A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

What did you do to fix it?

I changed the item.xml code for the steel pickaxe to have the same block damage as vanilla.

<item id="114" name="pickaxeSteel">

<property name="Extends" value="pickaxeIron" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Tools/pickaxe_steelPrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="4" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="forgedSteel" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Delay" value="1.5" />

<property name="Stamina_usage" value="5" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="4" />

<property name="ToolCategory.MyCatStone" value="0.5" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps" />

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="6,20" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="60,145" /> <!-- up to x4 from skills -->

<property name="DegradationMax" value="500,1400" />

</property>

</item>

Is there a way to load valmod textures with SDK ??

Textures? You mean the icons? I don't know. I don't know anything about SDX modding. Why do you want it to work with SDX, anyway?

I have a 20 slot server and the regular players do not want a server wipe... and also does this effect the players (IE: thier level and XP)

A character (not map) wipe is recommended but not required. Though they might find they will have to relearn things again anyway.

There is a way, yes. Just not easily. Well, its easy... but only if you know what you need. You need my windows.xml changes that relate to workstations. Or else, as you saw, the workstations won't function.

I believe there is more to it than that. I've moved everything that is related to the stations that you added in the xml and they don't function. I'd assume there is some in xui.xml, yes?

Edit: Yes, there was. If anyone wants to use the Threnix UI here is the fix. Just unzip and drag both into Config, overwrite when prompted.

Coolness

I'm really liking how you have removed everything from books, seems like the only rng stuff is survivor notes?

My only request(so far) would be to have the relevant perk/skill be in the item description. Ya i know dull work and probably on your bucket list lol

For instance, i couldn't figure out how to make Iron pickaxes or fireaxes until i put axe into the skills menu, I may have to restart to see if i just derped them lol

In fact gonna do that now.

*edit* ok i see them now, but that skills/perks menu can be daunting :p

Since I don't know 100% how this works, what would these settings do towards leveling up?

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="8000" experience_multiplier="1.02" skill_points_per_level="5" skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="500" experience_multiplier="1.04" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="1">

I'm really liking how you have removed everything from books, seems like the only rng stuff is survivor notes?

My only request(so far) would be to have the relevant perk/skill be in the item description. Ya i know dull work and probably on your bucket list lol

For instance, i couldn't figure out how to make Iron pickaxes or fireaxes until i put axe into the skills menu, I may have to restart to see if i just derped them lol

In fact gonna do that now.

*edit* ok i see them now, but that skills/perks menu can be daunting :p

Aye, its on the bucket list. Though I admit not that high. Honestly other than a few most of the perks are... pretty obvious. What perk do you need to unlock the fireaxe recipe? Probably the perk called Fireaxe. Maybe not the perk called Gun - Pistol. Still, it is on the list, so eventually it will be a thing.

Also there are still a few recipe books you can find, actually. Maybe four or five, off the top of my head.

Since I don't know 100% how this works, what would these settings do towards leveling up?

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="8000" experience_multiplier="1.02" skill_points_per_level="5" skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="500" experience_multiplier="1.04" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="1">

These the default values used if nothing is otherwise specified in the skill/perk to override it.

Player's max level is 200. It takes 8k exp to level up. For each level you gain the exp required to level up is increases by .02 percent. Each time your player levels you gain 5 skill points. The number of skill points you gain per level does not increase and will always be 5.

Skills level to a max of 100 (if you increase this you'd have to edit all the skills aswell to include ranges for it). It takes 500 exp in a skill to level it. Each time that skill levels it will take .04 percent more exp to level it again. Skills won't cost more the higher they get. Skill points will cost 1 skill point to advance.

I can't find any of these in my crafting menu: cement (even at the forge), iron bars or cooking grill. I'm pretty far in, level 50 or something and I even have the cement mixing skill, made a cement mixer but can't even make cement in the forge. None of these show up in my crafting list, not even greyed out. I've tried removing the game and reinstalling everything but no love. Is this a mod thing or is my game or server bugged?

My friend on the same server does not have this problem.

Hey, I was just thinking, Val, in order to gather resources, an item like a "crowbar" would be fun to dismantle a house, or poi to get THAT block from it. I mean, I would love that EVERY block that exhists and would be CRAFTABLE. but...failing the limits of recipes, all the different random blocks that a POI is made of. instead of crafting them...just...collect them! Like those neet "rebar-exposed-concrete-stump" blocks. just...pop it off with the crowbar. I could see it being OP, and maybe try and balance it, like...low durability, or a long time to harvest stone/cement tier blocks. but...it could be really useful for encouraging people to be CREATIVE without cheating in blocks.

