A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Looking for some advice for starting out. Which class to people like taking? Me personally, I like the hunter because the bow makes life to much easier. That leads into the next question. For those that don't take builder as their starting class, how do you go about getting a base started? I know if you find a building right off then you can re-purpose it as a starting base but what if you're not lucky enough to find one?

I just started this mod earlier tonight, it's awesome! I took the survivalist class and I've been living in a shed I found in the middle of the forest for the last three days, dreaming of someday being able to craft a chest or two for my stuff. I've been keeping most of it in a cooler and some empty trash, as well as in a corpse I found nearby. I'm such a newby at this mod (but over 850 hours in the game overall) that my advice may not be the best, but use your imagination for storage early on, lay low away from roads and zombie get together's, maybe dig a hole to cower in at night until you find an awesome shed like me ;) and collect as may survival notes as you can to get the building knowledge you need. Good luck, we're all counting on you!

She'll be glad to hear. Hey I took the plunge several hours ago and loaded up. Wow! What a great mod. The game feels like it did when I first started playing 7D2D. I imagine the updated beta will be compatible, to the best of your knowledge. Thanks again for making this a public dowload!

Yes to the best of my knowledge the updates should all be compatible. Its possible my changes to the progressions might make things a bit odd for a continued game. For example if I change or remove a perk that you already know, what happens? I'm not really sure as I never tested. Hopefully the game "smart" enough to realize the change and compensate or something. Again, not sure. Would need more testing and feedback on that type of scenario.

Since I am unsure on what changing the progressions xml might do to gamesave compatibility (or rather, playersave, you can reset a character without losing the map) I do my best to avoid editing the file unless I really have to. Hopefully the recent change I made to steel crafting will be the last time I need to touch it.

Not sure if this is something that is intended or not but if it isn't, hopefully a fix could be found. I found a gas and go and decided to make that my base of operations. while shoring it up I noticed that if I shored the door up with wood it would lock on me. Not a problem I figured, just don't improve the door. So I stayed there overnight, unloading a lot of gear (including one of the things I need to make another profession case that I found on a corpse). When the morning came I gathered some supplies and headed out, coming back about 4 hours later to find the door locked. I busted the door down again only to find the whole building at reset itself.

Are the buildings resetting themselves how it's supposed to be? If it's worth noting, I have the resupply option set to never. I'm thinking maybe it's the door still being on there that causes it. I don't know though and I'm do tired to do some testing. Thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to use a pre-fab as their base, they would be warned and also to get a possible bug out there, if it is one.

Very strange indeed. The Pimps have talked about respawning prefabs becoming a thing in future builds but I didn't hear of them adding anything like that yet. Possibly there is code for it in the game for it but it isn't be used but something called it to trigger. I'm not really sure. Nothing in my mod or anyone elses mod should be capable of causing that to happen. Its outside the range of what is possible with mods. So... vanilla bug?

I can sorta see why the door might change lock states like that, though. The block the door occupies has... lets call it metadata that tells it whether or not it locked or not. You might have noticed that sometimes doors are unlocked, sometimes they're not. its random. Its possible that when you upgrade the door it "rerolls" the virtual dice to decide if its open or locked. Though while my mod does touch the doors nothing in my mod would effect this since my door lock smashing is actually tied to destroying the door, not upgrading it. From that perspective the doors are vanilla. So again probably a vanilla bug.

I just started this mod earlier tonight, it's awesome! I took the survivalist class and I've been living in a shed I found in the middle of the forest for the last three days, dreaming of someday being able to craft a chest or two for my stuff. I've been keeping most of it in a cooler and some empty trash, as well as in a corpse I found nearby. I'm such a newby at this mod (but over 850 hours in the game overall) that my advice may not be the best, but use your imagination for storage early on, lay low away from roads and zombie get together's, maybe dig a hole to cower in at night until you find an awesome shed like me ;) and collect as may survival notes as you can to get the building knowledge you need. Good luck, we're all counting on you!

The cardboard box is very handy early on for storage as its a free recipe that you start off knowing and is relatively cheap to make.

