A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Yup I know that but I Tought it was possible to make the nailgun parts them self I was sure I saw the recepies to make nailgun parts but I could be mistaken

I don't recall ever adding though, unless its vanilla. THe nailgun having parts is actually pretty new, just added in A15.

Is there any fix for the lag when using forges etc?

I don't know if it still works in A15 but back in the day the fix was to enter jibberish in the search bar so that nothing is displayed in the crafting list.

Hi Valmar, i tried messing around with the code from another post for mini bike storage

here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?35922-Mini-Bike-Storage-x2-amp-x3

I'm looking to add the 7x9 storage but i cant seem to get it, if you have some time do you think you could have a look at it and paste the code needed for it to work with your overhaul experimental.

I can get the storage to change at the moment i am using just a basic 6x6 storage but it does not center the entire thing instead it extends the storage to the right window border, i would like it to be centered how it is shown in that other post.

Thanks for your time!

I was wondering has the experimental been moved to the main branch yet? The main link for overhaul on the first page?

If not when is this likely to happen?

Not yet, no. I still want to give it a little time to get more feedback from the few who opted to play it. Experimental is a pretty drastic overhaul so I really want to to be polished and ready. That being said you can, if you want, use the Experimental version right now. It is essentially done and ready for main release, so when it does come out your game will still be compatible. Infact chances are nothing significant will change from now to then.

Valmod Overhaul Experimental

Hi Valmar, i tried messing around with the code from another post for mini bike storage

here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?35922-Mini-Bike-Storage-x2-amp-x3

I'm looking to add the 7x9 storage but i cant seem to get it, if you have some time do you think you could have a look at it and paste the code needed for it to work with your overhaul experimental.

I can get the storage to change at the moment i am using just a basic 6x6 storage but it does not center the entire thing instead it extends the storage to the right window border, i would like it to be centered how it is shown in that other post.

Thanks for your time!

Well, like I said before, thats the complicated part about XUI. Getting something to function vs getting something to actually look good. There is a ton of trail and error involved in that. A lot of "change this one number and relaunch the game to see if it worked" type of stuff.

Here, try this. I will highlight the only code you have to change. Do not just copy/paste everything. Only focus on the parts that are higlighted.

loot.xml

<!-- minibike storage -->

<lootcontainer id="62" count="0,1" size="7,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_shopping_basket" open_time="0" sound_close="UseActions/close_shopping_basket" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="cobweb" count="0" prob="0.01" />

</lootcontainer>

windows.xml

<window name="windowVehicleStorage" width="529" height="262" depth="5" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" backgroundcolor="[black]">

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">

<sprite depth="1" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="4,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>

<label style="header.name" text="MINIBIKE STORAGE" text_key="xuiMinibikeStorage" />

</panel>

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="7" cols="9" pos="3,-49" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

<panel name="emptyPanel" height="739" width="529" depth="4" pos="0,-46" backgroundcolor="[darkGrey]" bordercolor="[black]" visible="false">

<sprite depth="4" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

<label pos="0,-180" depth="3" name="descriptionText" width="100%" height="80" text="ADD BASKET TO ACCESS STORAGE." text_key="xuiEmptyVehicleStorage" justify="center" font_size="28"/>

</panel>

</window>

If you make only those highlight changes it should work and look reasonably decent.

If you make only those highlight changes it should work and look reasonably decent.

thx Valmar, this works good ! :) excepth, after testing on my test game, hmmm missing 1 column and it's a bit overlapping:

20161022145054_1.thumb.jpg.e6a4c4cc4ef40939f298d84e4e42598d.jpg

-Edit-

so i changed the 7x9 in loot and windows to 7x8:

7x8.thumb.jpg.caa5214d04785c7e985ab9ca18d164a1.jpg

a bit better, i didnt change any widths or heights because i do not know what formula you've used.

I am going to try 8x8 and 8x7 but i am not sure if it will work without changing widths and heights.

-edit2-

8x8

8x8.jpg.51ebe28be256683df0cc89766035c16c.jpg

-edit3-

8x7

2142170856_8x7.jpg.7a716412e3f90aba85f6d24e327bc7e7.jpg

this seems to be my sweetspot with less overlapping and all fits :) all i changed is the rows x cols in loot and windows nothing else - keeping valmars other widths and heights.

You shouldn't need to touch the width and height unless you change the number of rows. Since what you want to change is the number of cols then all you'd need to do is adjust the loot inventory size.

