Does a solar panel and battery bank generate heat?

11 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

How about fluorescent lights? If I fart my chair will that generate a screamer too?

I don't think generators or solar banks generate heat. I don't remember seeing a heat value with them in the XML. I just did a quick double check and don't see an obvious connection to Heat. I feel I once heard electric lights do not attract zombies, nor does the Lantern. Things that are burning do. (Torches, Candles, Barrels)

Standing within or passing through light affects stealth, however.

16 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

If I fart my chair will that generate a screamer too?

I'm holding my bets, and my nose.

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

How about fluorescent lights? If I fart my chair will that generate a screamer too?

You joke, but some of us remember when that was a thing in this game.

You ate the can of chili and it made you fart. You made a fart sound when you got dysentery too.

I think that was back in the days when we had actual literal @%$# to make fertilizer out of.

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

You ate the can of chili and it made you fart. You made a fart sound when you got dysentery too.

I think that was back in the days when we had actual literal @%$# to make fertilizer out of.

I remember those days. Looting a toilet was like opening a box of chocolates.

2 hours ago, Suxar said:

The good thing about a solar panel is that it doesn’t generate heat. But without intelligence it is difficult to buy elements.

Even with everything maxed, finding solar cells is extremely difficult since A21's changes to the trader inventory system.  I can hit 10 traders every 3 days and I might get 1 solar cell.  Once in a while, I might be lucky and find 2.  That's just ridiculously low chances when you need multiple of them just to make solar worth anything.

9 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Even with everything maxed, finding solar cells is extremely difficult since A21's changes to the trader inventory system.  I can hit 10 traders every 3 days and I might get 1 solar cell.  Once in a while, I might be lucky and find 2.  That's just ridiculously low chances when you need multiple of them just to make solar worth anything.

As far as I understand, the chance of a battery appearing depends on your trading skill. In A21, after maximizing the skill, I met them often. Now my skill is low, it’s hard to say what will happen if I raise it.

7 hours ago, Riamus said:

That's why I bought it as soon as I found a trader that had one. He also had a battery bank so I walked away from him broke.

7 hours ago, Suxar said:

As far as I understand, the chance of a battery appearing depends on your trading skill. In A21, after maximizing the skill, I met them often. Now my skill is low, it’s hard to say what will happen if I raise it.

I get all of my batteries from scrapping cars. Did you mean battery Bank?

8 hours ago, Suxar said:

I'm talking about solar banks and solar cells, not battery banks or batteries.  Maybe you just wrote the wrong thing here?

56 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

That's why I bought it as soon as I found a trader that had one. He also had a battery bank so I walked away from him broke.

I get all of my batteries from scrapping cars. Did you mean battery Bank?

To clarify what I was saying...

Solar banks (what you place on the ground/base somewhere) are easy to find once your trader stage is high enough.  Some perks increase trader stage and will help you find these sooner.  Either way, these are easy to find and you only need a small number of them unless you're going crazy with solar.  Solar cells (what you place inside the solar bank) are extremely rare unless they've changed that in 1.0.  In A21, with all perks that increase trader rank maxed and in late game, I could hit every trader on the map every time their inventories reset and I might get one cell - two if I'm lucky.  Sometimes I wouldn't even get one.  And that's any level cell, not necessarily tier 6, which is what I'd really want to buy.  You need 6 cells per solar bank if you want to maximize the power of the solar bank.  That means a ton of running around to every trader on the map over and over again to fill up however many solar banks you have.  If solar cells were a guaranteed item, or at least one that has something like a 50% chance to spawn in each trader's inventory each reset, then it wouldn't be a problem.  It might still take a lot of time to find 6 tier 6 cells for every solar bank you want to use, but at least you could get them filled up pretty quickly.

As it is now, solar is extremely painful to try and use.  It's already less power than a generator and takes up more space.  The only real benefit is not having to fill them up with gas all the time... and sound if that matters to you.  You can't even start on solar until late game and then have to spend potentially many weeks just to fill up all the solar banks and perhaps many more to get them all filled with tier 6 cells.  Plus, cells are extremely expensive, even with max discounts and awesome sauce.  That's a pretty bad design choice, imo.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Krougal said:

I miss smell radius honestly. That is what feral sense is trying to achieve.

1 hour ago, warmer said:

I miss smell radius honestly. That is what feral sense is trying to achieve.

Yeah, I think it was a good mechanic and should have been refined further.

We got a dumbed down replacement. I see a pattern here.

16 hours ago, Riamus said:

I'm talking about solar banks and solar cells, not battery banks or batteries.  Maybe you just wrote the wrong thing here?

I meant solar cells. I wrote it a little incorrectly, and Google Translate translated it that way. I don't speak English.

Edited by Suxar (see edit history)

I will be honest, I am not consistent at all.

I like the smell mechanic in The Long Dark as part of that game.  It makes me decide what food (and if any) I want to take with me when exploring.

I didn't like the smell mechanic as part of 7 Days to Die, mostly because it was never an issue that I could see.  I like Feral sense more because I tend to get more zombies pulled into my area when I am doing tasks, like trying to complete a task.  But I also like the new screamer mechanics so that says a lot about how I like to play 7 Days to Die.