A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I am at a loss. I have looked through posts, examined the xml config files, and cannot figure out how to craft ammo. It says I do not know that recipe but I cannot figure out what is gating me. Playing 16.1 b1 with experimental update that from my understanding is close to the release.

I am sure it is something obvious.

Great Mod!! wanted something more challenging than the vanilla with the added items and recipes and I found that and more

Each ammo type is a perk. And then you need the special crafting table

I tried to repair my rocket launcher and I get spammed with nullreferencexception on the server im playing on. I verified files and redownloaded valmod. I tried to repair a rocket launcher in single player and same thing happened. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had the same problem, tried to repair a rocket launcher that I found in an airdrop, game crashed. This was 2 days ago and I don't remember the console error, except that I had to alt-tab and force-quit the game. Every time I try to restart that RandomGen SP map, the console pope up with red line errors,but the game continues to load up to 'Loading UI' where it stalls.

One notable line in the log is this:

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

Removing (renaming) that file and starting the game gives me an old school BSOD-type blue background with 7DTD font showing 'Loading', and no further action until I alt-tab and force-quit.

I uninstalled and manually deleted all files in the Steam game folder, re-installed from Steam, then installed using the link on post 5127 like I had installed ValMod many times before to reproduce the error. Running Win 7 x64, using 'beta' A16.1, RandomGen SP, seed Somewhere.

1) Before anyone tries to repair a rocket launcher, (or even playing this game in A16 in general) I suggest backing up your save folder often (daily) to revert back to an 'uncorrupted' save should it go FUBAR.

2) Is there any way to load my map in order to get to the prefab base I built up over the last week? I can live without the items in storage containers and the forges, I just want the prefab design back.

Thanks in advance. I can post more lines from the output log if needed.

I had the same problem, tried to repair a rocket launcher that I found in an airdrop, game crashed. This was 2 days ago and I don't remember the console error, except that I had to alt-tab and force-quit the game. Every time I try to restart that RandomGen SP map, the console pope up with red line errors,but the game continues to load up to 'Loading UI' where it stalls.

One notable line in the log is this:

The file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

Removing (renaming) that file and starting the game gives me an old school BSOD-type blue background with 7DTD font showing 'Loading', and no further action until I alt-tab and force-quit.

I uninstalled and manually deleted all files in the Steam game folder, re-installed from Steam, then installed using the link on post 5127 like I had installed ValMod many times before to reproduce the error. Running Win 7 x64, using 'beta' A16.1, RandomGen SP, seed Somewhere.

1) Before anyone tries to repair a rocket launcher, (or even playing this game in A16 in general) I suggest backing up your save folder often (daily) to revert back to an 'uncorrupted' save should it go FUBAR.

2) Is there any way to load my map in order to get to the prefab base I built up over the last week? I can live without the items in storage containers and the forges, I just want the prefab design back.

Thanks in advance. I can post more lines from the output log if needed.

this is now fixed and uploaded here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpso5ztg5cbbeng/Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental-master.zip?dl=0

the issue was this line <property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftSkillGuns"/>

valmod had changed that perk to be craftskillweapons so i changed it to that and should be fine now.. tho im not sure if it will help you with your player file

@grrmisfit, Thanks for the response about the corrupt save and the Player Profile deletion trick.

Just tried to reinstall fresh again using the 5127 Dropbox link ( I didn't get your #5132 post in time) because now I am having trouble opening ANY RandomGen map (tried 2 new ones). Please CONFIRM my game install method:

0) Uninstall game, manually go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder and delete everything.

1) Right-click on the game in the Steam Library list, select Properties, go to the BETAS tab and choose Alpha 16.1 Stable.

2) Install game through Steam.

3) Download and extract the Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental-master.zip file from the Dropbox link in post 5127.

4) Drag & drop the Data and Mods folders to the steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder. Replace files as prompted.

5) Open Bigger Backpack Mod folder, drag & drop 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data and Data folders to the steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder. Replace files as prompted.

6) Start game, choose to show Game Launcher, uncheck everything (like EasyAntiCheat EAC) except top checkbox to show launcher next time.

7) On the game's main menu, choose Options, Player Profiles, and delete the ones I created previously. Create a new player profile.

(Thanks for the tip on deleting my Player Profiles)

After installing the game like this and trying any map, Random or NavezGane, I got console errors showing the resources.assets being corrupted. I'll try another re-install using the above method with the Dropbox files from post 5132 and let you know if it worked.

Your issue is bigger backpack mod. It's not updated for 16.2. I can do this later spending time with wife right now. You can also go to backpack mod thread and see if there's a 45 slot (one valmod uses so you won't need to touch ui) and download that. Just use the .dll file if you do

@grrmisfit, I am running 7 Days To Die with Alpha 16.1 using the 'Betas' A16.1' go around that was mentioned a few pages back. Weren't the fixes for the Bigger Backpack integrated into the latest Dropbox files for Valmod?