Valmar,

Have downloaded and installed Beta16 twice. When game boots up, console opens and I get a screen full of 'NRE object not set ...' messages. Beta15 works fine.

Playing SP with no other mods installed.

Thanks again for your superb mod.

Valmar,

Have downloaded and installed Beta16 twice. When game boots up, console opens and I get a screen full of 'NRE object not set ...' messages. Beta15 works fine.

Same here, and I actually went through with Notepad+ in compare mode making the changes from B15 to B16 manually so as to not overwrite my custom recipes and changes. From what I can tell, the new brewery is causing the problem.

Lol, good to know! I'm sure my little buddy was getting tired of holding all my stuff...

Just be careful not to Break it..you can punch it and it will shatter

- - - Updated - - -

Only Thing i noticed was when you break the door lock you get no Door knob anymore.

haven't really looked at it yet to see why

Think you can point us in the Right direction?

Valmar,

I got the same problem and I can't find a way around it.

All I can think of didn't fixed it.

Edit: Adding a screenshot if that could help in any way. http://imgur.com/Z7WygDh

Hey Valmar, i really like ur Mod.

I used it on A13 - i just reinstalled it and always get this Unity Error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any Ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:

Okay some PPl posted at the same time

Fortunately with this new update to 7dtd 14. and on the game runs a ton better and i have been able to finally start using this excellent mod once again with no menu lag.

But , yes always a but lol, none of the craft stations seem to work for me. I can build them but cant access them. Im assuming no extra book needed because i can see and craft them just can't use them?? FYI, latest beta build lite version....

Downloaded lite version and put on my server but mod folder with icons still required. I thought lite versions didnt need any client side downloads? Maybe im mistaken.

Any mod that adds new icons is going to need the client to download those icons, sadly.

@Everyone else

Sorry for the null.

Seems like something messed up in the progression xml

Investigating it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately with this new update to 7dtd 14. and on the game runs a ton better and i have been able to finally start using this excellent mod once again with no menu lag.

But , yes always a but lol, none of the craft stations seem to work for me. I can build them but cant access them. Im assuming no extra book needed because i can see and craft them just can't use them?? FYI, latest beta build lite version....

The mod doesn't have all those workstations anymore, they've all been combined into the workbench. Though this is only relevant for the full version.

I see my problem. I removed the Steel perk without removing references to it. Doh. Rookie mistake number 2. Rookie mistake number 1 was not loading the game up first before packing it up and sending it out. Learn from my mistakes, kids, don't do drugs!

Updated the beta and the client-side server files to get everything back into working order. Sorry for the hiccup.

Hm not sure.

But i used Valmod a lot on a13. Dunno what i do wrong. But i will test some more

- - - Updated - - -

Hm my game Crashes on SP aswell. At the Pc of my wife aswell.

Dunno what i did wrong with copy and paste :-/

Just be careful not to Break it..you can punch it and it will shatter...

Thanks, xXC.H.U.DXx. I thought about that. I've already lost one panel of my awesome shed to a zed, I'd be in a bit of trouble if another one actually got in and started busting up the place. Maybe cardboard boxes are just too good for me, cretin that I am. I may move the "good" stuff over to the car wreck down the road. Funny how "good stuff" is redefined in this mod! Leave your normalcy bias at the door when playing this pack. (Living in sheds and cars... Is this 7D2D, or Trailer Park Boys, lol? Just need some kitties and some pepperoni...)

Kind of sucks but I am also having the Null error. Just before you load into the word, you get spammed with it continuously. I reloaded my game after a fresh install of the mod and loaded into the world but once I loaded into the world, I got the Null error spam again.

Anyone got a fix or is it best to just wait for Val to find a solution?

By the way Val, love the mod man, played the ♥♥♥♥ out of it on Alpha 13 :D

I'm not sure I can find a solution for it. Mainly because I can't replicate the problem. If you're playing on a server make sure you're also using the latest client files. The problem was the progressions.xml. In my tests beta 17 is working fine. Even on the server.

Ensure you have the latest files. If you do then package the config folder up and send it my way and I'll take a look at it personally to see if I can reproduce the problem. Would also help to see a copy of the Output Log. That generally tells me what the problem is.

Archived