A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Tried your version. You're using the same DLL files as both Val and the Backpack mod, and I can't get them to work right. Everytime I re-log the extra slots are empty. I had this problem with the bigger backpack from vals 16.1 version, but I fixed it by using the DLLs right from the backpack mod itself. This time that didn't help (because they are the same :-p )

are you playing on dedi server? is it hosted by a company? did you upload the dll yourself? if yes to all those that might be your issue. most server companies dont allow dll uploads. my server is using the 45 slot and having no issues. make sure your using the client dll for you and the server has the dedi one

Can anyone tell me why zombies are not running during the night with Valmod? I have overhaul, bigger backpack, and the horde edition running on a dedicated server. My friends and I just did the first 7 day horde and all zombies were just walking, even the dogs were slow as hell.

If anyone can tell me why this is happening that would be great and yes the server setting is default for zombies walk during the day and run at night.

Yes, it's on a dedi server. It's hosted by pingperfect. I was able to get it working last time by uploading my own dll files, and I get no errors when uploading the files in question. But, deleting them made no difference... :-\

make sure you are uploading the server version of the dll to the server and using the client/sp version on your local machine...they are different files.

If anyone watches Archer I would like to take this chance to say Linux can eat a bag of D*KS. I can get a modded server up and running on a windows VM but not in Ubuntu. I figured out I had the UI directory setup wrong with global style key 'yellow' not found and fixed that got into the server and found it to be unmodded. I am using the 7dtd mod launcher, and LGSM and I am sure it is down to operator error or maybe a I-D-10_t error but either way calling it a night and will start fresh tomorrow.

same for me, as soon as i use the valmod pack in game i can no longer make stone axes, all are level 1 and do 0 damage . fresh install with fresh valmod

Same here. Did you find a fix to the solution? Does anyone know a way to fix it? Please help :)

Ok, I did a clean install off both the 7 days to die client and dedicated server. I then updated both to 16.2 and installed valmod + bigger backpack on both, following the instructions to the letter.

Once this was done, I started a new random world and loaded in. Everything seems fine, but when I put an item in the bottom row of my backpack, and log back on, it’s gone.

I’m 100% sure the files are in the right place.

I've got no idea what's wrong and it's really bugging me.

Edit: Yes I've turned off EAC, if not the server wouldn't start. Also, I managed to get this to work fine on 16.1, but I had the same issue until someone found a bug in the dlls...

Edit2: It works perfectly in single player. This is only a problem on the dedicated server.

Uhm. Does anyone know how to reduce the experience gained from mining? it's just as insane as in regular 7days. I looked in progression.xml but couldn't really pinpoint anything to change.

Our Miner had mined away to lvl 38 at day 4, while me being the second highest level in our group as a Builder with lvl 16... (same time played)

Everyone in our group agrees that xp gained from mining should be atleast cut in half.

Still fighting to get this working in ubuntu. I have LGSM installed and I am to the point where I have some of the HUD working but that is it. All the videos and guides have been with windows. At this point pretty sure I have butchered my file structure on the server. Could anyone post a screen shot showing how or where they installed the Mods. I am new to Linux and have been unable to find the save games. GamePref.SaveGameFolder = /home/sdtdserver/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves I can not find it going in with putty or filezilla. So for now I keep changing the game name as I make changes trying to get it working but I used direwolf, and 7dayystodie seeds. If I can find the files and erase them it would be a big help. Thanks everyone.

Still fighting to get this working in ubuntu. I have LGSM installed and I am to the point where I have some of the HUD working but that is it. All the videos and guides have been with windows. At this point pretty sure I have butchered my file structure on the server. Could anyone post a screen shot showing how or where they installed the Mods. I am new to Linux and have been unable to find the save games. GamePref.SaveGameFolder = /home/sdtdserver/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves I can not find it going in with putty or filezilla. So for now I keep changing the game name as I make changes trying to get it working but I used direwolf, and 7dayystodie seeds. If I can find the files and erase them it would be a big help. Thanks everyone.

It seems you are struggling to get things sorted through Linux. Are you able to bring up the server in vanilla?

With regards to saves, take a look here.

With regards to getting a vanilla dedicated server up and running, take a look here.

