A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

So far the only issue I've found is the Construction tools, and Weapons perks aren't showing up. So I can't craft any tools or weapons passed 25 quality. Not sure if this is intended or that the skills are unlocked/found in the world through looting skill books. Couldn't find any documentation supporting that though. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Actually there's quite a few skills not showing up. Fletching, archery, master archer, assault rifles. Hopefully they're gated and show up later. Or else this is a bug

this has to be due to an install issue, read back a few psosts and look for a link i posted to his github account. it has the b129 experimental and so far it has been working fine on my dedi server. with valmod on leave I will probably go thru it myself and make changes.

this has to be due to an install issue, read back a few psosts and look for a link i posted to his github account. it has the b129 experimental and so far it has been working fine on my dedi server. with valmod on leave I will probably go thru it myself and make changes.

Not sure how I could have messed up the install. It's just simple file replacement. I've been comparing the vanilla progression.xml and valmods progression.xml and the regular skill like crafting tools and weapon crafting are identical. Only thing is they're not showing up with valmod installed. Everything is where it should be. Not sure whats going on

Not sure how I could have messed up the install. It's just simple file replacement. I've been comparing the vanilla progression.xml and valmods progression.xml and the regular skill like crafting tools and weapon crafting are identical. Only thing is they're not showing up with valmod installed. Everything is where it should be. Not sure whats going on

are you running valmod in your default steam folder? while the only part you really need of valmod for MP is the icons and such since the xml files get pushed by server ive seen issues come up since a16 where people running it inside the default folder caused issues.. soon as they made a copied folder and ran it from there all was fine.

So far the only issue I've found is the Construction tools, and Weapons perks aren't showing up. So I can't craft any tools or weapons passed 25 quality. Not sure if this is intended or that the skills are unlocked/found in the world through looting skill books. Couldn't find any documentation supporting that though. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Actually there's quite a few skills not showing up. Fletching, archery, master archer, assault rifles. Hopefully they're gated and show up later. Or else this is a bug

Not the problem here. I have been running it with no issues at all.

Note to everyone having problems:

Uninstall and delete the 7d2d folder and then reinstall, reinstall Valmod, reinstall Backpack Mod (optional)

This is what I did and it works fine for me including the backpack mod

hmm camera preview on turrets isnt working. i tested on vanilla and its fine.. not sure where to look in valmod but im trying to figure it out

edit: SMX was updated to fix this .. in xui.xml in data config change

old code

<window_group name="powercamera" controller="XUiC_PowerCameraWindowGroup" >
		<window name="windowPowerCameraControl" />
		<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
	</window_group>

new code

<window_group name="powercamera" controller="XUiC_PowerCameraWindowGroup" actionSet="controller">
		<window name="windowPowerCameraControl" />
		<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
	</window_group>

Mod help.

Hey, stupid question and I apologize for asking here, if theres a better place to ask just point me in the direction!

I have an old Valmod mod pack, from January, so I believe 15.1 if I am not mistaken. I have overhaul and the Horde add on for more difficulty. I stopped playing for a few months and today opted into the 15.2 beta then the 15.1 beta to play my save game instead of updating to A16. Im getting some small errors, on a data cap so dont want to waste data if easily fixable but ive tried looking everywhere. Here is the Output.Log part with the errors. If you need the whole one please let me know.

Another question thats been racking my mind is do I need to use another launcher? I cant remember if when downloading this mod there was a seperate 7 days to die launcher that ran the mod.. but I havent found anything on that either.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2017-07-16T15:19:55 11.242 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'cntEPSFridgeBottom' in use_action!/ at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2017-07-16T15:19:55 11.243 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2017-07-16T15:19:55 11.243 ERR at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Item smallEngine for Receiver not found!

at ItemClass.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClass.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.RR (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+IJ.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+UH.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2017-07-16T15:20:04 19.976 INF OnApplicationQuit

Greetings.

Firstly let me apologize for my absence as of late. Real-life circumstances have made it rather tedious and impractical to use my computer. As such I have been AWOL. I won't go into details venting about all my life drama and headache as of late, suffice to say that its been a bit out of my control and for the time being I wont be able to keep up with posts and the like. Hopefully come next month things will settle down and I will be able to resume. Trust me, I hate being away from my PC as much as you all hate waiting for Valmod updates, Im sure.

Either way as A16.1 did not actually change much from the experimental build I managed to get some time to update it. As such, rejoice, Valmod Overhaul is currently A16.1 compatible. Valmod Expansion however will not be getting an update until my current realworld issues are resolved hopefully sometime next month.

Why is this? Mainly because Valmod Overhaul was already up-to-date on the experimental build. This means it actually took me very little effort to further update it to A16.1 - not much changed. Valmod Expansion however is still very much an A15 build which means I have to almost do it from scratch.

I may be able to squeeze in 20-30 minutes of PC time to update a mostly complete Overhaul but I definitely wont be able to touch on Expansion pack until things cool down over here. Heh, quite literally.

At anyrate, sorry again for the delay. Once I am able to return I will go through the loads of comments I've missed and while it may be too late to respond to them I will still go over the feedback and make adjustments to the mod while needed provided the feedback recommends it. So still feel free to report any bugs or oversights even if I am not currently available to go over it since I will be checking up on all that I missed once I return.

Again, my apologizes.

Cordially,

Valmar

P.S. I did mention some of my woes earlier on the steam group. Its not like I was purposely keeping the 7DTD forum in the dark - its just that at the time I wasn't able to get on my main PC and for the life of me I could not remember my login details for the forum to login via tablet browser. That is why this message of absence is a bit later than that of the steam group.

Valmar .. Like I said on the Steam link ... Take what time you need ... Real Life issues are more important than us as gamers .. WE will be here as always.

Take Care and Thank you for your great mods

quick question: In the 7D2D launcher .. ............................................................................ Got it.

Never mind: I figured it out ..... For anyone that WANTS to use the 7D2D Launcher for game .. at the bottom of Launcher it will say

Experimental: You want the ONE that just says .... [ Valmod Overhaul ] AND this works Great with 16.1 (b1)

NOTICE :...... [ Bigger backpack is for A16 b129 .. Will NOT work with 16.1(b1) ]

*nevermind did get it to work for some reason combopack tab is not working

Cant load Big Bckpack Overhaul :(

Was able to load but something got glitchy on random gen, there is a big cross road and i think a city did not load where it should be...looks like sticking to vanilla for a bit :(

Hello - I'm looking for some help on this, new to the game/mod. I'd love to be able to expand the number of toolbelt slots from 8 to 10 or 12. I'm not too concerned about the UI coping perfectly (as far as graphically, with the clips on the end of the normal Valmod UI). Does anyone know enough to know if this is possible, and how I might do this? Thanks for any help!

Server host error

Hello I am sort of new-ish to the 7days modding.

I have never had this error/problem before. I rent a server host for 7days and have been using this mod since alpha 15. Not sure how to add "spoilers" or if I am able to add a notepad of the error so I will just past the screenshot url on here. Would appreciate if anyone could let me know what went wrong please, thank you.

https://gyazo.com/f5db7f2ee3ae52a750680452d54703a2

I just started a new Valmod game and am unable to see the workbench in the list of purchasable skills. Can it still be purchased or do skill books drop for them now?

Workbench is under carpentry .. if you running A16.1 (b1) experimental [ Valmod Overhaul ]

Archived