A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Brian

So you want the superior forge to be faster than a normal forge, basically? I hope to do that at some point but finding the right balance is tricky and requires more time than I have to spend on it atm. I'd have to research all the vanilla forge recipe times to compare.

Assuming I remember I will look into adding stone hidden doors. Though I'm not 100% sure if its possible with those since they're a different type of block.

@Cyrus

Thats one of the best ways to experience the game - completely tailored to your tastes and liking. Hope you have fun.

Here's a thought, being able to "recraft" (full repair based on skill level) lead batteries and engines BUT based on Science skill (a skill that not everyone cares to level up).

Like needing an engine to be able to re-craft it along with some oil, pipes, cable and forged iron. Then you can upgrade those little ♥♥♥♥s you find with 80 durability and improve them based on your Science skill :D it would give back a fully repaired operational engine if by any luck you hit the 100th level of the skill you'd get a 600 durability one.

Also, for gameplay or balance they would need to be unlocked separately or in different books... something about Car Mechanics 101 or survivor notes.

The ones I've found (both engines and batteries) are so rare in numbers that my chainsaw sucks big time, eats gasoline like there's no tomorrow and with the worst of the lead batteries I thought I could craft some spotlights since it doesn't affect the quality of it.

Actually, any new patch will re-write the xml files back to the original vanilla game. You can also return it to the vanilla game yourself by re-verifying the integrity of the cache files. Steam Library, right click "7 days to die" on left side of screen, properties, local files, re-verify cache files. The process returns the game to it's current Alpha state bright and shiny.

Hi ValMar,

We are using your LITE mod on senum-severiorum.eu and like it very much, thank you very much.

Recently the question of Fishing has been raised, as these things are wont to do :)

Would you consider integrating some fishing (like Carlzilla's) in your mod?

Its mostly a convenience thing.. i could modify xmls myself, but i'ld like to avoid having to tell users to go different places for the icons ... or i would have to mod & re-pack your mod/itemicons and offer it for dl somewhere....

I dont mind doing that, if you'll agree; but if you were planning to add fishing already.. i'ld wait for it :)

Cheers,

RnR

all you need to do is add in the fishing and anything that you cant see just add in the item or block code

<property name="CustomIcon" value="itemorblockname" />

and just add in the item name or block name you wanna use as a icon for that item!

or you can wait for valmar to do so!

@Torres

Crafting engines and batteries - An interesting idea. I will consider it when we can lock recipes behind skill levels. It could be a nice perk for the chemistry skill.

@Follo

Your best bet would be to just wait for me to update the mod for the new 7DTD patch, honestly. So far I've been able to have them out within a few hours. Give me a day to update - if I don't manage it by then you can decide from there if you want to go vanilla or keep my files (they may still technically work - just not have all thew new stuff).

Hi ValMar,

We are using your LITE mod on senum-severiorum.eu and like it very much, thank you very much.

Recently the question of Fishing has been raised, as these things are wont to do :)

Would you consider integrating some fishing (like Carlzilla's) in your mod?

Its mostly a convenience thing.. i could modify xmls myself, but i'ld like to avoid having to tell users to go different places for the icons ... or i would have to mod & re-pack your mod/itemicons and offer it for dl somewhere....

I dont mind doing that, if you'll agree; but if you were planning to add fishing already.. i'ld wait for it :)

Cheers,

RnR

Honestly I have yet to see a fishing mod that I was really happy with, personally. That isn't me knocking anything Carlzilla, Kage or RandomYoutubeGuy104 has done. Its the limited nature of the xml files in general. All that being said though I really want fishing in my Medieval mod so I might take my own crack at it in that, likely using Carlzilla or Kage's mod as a bases to work with.

Big issue I have is is that, far as I know, you can fish anywhere with those mods. Like, build your own water hole and you can fish in it. I would want only certain areas to be "fishable". Since the medieval mod will be adding new prefabs anyway I can get around this by adding fishable water there.

Though I may still be too unsatisfied with the xml limitations to really go that route. The fact that there is no fishing pole you can hold, for starters, is a big deal for me. Of course I still want fishing to be a thing in that mod so I'll still give it a go. Whether or not that will be implemented into Valmod I cannot say. The best answer I can give is "it depends".

