A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I have not searched the forums for this, but has anyone ever heard of a mining helmut in the Valmod pack that stops working? I can still toggle on and off a flashlight, and other players can get the helmuts I have to work, but when I try to use them, I get no light. Any suggestions? I would be willing for my server owner to delete my char and to start over on the server if this would resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance,

Raven Syndil

Pardon me Grrmisfit, the fixes you are linking aren't reflected in sphereii's (probably spelled that wrong) launcher correct? I imagine that has to wait till Valmar returns? No issue doing it manually, just want to make sure I'm going about things the right way. Also want to thank you with everyone else for taking the time to do these fixes. We really appreciate the effort you're putting into it.

ill look into mod launcher, not sure as ive never used it. but all these changes are ones ive made to the mod since valmar has life issues keeping him away and thus are unofficial

I have not searched the forums for this, but has anyone ever heard of a mining helmut in the Valmod pack that stops working? I can still toggle on and off a flashlight, and other players can get the helmuts I have to work, but when I try to use them, I get no light. Any suggestions? I would be willing for my server owner to delete my char and to start over on the server if this would resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance,

Raven Syndil

do you have the led goggles on? i know some of the goggles that produce a bug but it usually happens to them. try taking the helmet off and back on. I havent ran into this issue myself

Is this for 16.2?

yes

does anyone know how to make STONE? I have the cement and concrete perk unlocked but I am so lost on how to make stone. I can't make cement to even attempt to make stone. help!

Stone (the hard, durable stuff that is deep underground that is mined into small stones) is made in the Cement Mixer. You need skill Masonry level 20 to be able to get the Cement Mixer 'perk', but I cannot find an actual recipe for Stone. My character's Masonry is level 50, and Stone shows up as able to be mixed with the right ingredients. Maybe you get the Stone recipe with the Cement Mixer, or maybe you don't need a recipe for it but do need the Mixer to make them.

The perks for the ammo would not light up regardless of what I did. Finally modded the progression.xml to include

<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Construction Tools" required_skill_level="1"/> for each type. I could purchase every perk except the top 9mm one after that. Since I just found the 44 mag that is not as important anymore.

For me, the '2 level perks' for all ammo types are 'locked' as if I don't have the requirements for the perk. I seem to remember that you need a low-ish amount of gun skill to craft ammo before, like 10 or 20 in... something. Is there supposed to be a skill called Gunsmithing or Firearms, because I don't have it listed if that's an ammo perk requirement. (I have 75 skills listed and am at level 190 with all other skills at least at 50)

For me, the '2 level perks' for all ammo types are 'locked' as if I don't have the requirements for the perk. I seem to remember that you need a low-ish amount of gun skill to craft ammo before, like 10 or 20 in... something. Is there supposed to be a skill called Gunsmithing or Firearms, because I don't have it listed if that's an ammo perk requirement. (I have 75 skills listed and am at level 190 with all other skills at least at 50)

for 16.2 each ammo type has its own crafting perk with 2 levels.

example

<perk name="9mm Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="9mmRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="9mmRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">

<recipe name="9mmBullet" unlock_level="1"/>

<recipe name="bulletTip" unlock_level="1"/> <recipe name="HollowTip" unlock_level="1"/>

<recipe name="9mmBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/> <recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>

<recipe name="9mmBulletHP" unlock_level="2"/>

<recipe name="9mmBulletINC" unlock_level="2"/>

</perk>

that gives you 9mm casings tips and gunpowder and 9mm ammo itself. make sure your trying to make them at the armory not workbench.

not sure why they are locked out cause as you look above theres no requirement to purchase the perk. looking at vanilla you did need craftSkillGuns.. make sure mod is installed fully, i also suggest not installing it inside your steam folder, make a copy of your 7 days folder and label it 7 days copy or soemthing and install valmod there. or turn off auto updates in steam

@grrmisfit

You have made the UI changes to Valmod's previous Version Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental-Master and the current version comes with some changes as i go through it and it is named as Valmod-Overhaul-Master, verify it yourself maybe i was wrong, so confusing without any numbers :confusion:

@grrmisfit

You have made the UI changes to Valmod's previous Version Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental-Master and the current version comes with some changes as i go through it and it is named as Valmod-Overhaul-Master, verify it yourself maybe i was wrong, so confusing without any numbers :confusion:

I'll take a look when I get home, all I changed was ui for 16.2 and pressure plates really. Oh and fixed launcher repair bug. But I'll compare code when I can

@grrmisfit

ok compared code. mostly the differences were the stamina changes made in 16.2 to axes and such. so with the updated valmod you will see increased stamina usage on stone axe and steel axe.

again only thing i changed from valmods current code is rocket launcher repair bug, UI fixes for 16.2, and backpack mod. if you donwloaded previous version i forgot to update the dedicated server dll for bigger backpack that has been fixed in this

download link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql8c6833djb7uv1/Valmod-Overhaul-master.zip?dl=0

ok compared code. mostly the differences were the stamina changes made in 16.2 to axes and such. so with the updated valmod you will see increased stamina usage on stone axe and steel axe.[/url]

You problably also forget too update the mini bike bag size, go mine back to expanded version at line 1876 of window.xml:

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="[color=#ff0000]6[/color]" cols="[color=#ff0000]3[/color]" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
           <item_stack name="0"/>
       </grid>

