Some Common Questions

Clare

Curisoty Kills the Cat

I have been playing the PS4 version of 7 Days to Die for some time now and have enjoyed it immensely!!!! I have gotten more out of this game in game play then any other game I have played. I am however curious when will the improvements that have been made in the PC version eventually if ever be brought to the console side.

It just seems like there is a lot of limitations on console users at this point. I do understand that the PC version has been around for a while, but I do think that the console players deserve some freshness. Yes of talking about to POI like the prison and football field. Electricity, draw bridges, extra décor for buildings and different designs. May be even a small trailer to pull behind the mini bike.

• 2 weeks later...
So I recently got an update for the Reddit Q+A I was helping out with. A fair number of the questions were console based so I asked the guys at TTG to have a look at them.

Now a lot of this has already been said before either as a response from the teams posted by me, by other mods, or myself. But I figured it would be worthwhile to post it here as well so it's all together.

-----------------

The console and PC games branched during development, in order for us to focus on maximizing console features such as the split screen experience and bringing a fully feature console experience to market. We are striving to continue to improve the game with future patches as well and greatly value input from the community!

With regards to the increase in the size of the multiplayer games/dedicated servers and adding further features to the console version of the game (eg: marketplace/splitscreen online) -

We are considering many future options and features or the game. At present, we can't say for certain but we know these could be very cool features. We'll keep the community posted on all future release plans - one is planned within the next few weeks! (I hope to have an update on patch 3 from the teams by the end of the week - Clare)

Will Alpha 15 be added to consoles?

While we are not able to announce an official date at this time for future patches and releases, please know we are striving to improve the game in core areas and will have more to say in the coming weeks.

Will everything update at the same time?

As console and PC are two different beasts from an approval and submissions standpoint the answer is “probably not”. The console version of the game will update in blocks instead of the more fluid update system PCs can employ on a regular basis. This is partially due to approvals needed from both Microsoft and Sony when updates are submitted.

Because of the branching nature of the games - the games are very similar at the core - but will continue to vary in features in some ways as time goes on.

Updating the console fans

We are working on getting a regular message out to the Console players so we can keep you up to date with what's happening, as well as answering some common questions.

(I am working on getting a regular version of the "Message from the Team" posted in the News and Announcemnts section. But please note, due to times when the teams are really busy working on the game, the gap between some messages may be longer than others. -Clare)

----------------

As always, please don't post bug reports in these threads, please head to the Bug Reports section.

If you do have suggestions of topics you'd like me to put to the teams for the "Message from the Team" sections, please post em below.

Clare

So I noticed back in 2016 it was said there wasnt much info on any content coming to consoles but they should have more news in the weeks to come....Well its may 2017. I was wondering why no one can even give us a list of what is planned to come out, even with a "coming soon" or "tba". Surely, like any good, professional, development team, there is a plan right? So why can't we get a teaser or assurance you all are doing something specific? Dont you think this would put anxious console players at ease? I understand all the reasons why we havent gotten content yet and all of that. But to not even be able to give us a layout or say that you have no idea and it hasnt been communicated to you suggests there is nothing or the team isnt working at a professional capacity at all. With all that said, im glad you all have been focusing on bug fixes and and making the game slightly better each month. Thank you

Some time ago there was this post:

herrpohl said:

5 Days Ago

There are two different kinds of zombie spawners: POI (prefabs) and biome spawners.

The bedroll can block both types of spawns in a 31x31 area from bedrock to sky. Most POI spawners have the same size at least in the smaller prefabs so that you should be relatively safe inside your base by putting down a bedroll.

Biome zombie spawns can only happen on certain blocks.

