Are treasure maps still in the game?

Yes, they are.  I've had a few.  You'll need to do some higher tier quests as I've only noticed them in the large locked loot room chests.  Maybe they can drop from other containers, but I don't think I've seen that happen.

Yes though they seem to have been nerfed hard. I used to get a bunch of gems from them, now its been rather meh.  We havent seen any silver, gold or diamond and weve done 4 of them now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a number of maps, but I haven't done any of them in several months.  I just pulled them all out of storage, and they all seem to be glitched.  I start them, but I get no marker on my map, and when I try to search the map for it, the game says "Selected quest does not have a location to show".  It happens for all 7 map types.  I have tried restarting, reloading, I am 1 step short of reinstalling.  Anyone seen this or have a fix?

7Days.PNG

Edit: I went into another save file and they maps worked fine, then went back into the first, and nothing,  Oh well.  All existing maps are getting wiped with the V1 release anyway.  Have fun, everyone!!

Edited by KuroiRyuuga (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, KuroiRyuuga said:

I have found a number of maps, but I haven't done any of them in several months.  I just pulled them all out of storage, and they all seem to be glitched.  I start them, but I get no marker on my map, and when I try to search the map for it, the game says "Selected quest does not have a location to show".  It happens for all 7 map types.  I have tried restarting, reloading, I am 1 step short of reinstalling.  Anyone seen this or have a fix?

7Days.PNG

Edit: I went into another save file and they maps worked fine, then went back into the first, and nothing,  Oh well.  All existing maps are getting wiped with the V1 release anyway.  Have fun, everyone!!

I have seen bugs in the past related to trying to use multiple maps of the same name, where it would bug the quests.  I haven't seen that in a long time - probably not since A20 - but I also learned to not try to use the same map multiple times until I've completed the first one, so I may just be avoiding the problem.  I think my fix for it was to delete all map quests and try a new one, but you might also have some other problem where that won't help.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 5:36 PM, Riamus said:

I have seen bugs in the past related to trying to use multiple maps of the same name, where it would bug the quests.  I haven't seen that in a long time - probably not since A20 - but I also learned to not try to use the same map multiple times until I've completed the first one, so I may just be avoiding the problem.  I think my fix for it was to delete all map quests and try a new one, but you might also have some other problem where that won't help.

It's all moot now, because 1.0 has launched, but my glitch was with different maps.  I activated 1 of each of the 7 maps, and none of the markers showed up.  The really weird thing was that it was only in that world.  I went into one of my other worlds, and the treasure maps worked fine.  Fortunately, have not had any problems yet since 1.0 released.  At least with the treasure maps.

1 hour ago, avalonnn said:

High level quests and POIs I think. One quest led to a submerged location in a lake. Have you ever faced that? I cancelled the quest and marked it as failed. 

Haha, yeah, it used to happen to me a lot in the old days.

Ok, so I just did the Jennifer's I just picked up. I am day 26, lvl 46. It was in forest biome (I assume biome affects the lootstage for these). 2xdiamonds, 113x9mm, 97x7.62mm, 105 gunpowder, 7 shotgun shells, 2 shotgun parts, 108 buckshot, muzzle break. Not a bad haul, especially the 2 diamonds which I can put to use.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

1 hour ago, avalonnn said:

High level quests and POIs I think. One quest led to a submerged location in a lake. Have you ever faced that? I cancelled the quest and marked it as failed. 

Yeah, there isn't anything that stops treasure maps from being in water.  However, they will be within a certain distance of you when you read them, so you can read them a ways away from water so they can't end up in the water.

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Haha, yeah, it used to happen to me a lot in the old days.

Ok, so I just did the Jennifer's I just picked up. I am day 26, lvl 46. It was in forest biome (I assume biome affects the lootstage for these). 2xdiamonds, 113x9mm, 97x7.62mm, 105 gunpowder, 7 shotgun shells, 2 shotgun parts, 108 buckshot, muzzle break. Not a bad haul, especially the 2 diamonds which I can put to use.

Yeah, treasure maps are a great source for ammo in all biomes.  Unless you are one who thinks ammo is too easy, in which case you probably don't want to do the quests or want to mod the loot tables for those.