War of the Walkers mod

dwallorde

I realized that you can hear those NPC shots even 70 meters in ground that loud if they are standing nearby you. Is it somehow possible to tune them down quite a lot? It is really getting annoying, when they shooting for minutes without a break and you always need to get up 60-70 meters to kill them as thats sometimes the only thing that stops them from shooting.

If not, I would really appreciate to remove all those shooting NPCs and replace them with some who have melee weapons.

I also agree with those plant fibers for builder quest, seems to me a bit overtuned. At least from a time consuming perspective, I needed about 2 times as long as getting stone and wood together.

Last but not least, I started my game with 5.2.0 build 104 and upgraded to 5.2.1 build 107. Now, one class trader isn't in the building anymore. The vending machines work fine but there is no trader. Another usual trader doesn't seem to open anymore. No matter what time or day, I get teleported. And some of those winter zombies (Frozen Larry) have half of the body transparent. Not that much of a deal, at least the head is visible :D

Here is a screenshot of it: https://imgur.com/a/tOj8S

Edited by JoeWhizer (see edit history)

Sorry for double post.(not related to above)

Hey Guys- share more details about that memory leak some of you have posted.

I noticed + my guess- in a chunk- when you stay a prolonged time(base building etc) the game can go to max 22 or 23GB of ram(at least for me) When you cross into another chunk the ac-culminated Ram gets discarded(by the game)- it drops to around 13GB of ram. In cities - depending on the size of the city and structures- add another +2/+3 GB.

Not sure there is something that can be done with Ram issues here. Ram is coordinated by game engine- not the mod. Given that this mod uses UMA textures(Funpimps dropped them in vanilla perf gain) this mod will be ram heavy. Voxels and Textures dont mix on low Ram...

Hey again - I run into an issue with wet concrete. It says can only be crafted in "Wood Working Workbench", but that workbench does not exist. I searched the xml files and only mentioning is in ItemID 1870 StarterClassBuilder, but I assume this is a legacy item? Also it didn't work, I gave it to me with giveself and I can't read it.

I have unlocked all classes, and I can't find any perk to unlock a "Wood Working Workbench" or find a way on how to craft wet concrete blocks.

Any Ideas? :)

Edit: Okay, it's working in the Builders Workbench - just a naming issue.

Thanks!

Small glitch, but i'm satisfied with this so far:

Any campfire that has an item inside on slot #7,8,9 (the last three) actually retains that item for every player-made campfire.

So far, i've only stored raw meat on slots 7, 8, and 9, but I've noticed that my campfire that I made two towns over, still had the same stored raw meat. SURE SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME though.

I think the same thing applies with non-player made AND player-made workbenches too -- put an item inside on the new slots, and it may retain it for you throughout all workbenches. I can't confirm but I stored a Paint Brush and 800 Wood inside, and found myself looking at it on Dwalls' Class Made Trader NPC inside.

The BGG Shop was a real nice touch, the beginning interior could use a little more but the rest was so inviting.

Also, the Master Class papers are super tough to find, forcing you to scavenge for most of your day. It leaves you less time to build your base (I had everything I needed by end of Day 2), so i'm wondering if they are in the Class Vending Machines. I don't mind paying 30k Dukes for a class paper if it means i don't have to wait until Day 16 to finally find a working set of 3 class papers.

Small glitch, but i'm satisfied with this so far:

Also, the Master Class papers are super tough to find, forcing you to scavenge for most of your day. It leaves you less time to build your base (I had everything I needed by end of Day 2), so i'm wondering if they are in the Class Vending Machines. I don't mind paying 30k Dukes for a class paper if it means i don't have to wait until Day 16 to finally find a working set of 3 class papers.

Day 16? I wish I had things that early! I still need some of the papers for Covert, Marksman, Tradesman, Electrician and Survivalist on Day 28.

i just started war of walkers mod

big change compared to normal 7d2d

are there any read me files or youtube vids that goes over skill progresstion and other major overhauls

also what would be a good sp setting to start a game with

nothing over the top easy or hard somthing middle while learning the game

The vending machines what you get from your class quest is really stupid once you put them down you can not pick them them up again and can not get any more so if you in a temp place and want to move say across the map you are totally screwed why you not made it so you can pick them up again ...really bad idea the way its done.

And diamonds are useless all you can make is a diamond pickaxe and fire axe why you not made diamond armour because diamonds is so easy to get now in this version........please add something else for use with diamonds have over 200 useless ones now :(

The vending machines what you get from your class quest is really stupid once you put them down you can not pick them them up again and can not get any more so if you in a temp place and want to move say across the map you are totally screwed why you not made it so you can pick them up again ...really bad idea the way its done.

