A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Grr, the only thing I changed in the progression.xml is this:

<!-- Groups: firearms, weapons, tools, clothing, scavenging, health, crafting !-->

<progression>

<player

max_level="200"

exp_to_level="9545" (<--- changed to 1545 for faster sandbox levelling)

experience_multiplier="1.0149"

skill_points_per_level="6" (<--- changed to 30 to level skills faster)

skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

(EDIT) - Setting it back to default values did not 'restore' my ability to craft firearm ammo.

@EvalleEez, I sent you a PM with (probably too indepth) details on how I got the mod working. (uninstall, wipe game folder, reinstall manually)

<!-- Groups: firearms, weapons, tools, clothing, scavenging, health, crafting !-->

<progression>

<player

max_level="200"

(EDIT) - Setting it back to default values did not 'restore' my ability to craft firearm ammo.

@EvalleEez, I sent you a PM with (probably too indepth) details on how I got the mod working. (uninstall, wipe game folder, reinstall manually)

ok the only thing i can think of is and ive seen this with other things.

i highly recommend making a copy of your 7 days folder and pasting it into the same steam folder or another place it really doesnt matter. Install valmod to that and run the game from 7daystodie.exe. this always works for people who have perk issues and i "think" its because of steam overriding your xml files when changed. i could be wrong but we had an issue of people not getting workbench and thats because in vanilla its a perk, in valmod it is not.

ok compared code. mostly the differences were the stamina changes made in 16.2 to axes and such. so with the updated valmod you will see increased stamina usage on stone axe and steel axe.

again only thing i changed from valmods current code is rocket launcher repair bug, UI fixes for 16.2, and backpack mod. if you donwloaded previous version i forgot to update the dedicated server dll for bigger backpack that has been fixed in this

download link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql8c6833djb7uv1/Valmod-Overhaul-master.zip?dl=0

valmodimage.jpg.7d8f672b9189cac66a7b343e84632423.jpg

This is what happens when I use this link to get the modpack.

Mac or Linux? Anyway, instructions to fix are in the xml.

Neither Wikidchikin is running windows 10

- - - Updated - - -

<progression>

<player

max_level="200"

Thanks YaSo, I got your PM and did it with the game itself, still having issues. We are also trying to get it implemented on a dedicated server.

I have been posting updates but I make it clear these are my own doing and nothing to do with valmar. I also change nothing except what needs to be done to get it working else it wouldn't be valmod it would be my version and that's not what people come here for. That mod has lots of edits and added stuff

THAT is Not a True Valmod Update .. it's by someone else and I don't understand how he can put it ON Steam like that.

Just an FYI, this came directly from Valmod Steam group. Here is the official, and it works with 16.2, link for the updated mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/valmod/discussions/0/1471967615855968705/

was posted by

Ellmite Aug 7 @ 5:30am

I spoke with valmar yesterday.. he's told me that the overhaul is updated for 16.2 however he said if he had time, he would update the expansion and make an announcement today.. But doesn't look like he came on today.. But I uploaded the overhaul on my 16.2 server and seems to work fine with the exception of a few things..

was posted by

I spoke with valmar yesterday.. he's told me that the overhaul is updated for 16.2 however he said if he had time, he would update the expansion and make an announcement today.. But doesn't look like he came on today.. But I uploaded the overhaul on my 16.2 server and seems to work fine with the exception of a few things..

I've fixed everything that was throwing errors up so the link a page back or so will work with 16.2 and nothing was changed far as valmar code goes

Working on setting up our first modded server. There are 5 of us and trying to explain to everyone how to install mods would be a nightmare no matter how easy or basic it is to most people. I am hoping to use the 7DTD mod launcher to simplify it.

From what I understand I will just copy over the Mods and data files to the server. My question is what versions should I use so they match the launcher my players will use? Should I just use the launcher to mod my client and then copy the data and mods folders? That way I know the versions match.

And as this is our first modded game play any suggestions on what mods to use? I have Valmod-Overhaul downloaded and the "unofficial " complete Pack Exp steam (of Valmod's Ellmite's edits). We are hoping to play in 16.2 though would not mind 16.3. I assume I might be better off with the "main" builds and not the Exp. ones.

UI/HUD issues

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22204[/ATTACH]

This is what happens when I use this link to get the modpack.

Yeah. This happened to me too. I can fix it by using different UI (i.e. Relxix HUD), BUT it will mess up the Water Bowl/Beaker in campfire - Valmod uses water bowl, but when I set up the other UI it will be again Beaker. Just tested it.

Any 'easy' way to fix this?

Working on setting up our first modded server. There are 5 of us and trying to explain to everyone how to install mods would be a nightmare no matter how easy or basic it is to most people. I am hoping to use the 7DTD mod launcher to simplify it.

From what I understand I will just copy over the Mods and data files to the server. My question is what versions should I use so they match the launcher my players will use? Should I just use the launcher to mod my client and then copy the data and mods folders? That way I know the versions match.

And as this is our first modded game play any suggestions on what mods to use? I have Valmod-Overhaul downloaded and the "unofficial " complete Pack Exp steam (of Valmod's Ellmite's edits). We are hoping to play in 16.2 though would not mind 16.3. I assume I might be better off with the "main" builds and not the Exp. ones.

i cant help with launcher but if you scroll a few posts back i link a valmod overhaul thats 16.2 compatible. its pure valmod no changes made by except ui that needed updating for 16.2 and rocket launcer repair bug. i would go with that one or if you play 16.1 the overhaul in first post

was posted by

I been trying to PM him forever now onm Steam.....Hope he replies..i need ot pick his brain a little

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. This happened to me too. I can fix it by using different UI (i.e. Relxix HUD), BUT it will mess up the Water Bowl/Beaker in campfire - Valmod uses water bowl, but when I set up the other UI it will be again Beaker. Just tested it.

Any 'easy' way to fix this?

yeah....Change the Beaker in the Windows.Xml to what you want

Giving this a go, and seems to be great for my kind of game play...

( I have survived the first night ) that's saying something.

UPDATE :

Can not seem to be able to apply Clay Bowl to CampFire.. * Bowl of water ! - ahhh *

Finding some Quest items right next to Quest Notes, is that right ?

Using Overhaul.

Archived