V1.0 b316 EXP (b317 Hotfix)

@schwanz9000 Our server also reset to Day 1, is having huge issues with logging in (the command console is popping up when we try logging in), and if we get in, we can't open ANYTHING. No storage, no campfire, no forge, etc. We are at a complete loss of what to do. We spent a lot of time, and I'm hoping we won't need to start over. Any ideas?

Edit: Audio for weapon swinging, door opening, etc. is also completely missing. We just started using a dedicated server this week, so we know little about normal post-update processes.

Edited by Anderrn (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Mikhail Popkov said:

@schwanz9000 Hello, do you happen to know if there is keyboard and mouse support for the console, faatal said that it works for you and it may reach the release and I wonder if it reached the release or not, I will be very grateful for your answer

QA had some tests for certification that required them to be used and seemed to work just fine.
That being said, I personally do not know if TFP will "officially" support KB/M specifically on consoles or what type of functionality we will need to maintain for cert.

Just now, Anderrn said:

@schwanz9000 Our server also reset to Day 1, is having huge issues with logging in (the command console is popping up when we try logging in), and if we get in, we can't open ANYTHING. No storage, no campfire, no forge, etc. We are at a complete loss of what to do. We spent a lot of time, and I'm hoping we won't need to start over. Any ideas?

Remove any mods if you have any.
Please submit a bug report with logs attached and I'll take a look.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

They'd need something like a chest damage value that can be lowered for cops so they can't do much damage to those while not reducing overall damage so that you don't have to spend a ton of time breaking it yourself.

It's called explosionresistance, a material property. ;)

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

Does that affect cop spit or just exploding?  The spit is what I've run into breaking stuff.  I never let a cop explode.

If this helps for anyone with the container issue the issue for me was server side weapons mod.  In the loot.xml file for the mod the mod creator added groupZpackReg04 and the devs for 7D2D added that in the newest update.  The server owners either need to change this or remove the mod and your server should get back up and running.  Unfortunately it restarted the days but we kept our levels and most of our boxes were fine.  We had to destroy and replace some containers for the ones that didn't make it. 

Just now, lafata99 said:

If this helps for anyone with the container issue the issue for me was server side weapons mod.  In the loot.xml file for the mod the mod creator added groupZpackReg04 and the devs for 7D2D added that in the newest update.  The server owners either need to change this or remove the mod and your server should get back up and running.  Unfortunately it restarted the days but we kept our levels and most of our boxes were fine.  We had to destroy and replace some containers for the ones that didn't make it. 

Thanks for the confirmation!

6 minutes ago, Gazz said:

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Does that affect cop spit or just exploding?  The spit is what I've run into breaking stuff.  I never let a cop explode.

I'll get something fixed up for that. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

The small bear has a texture bug for me after this update. Win10, latest updates, Nvidia GTX980, Ryzen5600X. It looked fine before, so something changed.

Can you screenshot it?  I haven't seen a mini bear since the update.

The only issues with graphics I've seen beyond just FPS issues that I'm not concerned about is that I can actually see a hazy shape of zombies through wooden fences and some other walls.  It's like infrared but not heat-based.  It's enough detail that I can actually tell which zombie it is before I can actually see it.  EDIT:  Which faatal just responded to in the other 1.0 thread that it's being looked into.  Nice timing.  ;)

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

The small bear has a texture bug for me after this update. Win10, latest updates, Nvidia GTX980, Ryzen5600X. It looked fine before, so something changed.

I see that it has a light shimmer of some sort on it. Will let the team know. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

I noticed this as well. My guess it's the fur shader bugging out on a downscaled model.

1 hour ago, schwanz9000 said:

The team is working on some controller updates, but no details will be given at this time.

Please for love of god I hope the cursor is back by the time this launches on console. Hopefully the proper quick swap returns for the left side of the hot bar with d-pad, and you no longer have hold hold Triangle / Y to do inventory stuff, but the cursor is the biggest issue. 1.0 itself I love, and am so happy to play on console, just hope this misstep is averted, good luck for whatever solution the team is cooking up!

Edited by Jack11803 (see edit history)

Noob question maybe, but if I am playing on the Navezgane pregen, what exactly is it I need to copy over, the whole Navezgane folder, just the prefabs xml? What exactly? And I am not sure where to find the folder to paste it in after anyways, does it exist yet?

1 hour ago, Geek2max said:

Noob question maybe, but if I am playing on the Navezgane pregen, what exactly is it I need to copy over, the whole Navezgane folder, just the prefabs xml? What exactly? And I am not sure where to find the folder to paste it in after anyways, does it exist yet?

Navezgane does not need to be copied. That is our base map. The maps in question are the Pregen maps like Pregen04kA, Pregen04kB, etc. 

1 hour ago, lafata99 said:

So it looks like the zombies not spawning and not in pois was a hiccup they started spawning about 20min later. 

Very odd, but thanks for the update!

57 minutes ago, Filip said:

Why aren't there textures for food and drinks? (I mean there is only one texture for food and drinks)

These are being updated at some point, but don't expect to see unique models/textures/animations for every consumable item in the game.

29 minutes ago, music snob said:

Will "depth of field graphics setting" be returning? I love that option and miss it. Thanks.

This was simply cleaning up the unused menu option. Depth of Field has been disabled in code for several years now.

So Kubixe County is a generated map too, unlike Navezgane. Does Kubixe 10k have to be preserved somehow? Because I don't see it in the steam folder, and only see it in the Generated Worlds folder under AppData.

We are deprecating the existing EXP Pregens with the next EXP update. New ones will be provided and named differently to prevent accidental savegame issues.
To preserve your current progress, please copy your currently played Pregen and paste it into your generated worlds folder:
%APPDATA%\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

Edited by Arayh (see edit history)

No action required for maps in AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds.

The only action needed is If you are playing on one of the current Pregen maps found in the steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds folder.
You can continue playing on the Pregen maps if you copy them to AppData\Roaming\7DaysToD

ie\GeneratedWorlds.

Dedicated Servers:

Updating from v1.0 beta b313 to v1.0 beta b316 via SteamCMD appears to break the servers, whereas a clean install works fine.

The console throws the following error when a player tries to connect: "EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream"

More info posted -> here <-

2 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Was just coming here to post about that. Little bear be shiny 

image.thumb.png.c60b4445f8518f4e59a5e2b489ce2b3b.png

Of course it's shiny, it's brand new!!!  Just give it a few weeks and the new gloss shine will wear right off lol.