Tier 5 Infested Needs a Squad

Okay -- I tried a Tier 5 Infested.

I used up ALL my ammo just clearing the first wave. We're talking 150 rounds of shotgun from my pump, and all 480 rounds of 7.62. Didn't even have a CHANCE to stealth this thing. Everything woke up at once and all the palaver just trying to essentially get past the front door woke up everything else in the building. They were battering their way through doors and windows and walls to come out and join the fun, running right off the roof and dropping down in front of me. I had ferals and radioactive everything.

I recall when infested first came into the game and this was a hoot with a buddy. Felt as tense as that moment in Aliens when the xenomorphs are trying to storm the command room of Hadley's Hope. THIS is going to require a squad if I'm to keep going :D ... and I'm also going to need to build an ammo factory. Or two. 

26 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

Okay -- I tried a Tier 5 Infested.

I used up ALL my ammo just clearing the first wave. We're talking 150 rounds of shotgun from my pump, and all 480 rounds of 7.62. Didn't even have a CHANCE to stealth this thing. Everything woke up at once and all the palaver just trying to essentially get past the front door woke up everything else in the building. They were battering their way through doors and windows and walls to come out and join the fun, running right off the roof and dropping down in front of me. I had ferals and radioactive everything.

I recall when infested first came into the game and this was a hoot with a buddy. Felt as tense as that moment in Aliens when the xenomorphs are trying to storm the command room of Hadley's Hope. THIS is going to require a squad if I'm to keep going :D ... and I'm also going to need to build an ammo factory. Or two. 

Which one?  Some are easy and some are much more difficult.  Also your difficulty level would impact this.  Default?  Higher?  And gamestage, of course.  If they were all radiated or even mostly bikers, they'll be much more challenging.  I've had a tier 4 that was pretty insane for tier 4, while others are almost too easy.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

Which one?  Some are easy and some are much more difficult.  Also your difficulty level would impact this.  Default?  Higher?  And gamestage, of course.  If they were all radiated or even mostly bikers, they'll be much more challenging.  I've had a tier 4 that was pretty insane for tier 4, while others are almost too easy.

Grover High -- you need to enter by climbing the roof at the back. Just red dots everywhere as soon as I poked my head above the top of the ladder. Default difficulty, Day 26 but 2hr days, so my gamestage must be high at this point and my gear was good. Honestly, I feel I got to tier 4 infected missions before I was ready - I needed guns and all I had was pipe stuff at the time. Tried to take it on with my bow and arrow thinking I could stealth it and wound up zombie chow - that little military outpost with the underground bunker and irradiated just poured out of it.

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

Sounds good, that's what an end-game mission should look like 🙂

I love these missions are going to be tough enough to need a friend. Really enjoy good squad play since Bad Company 2. Would've been less satisfied if I could easily single it and my friend was just extra pockets for looting.

Oh yeah, the schools do seem tough. Even that t4 one, and I went in there sans mission just to look for mags. I had to run a lot, but I was rather early game and it was a refreshing challenge.

Grover High is pretty tough. I managed to stealth a lot of it but not everything. Only the Minotaur Theatre is worse. Just when you think you've completed everything, a nasty surprise awaits at the end.

1 hour ago, OneManStanding said:

Grover High -- you need to enter by climbing the roof at the back. Just red dots everywhere as soon as I poked my head above the top of the ladder. Default difficulty, Day 26 but 2hr days, so my gamestage must be high at this point and my gear was good. Honestly, I feel I got to tier 4 infected missions before I was ready - I needed guns and all I had was pipe stuff at the time. Tried to take it on with my bow and arrow thinking I could stealth it and wound up zombie chow - that little military outpost with the underground bunker and irradiated just poured out of it.

I love these missions are going to be tough enough to need a friend. Really enjoy good squad play since Bad Company 2. Would've been less satisfied if I could easily single it and my friend was just extra pockets for looting.

Ahh, yes.  I love that one.  It is definitely a lot of zombies at once even when it isn't infested.  😁

My rule of thumb with high-tier infested missions: Whatever amount of ammo I think I'll need, double it. And then just as I walk out the door feeling confident, I'll turn around and double it again.

Yeah, that much ammo takes up space, but I refrain from looting if I'm clearing a large POI like that until the end. Also boxes of ammo are your friend. Sure you can craft boxes of ammo, but I also created a little modlet for myself so I can box up loose ammo as well. Saves a ton of space.

I only start Grover solo at night, because its so hard to hide outside during the day.  At night its way easier to stealth and single them.

Couple friends and I rolled into Grover as a non-stealth group 2 nights ago, though and nearly lost one member straight away.  He didn't have any levels of parkour and couldn't jump around between AC units.  Running around trying to get away, and got down to about 7 hp before the other guy hit him with a medpack.  It was a ton of fun.  As the full-assassin suit guy, i could walk into a room to trigger it and set up a crossfire before they aggro'd the room.  When things went bad, they could fall back and shut the door while I thinned them out and they reloaded.