True Survival

Spider

@skolano-

-Hitting things already makes noise that attracts zombies in the vanilla game

-Opening doors and containers also make noise that attracts zombies in the vanilla game(Tip:quick searching also makes more noise than normal searching)

-Going into your inventory/map also already makes a noise that attracts zombies in the vanilla game(Tip: -Crouching makes all noises your create less)

-Scratches and Broken legs do not attract zombies but if you don't tend to your scratches in a timely manner they can get infected and attract zombies.

-All in all I like the way you think though.

Some of these things do not work in A16 because the smell system has been turned off by TFP. Hopefully it will be back in A17 its a very important game mechanic.

@Ezrah Karotan & naxter60-

I haven't looked at the Mod code in ages and I'm too drunk atm but I think TS brought back the stone arrow/bolt and dropped the carbon arrow. I think.... or maybe you just cant craft the carbon arrow...hmmm.... don't remember........ there's my beer mmmmmm .(thank god for spell check)

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@skolano-

-Opening doors and containers also make noise that attracts zombies in the vanilla game(Tip:quick searching also makes more noise than normal searching)

-Going into your inventory/map also already makes a noise that attracts zombies in the vanilla game(Tip: -Crouching makes all noises your create less)

-Scratches and Broken legs do not attract zombies but if you don't tend to your scratches in a timely manner they can get infected and attract zombies.

Some of these things do not work in A16 because the smell system has been turned off by TFP. Hopefully it will be back in A17 its a very important game mechanic.

I haven't looked at the Mod code in ages and I'm too drunk atm but I think TS brought back the stone arrow/bolt and dropped the carbon arrow. I think.... or maybe you just cant craft the carbon arrow...hmmm.... don't remember........ there's my beer mmmmmm .(thank god for spell check)

The carbon arrow perk is still in the mod but nothing fires it, and there's no recipe. Carbon xbow fires steel bolts. The compound bow will fire the steel arrows.

Hope that helps.

Maybe my searching skill sucks, but I couldn't find anything about this in the thread.... why are my mini bikes so much slower on road than off road?

I can't say exactly why but I have my own thoughts on it:

The fast travel speed buff that the player gets on roads seems to have the opposite affect on minibikes. I can only assume that this is intentional to stop the bikes from being super fast and causing server crashes(people with a high ping always seem to have issues when it comes to bikes).

Just ride on the gravel/grass verge when following roads to avoid the slow down.

@skolano-

Thanks, yeah, I found out about the steel arrows; still having problems with the null reference exception problem near traders though, not entirely certain why, and the output_log is of no help [it's referencing 'file unknown' as the source of the error, so I've no way of tracking it down, makes me feel like it might be a mistake TFP themselves made.]

Specific Error Below

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Made some headway.

I think what it was, was a problem with the approach an attack routine in the traders

<property name="AITask-1" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityAlive" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityAlive" />

This wasn't used anywhere else within the entityclasses.xml at all, so I looked for an example of how to write a setastargetifhurt property, and pulled this [from a jzmod entity I believe]

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />

<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityPlayer" />

<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />

<property name="AITarget-4" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityAnimalRabbit" />

<property name="AITarget-5" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityNPC" />

Which I used to replace the entityAlive one since that seemed invalid.

I tried to replace

The approach an attack one with

<property name="AITask-1" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />

and the zombies didn't seem to make the trader freak out anymore, however bandits still do... do bandits not show up as 'enemies' I don't know exactly what param1 is, it appears to be the target of the routine/what condition to execute under, but I don't know what the allowable values are, or what a 'bandit' would be considered under that system.

Anyone have any insight, I think I'm pretty close to solving this particular problem.

Edited by Ezrah Karotan (see edit history)

I can't say exactly why but I have my own thoughts on it:

The fast travel speed buff that the player gets on roads seems to have the opposite affect on minibikes. I can only assume that this is intentional to stop the bikes from being super fast and causing server crashes(people with a high ping always seem to have issues when it comes to bikes).

Just ride on the gravel/grass verge when following roads to avoid the slow down.

Yup, looks like you were right. I removed the buff from the asphalt block and now my bike moves at normal speed. Strangely, it feels like I still have the fast movement effect when I'm on foot.... so it's a win win!

Also a minor cosmetic issue, it doesn't effect gameplay, but is anyone else getting the thing where the javelin model stays on your hand when you have anything else equiped when you've loaded a spear with one? [only on the other tools, it feels like the model is synced to be 'inside' the spear, while you're weilding it, but because of the difference in hand position and angle at which the arm is held, and the lack of the spear, it shows up in your hands while holding other items.