What I'm using is:

<!-- minibike storage -->

<lootcontainer id="62" count="0,1" size="5,6" sound_open="UseActions/open_shopping_basket" open_time="0" sound_close="UseActions/close_shopping_basket" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="cobweb" count="0" prob="0.01" />

</lootcontainer>

<window name="windowVehicleStorage" width="380" height="262" depth="5" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" backgroundcolor="[black]">

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">

<sprite depth="1" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="4,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>

<label style="header.name" text="MINIBIKE STORAGE" text_key="xuiMinibikeStorage" />

</panel>

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="5" cols="6" pos="3,-46" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

<panel name="emptyPanel" width="380" height="739" depth="4" pos="0,-49" backgroundcolor="[darkGrey]" bordercolor="[black]" visible="false">

<sprite depth="4" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

<label pos="0,-180" depth="3" name="descriptionText" width="100%" height="80" text="ADD BASKET TO ACCESS STORAGE." text_key="xuiEmptyVehicleStorage" justify="center" font_size="24"/>

</panel>

</window>

It's not as large but it fits nicely on the screen and works with even the lowest resolution without drastic cut-off.

This is what i have come up with so far but i cant figure out how to move the minibike storage up higher. Which code do i have to change to get it moved up pretty please.

20161023122623_1.thumb.jpg.95270d28056d20ca98ea42babe8441e5.jpg

I removed the passengers and noise because i think they are useless information

HI all,

I'm trying to craft the new wooden stairs with railing... but it shows a white hammer icon in the crafting menu (which seems to be mean I know how to make it)...

... but there is no "Craft" button.

I've tried to make it on my person, in the workbench, with a claw hammer in my hand. Nothing works.

Same goes for the redwood block.

Hi Valmod,

Thanks for your mod, we're loving it atm! Have only run into 2 problems so far - we're using the expansion pack and we're not able to craft a claw hammer or cement mixer.

The skill learned icon is greyed out, even after reading the masonry & hammer books and learning the concrete mixing skill.

So far I've just used the CM to get one but it'd be better if people could make their own, any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

This is what i have come up with so far but i cant figure out how to move the minibike storage up higher. Which code do i have to change to get it moved up pretty please.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17713[/ATTACH]

I removed the passengers and noise because i think they are useless information

find line 1117: <window name="windowVehicleStats" width="228" height="280" panel="Right" controller="VehicleStats" >

Change the height property.

HI all,

I'm trying to craft the new wooden stairs with railing... but it shows a white hammer icon in the crafting menu (which seems to be mean I know how to make it)...

... but there is no "Craft" button.

I've tried to make it on my person, in the workbench, with a claw hammer in my hand. Nothing works.

Same goes for the redwood block.

Artisan Decor Station, most likely. You don't literally have to hold a hammer. That icon just means its behind a workstation of some kind.

Hi Valmod,

Thanks for your mod, we're loving it atm! Have only run into 2 problems so far - we're using the expansion pack and we're not able to craft a claw hammer or cement mixer.

The skill learned icon is greyed out, even after reading the masonry & hammer books and learning the concrete mixing skill.

So far I've just used the CM to get one but it'd be better if people could make their own, any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

The cement mixer is crafted in the workbench. It isn't a locked recipe in Expansion.

The clawHammer recipe is crafted in your backpack. It is not locked down by any book or perk.

The clawHammer schematic does not drop in loot, even though it still exists in the game and can be gotten from CM (it doesn't teach anything though). The Masonry book only gives you skills in mining tools.

Ensure you and your friends (I assume you're playing on a server?) have installed the Expansion pack locally and not the Overhaul. These recipes should not be showing as locked.

The cement mixer is crafted in the workbench. It isn't a locked recipe in Expansion.

The clawHammer recipe is crafted in your backpack. It is not locked down by any book or perk.

The clawHammer schematic does not drop in loot, even though it still exists in the game and can be gotten from CM (it doesn't teach anything though). The Masonry book only gives you skills in mining tools.

Ensure you and your friends (I assume you're playing on a server?) have installed the Expansion pack locally and not the Overhaul. These recipes should not be showing as locked.

Yep we're on a server, it seems the problem is that we had installed the client files from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kri16twujjz5e/Valmod_Server on our local machines and I'm guessing those are out of date, the guide that came with the expansion has this link in it.

Anyhow I installed the master files on my PC and the recipes are working as intended now :)

Hi Valmar here testing craft when put a Decor Station and hit ´(E) nothing is happen? i need a skill? cant figured what skill i need please reply thanks. i want to make oil fire barrel, is under explosive, traps or decoration perk? and cant find decor-perk? i playing overhauled mod.

Error pistol level 50

I'm sorry for my English.

navezgane map, 64-bit, Windows 10, a single player, last Valmod pack

guns level 50 = unrecoverable error, only ends with alt + f4

tested in several normal games to reach level 50 in guns

Test: from start cheat mode, books to reach level 50.

