True Survival

Spider

@ Vormithrax-

Yes I know you will not get enough nails just completing the prier quest. That is intended. The starter quest are task you must complete with the burden of figuring out your path to completing them left up to you. Steal, Loot, Craft or Destroy stuff. Just because you have a quest doesn't mean you can finish it right away. For the Iron Club Quest you have to build it on a Anvil and purchase the skill but I don't hold you hand through every step, I give you a goal and let you figure out how you want to achieve it.

@obsidianmcbovril-

People are online on the server and I logged in to just to make sure everything is working.

@obsidianmcbovril-

People are online on the server and I logged in to just to make sure everything is working.

I can't just be me since the update? I've refreshed the launcher and mod countless times in the last half hour or so. errors about mortar n pestle, loadin of blocks aborted due to errors, ERR at blockshapemodelentity, etc.

Guess I'll be wiping and fresh installing then.

Plank Quest text fix

The Plank quest still has no quest text. I've updated my quest.xml with the old text I added earlier.

<!-- Basic Survival 24 - Build Planks /> -->
<quest id="quest_BasicSurvival24" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="Building with Planks" subtitle_key="Building with Wooden Planks" description_key="Buiding or patching up a defensive structure becomes much more viable with large planks. Craft two types of large wooden planks to learn their value in fortifying a base." icon="ui_game_symbol_armor_leather" category_key="quest">
<objective type="Craft" id="1x3Planks" value="1" />
<objective type="Craft" id="2x5Planks" value="1" />
<objective type="BlockPlace" id="1x3Planks" value="1" />
<objective type="BlockPlace" id="2x5Planks" value="1" />
<reward type="Exp" value="400" />
</quest>

If anyone wants to update theirs I've included the code I use to replace the default quest code for quest_BasicSurvival24 (plank quest)

@ Vormithrax-

Yes I know you will not get enough nails just completing the prier quest. That is intended. The starter quest are task you must complete with the burden of figuring out your path to completing them left up to you. Steal, Loot, Craft or Destroy stuff. Just because you have a quest doesn't mean you can finish it right away. For the Iron Club Quest you have to build it on a Anvil and purchase the skill but I don't hold you hand through every step, I give you a goal and let you figure out how you want to achieve it.

@obsidianmcbovril-

Went to continue game, all of our journal entries and quests has vanished since update... what happened? we need them to progress..

@ Vormithrax-

@obsidianmcbovril-

Went to continue game, all uncolpleted quests are gone, only the completed ones are there and also the journal entries are gone as well. Is there a way to get them back? It seems I need them to progress.

Can confirm

Same thing happened to the quests/journal entries in my existing game. A new game had the full list as usual.

Something has also happened to the claw hammer operation. It no longer breaks down wood materials like it did before. I can create/upgrade a wood frame with no problem. But if i try to disassemble that wood block with the claw hammer it only removes 1 point of durability at a time (using lvl 95 hammer, a 490 hammer does 4 durability per swing). Something changed/broke with the recent patch.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the mod with no change. I believe the other material tools (brickhammer, concrete hammer, etc) are having the same problem, although i don't have as much experience with them and their associated materials under this new system to be certain.

All my testing is being done on single player games, not the community server btw.

Just a bit of feedback on Melee skill progression speed. I'm level 61 with 850+ zombie kills. 90%+ of them have been killed with my Spiked Club. My skill in Blunt Weapons is only 15, and 1-5 were grinded by hitting buildings to gain skill. I'd expect it to be 25-40 ish by now. I think the speed could use a little bump :)

Should we start a new game with the patch?

Any minute change to the quests.xml invalidates all the current quests so I would recommend starting a new game. I found this out when I changed the text on a quest one time because it was missing the quest text and it invalidated all my currently active quests.

Just a bit of feedback on Melee skill progression speed. I'm level 61 with 850+ zombie kills. 90%+ of them have been killed with my Spiked Club. My skill in Blunt Weapons is only 15, and 1-5 were grinded by hitting buildings to gain skill. I'd expect it to be 25-40 ish by now. I think the speed could use a little bump :)

youre level 61 with 850 zombie kills i dont think anything needs a little bump

this isnt vanilla, remember?

youre level 61 with 850 zombie kills i dont think anything needs a little bump

this isnt vanilla, remember?

I disagree. I'm all for the grind & difficulty. That's why I play this mod. But everything must be balanced (and most things are balanced quite well).

I'm not asking for it to be changed for me. There are lots of other people who play the mod, and I post feedback here to help improve it for everyone. Now if you have something constructive to add?

Edited by daydark (see edit history)

I'm trying to get a server running with this mod for a few friends. I've been unable to get it up-and-running though.

The server is running on a Linux server, and I've done the following:

Installed a fresh copy of my server using the -beta alpha16.2 option.

Used svn to pull down the files from github for the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed, Data, and Mods folders --force to overwrite.

Replaced the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/resources.assets file via the link on this thread (Is this actually needed for the server?)

Currently, the log shows a bunch of errors like this:

(Filename: Line: 442)

Failed getting crunch texture info.

(Filename: Line: 24)

DoDeCruncherJob failed.

(Filename: Line: 329)

Failed getting crunch texture info.

(Filename: Line: 24)

Decrunching failed.