You can make new ones, they're just kind of expensive. You can't pick them up because otherwise you could pick them up and put them down over and over to reset the inventory.

And diamonds are useless all you can make is a diamond pickaxe and fire axe why you not made diamond armour because diamonds is so easy to get now in this version........please add something else for use with diamonds have over 200 useless ones now :(

Not at home to test, but don't you get the recipes for the vending machines when you complete the quests as well as getting the actual machines? I could have swore I could craft more vending machines once I was done with the quest, but again, since I am not sitting in front of it at the moment, I can't be 100% sure.

You can make new ones, they're just kind of expensive. You can't pick them up because otherwise you could pick them up and put them down over and over to reset the inventory.

ahh yea thank you just saw you can make them i take it back and as you say expensive to make but hope dev will add more stuff with diamonds .......

i just started war of walkers mod

big change compared to normal 7d2d

are there any read me files or youtube vids that goes over skill progresstion and other major overhauls

also what would be a good sp setting to start a game with

nothing over the top easy or hard somthing middle while learning the game

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZInd4qrGZc69AoVqOckEkEGEkP3jxnw6ATP0yKGxBuw/edit?usp=sharing

Changelogs at bottom.

another question lol how do you upgrade tungsten frames ..i put the frame down and i tried hammer... wrenches.... nailgun....and still says need tungsten bars but i have over 1000 bars on me ?

Look above you:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?53190-War-of-the-Walkers-Mod-(Overhaul)&p=780807&viewfull=1#post780807

Reading posts is important.

You will find that HD nailgun is the only thing that can upgrade tungsten blocks.

Any campfire that has an item inside on slot #7,8,9 (the last three) actually retains that item for every player-made campfire.

So far, i've only stored raw meat on slots 7, 8, and 9, but I've noticed that my campfire that I made two towns over, still had the same stored raw meat. SURE SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME though.

I think the same thing applies with non-player made AND player-made workbenches too -- put an item inside on the new slots, and it may retain it for you throughout all workbenches. I can't confirm but I stored a Paint Brush and 800 Wood inside, and found myself looking at it on Dwalls' Class Made Trader NPC inside.

I did a little more investigation and what I found was:

If you have 2 of the same "building container", eg Cement Mixer or Campfire, and you use the Output spaces to store items, you can get your materials duplicated.

Nevermind, I'm still testing this. It might be a dupe but i'm trying to replicate the process so I can rewrite the exact steps, but i'm seeing materials in multiple building containers
Edited by BeeBeeBee
still working out exact clicks (see edit history)

So I am using the latest 5.2 mod, and I accidentally removed the "Builder" quest line. (there should be "Are you sure u want to remove this quest")

But anyways is there any way to get it back? I'm playing online on a server I don't run.

The console command is "givequest classtrainingbuilder1". You need to be admin to execute console commands on a server. So you would need to ask the server admin to give you temporary admin rights.

V5.2.2 B108 Released

-Reduced Craft time for all Terrain Type Recipes (Eg. Grassy Ground, Forest Ground Etc)

-Fixed Localization for Concrete Construction Perk

-Changed Blood Draw Kits now Consume on Use

-Fixed Tradesman Class Bonus Perk for Barter Localization

-Added Tungsten and Diamond Tipped Fireaxe as Holding Requirements allowed items for "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay" Quest

-Added Cosmetic Item

So when i was playing Wotw i discovered a warehouse poi with buildings surrounding it and it had a bunch of high quality loot crates. The thing is the random horde gamestage was somehow 4096 and Irradiated white ferals spawned everywhere around the poi. i could count over 80 zombies running around. i was like stuck on 5 fps and the game kept giving me bleed effects and broken legs. I was playing with my 3 of my friends. 2 including me were around level 20 while 1 was like level 120.

I was wondering if this is supposed to happen cause my computer almost crashed due to 7dtd chugging over 14 gb of ram.

https://imgur.com/a/DfBCS

This is how bad it got in there^

Graphics Issue MP Server

I have installed the mod onto the server, no issues or file failures. However there are a ton of white boxes with red question marks that appear everywhere. I have reinstalled 3 times now and still can't get it to resolve. What am I missing?

WOTW.thumb.jpg.f1fdad77af04b2f3f979676db14f68d0.jpg

Never seen that many ferals in that POI, but it's ALWAYS bad for FPS. Makes my 6800K and 980Ti drop down to about 15fps. My wife's 1080 pulls about 20 in there.

- - - Updated - - -

I have installed the mod onto the server, no issues or file failures. However there are a ton of white boxes with red question marks that appear everywhere. I have reinstalled 3 times now and still can't get it to resolve. What am I missing?

That's missing textures. Do you have the mod installed on your machine too?