A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Valmar, when opening the files of version 18.06 and 18.07 in WinMerge to compare them for changes, the blocks.xml, progression.xml and spawning.xml no longer shows only the differences in red, but the whole file is marked red. May I assume, you took over the formatting from the inofficially xml fixes files, because with this files I have the same issues when comparing them to the vanilla files or my files.

While the progression.xml and spawning.xml are not that big issue, the blocks.xml is, because WinMerge lacks now the ability to copy over changes from one file to the other and to merge my own changes into it is now a real PITA. Requiemfang has the same issue it seems. Would be nice if you could use the normal formatting again :)

hi ~ Valmar

I really like your MOD, but my server I do not know how to run, so that other players can also participate, I tried to override the server, but the player at the time of production of goods no picture, I should be how to solve it?

Valmar, when opening the files of version 18.06 and 18.07 in WinMerge to compare them for changes, the blocks.xml, progression.xml and spawning.xml no longer shows only the differences in red, but the whole file is marked red. May I assume, you took over the formatting from the inofficially xml fixes files, because with this files I have the same issues when comparing them to the vanilla files or my files.

While the progression.xml and spawning.xml are not that big issue, the blocks.xml is, because WinMerge lacks now the ability to copy over changes from one file to the other and to merge my own changes into it is now a real PITA. Requiemfang has the same issue it seems. Would be nice if you could use the normal formatting again :)

Yeah that's a very annoying issue... especially when your trying to keep the custom changes you have. Didn't know it was a formatting difference but yeah... using the previous formatting would be great.

Yeah that's a very annoying issue... especially when your trying to keep the custom changes you have. Didn't know it was a formatting difference but yeah... using the previous formatting would be great.

I fixed it for myself by creating a new blank xml file and copying the existing content from Valmars file over there, except the first line where the encoding is listed.

@Puschapa

Yes, I brought in the unofficial patch. Originally I was going to port all his changes into my mod but after about 20 minutes of shifting through countless fixes (mainly to repairs) I got sick of it and just used HIS file and ported MY changes over to it. So much faster since there aren't that many vanilla blocks I modified in my file - most of my stuff were new that could just be copy/pasted to the bottom.

I'm happy to hear you found a solution though I will point out that I personally use Notepad++ with the Compare plugin to compare files and it has no problem comparing the vanilla file to my file. I'm not sure why WinMerge has issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Xiangsu

The custom images and the XUI files do not push to clients from the server. To see the icons on a server you and your players will need to install these client files on their own PC:

http://www.tiny.cc/valmodicons

A fix my buddy asked to pass to Val -- iron spikes that upgrade to themselves using steel infinitely fix

blocks.xml

<16:51:26> "Bler": <property name="ToBlock" value="reinforcedScrapIronSpike" />

<16:51:41> "Bler": block id 1432

<16:51:50> "Bler": should be Steel_Spike

<16:52:05> "Bler": id 1433

Hi Valmar,

the particel effect for your superior forge are in version 18.07 not included.

<property name="ParticleName" value="forge" />

<property name="ParticleOffset" value="0.5,0,0.5" />

the 2 properties schould eventually insertet to the Superior forge in the blocks.xml.

Greetings.

Tador.

Any way we can get a fertilizer of some sort better than just turds?

We got turds that's the N in the NPK (Nitrogen), Phosphorus could use meat or rotten meat? eggs or cornmeal? and with K (Potassium) we already have the nitrate we use for gunpowder.

I remember using in it Project Zomboid, the isometric version of 7D2D and it worked wonders... of course it couldn't be crafted in that game like it could be in this one.

Loving this mod, just turd'd my farm... I don't know but I got a good feeling about my potato plants. lol.

@Tador

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out (again). I'm not sure how that happened, I could had sworn I fixed that when you first pointed it out. The next fix will definitely include that. Sorry for the oversight, again.

