this mod is incredible. The amount of time you put into this game is outstanding and the results definitely show. I do have a question on the titanium ore. I have only found a limited amount of it from looting. I have built three ore extractors to see if that would produce more with no luck. Is there another way to mine titanium ore?

1. Scrap titanium items
  2. Ore extractors
  3. Loot and treasure chests

It seems this is all

I watched a streamer playing this Mod before trying it. I noticed they were picking up the metal loot chests (found in loot rooms). Has that ability been removed? Holding e only opens those for me.

Fun mod so far btw! Keep up the good work.

32 minutes ago, Exxodous said:

I watched a streamer playing this Mod before trying it. I noticed they were picking up the metal loot chests (found in loot rooms). Has that ability been removed? Holding e only opens those for me.

Fun mod so far btw! Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I decided to remove the ability to pick them up, because when you could do that, nobody bothered crafting wood storage chests as well as many server owners complained, that people picked the loot chests up and that left the POIs empty without them when loot respawn happened.

1 hour ago, ThatMaineGuy said:

Does it matter where the ore extractors are placed? Or do they give random ore loot?

Currently it doesn't matter no. Getting titanium is a chance, the more you have them, the higher chance that some might yield titanium.

Is it possible to crank up the zombie spawns a bit more somehow? Im played on a server until now but i decided to start an offline game for myself with this awesome mod, but i want to add some plus challenge in a form of increase zombie horde spawns, to get more wandering zombies and zombie hordes during daytimes and regular nights even around my base. I want something like the concept of KhaineGB's Romero Mod. Is it possible to combine the spawnings from that mod with Undead Legacy? Or at least how can i increase random horde spawns?

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

Hey SubQuake, thank you for this amazing mod.
I was wondering about some things, I'm trying to edit a few small things like the buffs from candy, so I tried to edit it in the config Undead_Legacy_Stable\Data\Config but nothing seems to change, and it appears nothing changes for anything else I try to edit either. I'm using the modlauncher and I don't have auto refresh on, any clue why none of my changes work? :/

@fnfear That's not how modding works anymore ever since A17, you need to make Modlets and in Undead Legacy case, they have to load after the mod. You can find information on how to make modlets here on the forums, here's the basics: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/7653-xpath-modding-explanation-thread

Also I've released A19.5 compatible version of Undead Legacy, it's not fully playtested, so it's rolling out on experimental branch first!

1 hour ago, kexes said:

Any ETA for the first stable version? :) With A19.5 i got a noticeable fps boost at least in vanilla, cant wait to use it with this mod :D

The more people play the experimental version, the more eyes will be on any potential bugs or issues with the new version. But I'm gonna give it at the very minimum a week of testing, could be more, it depends on so many factors. As much as I wanted to do a push to stable, I don't feel it's ready just yet, because there are a lot of people who still have playthroughs going on A19.4

34 minutes ago, Master_Elizibs said:

Does my UL mod update automatically or do I need to redownload the files and reinstall them?
says im on 19.3 (B6) ULM 2.2.84

It does not, no, have to reinstall them and in your case, game files also need to be updated.