These the default values used if nothing is otherwise specified in the skill/perk to override it.

Player's max level is 200. It takes 8k exp to level up. For each level you gain the exp required to level up is increases by .02 percent. Each time your player levels you gain 5 skill points. The number of skill points you gain per level does not increase and will always be 5.

Skills level to a max of 100 (if you increase this you'd have to edit all the skills aswell to include ranges for it). It takes 500 exp in a skill to level it. Each time that skill levels it will take .04 percent more exp to level it again. Skills won't cost more the higher they get. Skill points will cost 1 skill point to advance.

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="4000" experience_multiplier="1.01" skill_points_per_level="5" skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="250" experience_multiplier="1.03" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="1">

(From the lines above) So if I changed:

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="4000" to level="8000" and experience_multiplier="1.01" to multiplier="1.02"

-AND-

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="250" to level="500" and experience_multiplier="1.03" to multiplier="1.04"

This would double the time it would take to level?

I can't find any of these in my crafting menu: cement (even at the forge), iron bars or cooking grill. I'm pretty far in, level 50 or something and I even have the cement mixing skill, made a cement mixer but can't even make cement in the forge. None of these show up in my crafting list, not even greyed out. I've tried removing the game and reinstalling everything but no love. Is this a mod thing or is my game or server bugged?

My friend on the same server does not have this problem.

Cement is made in a cement mixer - not the forge. Did you check there?

Hey, I was just thinking, Val, in order to gather resources, an item like a "crowbar" would be fun to dismantle a house, or poi to get THAT block from it. I mean, I would love that EVERY block that exhists and would be CRAFTABLE. but...failing the limits of recipes, all the different random blocks that a POI is made of. instead of crafting them...just...collect them! Like those neet "rebar-exposed-concrete-stump" blocks. just...pop it off with the crowbar. I could see it being OP, and maybe try and balance it, like...low durability, or a long time to harvest stone/cement tier blocks. but...it could be really useful for encouraging people to be CREATIVE without cheating in blocks.

It is possible and I have toyed with the idea before. HOwever the amount of work it would take to balance it out is astronomical. The very way you harvest materials from blocks would have to be changed drastically. You'd need to make it so that only axes can harvest materials from blocks. Then set up each and every block to have a crowbar tool event. I think you could even set it up so that you'd need a perk to get the benefit.

So yes its possible. I just dont have a week to dedicate to just that. Not that I necessarily want it, either, as I dont really want to make it so you need to use an axe to harvest wood and such from blocks..

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="4000" experience_multiplier="1.01" skill_points_per_level="5" skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="250" experience_multiplier="1.03" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="1">

(From the lines above) So if I changed:

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="4000" to level="8000" and experience_multiplier="1.01" to multiplier="1.02"

-AND-

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="250" to level="500" and experience_multiplier="1.03" to multiplier="1.04"

This would double the time it would take to level?

It would do more than just double it. I would either only touch the exp_to_level or the multiplier. I wouldn't touch both. But general idea is right if you're after longer leveling times.

You dont need a new game after installing the mod.

Do you see a black toolbelt image on your screen, by chance?

yeah i can see the black toolbelt.

i played again and i think that the problems i mentioned were temporary issues. so the zombies do not diesapear anymore and so on but now i got another one the first time I have turned off the flashlight on my helmet and now i can't turn it on again.. i change the helm from mining to a swat with flashlight but don't work and the same way back, i restarted the game don't work.

on the minibike or weapons with flashlight it works normal..

since I have installed the mod, I have the feeling that the game is no longer so stabiel as bevor and a bit laggy.

have you ever had such experiences?

Hmm, well I did change both as listed above and it still feels like I'm leveling too fast.

Its worth mentioning that these values are only used if the skill/perk needs them but doesn't have anything set up to override it.

For example look at athletics skill. It has exp_to_level already in its code. So in this example it will use its exp_to_level as opposed to the one you edited. You'll have to go through the file and manually change the exp_to_level values on each skill.

yeah i can see the black toolbelt.

i played again and i think that the problems i mentioned were temporary issues. so the zombies do not diesapear anymore and so on but now i got another one the first time I have turned off the flashlight on my helmet and now i can't turn it on again.. i change the helm from mining to a swat with flashlight but don't work and the same way back, i restarted the game don't work.

on the minibike or weapons with flashlight it works normal..

since I have installed the mod, I have the feeling that the game is no longer so stabiel as bevor and a bit laggy.

have you ever had such experiences?

