<property name="damage_category" value="metal" />
     <property name="surface_category" value="metal" />
     <property name="Hardness" type="float" value="1" />
     <property name="stepsound" value="[color="#FFFF00"]metal[/color]" />
     <property name="stability_glue" value="36" />
     <property name="Mass" type="int" value="6" />
  <property name="MaxDamage" value="500" />
  </material>

No they are not stairs they do look a lot like stairs but they are just "damaged" full blocks for aesthetics to give the feeling that they were destroyed.

While these are full blocks, what do you think about adding upgrade code to them so that they upgrade to "fixed" blocks instead of damaged blocks? As it is now, they upgrade directly to cobblestone full blocks since they extend from Brick.

ie.

<block id="583" name="brick_decayed_broke1">

<property name="Extends" value="brick" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="Buildings/brick_decayed_broke_1" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="Map.Color" value="94,84,75" />

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="cobblestones" value="4" />

</property>

</block>

to...

<block id="583" name="brick_decayed_broke1">

<property name="Extends" value="brick" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="Buildings/brick_decayed_broke_1" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="Map.Color" value="94,84,75" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayed" />

<property name="Item" value="cobblestones" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="5" />

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />

</property>

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="cobblestones" value="4" />

</property>

</block>

Update (2/7/16)

Version 1.13

+Blocks

Prior to this update the concreteTrim2Broke1 /2 /3 /4 blocks did not have any upgrade path.

Fixed upgrade paths of:

paintedBrickBroke1: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickpainted" />

paintedBrickBroke2: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickpainted" />

paintedBrickBroke3: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickpainted" />

brick_decayed_broke1: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayed" />

brick_decayed_broke2: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayed" />

brick_decayed_broke3: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayed" />

tanBrickDecayedBroke1: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayedTan" />

tanBrickDecayedBroke2: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayedTan" />

tanBrickDecayedBroke3: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="brickDecayedTan" />

concreteTrim2Broke1: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="concreteTrim2" />

concreteTrim2Broke2: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="concreteTrim2" />

concreteTrim2Broke3: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="concreteTrim2" />

concreteTrim2Broke4: <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="concreteTrim2" />

Update (2/8/16)

Version 1.14

+Items

Fixed added some missing code and added repair value so that the flashlight can now be repaired using repair kits.

<item id="735" name="flashlight02">
	<property name="Class" value="ItemClassToggle" />
	<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Tools/flashlight02Prefab" />
	<property name="Material" value="metal" />
	<property name="Weight" value="5" />
	<property name="HoldType" value="13" />
	[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />
	<property name="Degradation" value="100" param1="true" />[/color]
	<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" />
	<property name="ActivateObject" value="lightSource" />
	<property class="Action0">
		<!-- AttackAction -->
		<property name="Class" value="Melee" />
		<property name="Delay" value="1.1" />
		<property name="Range" value="2.0" />
		<property name="Sphere" value="0.1" />
		<property name="DamageEntity" value="6" />
		<property name="DamageBlock" value=".7" />
		<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh" />
		<property name="Stamina_usage" value="8" />
		<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="2" />
		<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
	</property>
	<property name="Group" value="Decor/Miscellaneous" />
	<property class="Preview">
		<property name="Pos" value="-0.15,-0.8" />
	</property>
	<property class="Attributes">
		<property name="DegradationMax" value="30,600" />
		[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="DegradationRate" value="1,1" />[/color]
	</property>
</item>

I am thinking that it is because the flashlight is not a weapon "part" and has no part type so it wont be repaired with the weapon.

If for eg this code was added to the core dll files it could then theoretically work but since no such code exists I have simply made it possible to repair it like any other weapon or item by taking it out of the weapon and repairing it manually

<property name="PartType" value="Attachment" />

I am thinking that it is because the flashlight is not a weapon "part" and has no part type so it wont be repaired with the weapon.

If for eg this code was added to the core dll files it could then theoretically work but since no such code exists I have simply made it possible to repair it like any other weapon or item by taking it out of the weapon and repairing it manually

<property name="PartType" value="Attachment" />

this might have an unintended drawback of repairs costing more since there will be an extra item to suck up repair points. It's not really an issue since there is no difference between a 1 dura flashlight and a 600 dura flashlight, they dont get damaged over time, and the qual of a flashlight is not included in the gun quality.

Edit: just read your comments again. If it doesn't repair with the rest of the gun and only repairs when removed then it only matters for those whose OCD doesn't sit well with a flashlight not being at full health :p

Hey all, after updating the xml files from the OP version 1.4 on to a dedicated server i'm getting a hash error in the allocs command pannel for the files that i updated.

Does this affect game play or should i not worry about it?

I have no idea what would cause any issues with the latest update from 1.13 to 1.14 I only added 3 lines of code to the flashlight and the code is clean.

I dont run a server or anything and not sure about any of that stuff maybe did you upload the Version.txt file or something that could be causing the issue...

I dont think the error is anything to worry about but I do not like the sounds of an error and have not had any reports of these files causing any errors before from anyone so I would try to make sure it gets cleared up somehow.

invalid hash

I have no idea what would cause any issues with the latest update from 1.13 to 1.14 I only added 3 lines of code to the flashlight and the code is clean.I dont run a server or anything and not sure about any of that stuff maybe did you upload the Version.txt file or something that could be causing the issue...I dont think the error is anything to worry about but I do not like the sounds of an error and have not had any reports of these files causing any errors before from anyone so I would try to make sure it gets cleared up somehow.

It seems to do it with any modified xml and only in the allocs console on reboot.

It seems fine in the game command window and everything works fine in game.

I'm guessing its allocs mod that doesn't refresh something?

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/blocks.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/entityclasses.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/items.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/loot.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/materials.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/progression.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/recipes.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/spawning.xml has invalid hash

It seems to do it with any modified xml and only in the allocs console on reboot.

It seems fine in the game command window and everything works fine in game.

I'm guessing its allocs mod that doesn't refresh something?

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/blocks.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/entityclasses.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/items.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/loot.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/materials.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/progression.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/recipes.xml has invalid hash

INF Modified file (server will go to the modded category): Data/Config/spawning.xml has invalid hash

Isnt this just saying that you have a modified file and it will be considered as a modified server because the files dont match vanilla?

Yeah i would think so, fixed now, thanks for posting!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (2/11/16)

Version 1.15

carBattery: Fixed stack number is now 1 from 5

padlock: Fixed stack number is now 1 from 50

I understand the no-stach for those kinds of items and dont know if its possible or a lot of work but it would be nice to stack same level loot like say I made 5 level 500 pick axes and 1 level 501 the 5 level 500 pick axes would be nice to stack as well as other stuff. At the same time they would have to be the same level and not damaged to work otherwise something might happen to the health of the other 4 pick axes.

Would be nice but its not possible.

Yeah I figured as much lol. Would be nice though. I forgot to say thanks for the fix, I was not getting zeds in my custom prefab locations went like 4 days building defenses when I realized hey I have not seen one zed. I still have not seen a screamer but did get a medium sized roaming horde swing by to visit me.

Is there a way to keep them out of my base? they started spawning inside my walls now, not many but some. Where are those dang screamers lol.

Archived