- - - EDIT - - - Please confirm if I should be using the Alpha 16.1 (previous from BETAS) version from steam or using 16.2. Thanks in advance.

@grrmisfit, I am running 7 Days To Die with Alpha 16.1 using the 'Betas' A16.1' go around that was mentioned a few pages back. Weren't the fixes for the Bigger Backpack integrated into the latest Dropbox files for Valmod?

The Dropbox upload is my fixes and all I did was fix the ui and pressure plates and now launcher bug. Every time there's a new build the backpack mod has to be updated so I don't mess with them till I'm sure we are done with updates. I'll fix the backpack problem later tho. I'm not entirely sure which version his back pack mod supports also

- - - Updated - - -

The upload is also for 16.2 not sure how it will work in 16.1 as they made ui changes for 16.2

@grrmisfit, I previously had been using the CSharp DLL that XYTH posted on page 338 with a16.1 for several days before I got the rocket launcher glitch.

Before I re-reinstall with (or without) that DLL file, please confirm that I should be using Alpha 16.1 Stable as opposed to the latest 16.2 version. Thanks again in advance.

EDIT: Saw your post update, will reinstall with (current) a16.2. Thanks, thought it was still using a16.1 where Val left off.

@grrmisfit, Thanks again for your help. Game works on A16.2, withOUT the Bigger Backpack Mod. The other version, as you figured, doesn't work. By the way, I set the game to install with the BETAS tab to use 16.2 Stable version, so that a new game update won't screw things up for me while I wait for the mod to be updated again. Will be still checking this thread for new updates to 16.2 though. Thanks again.

I'm trying to play with a steam friend on a Survival MP game mode. We've been playing on vanilla for a while but now decided to add mods. So I've installed the mod in to the 7DTD directory folder, overwriting data. And when I make a new server and load in, console command pops up whenever I look at certain objects and I can't loot lootable objects, such as bird's nest.

These are some of the errors I get through console command

"ERR No loot entry defined for loot list id 25"

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Also I had to overwrite the UI mod with a "Simple UI Plus" mod because it got stuck on the loading screen "Loading UI." So now I can load in fine, but in game, it's unplayable.

And also, will my friend also have to download the mod in order to join the server?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: i see that the mod isnt updated for ver 16.2!

I'm trying to play with a steam friend on a Survival MP game mode. We've been playing on vanilla for a while but now decided to add mods. So I've installed the mod in to the 7DTD directory folder, overwriting data. And when I make a new server and load in, console command pops up whenever I look at certain objects and I can't loot lootable objects, such as bird's nest.

These are some of the errors I get through console command

"ERR No loot entry defined for loot list id 25"

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Also I had to overwrite the UI mod with a "Simple UI Plus" mod because it got stuck on the loading screen "Loading UI." So now I can load in fine, but in game, it's unplayable.

And also, will my friend also have to download the mod in order to join the server?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: i see that the mod isnt updated for ver 16.2!

This one is https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpso5ztg5cbbeng/Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental-master.zip?dl=0

haven't really looked through all the post, is there a download for the 16.2 for valmod overhaul? We're using 16.1 due to being scared to goto 16.2 due bugging up since the mod hasn't been updated.

Post above you has overhaul that I updated and others have stated is working fine in 16.2. I'm doing my best to help valmar out and keep his mod updated

Each ammo type is a perk. And then you need the special crafting table

The perks for the ammo would not light up regardless of what I did. Finally modded the progression.xml to include

<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Construction Tools" required_skill_level="1"/> for each type. I could purchase every perk except the top 9mm one after that. Since I just found the 44 mag that is not as important anymore.

Post above you has overhaul that I updated and others have stated is working fine in 16.2. I'm doing my best to help valmar out and keep his mod updated

I've been watching this thread for any more developments and just wanted to say thank you grrmisfit. I hope Valmar is doing ok with the issues he had but you really have been helping us all out and it is much appreciated :smile-new:

does anyone know how to make STONE? I have the cement and concrete perk unlocked but I am so lost on how to make stone. I can't make cement to even attempt to make stone. help!

Do you mean small stone tthats used in concrete recipe? If so that's miner with a picker below dirt.

Pardon me Grrmisfit, the fixes you are linking aren't reflected in sphereii's (probably spelled that wrong) launcher correct? I imagine that has to wait till Valmar returns? No issue doing it manually, just want to make sure I'm going about things the right way. Also want to thank you with everyone else for taking the time to do these fixes. We really appreciate the effort you're putting into it.

Archived