No... Should it be? It's under managed in te SP version, but in the modpack it no under managed for the dedicated server. Is that wrong?

Yes, place the file under the Managed folder on the dedicated server, over-writing when prompted Restart the server, and try again :)

Ok, I did a clean install off both the 7 days to die client and dedicated server. I then updated both to 16.2 and installed valmod + bigger backpack on both, following the instructions to the letter.

Once this was done, I started a new random world and loaded in. Everything seems fine, but when I put an item in the bottom row of my backpack, and log back on, it’s gone.

I’m 100% sure the files are in the right place.

I've got no idea what's wrong and it's really bugging me.

Edit: Yes I've turned off EAC, if not the server wouldn't start. Also, I managed to get this to work fine on 16.1, but I had the same issue until someone found a bug in the dlls...

Edit2: It works perfectly in single player. This is only a problem on the dedicated server.

im betting pingperfect blocks dll uploads.. send in a ticket with a link to that dll and ask them to install it

Yes, place the file under the Managed folder on the dedicated server, over-writing when prompted Restart the server, and try again :)

Moving the dll worked!

- - - Updated - - -

im betting pingperfect blocks dll uploads.. send in a ticket with a link to that dll and ask them to install it

They say they do, but they don't. Moving the dll files to the managed folder fixed it. The file is in the wrong place in the archive folder from val.

Finding some Quest items right next to Quest Notes, is that right ?

Using Overhaul.

Its possible, yes.

Welcome back.

I re-enabled your mods to the 7D2D Mod Launcher :)

Thank you, Sphereii. Much appreciated.

i know you just got back and glad for it, you have 1 small bug in <item id="54" name="gunRocketLauncher">

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftSkillGuns"/> is vanilla code in your mod it should be <property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftSkillWeapons"/>

My thanks.

I can only make level 1 stone axes once i activate a class, in this case survivor playing Expansion.

I started a new game with Valmod (working for 16.2) today and i did the starting quest then selected survivor an after that all I can now make is level 1 stone axes and scrap axes, the club, wooden bow ETC are fine, level 25 as should be.

I started a new game with Valmod and selected survivor again before i did the main quest line an when i got to make stone axe it was only level 1.

Yes I did try to spam graft a few an same out come.

Stone Axe Level 1 entity damage, 0 block damage 0.

Whats wrong, any help please I miss my Valmod and sorry I don't use Overhaul.

Thanks

MissJamieTogress

My theory: you're playing on 200% loot and thus are getting two Perk items when you choose a class. You are not intended to be able to get two as you're only suppose to be getting one. However with 200% boosting it that "1" becomes "2". When you read both that is what breaks it. Because it gives you two two levels into X skill, however that skill has a requirement for your player to be level X before you should be able to unlock the second level. This is bypassing the player level, which doesn't meet the requirement, which in turn throws it out of whack. Thus the quality ranges stop working.

I will modify the expansion pack so this can't happen in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience. Easiest solution for you is to make a new game and only read one of the perk items, trash the other.

The 16.2 Valmod from 2 days ago that Valmar posted to his Github page still has the 'fix a rocket launcher crash' that GrrMisfit fixed a few pages back. I know Valmar has only just come back, but it would be great if he incorporated the (or at least checked over) the fixes that have been made while he was away. I'm going back to the last Grr modified version I found, which had the small backpack-toolbelt overlap. (or I will try Valmars backpack that was in his 16.2 Github package)

(at least until I know the fixes have been implemented)

Other than the forementioned rocket launcher I'm not aware of any others. Where should I be checking?

When I loaded up Valmod Expansion today, something seemed very off:

It adds the new zombies as selectable profiles in the player creation, and now when I spawn a new zombie in, it acts as an NPC and won't attack at all. Upon trying to hit it, it gives me error messages in the command console.

What do I do?

The new zombies being profiles is something "intentionally" done. Its for performance reasons. Pay it no mind.

What zombie are you having issue with and on what version? They work for me in my test. Only one that behaves as an NPC and won't attack and gives errors is Jason/Jason Axe. He used to work in the last alpha but they changed something so he isn't quite working right atm. However Jason does not spawn at all, so a normal player should never run into this issue. He only can be spawned in with dev mode.