Thank you.

Error pistolas a nivel 50

Lo siento por mi Inglés.

Mapa navezgane, de 64 bits, Windows 10 , un solo jugador , ultimo Valmod pack

pistolas a nivel 50 = error irrecuperable, solo termina con alt+f4

probado en varias partidas normales para alcanzar el nivel 50 en las pistolas

prueba: nueva partida, modo trucos, libros para alcanzar el nivel 50.

ERROR

Gracias.

I'm asking myself, why you don't delete all the unnecessary different coloured clothes to make the game faster. I play now Valmod-Overhaul for a long time and never used a coloured armor or something like that. Less receipts, means less lag.

Also I don't understand the tendency to have more and more skill which I have to learn while a workbench or forge etc. is open. ie. to get Blacksmith to 80 it's a very long and boring way. I know you can make pipes by the player, but it need to much iron and time.

If you play Valmod-Mod with ie. compo-pack, there are many "common" containers without loot. Do you think you could change that? It would be great.

I am new to the 7d2d modding scene. Just rented a server and am setting it up with your Valmod Overhaul pack.

If I wanted to removed silenced weapons completely so they cannot be found, assembled etc where would I comment that out as I know they are present in many of the xml files.?

If I wanted to add text to the Survivor Note when it is read and the quest description pops up (its currently blank) what do I need to add to make that happen?

A bugfix:

In Localization.txt I changed "SealedMeatDesc" to "sealedMeatDesc" so the description shows up in game.

Changes I made.

Wood spikes changed wood qty requirement from 100 back to 20 (I think this is how it was in A14?)

I changed the UI from Red Eagle LXIX to show the full stamina bar again.

I will be overhauling the material requirements for the storage containers to be more realistic in terms of quantities and materials required changing their inventory back to match originals.

Yep we're on a server, it seems the problem is that we had installed the client files from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kri16twujjz5e/Valmod_Server on our local machines and I'm guessing those are out of date, the guide that came with the expansion has this link in it.

Anyhow I installed the master files on my PC and the recipes are working as intended now :)

I forgot that guide even had that link. I no longer support the "Client Files" download. Mainly because people kept getting confused by it and I got tired of explaining what it was for.

hiho

Is there the mailbox function which one could order no more?

The merchant delivery box was removed for performance reasons since now we have NPC vendors.

I'm sorry for my English.

navezgane map, 64-bit, Windows 10, a single player, last Valmod pack

guns level 50 = unrecoverable error, only ends with alt + f4

tested in several normal games to reach level 50 in guns

Test: from start cheat mode, books to reach level 50.

Thank you.

Interesting. Thank you for reporting this. I see the problem and it has been fixed. Sorry for the oversight.

I'm asking myself, why you don't delete all the unnecessary different coloured clothes to make the game faster. I play now Valmod-Overhaul for a long time and never used a coloured armor or something like that. Less receipts, means less lag.

Also I don't understand the tendency to have more and more skill which I have to learn while a workbench or forge etc. is open. ie. to get Blacksmith to 80 it's a very long and boring way. I know you can make pipes by the player, but it need to much iron and time.

If you play Valmod-Mod with ie. compo-pack, there are many "common" containers without loot. Do you think you could change that? It would be great.

I will answer this in parts.

Colored Armor:

Having a lot of items does not impact the performance of the game. Having a lot of recipes does. And I have already removed the dye station and its many, many recipes. So those colored armors are harmless right now. I might add them to vendors at some point though. I don't want to completely remove the code because they may still come in handy in the future. Especially once we are able to buffs to armor.

Skills and Blacksmith:

Firstly the workbench is "free" because most of the recipes behind it are actually locked behind tools. The forge is not free, however. You need level 10 in Blacksmith to craft it.

Now to look at level 80. What does level 80 of blacksmith unlock? Essentially, it unlocks only forged steel and the ability to craft steel armors. These are both end-game materials. But the question you bring up is basically "is 80 too high?"

Well, lets look at it from the vanilla perspective. What perk locks down forged steel in vanilla? Steel Smithing level 1. Okay. How much does that cost? The perk costs 30 points and requires a level 40 in construction tools. Meaning to unlock steel smithing in vanilla you basically need 70 skill points. Lets ignore the 40 for construction tools. It is a levelable skill so you can grind that, you dont have to spend points on it. So you still do need, in the very least, to spend 30 points.

Now lets look at Blacksmith. It costs 80, which is indeed 10 more than the vanilla. However it is only governed by one skill. You do not need tool smithing or anything else. And you can grind this skill. In theory you could unlock all of this without spending a single skill point - though you can still do that too to speed it up.