Check to see if you're wearing LED goggles. They can have issues sometimes if you wear them with a helmet light. Otherwise taking them off and back on should fix it. If no goggles are worn and its only with helmets then I dont know what to tell you. I don't actually touch the mining helmet.

As for stability or lag... I've had/heard no issues in regards to stability. Some input lag in crafting menus or workstations, perhaps. But these are vanilla issues outside of my control. My mod adds hundreds of new recipes to the game - the engine seems to have problem keeping up with it all sometimes depending on the persons rig/setup.

How do i craft auto walls?

You need the Quicker Crafting perk.

Just want to add my comment here and say that I Love the work you've done Valmar.

And your postings on the steam forums have been helpful to me in the past as well.

My steam guide on the mod installation is more or less complete now, hope you like it.

I have enjoyed many hours spent streaming 7DTD and your mod to my YouTube channel at MrToken63,

Its worth mentioning that these values are only used if the skill/perk needs them but doesn't have anything set up to override it.

For example look at athletics skill. It has exp_to_level already in its code. So in this example it will use its exp_to_level as opposed to the one you edited. You'll have to go through the file and manually change the exp_to_level values on each skill.

Ah I see, so going through it a doubling all the exp_to_level entries should do the trick?

Ahhhh, wow. I not exactly astonished that it would take that much to get it, but it's still dissapointing. it'd be a neet idea, though. and there have been a few instances where a friend on my server took over a prefab house, and had zombies come in and rough up his crib. The problem arises in him being fastidious about things, and bemoaning the tribulations of trying to repair the damage, when half of the crafting recipes are unavailable. like the window curtains, that green wallpaper stuff that has a top middle and bottom. the "rusty metal" pole that is part of the fence outside, or the wedge slopes for the back porch roof. since these are all pretty basic things, I sometimes don't mind just snagging a few from creative inventory, just to fix the gap. but the problem still exhists of an object exhisting, that cannot be replaced. and I would use the crap out of the crowbar, for funsies, and to....reuse resources. cause I'm strange like that.

Here's an idea, though. say...there were loyal fans, some of whom had a rough idea of how to fiddle with the configs and .xml's and you gave us a template, and said. "ok, if you want to make the crow bar dismantle a block, here's what you do." and then....the config edits start rolling in. and heck you could even ask somebody to colate them all into a single document, that you could more easily copypasta from. I'm not trying to add tons of work, but it feels like you could get help from your loyal followers.

Ahhhh, wow. I not exactly astonished that it would take that much to get it, but it's still dissapointing. it'd be a neet idea, though. and there have been a few instances where a friend on my server took over a prefab house, and had zombies come in and rough up his crib. The problem arises in him being fastidious about things, and bemoaning the tribulations of trying to repair the damage, when half of the crafting recipes are unavailable. like the window curtains, that green wallpaper stuff that has a top middle and bottom. the "rusty metal" pole that is part of the fence outside, or the wedge slopes for the back porch roof. since these are all pretty basic things, I sometimes don't mind just snagging a few from creative inventory, just to fix the gap. but the problem still exhists of an object exhisting, that cannot be replaced. and I would use the crap out of the crowbar, for funsies, and to....reuse resources. cause I'm strange like that.

Here's an idea, though. say...there were loyal fans, some of whom had a rough idea of how to fiddle with the configs and .xml's and you gave us a template, and said. "ok, if you want to make the crow bar dismantle a block, here's what you do." and then....the config edits start rolling in. and heck you could even ask somebody to colate them all into a single document, that you could more easily copypasta from. I'm not trying to add tons of work, but it feels like you could get help from your loyal followers.

sounds like what you are after is a branch for the code on github ;)

check out github and you can make a copy (fork) of vals code and do your edits and submit them back to val for review that way :)

When val makes updates you can pull them over into your fork (provided no conflicts).

https://github.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul

If someone wanted to add it to their game they'd be more than welcome to do so with the steps Stompy mentions. Github makes that kind of stuff easier than ever. Though it would take some research on the players part to learn how github works and setup everything correctly. But its possible. What you're after is easy to achieve. Just very time consuming. Also worth mentioning that while the name and icon could be a crowbar, the item you actually see in your hand would be something else.

If someone shows such interest I would show what needs to be done in the file.

Archived