That being said, provided he doesn't include dozens of icons, and he is okay with it, I could include his icons in my pack for you in case you so if you do add the mod yourself you won't have to worry about making a special link

Valmar,

I was wondering if your mod sets the random degradation values of our specialty class weapon or is it set from within "TFP's" game code. The reason I'm asking is the last game I started my survivor class "Iron Cross Bow" spawned into the game as "321" durability leaving me with a whopping 25% life span (about 80 shots left till broken), I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a "new in the box" weapon at birth, 50% would be fine to start with, but with the chance of finding the book for it is extremely rare when you have 80 shots left till broken. That early in the game I didn't even have the basic bow and arrow recipe. I was also wondering why would I need "wood" to repair an Iron Cross Bow?

Valmar,

I was wondering if your mod sets the random degradation values of our specialty class weapon or is it set from within "TFP's" game code. The reason I'm asking is the last game I started my survivor class "Iron Cross Bow" spawned into the game as "321" durability leaving me with a whopping 25% life span (about 80 shots left till broken), I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a "new in the box" weapon at birth, 50% would be fine to start with, but with the chance of finding the book for it is extremely rare when you have 80 shots left till broken. That early in the game I didn't even have the basic bow and arrow recipe. I was also wondering why would I need "wood" to repair an Iron Cross Bow?

Blame tfp's RNG, it's random when you get the items from the classes. Ive tried numerous times with cheats on and each time I got items with differing bars of health. Again the thing that really kills the game is the RNG.

Valmar,

Your survivors knowledge book should give you that recipie:

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="crossbowBolt,crossbow,Weapon_Mod:_Crossbow,Ammo_Mod:_Bolts,Animal_Snare,Cobblestone_Hidden_Door,scrapIron,scrapBrass,scrapLead,clubBarbed,clubIron,boneShiv,blunderbuss,blunderbussAmmo,Blunderbuss_Shredder_Ammo,trapSpikes01,trunkPineTip,Steel_Spike,Steel_Fire_Spike,Fire_Trap,bowl,shovel,hoe,scrapHatch_v1,vaultDoor01,vaultHatch_v1,Concrete_Hidden_Door,Hidden_Wood_Door,Remote,Storage_Locker,Coffin_Storage,secureGunSafe,Wall_Safe,Small_Cooler,Drink_Cooler,Pill_Case,Medicine_Cabinet,Bookcase,Fridge_Top,Fridge_Bottom,Refrigerator,Munitions_Box,File_Cabinet_Storage,deskSafe,steelDoor1_v1,secureStorageChest,secureDoorWooden,storageWeapons,storageHealth,woodenHatch1_v1,storageAmmo,storageFood,storageExplosives,storageBuilding"

Valmar,

I used to be able to control this. But the code to set a static quality range for loot seems to no longer actually matter. I suspect because now loot quality "scales" to your player level and that overrides anything I do. I will investigate it more later when it comes time for my next "big" update.

The reason it repairs with wood is because I picture the iron crossbow being made out of a base of wood with iron reinforcements. I don't see the iron reinforcements getting damaged as often as the wooden parts. Though I may adjust that later.

I will also consider starting the classes off with normal variants of weapons so they can keep them repaired. I wanted them starting off with the "better" stuff because I wanted them to be aware they existed. Most people do not read the guide or know whats in the mod. Starting off with an Iron Crossbow will, ideally, make them go "oh, there are iron crossbows? how do I make them? I should go look up to see what else is here, is there a guide?"

Yep but in their defense... where in the guide was that miner's TNT was a tiny nuclear device? I read the guide, went to get survivors notes, saw that it didn't require duct tape to make and I said well oh well! this must be the advantage of the class, less materials, let me put one on this hill to get me an underground secondary base.

Aaaaand it was gone, the hill and the plan, something like a 12 block radius hole and my ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ clenched so tight my skin could be used as a space suit lol.

Hi Valmar.

i have found an bug in the Recipes.

Steel helmet with light needs not an Steel helmet it needs an scrap helmet.

greetings

quite an easy fix just replace the scrap helmet with steel_Helmet.

Other than that I'm sure val will fix that asap for those who don't feel like digging through xml config files

Hi Valmar.

i have found an bug in the Recipes.

Steel helmet with light needs not an Steel helmet it needs an scrap helmet.

greetings

Good catch. As its a rather serious exploitable bug I will fix it now as opposed to later. Thank you.

quite an easy fix just replace the scrap helmet with steel_Helmet.

Other than that I'm sure val will fix that asap for those who don't feel like digging through xml config files

ignore this post... I've no idea what I'm talking about since steel_helmet itself doesn't exist it appears lol

Archived