There are also at least two skill books out there that give you levels in Blacksmithing. So you have these books that can find to jump ahead a level. You can also find survivor notes which is an instant skill point. Vanilla doesn't have anything like this.

So. Yes, it costs 10 points more than vanilla. But you have so many ways to reach that level, you have more options than you do in vanilla. So I believe it is fair. Does that mean I won't ever change it? No. I'm always open to feedback and if enough people say its too high then I will consider it. I'm not set in stone. However I do think its in a more reasonable spot than one might initially assume if they only looked at the up-front cost without factoring in the context surrounding it.

But we'll see. Like I said I'm not set in stone on this. I can take in feedback and if it gets enough criticism to warrant a change then I will. After it goes live and had more play testers I'm sure I'll learn quick enough how bad it is. One compromise could be not to lower the requirement but lower the amount of of exp required to level blacksmithing. Though diving into that can be a bit of a balancing nightmare.

Compo Pack

I assume that is done for balance reasons. I cannot say for sure. I suspect the reason is that those containers are the same ones the player crafts - which have no assigned loot in the loot.xml.

You could probably assign something to them, just so that they are not empty when used in a prefab. Though thats more something the individual should mess with rather than myself, I think. Though if you want help with it I can guide you with a few examples to start you off.

I am new to the 7d2d modding scene. Just rented a server and am setting it up with your Valmod Overhaul pack.

If I wanted to removed silenced weapons completely so they cannot be found, assembled etc where would I comment that out as I know they are present in many of the xml files.?

If I wanted to add text to the Survivor Note when it is read and the quest description pops up (its currently blank) what do I need to add to make that happen?

A bugfix:

In Localization.txt I changed "SealedMeatDesc" to "sealedMeatDesc" so the description shows up in game.

Changes I made.

Wood spikes changed wood qty requirement from 100 back to 20 (I think this is how it was in A14?)

I changed the UI from Red Eagle LXIX to show the full stamina bar again.

I will be overhauling the material requirements for the storage containers to be more realistic in terms of quantities and materials required changing their inventory back to match originals.

Welcome to the 7DTD modding community. We need the new blood, so its good to have you.

I will respond in segments.

Silencers:

If you wish to remove silenced weapons the easiest method and quickest method in doing so is to simply remove the silencer from the loot.xml. I believe, going purely off memory, that the silenced pistol is also set as a possible drop in the airdrop crate - so check there too. Same with the sniper.

Do this and they basically will not exist in your game. The player will still see them as an option when they go to assemble a pistol, however. If you want to remove them completely, no traces, well.. thats a tad bit more complicated. You'd need to remove the items, recipes, any mention in loot, any mention in the quests and any mention in progression. Again it would be easier just to remove them from loot, though.

Survivor Note:

Quests.xml

quest id="survivorNotes"

Add this:

offer="Blah Blah Blah, blah blah blah, bork bork bork!"

Localization fix:

Thank you, I will adjust that.

Various changes:

Actually I think they used to cost 10 wood. Also be mindful to also change the trap's fuel value in blocks.xml so that the player cannot easily exploit them for their campfires and forges.

Full stamina = blasphemy! UI is very subjective, we all have our own preferences. The next version of Valmod will be incorporating Sirilion's SMX UI, modified to my unique flavor of taste. Sneak Peek

The reason I gave all the storage containers a universal storage size was because it helps encourage players to make different containers just for decorative purposes. Objectively speaking if I kept the sizes vanilla why would I want to use a pill cabinet when a normal storage chest can hold so much more? I would literally be nerfing myself just for the sake of visual difference. At least that was my mentality at the time.

We need the new blood, so its good to have you.

Thank you!

Various changes:

Actually I think they used to cost 10 wood. Also be mindful to also change the trap's fuel value in blocks.xml so that the player cannot easily exploit them for their campfires and forges.

Thanks for the tip!

Full stamina = blasphemy! UI is very subjective, we all have our own preferences. The next version of Valmod will be incorporating Sirilion's SMX UI, modified to my unique flavor of taste. Sneak Peek

Yes, very true. Ooh, I like the look of that (the sneak peek) !

The reason I gave all the storage containers a universal storage size was because it helps encourage players to make different containers just for decorative purposes. Objectively speaking if I kept the sizes vanilla why would I want to use a pill cabinet when a normal storage chest can hold so much more? I would literally be nerfing myself just for the sake of visual difference. At least that was my mentality at the time.

Hehe, I thought just the opposite, if you have so much storage in each container one would not need that many and therefore only craft one or two :)

I like the game being difficult and somewhat authentic (in this case I mean keeping the original container loot size even if it is small). To each their own.

Thanks very much for the quick and detailed reply, its highly appreciated as is your work on all the mods!

Archived