Bug bug bug! any foods on clay bowl bug keep spammed error on console.

Valmar need fix it this issued

I'm afraid I am not able to replicate your problem, so I'm not sure what it could be.

I am not a huge modder, but I have enjoyed Valmod for a long time. I installed the Expansion on alpha 16.2

Now whenever i get near wasteland or desert, this error comes up telling me that object with name "handsnake" not found, followed by the eternal list of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Error. Any Idea how to fix this?

Ah. That's entirely my mistake. Sorry about that. Fixed.

Can anyone tell me why zombies are not running during the night with Valmod? I have overhaul, bigger backpack, and the horde edition running on a dedicated server. My friends and I just did the first 7 day horde and all zombies were just walking, even the dogs were slow as hell.

If anyone can tell me why this is happening that would be great and yes the server setting is default for zombies walk during the day and run at night.

Horde Edition disables running zombies if you use its "entityclasses" xml file. Hence they do not run at night.

Uhm. Does anyone know how to reduce the experience gained from mining? it's just as insane as in regular 7days. I looked in progression.xml but couldn't really pinpoint anything to change.

Our Miner had mined away to lvl 38 at day 4, while me being the second highest level in our group as a Builder with lvl 16... (same time played)

Everyone in our group agrees that xp gained from mining should be atleast cut in half.

There are two ways to reduce the experience for mining. Though by far the easiest is to modify the progression.xml

Find the Mining Tools action_skill and increase the exp_to_level. Since you want it to be by half increase the number from 500 to 1000.

<action_skill name="Mining Tools" exp_to_level="500" icon="mining" description_key="miningToolsDesc" title_key="miningTools" group="tools">

<effect name="BlockDamage">

<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1.00,1.32"/>

<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="1.32,1.45"/>

<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="1.45,1.55"/>

<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="1.55,1.63"/>

<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="1.63,1.71"/>

<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="1.71,1.77"/>

<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="1.77,1.84"/>

<multiply skill_level="70,80" value="1.84,1.89"/>

<multiply skill_level="80,90" value="1.89,1.95"/>

<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="1.95,2.00"/>

</effect>

</action_skill>

It seems you are struggling to get things sorted through Linux. Are you able to bring up the server in vanilla?

With regards to saves, take a look here.

With regards to getting a vanilla dedicated server up and running, take a look here.

I can run an unmodded server with no problems. I think I may have messed things up with the bigger back pack mod. Linux game server helped a lot with that. Will go read about saves in linux.

I have a Valmod server up and running.

http://imgur.com/a/0Ot6P

I posted pictures as I worked. The last picture is of my butchered file structure. How many mistakes can you spot LOL. To tired to keep at it tonight. Will start again tomorrow.

<User>/.local/share/7DaysToDie does not exsist that I can see unless the /.local is something special I do not understand yet I am very new to linux. Ok learned .local is hidden but if I drop the location in the bar filezilla took me right to it!!

Horde Edition disables running zombies if you use its "entityclasses" xml file. Hence they do not run at night.

Thanks, I've just replaced the entityclasses with the one from overhaul. We wanted more zombies and lethal head shots but zombies always walking will get boring really fast.

Its possible, yes.

Thank you, Sphereii. Much appreciated.

My thanks.

My theory: you're playing on 200% loot and thus are getting two Perk items when you choose a class. You are not intended to be able to get two as you're only suppose to be getting one. However with 200% boosting it that "1" becomes "2". When you read both that is what breaks it. Because it gives you two two levels into X skill, however that skill has a requirement for your player to be level X before you should be able to unlock the second level. This is bypassing the player level, which doesn't meet the requirement, which in turn throws it out of whack. Thus the quality ranges stop working.

I will modify the expansion pack so this can't happen in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience. Easiest solution for you is to make a new game and only read one of the perk items, trash the other.

Other than the forementioned rocket launcher I'm not aware of any others. Where should I be checking?

the pressure plates were being placed below blocks or below ground level instead of on top, not sure if this was intentional, the bigger backpack cell size was to big in a15 you had it set to 67 so thats what i set it too. think that was it, check make sure the beaker isnt in campfire instead of water bowl? think that was a bigger backpack issue not your actual mod, same with cell size in back pack

Archived