@Torress

I could probably expand on the fertilizer a bit. Make an actual fertilizer item that you have to craft by mixing things. Though would rotten meat, eggs or cornmeal actually help promote plant growth? I know jack-all about farming. I just went with turds because I dont like that they added them for no purpose and they're the one thing even I know is good for farming.

@KorruptkSwades

You're fine to use the compo pack. While my mod does include a rwgmixer it isn't modified from vanilla. Its only in there to ensure compatibility. You can replace my rwgmixer with Magoli's without a problem. Have fun - his mod is pretty awesome :)

Anything organic generally helps make soil more fertile. Some are better than others. A common liquid fert is called Blood and Bone, made from... well you can guess :)

Urea is probably the most common fert supplement for constant use (for nitrogen), the NPK compounds are used less often as the soil slowly looses nutrients from the constant removal of the plants that suck the nutrients up. Lime is also used to balance out the extra acidity caused by NPK

You can think of N as a direct growth booster while P,K and other micro nutrients are long term adjustments to the soil fertility.

[...]

@KorruptkSwades

You're fine to use the compo pack. While my mod does include a rwgmixer it isn't modified from vanilla. Its only in there to ensure compatibility. You can replace my rwgmixer with Magoli's without a problem. Have fun - his mod is pretty awesome :)

Thx ! :) So far everything is cool with the full mod + the compopack mod... I've noticed a occurring "Stop-Lag" short of a few milliseconds when using the campfire menu. basically i'm in that menu and i will click n drag an item, but it doesn't the 1st time, it like selects it then super-mini-freezes and then i have to reclick it n drag a 2nd time..... hope it makes sense ^^

@Valmar

Supposedly the NPK fertilizer is basically that (most common fertilizer), you add decomposing matter and let it rot so bacteria "ferment" the fertilizer to form high amounts of nitrogen and phosphates to enrich the soil, it's like making compost in one of those big bins.

Rotting flesh kind of makes sense... it is not labeled as INFECTED flesh, just decomposing, maybe add some plant fibers plus the nitrate and turds and you should have some kind of good fertilizer.

Perhaps some of the recipes for fertilizer will be: rotten flesh, bone and turds then. I don't think nitrate should be part of it though, regardless of what real world chemistry is involved. I don't "feel" like enough people would understand that.

@Korrupt

If at all possible use the shift+click whenever you can instead of manually moving items. I hear its much quicker in regards to lag.

@Grinningmonk

The inventory lag is an issue, to be sure. I wish there was more I could do to nail the problem down. In my tests there seems to be too many factors for me to really control.

On my pc (decent gaming rig) the lag is barely worth mentioning. I mean, sure, I notice it compared to vanilla's instant speed but its nothing serious, at least to me. On my wife's laptop, however, I notice it a LOT more. Like 0.4sec vs 5-6sec. So hardware can influence it.

On servers ping can also influence.

The amount of recipes you have and the size of the recipes.xml file can influence it.

The number of recipes you have behind books (even if its the same recipe over and over again) can influence it.

There seem to be so many variables that can effect this. I don't really want to gimp my mod anymore than is absolutely necessary. Later on down the road I will hopefully get rid of a lot of recipe books when I can link recipe unlocks to skill levels (level up pistols skill to unlock new pistol ammo recipes) and that should help. I will also look into locking down recipes a bit differently. For example instead of locking down ten wood blocks just make each of the recipes require a woodframe which is locked behind the book. So they will all be locked based off that one locked requirement. Shaving the fat like this CAN make a difference.

I have also considered making the books only lock down the workstations and not the individual recipes. This should make a huge difference since it will greatly reduce the number of recipe books (if a recipe book has more than one recipe, each recipe it teaches is counted toward the book count). The problem is, well, balancing it for multiplayer. Hopefully I don't have to point out why it'd be a bit of a MP nightmare in terms of balancing or keeping classes relevant.