Change to

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="[color=#ff0000]5[/color]" cols="[color=#ff0000]7[/color]" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
           <item_stack name="0"/>
       </grid>

You problably also forget too update the mini bike bag size, go mine back to expanded version at line 1876 of window.xml:

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="[color=#ff0000]6[/color]" cols="[color=#ff0000]3[/color]" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
           <item_stack name="0"/>
       </grid>

Change to

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="[color=#ff0000]5[/color]" cols="[color=#ff0000]7[/color]" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
           <item_stack name="0"/>
       </grid>

thanks.. winmerge didnt catch that. will update soon

edit: its 6 3 in both valmod and bigger backpack so as im only doing fixes ill let others make those changes

- Please double check the sizing of the BackPack Mod, as the cell sizes seem larger. Perhaps either the one who updated BackPack Mod for 16.2 tweaked something, or FunPimps changed something for 16.2 regarding the base UI size?

In 16.1 and earlier games with an unmodified ValMod and BackPack Mod, the bottom row of the 5x9 grid would slightly cover over any text that popped up, but it was still readable so i didn't bother to try to tweak it.

Now it overlaps the belt slots by about 20%, enough to obscure the item count numbers of things in the bottom row of 9. I am running @1080p, using Grr tweaked Valmod a16.2 post #1548.

(overlapping backpack and toolbelt Steam image)

- Not sure if it is vanilla or part of the ValMod, but while you can grow crops under Bulletproof Glass (in a sort-of greenhouse), Solar cells don't charge under Bulletproof glass.

- I am not sure what is up with the ammo being locked out for me, MIGHT be that I tweaked the progression.xml to add levels at 15xx XP instead of 95xx XP so I could get to higher levels faster, while doing sandbox base builds. Setting it back to stock, 95xx, didn't change anything and I've wiped and reinstalled the game many many times in the last week, and set the game in the BETAS tab to stay on 16.2 beta, which I HOPE won't auto-update.

(Locked ammo types in my Skills list Steam image)

Otherwise, game works great, thanks for the updates!

- Please double check the sizing of the BackPack Mod, as the cell sizes seem larger. Perhaps either the one who updated BackPack Mod for 16.2 tweaked something, or FunPimps changed something for 16.2 regarding the base UI size?

In 16.1 and earlier games with an unmodified ValMod and BackPack Mod, the bottom row of the 5x9 grid would slightly cover over any text that popped up, but it was still readable so i didn't bother to try to tweak it.

Now it overlaps the belt slots by about 20%, enough to obscure the item count numbers of things in the bottom row of 9. I am running @1080p, using Grr tweaked Valmod a16.2 post #1548.

(overlapping backpack and toolbelt Steam image)

- Not sure if it is vanilla or part of the ValMod, but while you can grow crops under Bulletproof Glass (in a sort-of greenhouse), Solar cells don't charge under Bulletproof glass.

- I am not sure what is up with the ammo being locked out for me, MIGHT be that I tweaked the progression.xml to add levels at 15xx XP instead of 95xx XP so I could get to higher levels faster, while doing sandbox base builds. Setting it back to stock, 95xx, didn't change anything and I've wiped and reinstalled the game many many times in the last week, and set the game in the BETAS tab to stay on 16.2 beta, which I HOPE won't auto-update.

(Locked ammo types in my Skills list Steam image)

Otherwise, game works great, thanks for the updates!

updated it to A15 size which i tested in a16.2 and works fine.. icons will be a little small but toolbelt is visible

if you can, post your progression.xml in pastebin.com , ill see if i can find whats wrong

It's just been cyling like this for the last 20 minutes

I have had nothing but issues trying to get this mod to work on both 16.2 and 16.1, I do the overhaul pack only and not the bigger backpack and I keep sticking on Loading UI

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22190[/ATTACH]

according to files they were last edited on 7/17. far as i know only thing that got really updated since then was UI changes and some minor other things

from what he's told me as of today.. He updated it to work with 16.2 now.. he's hoping to do expansion pack tomorrow.. and make the announcement

from what he's told me as of today.. He updated it to work with 16.2 now.. he's hoping to do expansion pack tomorrow.. and make the announcement

great hes back, i just finished updating it for 16.3 but if hes back ill let him update it. glad hes back and got things going in again.

great hes back, i just finished updating it for 16.3 but if hes back ill let him update it. glad hes back and got things going in again.

not saying he's back exactly but as long as nothing else comes up he should be able to update the expansion pack.

Are you using the dowoad link from first post or the one I provided a few posts back. The one on first page isn't 16.2 ready or maybe even 16.1 depending on build

I am using the one from the 7D2D lMod Launcher and I got it to work with 16.1 stable version, but not 16.2. I looked for the updated one on here but couldn't find it and if I did find a link it always redirected me back to the main thread link. We were trying to add it to our server, which is 16.2, with no luck.

I am using the one from the 7D2D lMod Launcher and I got it to work with 16.1 stable version, but not 16.2. I looked for the updated one on here but couldn't find it and if I did find a link it always redirected me back to the main thread link. We were trying to add it to our server, which is 16.2, with no luck.

valmod came on today... he hasn't officially announced it but says the overhaul is ready for 16.2.. he'll try to update expansion pack tom.. So, i'm assuming the first page should work for 16.2

Archived