Some Common Questions

Clare

This thread was started for the Common Questions. Please keep the thread on topic if you wish to discuss them etc.

All issues should be posted in the Console Bug Reports section if you want me to see them / get a response. I do not chase bugs in threads like this.

Once you exit your minibike, go to your map and throw down a quick waypoint. That should cut down on "losing" them, unless they glitch through the environment.

Just seen this reply thanks i just never thought of doing that but in all honesty how hard is it to make a icon of it on your compass you know

Hi Claire

I know you guys probably get asked this a lot, but can you give any insight into the next console update after version 1.10?

obviously we have been informed about the details on the features that will probably not transfer from PC to console anytime soon, but I cant seem to see any comments about ideas or updates as what may follow in the next update and what console players can hope to expect.

I know it has been 'suggested' that the console will probably be getting updates in the way of paid for DLC? again can you confirm on this? as if it is the case I will just transfer over to PC ;)

Hi Claire

I know you guys probably get asked this a lot, but can you give any insight into the next console update after version 1.10?

obviously we have been informed about the details on the features that will probably not transfer from PC to console anytime soon, but I cant seem to see any comments about ideas or updates as what may follow in the next update and what console players can hope to expect.

I know it has been 'suggested' that the console will probably be getting updates in the way of paid for DLC? again can you confirm on this? as if it is the case I will just transfer over to PC ;)

I bought pc version today aswell .... it's like I game twice the size so it feels like. 👍🏻

Hi Claire

There is no schedule available for upcoming updates. When the update goes into submission, that is when I am passed the notes from the team to post on here. The only thing that is constant so far is it's usually 1 month apart, but this is not set in stone and can be subject to change if there are delays etc.

I have not heard of any future plans for DLC. Some players ask for this (possibly hoping to get features sooner) or assume this is what will happen, but there is no evidence or word from the team to suggest this or otherwise. For now what we know is the features are being ported as part of patches.

is it the grand plan to move ALL the pc features over to console over time, or are we just getting a bulk of them and pressing on from there? i know its not easy to move every feature so i wasnt sure if you all were just going to pick and chose the favorites or whatnot. again i know it wont happen tommarow or in the next month, im just asking if thats the general goal

idk ive been trying to find out reese,

also another question, is there ANY way you can view a whole map on console. i know on pc theres a program that will show you the map for all randomgen towns but is there anything like that ps4 or does that fall into the realm of cheating? just so a player can get an idea of where roads/towns are and to make gameplans n whatnot

idk ive been trying to find out reese,

also another question, is there ANY way you can view a whole map on console. i know on pc theres a program that will show you the map for all randomgen towns but is there anything like that ps4 or does that fall into the realm of cheating? just so a player can get an idea of where roads/towns are and to make gameplans n whatnot

Idk about cheating, some might say that. I believe thats a mod for the PC. There is no way to view a map on the console to see whats generated. Im not really sure how TFP defines random gen. I usually spawn a creative mode version first and build a minibike to check it out. I dont want to sink countless hours into a map that may only be meh. That said it does ruin the suprise factor.

ugh why didnt i think of that! ive wasted soooo many new game MP hours doing that instead of planning ahead like you did. *mind blown before hanging head in shame* lol

No problem :). It actually took me awhile to realize i could do that as well or use it to practice building, base designs and so forth.

• 2 weeks later...
Was wondering because there are a fair amount of bugs also excited for new recipes

i see and update coming out in the next 4 weeks or so maybe earlier but don't hold your breath updates generally roll out monthly but February is only a real month once every four years , so my guess early march just in time for my Bday on the 19 th would be nice but in reality i don't care if it takes 4 months for the next update im just glad we get them to begin with .......still waiting on that BF1 update EA is to cheap they'll not put it out until the first DLC comes out so they can package the update with the DLC what cheap brats , im glad TFP and Telltale aren't so cheap , other wise we'd be waiting for the PC to go gold before we'd see any new updates

[PS4]

Hello all,

I'm new to this. I like the game. I signed up for PlayStation plus and TTG. The online game plays but when there is a server glitch I get booted off and lose all progress. I have fiber run straight to the house and a CAT5 connection between the PlayStation and the modem. Is there a way to save in game and recover a game if you step away to do something else......