I think the UI lag is due to the size of your Icon images. I've removed the mod folder from my 7 days to die folder completely, then ran the game. The mod still functioned of course- but without the icons and removed the UI lag almost completely. 3,000 KB is a lot for an image tbh, so maybe some compression or something to reduce the size would help? I'm not entirely sure, but now my friends and I run the mod without the icons to remove the UI lag that you are talking about.

Somewhat off-topic:

Wow, whole lot of nice stuff here to check out. I'm really digging the classes idea, it's something I fully expect to be implemented into vanilla someday along with starting locations (eg: hunter starts in a log cabin in the woods) which makes a lot more sense than "I'm naked in the woods and suddenly apocalypse".

I hope this NEVER happens. Classes and XP is the worst thing that ever happened to MMORPG games.

A skill based system as the one they're making right now is the best system, just like in Ultima Online. It allows for complete freedom for the player. It makes no sense that what you can learn and do is locked to a certain, preselected "class".

Somewhat off-topic:

I hope this NEVER happens. Classes and XP is the worst thing that ever happened to MMORPG games.

A skill based system as the one they're making right now is the best system, just like in Ultima Online. It allows for complete freedom for the player. It makes no sense that what you can learn and do is locked to a certain, preselected "class".

Yep that gets on my nerves as well, like old AD&D... are you a druid? yes! well you can't use swords... wait what? you can't use them, literally, you cannot hold a sword and attack with it but a wooden club is fine. ¬¬

Perhaps some of the recipes for fertilizer will be: rotten flesh, bone and turds then. I don't think nitrate should be part of it though, regardless of what real world chemistry is involved. I don't "feel" like enough people would understand that.

@Korrupt

If at all possible use the shift+click whenever you can instead of manually moving items. I hear its much quicker in regards to lag.

yea doesn't really change anything. i get this lag in every container now, including the inventory. its when i try to move things within the containers/inventories i get a freeze-lag for each item i select. its quite annoying :( but i like the mod ! ^^

@Stompy

I'm not arguing against the real-world chemistry behind it. Just that I'm skeptical most people know that. I think most would be confused as to why they have to use nitrate powder for plant growth. Though maybe I'm just projecting my own ignorance onto others since I don't know anything about chemistry.

@Scar

Interesting. I will investigate that. Hopefully it will be "that easy" since I think shaving fat off of icons is one thing that can be done somewhat quickly and easily.

@Kaar

I think you have a misunderstanding of how my class system actually works.

@Requiem

Gazz always make quality work. Just a shame he rarely ventures out of the construction site to share it. :p

I'll make note to add it in, with his permission.

@Korrupt

One trick to remove the lag is to use the "Star" button to show only your favorite s. Doing that makes the inventory display itself MUCH faster. Though you will have to favorite your most common used items. Still a possible work around to consider.

I've turd'ing my farm and so far it works well on potatoes and cotton, can't seem to get it to work with goldenrod flowers, it just gives one flower back in spite of being able to turd 'em (Golderond tea is a must for wellness) and right now I'm growin blueberries and corn.

I gotta say this was a damn fantastic idea man, gotta admit I was running out of turds so I made a recipe with rotten flesh, plants and nitrate to get MORE TURDS (hope you don't mind is just for my use) :D. All hail the turd farm, dude this mod is sucking the life out of me, 6 hours straight in the blink of an eye. Can't wait till the game evolves a bit and so does the mod.

[...]

@Scar

Interesting. I will investigate that. Hopefully it will be "that easy" since I think shaving fat off of icons is one thing that can be done somewhat quickly and easily.

[...]

@Korrupt

One trick to remove the lag is to use the "Star" button to show only your favorite s. Doing that makes the inventory display itself MUCH faster. Though you will have to favorite your most common used items. Still a possible work around to consider.

so i've optimised, compressed, all of the mod icons.pngs from a total of 6000kb to 2400kb and no difference for the hit/freeze/lag issue :( (I used PNGGauntlet compressor)

Archived