Another potential issue, this one more serious. I tried to use herbal cream on a burn, because I had no aloe on me, and it was a long way home [i took it, hoping to give myself more hp, so I could get to proper medicine] and it removed the 'blistering skin' debuff, and gave me an infected wound... don't know if that is intentional or not.

Edited by Ezrah Karotan (see edit history)

I'm having an issue. I'm trying to put up a server for my friends and I to play the mod on and for some reason it shows the server is up but everytime we try and connect it just says "server still initializing please try again"

Is there a fix to this or am I doing something wrong?

Also a minor cosmetic issue, it doesn't effect gameplay, but is anyone else getting the thing where the javelin model stays on your hand when you have anything else equiped when you've loaded a spear with one? [only on the other tools, it feels like the model is synced to be 'inside' the spear, while you're weilding it, but because of the difference in hand position and angle at which the arm is held, and the lack of the spear, it shows up in your hands while holding other items.

I think this is an issue with the game engine it runs on, the same thing happens in Conan Exiles, except it's an arrow sticking out of whatever tool lol. Quit restart usually fixes.

I'm having an issue. I'm trying to put up a server for my friends and I to play the mod on and for some reason it shows the server is up but everytime we try and connect it just says "server still initializing please try again"

Is there a fix to this or am I doing something wrong?

Do you have this issue still?

I would recommend checking on the server logs for errors that are preventing it from starting properly.

This also can happen if it is still loading or generating the world.

downloading manually

is there any other way to download the mod files without using 7d2d launcher and github? 7d2d launcher wont work for some reason and github also stops half way through, just need the files that are on github, thanks

EDIT: dont know why the files wouldn't download via github but they finally did, sorted thanks

Edited by 7days2live (see edit history)

Does 120 minute days affect nutrition more than 60 minutes? I'm playing 120 minute days and I cannot for the life of me get rid of bad diets. Day 24, I have died twice, both from eating glass because my nutrition went to bad diet and malnurished twice, rendering my character practically unusable with the stamina and food drain. I have also died one other time from three sleepers waking up and killing me at the end of the night 21 horde, but I had a bad diet then as well so it was actually a nice change of pace not having to eat every 2 minutes. If it was just the stamina drain it wouldn't be so bad but with the food dropping so fast it's better off just to kill yourself rather than eat all of your food stores in one day. I eat kabobs, fruit salad, meat pies, fruit salad, kabobs, fruit salad, meat pies fruit salad, etc, and the bad diet will just not go away. I think I'm getting full before I can outpace the nutritional drop, like there just isn't enough room in my stomach (100%) for me to eat enough to get the nutrition back over bad diet. I like the mechanic but it seems incredibly broken. I really like everything else in this mod, but the nutrition dropping to bad diet every 2 days no matter what I eat is ruining the experience. If I could freakin get rid of the bad diet that would be great, but it never goes away. Is there a console command to increase nutrition so I can just get back to the normal nutritional value (the value with no name, below good diet and above bad diet)? It's really ruining the experience for me, everything else I can handle, it's very challenging, I really love the grinding, and the difficulty is very fun for me (1829 hours played.) Thanks for making this mod.

Edited by djskagnetti (see edit history)

Does 120 minute days affect nutrition more than 60 minutes? I'm playing 120 minute days and I cannot for the life of me get rid of bad diets. Day 24, I have died twice, both from eating glass because my nutrition went to bad diet and malnurished twice, rendering my character practically unusable with the stamina and food drain. I have also died one other time from three sleepers waking up and killing me at the end of the night 21 horde, but I had a bad diet then as well so it was actually a nice change of pace not having to eat every 2 minutes. If it was just the stamina drain it wouldn't be so bad but with the food dropping so fast it's better off just to kill yourself rather than eat all of your food stores in one day. I eat kabobs, fruit salad, meat pies, fruit salad, kabobs, fruit salad, meat pies fruit salad, etc, and the bad diet will just not go away. I think I'm getting full before I can outpace the nutritional drop, like there just isn't enough room in my stomach (100%) for me to eat enough to get the nutrition back over bad diet. I like the mechanic but it seems incredibly broken. I really like everything else in this mod, but the nutrition dropping to bad diet every 2 days no matter what I eat is ruining the experience. If I could freakin get rid of the bad diet that would be great, but it never goes away. Is there a console command to increase nutrition so I can just get back to the normal nutritional value (the value with no name, below good diet and above bad diet)? It's really ruining the experience for me, everything else I can handle, it's very challenging, I really love the grinding, and the difficulty is very fun for me (1829 hours played.) Thanks for making this mod.

After death your nutrition resets. But it then seems to spiral downward for whatever reason. I've warmed to it as a penalty for dying.