(Filename: Line: 395)

AsyncResourceUpload failed.

and then eventually this:

SDX: Could not find bundle 'Potato'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2017-09-09T16:11:38 3.471 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#Potato?PotatoPrefab' not found on block with id 260)

2017-09-09T16:11:38 3.472 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

...and suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

I disagree. I'm all for the grind & difficulty. That's why I play this mod. But everything must be balanced (and most things are balanced quite well).

I'm not asking for it to be changed for me. There are lots of other people who play the mod, and I post feedback here to help improve it for everyone. Now if you have something constructive to add?

Have you read any of spiders posts ever? Hes not going to change something just because you want it. It takes a while to get iron and spiked clubs so not everyone is running around at level 5 with spiked clubs. Ive tested the mod extensively through 3 wipes and this is the first post ive seen about the progression of the club being unbalanced. You are the only one who has given feedback on this.

Hi guys, just a few things to report.

- In POIs, spawns were said to be decreased in comparison to vanilla 16.2. I feel it's roughly the same, no problem about that. But the thing is that some zombies respawn in front of me at the exact same place I killed a zombie 15 seconds ago. This just make any room not secure even after having cleaned it up. Do you experience that too ? May be having modded the POI's spawns has triggered some kind of limited spawning loop.

- When I loot a zombie corpse, 20 to 30% of the time I can loot it again after leaving corpse loot box (corpse saying "searched" and is not empty instead of exploding and deleting any search hit box option). The loot on the corpse is the exact same I already looted, so that's a bit game breaking. Experiencing that ?

- What's the time for loot to respawn ? After 150 days or so, when some loot has been left in boxes (sinks, mailboxes... anything with "Searched" status) and the loot is removed/looted, the box goes back to "Untouched" status right after. And new loot populates the box. While in the meantime, any "Empty" box that is around remains empty. So, I'd say loot don't respawn in TS (confirmation needed), but there would be some kind of incoherence then with not emptied boxes that can deliver further loot.

Hi guys, just a few things to report.

- In POIs, spawns were said to be decreased in comparison to vanilla 16.2. I feel it's roughly the same, no problem about that. But the thing is that some zombies respawn in front of me at the exact same place I killed a zombie 15 seconds ago. This just make any room not secure even after having cleaned it up. Do you experience that too ? May be having modded the POI's spawns has triggered some kind of limited spawning loop.

- When I loot a zombie corpse, 20 to 30% of the time I can loot it again after leaving corpse loot box (corpse saying "searched" and is not empty instead of exploding and deleting any search hit box option). The loot on the corpse is the exact same I already looted, so that's a bit game breaking. Experiencing that ?

- What's the time for loot to respawn ? After 150 days or so, when some loot has been left in boxes (sinks, mailboxes... anything with "Searched" status) and the loot is removed/looted, the box goes back to "Untouched" status right after. And new loot populates the box. While in the meantime, any "Empty" box that is around remains empty. So, I'd say loot don't respawn in TS (confirmation needed), but there would be some kind of incoherence then with not emptied boxes that can deliver further loot.

Yea, i wouldnt use the pois added by the compopack for a base, they tend to spawn zombies even if you have a sleeping bag down.

Thought spiders fix made it so you couldnt dupe in corpses? hmmmm

Yea, the loot has respawned, so once you take out the stuff left in there it instantly respawns. It takes 100 days since the last time a container was looted for it to respawn. The loot doesnt respawn unless you leave something in the container. So if youre looting then leave a piece of paper or something in it if you want to loot it again in 100 days.

Have you read any of spiders posts ever? Hes not going to change something just because you want it. It takes a while to get iron and spiked clubs so not everyone is running around at level 5 with spiked clubs. Ive tested the mod extensively through 3 wipes and this is the first post ive seen about the progression of the club being unbalanced. You are the only one who has given feedback on this.

You obviously either can't read, or you don't understand basic mechanics of this mod.

I am not talking about Spiked Club skill, which is a crafting skill. I am talking about Blunt Weapons skill, which applies to all blunt weapons, including the Wooden Club you can craft at level 1.

I'll save future replies on this topic for people who have enough basic mod knowledge to weigh in on the issue.

Oh, and it was ME who raided your firestation base.

Edited by daydark (see edit history)

just wanted to chime in... all active quests gone,,,

aa well was time for a restart anyway...

great mod,, love the " hardness" feel i really have to fight to stay alive, having hard time with the new "vitality" system.. but just another thing to learn.

only " problem" i have is,,

its much MUCH more easy to break through the walls to gain entry to stuff,,,

like a 300 HP door take alot of time with stone axe.. but a 1500 Brick wall takes 4-5 swings with a hammer.

from lvl 1 to 14.. never broke through a door.. allways the walls...

that just feels wrong...

cheers

Canadus

You obviously either can't read, or you don't understand basic mechanics of this mod.

I am not talking about Spiked Club skill, which is a crafting skill. I am talking about Blunt Weapons skill, which applies to all weapons, including the Wooden Club you can craft at level 1.

I'll save future replies on this topic for people who have enough basic mod knowledge to weigh in on the issue.

Oh, and it was ME who raided your firestation base.

Bahahahahahahaaa!

It's ok, it's constructive laughter.