You have enough acid to make the fuel saver mod or the chemistry station. Which?

I was in exactly this situation yesterday. I opted for the fuel saver as I was still about 15 magazines away from the chemistry station.

6 hours ago, thatguybeard said:

I’d say either chem station or go to nearest town, breakdown all the cars, and then make both. Unless you get really unlucky you should have enough at that point to not have to choose.

To harvest acid from cars you have to have the Wasteland Treasure Book.

My preferred method for obtaining fuel (from early game even through to late game), is to wrench cars and pickup all fuel when looting so for me it would be fuel saver mod; by the time i get a chemistry station i use it primarily for making gunpowder, not so much for turning shale into fuel.          some things in the game (even late game) i like to do the harder way, ie in late game everything can be too easy, so i "slow things down" a little by obtaining fuel the hard way ; i do of course turn shale into fuel if i have it, but i just don't often go on mass-shale gathering expeditions anymore

10 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I was in exactly this situation yesterday. I opted for the fuel saver as I was still about 15 magazines away from the chemistry station.

Not disagreeing, but that is an answer to a slightly different question.  

Edited by 8_Hussars (see edit history)

• ElCabong changed the title to You have enough acid to make the fuel saver mod or the chemistry station. Which?