These are:

stone

grass

dirt

plainsGround

potassiumNitrate

ironOre

sand

snow

clay

leadOre

bedrock

sandStone

desertGround

asphalt

asphaltCracked

gravel

ice

fertileGrass

burntForestGround

forestGround

destroyedStone

coalOre

woodDebris

oilDeposit

The biome spawner can't spawn zombies on any other block, so in theory you could make the perimeter around your base safe by placing down e.g. wood blocks. This doesn't apply for the POI spawner however, which can spawn zombies on any block if not covered by a bedroll.

If the block is player placed or not is irrelevant.

If your player made base considered a POI though? Assuming it's freshly constructed "in the middle of nowhere".

No, it is not. A POI is generated with the world; player-made structures do not count. In fact, I'd bet an hour's pay that a "POI" actually has about zero to do with the building we all associate with them, at least to the zombie-spawning game code. A POI is likely just an X,Y point that the game marks as "POI; can spawn zombies". As the world is generated, all (?) of these marked X,Y coords get a building put on them.

I'm pretty sure (read it, but never tried it) that you can completely destroy a POI-related building and you will still get the spawns. As to whether it's just X,Y or X,Y,Z I guess you'd have to destroy the building and excavate the surface area down to bedrock and see if you still get spawns in the hole you just created.

Of course heat effects can cause spawns around your player-created base, but that's a different game mechanic.

Edited to add: I'm not certain all POIs are spawner POIs, either. Especially in the hub city it seems some buildings always spew a bunch of zombies every few days and other buildings are dormant. Out in the countryside, pretty much every house I've encountered has had a few zombies milling about.

The Irony is that people STILL complain about updates even though this page sums up all of those questions, there really ought to be a Common Sense Verification required when people make an account. No one looks here even though it's the first page to pop up in the General Section.

Question that i hope you can answer

Im a big fan of 7days to die and i just love what yall are doing to it but i was wondering if you could tell me when the trader update will come out on console if you cant thats fine but if you can, can you pl let me know thank you so so so so much and keep up the good work on 7days to die.

The Irony is that people STILL complain about updates even though this page sums up all of those questions, there really ought to be a Common Sense Verification required when people make an account. No one looks here even though it's the first page to pop up in the General Section.

I think its ironic to come here to complain about complaints. But seeing "we'll have more news on content and updates in the weeks to come" and then months later there is still no news seems fair to ask or wonder why.

This thread is potato. Should be locked and un-stickied, or trimmed down to a true "common questions"/FAQ thread and locked.

For the latter, here's my suggestion for "common questions":

1. Q: When will we get <X> on Console?

A: Please read the News and Announcements forum for the latest on console updates.

End of thread.

This thread is potato. Should be locked and un-stickied, or trimmed down to a true "common questions"/FAQ thread and locked.

For the latter, here's my suggestion for "common questions":

1. Q: When will we get <X> on Console?

A: Please read the News and Announcements forum for the latest on console updates.

End of thread.

Agreed just put in all caps so those who too frustrated to pay attention will see it when they whine and cry on the General discussion page.

Afaik, the zombies on hordenight go after you. So your base should be fine... I do not know if a zombie will stop smashing a block if you run away, but the majority will try to follow you and new zombiespawn will allways be near you (on hordenight).

I can confirm, that on a horde night, if you're running around outside your base, they WILL come after you. Found out by accident while doing the castle build - left it late collecting my supplies on a horde night, ended up running for my rig (away from the castle), with the horde giving chase. Only just made it up onto the rig.

awesome to know, thanks for the clarification. now instead of wasting a night shooting zombies i can go gather quick things in the field instead

much appreciated

Just make sure you keep ahead of the horde and you're sorted!

Ferals

Is there a certain set of settings to make ferals more common? I'm playing on max spawn, zombies set to feral, and warrior difficulty at the moment. Ive only seen a few ferals in the hub city at night on occasion. I just finished the 70 day horde and have never had a feral on horde night. Ive only seen 3 cops during a horde night, and that was the last 2 hordes. Usually this isnt the case. Is there a new mechanic in the game regarding ferals? Or is this a bug or glitch that happens from time to time?

Archived