Like eat or sleep?

Hello all,

I'm new to this. I like the game. I signed up for PlayStation plus and TTG. The online game plays but when there is a server glitch I get booted off and lose all progress. I have fiber run straight to the house and a CAT5 connection between the PlayStation and the modem. Is there a way to save in game and recover a game if you step away to do something else......

Like eat or sleep?

The game itself can have glitches, especially in multi-player. I don't think it has anything to do with your bandwidth per se. There is no in game mechanism to save manually. The game autosaves constantly. You shouldn't be losing that much? In any event stepping away can be bad. I did that once while standing on a stack of wooden frames because I had to use the restroom and was in the middle of nowhere. I came back to a zombie destroying them and me taking a fall... If you have to step away the best thing to do is to exit out if it will be awhile or find a "safe" place to hide. If youre hosting the online game I get that exiting isnt the best. Since you are on a PS4 make copious backups to a USB stick. Thats what i do. Heck I even back those up to a PC. That way I can roll back to several options if needed. Since you have PP plus you should also have the cloud save.

Love the game!

Hello, I just got the game a few days ago and it was so awesome I talked 4 of my friends into buying it. We all play on PS4. I am looking forward to the growing of this game. Me and my friends have such a good time building and exploring. We are playing on a Random Generated. I hope to see updates in this game even though the game is so fun as it is. My only problem is on the 7th day when the horde comes it can be very laggy. I can't wait to hear and see more for console. Keep it up guys and I'll keep promoting this to people I come across!.

REMINDER

This thread was for the questions in the original post and to discuss them. If you have any extra Qs do not post them in here, they will likely be missed. If you have any bugs and issues please post them in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section, this is where support is being run from and where you'll find me.

I'll prob close this thread if it continues to go off topic.

Clare

• 1 month later...

Trader PS4

Hello. I apologize in advance for my bad English. I'm from Russia and the necessary information found on the forum is quite difficult for me.

Is it planned to add a merchant to the console version? And also other functions from the PC? How much will it take?

Thank you for your attention and sorry if that's wrong something.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job clare and team!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello. I apologize in advance for my bad English. I'm from Russia and the necessary information found on the forum is quite difficult for me.

Is it planned to add a merchant to the console version? And also other functions from the PC? How much will it take?

Thank you for your attention and sorry if that's wrong something.

I think that traders may be implicated in Patch 12 or 13 maybe!

Suggestion box

I would like to see a blood trail to track injured animals.

Also can we please see a little bit farther??

Please adjust the map so I can navigate it like any other map in a video game. What's with the hold n drag stuff?

I'm also seeing weird shapes and holes in bodies of water around anywhere I've done work.

Thankyou

Some interesting questions here, been around awhile in game so will summarize the questions with anything I can to help answer them:)

The blood trail is a nice Idea but once you have a crossbow or hunting rifle/sniper, crouching for the sneak damage normally kills em outright.

Mind you, you can chase pigs to kill em same with chickens and rabbits, it's just the damn stags that Need to be hunted more carefully.

Apart from bears, for them go high and shoot as fast as possible:)

There is a draw distance modifier in the options somewhere, but I am happy with the draw distance as is tbh, you get used to it, but hey feel free to try it and see if it helps you:)

Traders? PC only for now, until they get the balance and everything else working on PC b4 we get it on consoles.

1st question was already answered but will add it in anyway, as of yet no we cannot craft them. Some things have to be scavved only it seems.

Not sure what was meant about adjusting map, did you mean to have it move automatically as you move pointer to edge or something else? I have found having multiple points saved and snapping to them is normally enough, the hold and drag system works well for me but its interesting that someone wants another system, the devs vis Clare would need more info for them to work with:)

Archived