A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

[bUG]

hey there is a gamebreaking bug,

if you craft "rocks" "stones" etc and scrap them you get tons of stones for that, so lets say you scrap 1 rocks you get 112 stone from that, could you make an fair values for that ? greetings

tldr

for 1 rocks (stone , clay) you get 1XX stone

Woolves Hero - re bike storage - ITs bigger than it looks. You can keep adding items when all the sqaures are full. To get them back out, after you have removed a few items click on the sort button and the ones in there that you cant see will become visible.

a few more slots

its there a way to adjust the backpack to be a little more than the 45 slots? say 60 or so or does anyone know of a another mod compatible with Valmods to increase the size beyond 45 ? we took out minibikes just looking for a little more carrying space

the pressure plates were being placed below blocks or below ground level instead of on top, not sure if this was intentional, the bigger backpack cell size was to big in a15 you had it set to 67 so thats what i set it too. think that was it, check make sure the beaker isnt in campfire instead of water bowl? think that was a bigger backpack issue not your actual mod, same with cell size in back pack

Hm. Not sure what to say with the pressure plates. Their code is left vanilla. Other than a destroy event which should be harvest - which I had overlooked. Other than that the code looks the same to me so I guess thats how vanilla intends the pressure plates to behave.

Cell size for bigger backpack looks fine for me. Though it might look a bit wonky on some lower resolutions - that I'm not very sure of. I've tried to keep the overall size around the same basic ratio to ensure higher resolution compatibility though I haven't checked all the variable options.

You shouldn't be able to place a beaker in a campfire in Overhaul.

Didn't play Valmod for a long time. Is there a Horde Edition for 16.2? and if yes, where can I find it?

Yes.

https://github.com/LordValmar/Valmod-HORDE-EDITION/archive/master.zip

Got this error when I completed the Find a BaseBall Quest. (Overhaul)

20170817230308_1.jpg

Odd. Not sure why it happened, just tested the baseball quest and I didnt run across any issues. Was your inventory already full when you finished the quest? The quest rewards casno coins for finishing it but if the inventory was full maybe they had no where to go and triggered the error. Though thats just a wild guess on my part. Are you positive it was the baseball quest?

Minibike storage too small they need bigger storage like other mod Simple UI Plus have bigger storage on minibike, I hate always full.

Need add 3 option mod minibike+backpack & alone backpack or minibike.

Valmod's minibike is already quite larger than vanilla.

[bUG]

hey there is a gamebreaking bug,

if you craft "rocks" "stones" etc and scrap them you get tons of stones for that, so lets say you scrap 1 rocks you get 112 stone from that, could you make an fair values for that ? greetings

tldr

for 1 rocks (stone , clay) you get 1XX stone

I wouldn't really call that a gamebreaking bug. Its more of a balancing issue than anything else.

I will look into it later though.

- - - Updated - - -

its there a way to adjust the backpack to be a little more than the 45 slots? say 60 or so or does anyone know of a another mod compatible with Valmods to increase the size beyond 45 ? we took out minibikes just looking for a little more carrying space

Yes, its technically possible. But not that easy. 45 was the maximum I could achieve without doing anything drastic to the UI or risking resolution overlaps.

From a practical stand point I dont think I can make it any larger than 45. Though it is possible, yes.

Hm. Not sure what to say with the pressure plates. Their code is left vanilla. Other than a destroy event which should be harvest - which I had overlooked. Other than that the code looks the same to me so I guess thats how vanilla intends the pressure plates to behave.

Cell size for bigger backpack looks fine for me. Though it might look a bit wonky on some lower resolutions - that I'm not very sure of. I've tried to keep the overall size around the same basic ratio to ensure higher resolution compatibility though I haven't checked all the variable options.

You shouldn't be able to place a beaker in a campfire in Overhaul.

Yes.

https://github.com/LordValmar/Valmod-HORDE-EDITION/archive/master.zip

Odd. Not sure why it happened, just tested the baseball quest and I didnt run across any issues. Was your inventory already full when you finished the quest? The quest rewards casno coins for finishing it but if the inventory was full maybe they had no where to go and triggered the error. Though thats just a wild guess on my part. Are you positive it was the baseball quest?

Valmod's minibike is already quite larger than vanilla.

I wouldn't really call that a gamebreaking bug. Its more of a balancing issue than anything else.

I will look into it later though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, its technically possible. But not that easy. 45 was the maximum I could achieve without doing anything drastic to the UI or risking resolution overlaps.

From a practical stand point I dont think I can make it any larger than 45. Though it is possible, yes.

sorry wasnt more clear on my previous post, those werent things that are wrong just stuff that was broken. love your mod and glad your back

Just started using the expansion pack, and I'm wondering if some of the skill books not being usable is intended. I've been able to use the shotgun and rifle schematics but I can't use the minibike book, SMG schematic, or compound bow schematic because it says I don't meet the skill requirements. I'm still pretty early in the world so I don't know if it extends past these to others as well.

If it is intended, how do I learn the compound bow? Because I don't see it anywhere in the skills.

Feel free to grab my 72 slot UI reduced version from SMX lite if you want to. Gives 72 slots within the same UI window as the original backpack. The drawback is the small icon size.

Feel free to grab my 72 slot UI reduced version from SMX lite if you want to. Gives 72 slots within the same UI window as the original backpack. The drawback is the small icon size.

I'll have to give that a look later, definitely. Though small icon size is an "issue" I try to keep in mind. Some of my players are visually impaired so when you add that ontop of those who might have smaller resolutions it could make it difficult for them read or keep track of certain items in the inventory.