Best way to fix...freeze yourself. Wear a poncho and eat as soon as your food drops below 100%. works best with large mres. Or if you are chef, healthy meals. You need food with high nutrition to fix your diet, so fruit salad is useless. You really don't need to eat anything but kabobs or meat pies to maintain a healthy diet. Chef is a bonus if you play with a group of people.

Too many stims will give you a bad diet too fyi.

can't cook meat pies on the food prep station; I put all the ingredients in via the smelter interface, the number for 'meat' and 'grain' are green, but the recipe is greyed out and when I click craft it says 'you don't have the resources for this'.

The ingredients are written wrong in recipes.xml

The prep table ingredient asks for 'grainServing' when in actual fact it should be 'unit_grain'. It's a simple fix if you are confident at editing the xml file. Just search for meatpie

Another potential issue, this one more serious. I tried to use herbal cream on a burn, because I had no aloe on me, and it was a long way home [i took it, hoping to give myself more hp, so I could get to proper medicine] and it removed the 'blistering skin' debuff, and gave me an infected wound... don't know if that is intentional or not.

YOur injuries will stack. If you'd have been set on fire with no other injuries you would have got something like 'pain' and 'wound'. I'm guessing you were already at something like bandaged wound, wound or severe wound when you got lit up.

best thing to do is try your best not to get injured when you already are. Esp if you can't make grain alc.

A workaround for the wood spear....buy the perk. Don't ask me how it fixes the mesh issue but it does. Or never use them.

For anyone seeking continued support, you can post here

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?81823-True-Survival-Mod-Unofficial-Server-With-bug-fixes-and-game-play-balancing

I've spent a lot of time with this mod, both playing, editing and balancing. More than happy to help with questions relating but I don't check this thread much any more.

Ive had a little time with it too.:cocksure:

@djskagnetti

I can guarantee it is the 120 min days that is breaking your game. It breaks a few of the buff systems. That is the reason for the listed required settings and 60 min days is one of them. Those settings ensure a balanced, challenging game experience.

P.S.-

Where the *$%@# is A17!:rant:

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@Spider

Not trying to hijack your mod, man. Far from it. Just offering continued support, along with bug fixes to current build.

This mod(your mod) is 7DTD for me. So thanks.

I'm just upping the difficulty some more now we have resident veterans of the mod and I have ironed out the necessary fixes.

If you'd be willing, I'd like to put my changes on your github? Github is a bastard to figure out(along with the file upload limit). It's cool if not. the only changes that don't push to client are my new hud sprites anyways.

Thanks for a great mod. All of my favorite games are those with mods like this.

My desire and interest has also helped me to learn a lot about coding also. To the point where I'm looking for a new career path now. So double thanks. :)

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

If you'd be willing, I'd like to put my changes on your github?

Github has branching; Spider could give you a branch that you commit your changes to and he can later decide to merge them with the master branch or not.

The catch is that I'm not sure 7D2D launcher allows pulling from non-master branches, so if any of your changes are needed client side, those files would still have to be done manually.

https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/#

After death your nutrition resets. But it then seems to spiral downward for whatever reason. I've warmed to it as a penalty for dying.

Best way to fix...freeze yourself. Wear a poncho and eat as soon as your food drops below 100%. works best with large mres. Or if you are chef, healthy meals. You need food with high nutrition to fix your diet, so fruit salad is useless. You really don't need to eat anything but kabobs or meat pies to maintain a healthy diet. Chef is a bonus if you play with a group of people.

Too many stims will give you a bad diet too fyi.

I had this problem earlier on. I've also figured out that you need to eat about 15 nutrition points to get to a good diet, otherwise you will have a bad diet after a certain period. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Things like Fruit Salad and maybe the veggie salad don't actually have nutrition points. So I only eat them once I have a good diet and eat the foods with nutrition points when I don't have the good diet buff. the MREs have good nutrition points, meat pies and kabobs are good as well. I think the large have 3 pts, med have 2 pts and small have 1 pt. As I said, you need to get to 15 or so for a good diet. That's my experience anyway.

Cheers

Correct info-

I had this problem earlier on. I've also figured out that you need to eat about 15 nutrition points to get to a good diet, otherwise you will have a bad diet after a certain period. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Things like Fruit Salad and maybe the veggie salad don't actually have nutrition points. So I only eat them once I have a good diet and eat the foods with nutrition points when I don't have the good diet buff. the MREs have good nutrition points, meat pies and kabobs are good as well. I think the large have 3 pts, med have 2 pts and small have 1 pt. As I said, you need to get to 15 or so for a good diet. That's my experience anyway.

Cheers

You slowly lose Nutrition over time (Metabolize) and must eat healthy foods to keep the stat up.