Some Common Questions

Clare

Release date?

So I recently got an update for the Reddit Q+A I was helping out with. A fair number of the questions were console based so I asked the guys at TTG to have a look at them.

Now a lot of this has already been said before either as a response from the teams posted by me, by other mods, or myself. But I figured it would be worthwhile to post it here as well so it's all together.

-----------------

The console and PC games branched during development, in order for us to focus on maximizing console features such as the split screen experience and bringing a fully feature console experience to market. We are striving to continue to improve the game with future patches as well and greatly value input from the community!

With regards to the increase in the size of the multiplayer games/dedicated servers and adding further features to the console version of the game (eg: marketplace/splitscreen online) -

We are considering many future options and features or the game. At present, we can't say for certain but we know these could be very cool features. We'll keep the community posted on all future release plans - one is planned within the next few weeks! (I hope to have an update on patch 3 from the teams by the end of the week - Clare)

Will Alpha 15 be added to consoles?

While we are not able to announce an official date at this time for future patches and releases, please know we are striving to improve the game in core areas and will have more to say in the coming weeks.

Will everything update at the same time?

As console and PC are two different beasts from an approval and submissions standpoint the answer is “probably not”. The console version of the game will update in blocks instead of the more fluid update system PCs can employ on a regular basis. This is partially due to approvals needed from both Microsoft and Sony when updates are submitted.

Because of the branching nature of the games - the games are very similar at the core - but will continue to vary in features in some ways as time goes on.

Updating the console fans

We are working on getting a regular message out to the Console players so we can keep you up to date with what's happening, as well as answering some common questions.

(I am working on getting a regular version of the "Message from the Team" posted in the News and Announcemnts section. But please note, due to times when the teams are really busy working on the game, the gap between some messages may be longer than others. -Clare)

----------------

As always, please don't post bug reports in these threads, please head to the Bug Reports section.

If you do have suggestions of topics you'd like me to put to the teams for the "Message from the Team" sections, please post em below.

Clare

The only thing we're waiting my gang and i is the release of alpha 15 ..... Since we know that we'll have to start all-over. Don't wait too long too release the game, we are in alpha after all and we could help you guys find the bugs.

I know some of the following were fixed/changed in the patch, but why don't people let the team worry about the problems that really matter instead of worrying about what the head lamp and bird nests look like! All these smaller "problems" will come in time. It's one thing to let them know about it and another to keep pushing for a fix.

Hey Claire

You always do an amazing job helping everyone with their questions, so thank you for your efforts. 😄 Do you have any idea if they're working on the POI's not showing up much on the random generated worlds? I know you probably get this question a lot 😂 But I'm just wondering, thanks in advance.

Low numbers of people playing the game means less people in game que so that's why it takes time... As the bugs get fixed and people start positively promoting the game hopefully more people will come to find how fun the game can be...but we all need to move to the positive and help the developers the best way we can...let them know of problems but work with them to fix them and grow the community sometimes all that takes is a little patience

Maybe no one is really trying to join randoms cause they just play private games with friends so randoms won't join and won't grief, shoot and steal stuff for no reasion!

And can't the host just kick anyone, so you try to join and if it does take to long to join and they just kick you, even more of a waste of time.

I only play private games! Or Single Player.

Sedans?

I wish for a 2 man vehicle. With all the sedans I wonder if one day we will be able to repire and drive them. I really wish for a jeep or a dune bug. Then a supply crate for the back and a brush guard... but then again if im wishing i would love to have dead reckoning from land of the dead that would be epic!!!

Really loving the game... (xbox one)

Hey Clare, wanted to say thank you for the timely updates and news. Really enjoying the game. But to be honest really really jealous of the PC guys. I know you guys are working hard and are dealing with the issues and pushing out patches. Out of everything that I would like to see fixed can we please get the rendering distance to extend 10 to 15 more blocks further. To me this would make a world of difference and it wouldn't feel like my character needs glasses. Lol

Also would it be possible to add in FOV? ( field of view) consoles usually doesn't get this option but since I've played Battlefield 1 beta, it's just a nice peripheral option to choose from.

1. Rendering distance increased

2. Adding FOV

Love this Game, It's everything I wanted and More, I had no Idea what was in Alpha 15, never played on PC but sounds like a dream come true, after 5 frustrating days of trying to figure this game out. Not full days, more like 5 minutes, mad turn it off, and come back in an hour over 5 days. I think I got it now: Day 158, died 3 times, 4 bases 7,000 ammo for firearms and can make 7,000 more and lived through the Ladder Bug.

But Thank you Claire and Team. I will look forward to your updates.

Thats what im talking bout. Distant terrain like in A15 for pc would make the ps4 and xbox feel like a new game. Would be awesome to see a horde coming a half mile away

Distant terrain is what it is called. Terrain. Even IF this feature makes it, it will not render in zombies from half a mile away. That might crash your game pretty quickly lol.

But basically you will see hills, roads, flatlands, and mountains in the distance. Nothing else, buildings or entities.

Dont think so

I always think it's funny whenever people talk about what consoles can/can't handle. Since when did people become electronic engineers all of the sudden?? The issue isnt the console,its the money going towards the game development from Telltale isnt enough because they dont care that much. Do your research

Is anyone having a problem looting zombies after hordes I feel like we have no time to loot them cause they get destroyed or they decomposed to fast idk

Alpha 15 got a feature where you can loot gore blocks so hopefully that is integrated into console somehow or another at some point.

Archived