Edit:

Phew that is a lot of slots lol.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?66619-SMX-LITE-By-Sirillion

You do amazing UI work, Sirillion. You truly have my deepest respect and admiration. They're too small to meet my requirements but nevertheless its amazing you got it all to fit in the same ratio. I can definitely see many people wanting this for their base game. I certainly would on a personal level.

- golden road and aloe, after harvesting the sprout is vanished

- inventory window is to big. you can't read massages if its open.

any hint, how to get mushrooms to growing?

The sprout only is left behind if you harvested it by punching it with your hand. Unfortunately this can also result in getting less than what "press E to harvest" will give you. Generally speaking I only punch "wild" plants but harvest the ones at home.

Mushrooms are a unique plant in that they do not rely entirely on the plant growth system like other plants. They begin as being "upgraderated" blocks. From my understanding this is because they want the mushrooms to only be grown someplace dark (no sunlight) but the plant growth system only works if there is sunlight.

Try planting the mushrooms somewhere without sunlight to see if that helps. I have never actually grown them, personally, so my understanding of it might be off a bit.

Just started using the expansion pack, and I'm wondering if some of the skill books not being usable is intended. I've been able to use the shotgun and rifle schematics but I can't use the minibike book, SMG schematic, or compound bow schematic because it says I don't meet the skill requirements. I'm still pretty early in the world so I don't know if it extends past these to others as well.

If it is intended, how do I learn the compound bow? Because I don't see it anywhere in the skills.

Correct, someone mentioned that today. I will iron that out and fix it shortly and release a hotfix.

Sorry about that.

I'll have to give that a look later, definitely. Though small icon size is an "issue" I try to keep in mind. Some of my players are visually impaired so when you add that ontop of those who might have smaller resolutions it could make it difficult for them read or keep track of certain items in the inventory.

Any way we can add this to Valmod unofficially ourselves?

Any way we can add this to Valmod unofficially ourselves?

You could, yes. Though you'd have to manually modify either Valmod's xui files or Sirilions to manually merge the relevant parts together. This is not necessarily the easiest thing to do if you don't have any experience in these xmls or know what to look for though. So while it is possible I don't necessarily think its something to be taken on casually.

This is a relatively small hotfix update that mostly benefits Expansion pack.

Notable changes:

Readjusted some skill/recipe books to fix an issue they had with not allowing the player to read them. (mainly Expansion Pack)

Added the missing "handSnake" item so encountering snakes no longer leads to disaster.

Rocket Launcher skill adjusment.

Street light is now craftable.

Other various, minor adjustment tweaks.

DOWNLOAD Valmod Overhaul Pack

DOWNLOAD Valmod Expansion Pack

Mining Helmet stopped working. No Flashlight. F key for this. redid the keybind. repaired helmet. still no light. did you do something in the update.

Finally died and my Mining helmet started to work again. Logged for the night and thought everything was going to be fine. Logged in today and now the helmet does not work. Maybe a bug not sure but damn annoying. Limits my night time to some extant.

The sprout only is left behind if you harvested it by punching it with your hand. Unfortunately this can also result in getting less than what "press E to harvest" will give you. Generally speaking I only punch "wild" plants but harvest the ones at home.

Mushrooms are a unique plant in that they do not rely entirely on the plant growth system like other plants. They begin as being "upgraderated" blocks. From my understanding this is because they want the mushrooms to only be grown someplace dark (no sunlight) but the plant growth system only works if there is sunlight.

Try planting the mushrooms somewhere without sunlight to see if that helps. I have never actually grown them, personally, so my understanding of it might be off a bit.

Sorry about that.

I really tried all ways, with light, without light, plowed and not plowed ground. Only situation I could farm them are in clockwork mod.

Here is the xml from clockwork. Vanilla and valmod are not working for me.

I really like maniac powder so it would be nice if farming of mushrooms would be possible.

<block id="530" name="plantedMushroom1">

<property name="Material" value="Mmushrooms"/>

<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/> <property name="Texture" value="293"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>

<property name="Model" value="OutdoorDecor/mushroom_sprout" param1="main_mesh"/>

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,2,1"/>

<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="HandleFace" value="Bottom"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="5"/>

<property name="Class" value="UpgradeRated"/>

<property name="UpgradeRated.ToBlock" value="plantedMushroom2"/>

<property name="UpgradeRated.Rate" value="63"/>

<property name="HarvestOverdamage" value="false"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="plantedMushroom1" count="1"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="12"/>

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="0"/>

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking"/>

<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="farmingTip"/>

</block>

<block id="531" name="plantedMushroom2">

<property name="Extends" value="plantedMushroom1"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

<property name="Model" value="OutdoorDecor/mushroom_growth" param1="main_mesh"/>

<property name="UpgradeRated.ToBlock" value="mushroom3Harvest"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="plantedMushroom1" count="1"/>

</block>

<block id="532" name="mushroom3Harvest">

<property name="Material" value="Mmushrooms"/>

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/> <property name="Texture" value="293"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>

<property name="Model" value="OutdoorDecor/mushroom_harvest" param1="main_mesh"/>

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,2,1"/>

<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="Class" value="CropsGrown"/>

<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="0"/>

<property name="CropsGrown.BonusHarvestDivisor" value="16"/>

<property name="HarvestOverdamage" value="false"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="mushrooms" count="2"/>

<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>

<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="farmingTip"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="plantsBlockGroupDesc"/>

</block>

You could, yes. Though you'd have to manually modify either Valmod's xui files or Sirilions to manually merge the relevant parts together. This is not necessarily the easiest thing to do if you don't have any experience in these xmls or know what to look for though. So while it is possible I don't necessarily think its something to be taken on casually.

I just released a new version of SMX and an optional download where the SMX Lite and SMX mods have been merged. So that SHOULD make it a lot easier :)

Archived