Charismatic Nature Should Apply To You At All Levels

NolanStaark

Title says it all, but is there a reason Charismatic Nature only applies to Allies and Party Members, and not the person investing the 21 points to get it? I know it's probably a moot point at higher levels, but I've always wondered "why not?"

2 hours ago, NolanStaark said:

Title says it all, but is there a reason Charismatic Nature only applies to Allies and Party Members, and not the person investing the 21 points to get it? I know it's probably a moot point at higher levels, but I've always wondered "why not?"

Yeah, it's kinda crappy to have a perk that's completely worthless in single player. It's good in multiplayer, but you need two people in your party to invest in it in order to get the benefits for everyone. Pretty bad design.

5 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Yeah, it's kinda crappy to have a perk that's completely worthless in single player. It's good in multiplayer, but you need two people in your party to invest in it in order to get the benefits for everyone. Pretty bad design.

Nope, have to disagree. That is actually an old idea/mechanic. It´s the same with bards in many fantasy universes. They often can boost the moral but usually that´s for the rest of the party only and not for the bard himself.

It would be bad design to call a perk charismatic nature if you can use it alone, because that would have nothing to do with charisma. So imo either keep it like it is or remove it.

I really don´t see any problem with one person having to put in points in MP. That´s normal for many perks when playing Coop that only one persons put´s points into it.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

You think ? 😉

I come from the AD&D 2nd edition era. (Still my fav edition) My gaming group made up all kinds of rules to allow this kind of play style and created a genetic inheritance system for the resulting offspring.

8 hours ago, Old Crow said:

The game is targeted as a Co-Op PvE so I would say it is fine in terms of design.  For those of us that play SP, we need to realize that the game isn't balanced towards us.  That is why mods are great to have to fix those things that really apply to Co-Op play or balances made for a party of survivors rather than one survivor.

@Black_Wolf has a mod that changes the perk so it applies to you also.  Even if you don't like the other changes he made to the perk system, you can always pull that code out and make a small modlet that only changes Charismatic Nature.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Nope, have to disagree. That is actually an old idea/mechanic. It´s the same with bards in many fantasy universes. They often can boost the moral but usually that´s for the rest of the party only and not for the bard himself.

It would be bad design to call a perk charismatic nature if you can use it alone, because that would have nothing to do with charisma. So imo either keep it like it is or remove it.

I really don´t see any problem with one person having to put in points in MP. That´s normal for many perks when playing Coop that only one persons put´s points into it.

If we want to go into DnD analogies, Paladins are also charisma based as well. They benefit from their own Aura's...

I have to disagree about using it alone, charismatic speeches could include psyching one's self up, or maybe exist in the form of self affirmations. 
Charism is just how likeable your character is, this would be including itself (self esteem/confidence)
Getting a +1 in every Ability would give me quite a bit of confidence.

Also aren't Bards a Jack-Of-All-Trades, to me the analogy of a bard is actually more convincing, than not, to let (at least Tier 5) affect the player

Edited by NolanStaark (see edit history)

Although it would get more use if it affected you as well, I didn't really care either way.  I use it in a group to buff my party member but I don't feel like I need it in single player.